Over

Catch Me If You Can

 

Something went wrong on the format of my last update and I already fixed it. Anyone of you who had a hard time reading before can go re-read it so you can enjoy this latest chapter better.

 

I hope this is worth your wait. Don’t hate me tho >.<

 

 

___________________________________________

 

There’s a commotion.

 

"Where should I put her?"

 

"In my room.. Here.."

 

Yuri doesn’t have a tad bit of idea what the ruckus is all about.

 

"A little help here, Seul.."

 

"I got it unnie.."

 

Or how does she even hear all of this chaos amidst the darkness she is wallowed into.

 

"Hey…you're gonna be fine, okay? Just..just stay with me.."

 

Though that piece of encouragement does tell her that she is the focal point of the clutter going on.

 

“I don't have anesthetics…but I don't have other option than to operate on her without it.."

 

What operation whaaat???

 

"I-I ccaan handle it.. Ggghhjusst..go ahead.."

 

"Are you sure?? This is very painful.."

 

“Y-yess..Please jussst do it..”

 

Wait, was that her?

 

"Alright. But first, can we put the cuffs off the patient's wrist??"

 

"Is there really a need to??”

 

"Well, not really. It's just that—"

 

"Then just proceed with the surgery. I am not leaving Yuri here.."

 

Y-Yoona??

 

"I ain’t leaving you alone. Just like what you promised me… I’ll stay Yuri..”

 

Yoona..

 

YOONA!!

 

Eyelids abruptly fluttered out of the shadows. She met a vague impression of something before it eventually formed into something comprehensible.

 

A caramel-colored ceiling.

 

As far as Yuri remembered, her ceiling isn’t caramel-colored. Nor was her own room sprinkled with strips and dots of blue all over.

 

She tried to move her immobile body but the softness of the mattress under her made her stay. It’s actually cushioned enough for her maltreated spine and she easily got fond of the quality. The homey aroma of the room and its inviting frills convinced Yuri’s body to recline into stillness once again.

 

Just where the hell is she??

 

Then it clicked.

 

Her fondness of the mattress and the comfortable ambiance of her unknown location dissipated into thin air almost immediately when realization finally hits her.

 

The Han Jaejoon mission.

 

La Villa’s neon light trademark.

 

The adrenaline-rushed pursuit of the criminal who finally had a gender and was wedged inside Yuri’s accurate reckoning.

 

And…and the face.

 

The days of imagining what the face of their criminal would be are finally over because Yuri had come face-to-face with their suspect.

 

And it is not what she totally imagined.

 

Because instead of a savage, brutish, fire-breathing person who had her victims executed through modes and methods almost foreign to law enforcers, Yuri was met with an angelic, innocent-looking doe eyes whose facets wouldn’t even hurt a fly.

 

And what makes the whole situation far more farfetched was the fact that those feats belong to the very person whom Yuri had dedicated her worn-out heart into.

 

It was Yoona.

 

No.

 

It is Yoona.

 

It is her all along..

 

Yuri immediately jolted up from the bed, pushing herself up as much as she could with all the strength she has. Only to hear a loud grunt from herself when a shoot of pain in her lower torso suddenly throbbed.

 

Her free hand tried to pacify the burning sensation by draping over it but such was rather futile.

 

The pain was unbearable.

 

She heard herself produce a couple of more grunts when she decided to push her limits and her upper body up even more.

 

That’s when the door of the room across the bed flew open, revealing a petite lady who, in the hazy mind of Kwon Yuri, looked much like a human-sized hamster.

 

“Please refrain from moving..” the hamster spoke, sauntered towards the struggling figure that is the cop and ushered her in getting back to bed.

 

Yuri noted how the hamster’s soft touches and gentle shove felt like that of her mother’s.

 

Or was it just her hallucinating?

 

“Who are you??” Yuri’s question in mind finally came into words, “W-where am I??”

 

The hamster’s lips curled up into a kind smile that Yuri found adorable. And no. Not that pedo kind of adorable.

 

The girl’s features made an impression of a younger sister than that of a potential hook up for Yuri. Though she quietly noted how the hamster was exceptionally attractive.

 

“I’m Wendy Son. And you’re at my place..”

 

Wendy who?

 

“What? H-how did I get here??”

 

Wendy reached down to something on Yuri’s side and revealed a tube-line which she properly adjusted. The former eyed whatever Wendy was tweaking before it finally dawned on her what the thing was.

 

“An IV? W-wha—“

 

She followed the direction of the line and hanging just above her head was a translucent bag of liquid.

 

Then it hits her.

 

“My beautiful friend and your associate Irene brought you here a week ago. She asked me to—“

 

“A week ago???”

 

Wendy bobbed her head. “Yes. You’ve been out for a week, Inspector Kwon. You’re friends have been visiting you here since then..”

 

She was hit.

 

She now recalled.

 

“A tall girl with big doe eyes...she’s skinny and has this beautiful jet black hair…” Yuri looked up to the hamster and was at first hesitant to continue.

 

Wendy beckoned her to go on, “W-was she one of those among who b-brought me here??”

 

Yuri could see how the hamster pondered on how to react but slowly nodded her head in response.

 

On that fateful night, when the mask of the person behind all the pristine carnages of people with affluent names, was finally unveiled, Yuri could not only remember the painful shot she had taken in behalf of someone, but also the stream of diverse reactions that slapped her when the identity of the criminal they’d been hunting was not just what she projected.

 

Because hey, it was Yoona.

 

The girl who did well in bringing back the sense of trust in Yuri and mended her shattered soul back into the way it was, making the broken her, whole and complete once again.

 

Yoona was something more than just a girl to Yuri.

 

Turns out, Yoona was, in the literal sense, more than just a girl.

 

For she is the criminal Yuri had been chasing.

 

She is the person who performed all those faultless murders that gave Yuri and her team a couple of headaches.

 

The one Yuri promised to catch herself.

 

The one Yuri vowed to put behind bars and make pay for all the lives she had taken in an extrajudicial manner.

 

And she belongs to the category of people who Yuri disdained to the core, who Yuri abhorred and loathed so much that she wished their kind to burn in hell alive.

 

A murderer.

 

A grim reaper.

 

Yoona is one of them.

 

Her Yoona is one of them…

 

“You were at her back when Irene came barging at my door. She was bleeding too, herself, because of an awful laceration on her upper chest but she doesn’t seem to mind that when she carried you all up until here. You know, she’s really pretty..”

 

Wendy smiled at the last line and Yuri turned up at her. The both of them locked gazes and it was Yuri who looked away rather glum and empty.

 

“Do you want me to call your friends and tell them you’re awake?” Wendy is now on the door, just turning her head to throw the question at the now tousled Yuri.

 

The hamster noticed the quick drop on the cop’s disposition but said nothing nonetheless.

 

Especially when she saw Yuri staring at a space of nothing, answering Wendy with an indifferent,

 

“I don’t have friends. Just call Taeyeon..”

 

 

***

 

 

She knows she can burn this right now.

 

This piece of paper Sooyoung just handed her.

 

Or she could burn Sooyoung all the same.

 

Because even after that resolved order and personal conversation between the two of them, the giant still did so what she wanted to, altogether breaking her vow and creating a ball of anger in the midget’s petite being.

 

Taeyeon was not pleased. Really.

 

Her chick-lidded eyes are now formed into one of the most seriously scary glares Sooyoung and Irene would meet in their entire lives. The latter is actually getting frightened at how the senior was looking fiercely at the woman beside her.

 

But the tallest among them remained nonchalant and relaxed, unfaltering at the intense and looming bomb forming right in front of her.

 

“What is this, Choi Sooyoung?” Taeyeon’s voice was low and dangerous.

 

Yet Sooyoung’s response was a slack, “A warrant of arrest..”

 

A hard shove made the Choi stumble backwards and Taeyeon’s firm clutch on her collar stopped her back from meeting the wall.

 

“We talked about this! I thought I made myself clear?!” the midget’s hiss had put an angry John Cena’s growl to shame.

 

“Indeed, we did. But this is the right thing to make as a person in the service of justice.”

 

It is. Taeyeon knows that.

 

She really does.

 

She is a person in the service of justice just as much.

 

But does Sooyoung know how extra hard it is for her part to make a choice between her job and the matters of the heart??

 

Does Sooyoung know how she has been a wakeful person for the last couple of days, trying to grasp everything that dawned on her??

 

Does she know the feeling of going into a roller coaster ride of emotions in order to get to this point??

 

No. Sooyoung doesn’t know.

 

Because one: she doesn’t have someone like Jessica that Taeyeon has to protect.

 

And two: because Sooyoung will never understand the battle that went through inside of Taeyeon when Jessica personally dropped everything.

 

 

Taeyeon drove them to an upper cliff away from the blaring noise of the city. Sooyoung was adamant in telling her that they had to go back to the metropolis because Irene just texted her a horrible news.

 

Yuri was shot.

 

Nevertheless, Taeyeon pushed back the itch of doing a U-turn and continued stepping on the pedal and ended up somewhere.

 

As the engines died down, the tense atmosphere inside the car became audible. No one dared to speak, even Sooyoung who was violent a while ago… until Taeyeon unbuckled her seatbelt and told Jessica to follow her, leaving a sprained Sooyoung inside the car throwing a fit.

 

Jessica was with them. Of course she is.

 

Taeyeon just risked her life to rescue the Jung away from the perilous disaster going on inside their flat and yes, Jessica is already out of harm’s way.

 

However, the words of the goon whom Taeyeon knocked down thrice before life finally breathed out of him, stayed and lingered inside her head.

 

It dwelled a little longer that running off and taking a breather is the only way that she has in her mind right now in order to get it all out of her head.

 

“Is it true?” Taeyeon was the first one to speak.

 

She and Jessica had been standing idly in the middle of the abyss and Taeyeon was getting tired of her own theories eating her up.

 

“What the man said awhile ago, about you and… and Y-Yoona… i-is it true??”

 

Jessica remained unresponsive, staring calmly at the disheveled Kim across her.

 

Her knight and shining armor..

 

“ANSWER ME, JESSICA!” Taeyeon angrily shouted, batting a couple of desperate blinks before finally settling with a quiet, “I-Is it true??”

 

But Jessica remained unbelievably calm in the middle of Taeyeon’s outburst. As if she was expecting this to happen very soon.

 

“Assuming that it is, what will you do?”

 

That’s when Taeyeon’s tensed body loosened. A hopeless glow in her eyes told Jessica that the cop had it already figured out.

 

There’s no turning back.

 

“Y-you and Yoona…you’re—“

 

“Yes Taeyeon. We’re assassins. We’ve been working under Kim Young Min for the last four years..”

 

Taeyeon’s lips trembled at the revelation. Her palms started to get sweaty and she thinks she’s getting a headache.

 

This… is this… is this true??

 

“W-whaa—“

 

They’ve been around for quite some time already.

 

“D-did you—“

 

All this freaking time, the criminals they’ve been seeking out were already in their arms reach, willingly throwing themselves to the den of lions that are them, the cops.

 

Yet no one noticed.

 

Not even Yuri and Taeyeon who are with these people.

 

“Ho-how did—“

 

And it’s one of the most painful part of the situation.

 

Because of all the things and memories they shared together, both rhapsody and distress,

 

“Why you??”

 

Taeyeon never once felt the danger that Jessica brings along with her.

 

It didn’t feel like Jessica is a threat at all.

 

For Taeyeon felt rather sheltered under Jessica’s embrace. The warmth she felt whenever she’ll hear the shrill sound of Jessica’s under her is nothing but what she longed to have in life.

 

“Of all people, w-why you?”

 

Jessica completed the missing puzzle in Taeyeon.

 

And now that she knows who the real Jessica Jung is, Taeyeon is starting to get scared.

 

Scared that the person she desired to have will be taken away from her in just a snap after all these revelations that came crashing.

 

Because why of all people, it has to be Jessica that was the criminal they are ought to catch..

 

 

 

Sooyoung swatted Taeyeon’s hands away from her crumpled collar, mirroring the intensity of the midget’s glare.

 

“I am a cop, Kim Taeyeon. “

 

The giant yanked the piece of document away from the petite figure before Taeyeon could think of crumpling it and burning it into ashes.

 

Sooyoung won’t allow this.

 

“So are you and Yuri. We vowed to do whatever we can to suppress crimes to the best of our abilities.”

 

She had enough of this crap going on between Yuri and Taeyeon with those two odd women, Yoona and Jessica.

 

She’d seen enough, experienced enough and known enough.

 

“And I will not tolerate any factor that will put our jobs in jeopardy. Let alone agree in concealing lawbreakers away from the light of the law for reasons of emotional attachments. For reasons of both you and Yuri’s romance with them..”

 

Sooyoung isn’t smart but she has been watchful enough to fathom who Yoona and Jessica really are after all that happened a week ago.

 

She isn’t smart. But she surely knows that they are the persons they were looking for.

 

They are the hired killers of Kim Young Min.

 

And with the way Taeyeon helped them out last week, Sooyoung couldn’t be wrong.

 

 

A teary Sooyoung scrambled her way to an unresponsive Yuri lying on a futon, sprain miraculously gone.

 

“Yuri! Oh my gawd! What happened to her?!”

 

She almost strained her neck when she began darting her head to and from the people inside the room, searching for an answer.

 

Of all the faces, a pale doe-eyed girl stood out from the mob.

 

“Yoona?! Wha—what the hell are you doing here???”

 

Sooyoung noticed how one shoulder of the woman was leaking red and took note of the ragged breaths she make. Yoona looked away and seized this opportunity to get out of the room.

 

To which the Choi wasn’t pleased.

 

“Hey! I’m talking to you!”

 

Sooyoung dashed out of the room and limply followed the other brunette.

 

Only to get a surprise of her life when Jessica ran out to Yoona and hugged her. Another kid went to the latter’s side and it was the first time Sooyoung saw the monolid-eyed girl.

 

Now she’s more confused than ever.

 

“What’s happening here??”

 

She’s just plainly lost.

 

“Do you know each other Jessica?? Yoona? And who is this kid who looks like a bear?? What is going on?!”

 

Yoona and Jessica broke away from the hug. They stood idly in the middle of the room with a baffled Choi Sooyoung darting her eyes from one person to another, searching for an answer.

 

It was Taeyeon who gave her.

 

“Go. Sica, Yoona. Get outta here..”

 

And it wasn’t Sooyoung expected to hear for the least.

 

“What? Taeyeon what is—“

 

“I said go. NOW!”

 

The midget already had Sooyoung’s arm on her grip to keep her from prying even more.

 

“How about Yuri??” Yoona inquired as she was already being dragged towards the door by the Jung.

 

Taeyeon calmly responded, “I’ll take care of her. Don’t worry..”

 

Sooyoung thought that Yoona would say more. But no.

 

The woman hesitantly nodded her head before she let herself submit to the gentle pull of Jessica and the other kid.

 

In as much as Sooyoung wanted to resist Taeyeon’s hold on her, she can’t.

 

Because she was more intrigued at the dreary words Jessica left, who had taken a last look at the wobbly Taeyeon, trying her hardest to contain herself from the seemingly difficult parting.

 

“Thank you, Taengoo..”

 

 

A catchy sound of ringtone broke the heated exchange of glares and Irene answered her phone.

 

“Wendy Son..”

 

“Can I speak to Inspector Kim?”

 

Irene looked up to the watching midget, “Why her?”

 

“Why not?”

 

Irene was to retaliate but the girl on the line beat her to it, “Come on, babe. Just hand it over. You can have me all by yourself later..”

 

Scoff. “You’re hopeless..”

 

Taeyeon subtly studied Irene’s displeased face when she gave her the phone. Nonetheless, she set it aside.

 

“Lieutenant Son..”

 

“It’s Wendy, Inspector. Wendy”

 

“W-Wendy, why have you called?? Is Yuri okay?”

 

“Yes she is. Inspector Kwon is exceptionally fine. In fact, she is awake..”

 

Taeyeon felt a huge load fell off her shoulders at the sudden news, face immediately lighting up and lips forming into a pleased beam.

 

“Really?”

 

“Mmm-mm. And she said she wants to see you..”

 

 

***

 

 

Seulgi tried. She really did.

 

She heated the water as per required in the book; she mixed the ingredients just enough; she even stood by the counter to watch over the broccoli.

 

She wanted it to be the perfect meal she’ll ever serve (because for the record, she doesn’t cook). But despite the labor of work she had to go through, her unnies remain the same.

 

Impassive. Stiff.

 

And she isn’t used to this.

 

“Unnies..” Seulgi started, eyeing the two taciturn women across the table.

 

They’re supposed to dine and enjoy their lunch. But Yoona and Jessica just don’t seem to have the appetite right now.

 

No.

 

They don’t have the appetite since last week.

 

And it’s starting to take a toll on Seulgi.

 

“You have to eat. Both of you..” she took the spoons and pushed it just enough for Jessica and Yoona to get a grasp of.

 

“You guys have to gain your strength back and you handsome unnie have some medicines to take. I still have a couple more pills which Wendy gave for that cut of yours and she specifically instructed me that you cannot not take them”

 

A portion of rice were served to both of the elderlies plates as Seulgi tended like she’s taking care of kids. She eventually apportioned her unnies’ plates with enough servings of pork and veggies, too, before getting back on her seat.

 

“It’s not gonna be the same, Seul..” Jessica suddenly said.

 

It was her first few words since last week’s incident and the bear doesn’t want the despondent tone of it.

 

“Everything’s not just going to be the same anymore.. The cops already know. We’re over—“

 

“NO!”

 

The sudden outburst made the two older people to flinch back to reality. Yoona and Jessica looked up to a teary-eyed baby bear.

 

“It’s not over yet. Taeyeon unnie even gave you guys a chance to get away. Why are you being so hard on yourselves??!”

 

Yoona in particular was deeply awakened by the younger’s words.

 

“Where’s the confidence?? The witty idiosyncrasies?? Where’s the thirst for something more??”

 

It felt like the kid’s words hit her hard right on the gut that it made her heart throb to its full extent.

 

“With that behavior of yours, you unnies are telling me that you are nothing but a bunch of chickens who falter and run away to the consequences of the troubles you made yourselves..”

 

It is a wake up call.

 

“It’s actually just the beginning.. It’s not over yet..”

 

And Yoona isn’t one who wanted to be called chicken.

 

“You’re right, baby bear..”

 

The doe-eyed girl stood up from her seat and went beside the vulnerable Seulgi.

 

“Handsome unnie is sorry for the way she acted..” She pressed her lips on the girl’s top before turning to the now cognizant Jessica.

 

“I am going out..”

 

That statement made the Jung immediately rose and get confused even more when Yoona sauntered to get her cardigan and keys.

 

“Where are you going??”

 

Yoona didn’t give Jessica the chance to ask more when she swung the door open, stepping out as fast as she can, but not before answering the former’s question with,

 

“I’m going to see Yuri.”

 

 

***

 

 

Good lord, please give her enough patience to stop herself from strangling the other girl right now.

 

Irene vehemently prayed.

 

If the daily pestering and endless hectors weren’t enough, Wendy’s existence itself is just as much annoying. It doubles up whenever the girl would come up to her and start her shenanigans.

 

Just like right now, when the three of them entered her flat to check on Yuri, Wendy flashed that mischievous smirk of hers and stood right next to her.

 

The two of them are at the kitchen counter while Taeyeon and Sooyoung are with Yuri in the living room.

 

“Stop it..” Irene hissed at the girl. Wendy started poking her arm and it looks like she doesn’t have a plan on stopping.

 

“Oh come on, Joohyun.” Poke. “Didn’t you miss this?” More poke.

 

“Not once did I. Now stop..”

 

“Aigoo. You’re still the stiff that you were, huh? You know I still remember you loved being treated like this when we’re still together. You were so—“

 

“Don’t.”

 

Wendy stopped poking not because of the danger in Irene’s glare and voice but because she was amused. She cannot stop herself in letting out a triumphant smirk when she knew how she was able to get into Irene’s nerves.

 

Again.

 

“Stop talking about us like it’s some kind of a good old tale to recall upon..”

 

“Is it not?”

 

Irene’s eyes twitched at the inquiry before looking away, “It isn’t.”

 

“Why?” Wendy taunted even more. “Do you have someone new right now? That cute, bear-like girl who was with the persons you brought here last week?”

 

This conversation is really stupid, “Who, Pringles?”

 

“Oh so you’re in nickname terms? As far as I remembered, her name was Seulgi..”

 

Irene shook her head in disbelief, “You’re seriously nuts, Wendy Son..”

 

“Come on don’t deny it. I saw the way you look at her like you wanted to just pounce into her and devour her. e”

 

Scoff, “What does it make you then? The way you stripped her with your eyes is seriously disgusting.”

 

Wendy coolly shrugged, “Can’t help it. She’s cute and y AF. And besides, I think we fall under the same age brackets. We’re compatible. Unlike you grandma Baechu”

 

“I’m just three years older than you!”

 

But before the house host could respond, the chime of the doorbell rang, gaining everyone’s attention including the people across the room who was engrossed in a more serious-minded conversation.

 

Yuri in particular had her heart skipping a beat at the sound of the doorbell.

 

Both a good and a bad kind of heart skip. It equally kept her thrilled and light-headed at the same time.

 

And this feeling couldn’t be worse when Wendy casually answered the door and came barging in was no other than the person she both want and does not want to see right now.

 

“Yuri..”

 

Im Yoona.

 

Before Yuri knew it, Sooyoung was jumping right onto the doe-eyed girl, tackling her to the ground and landing a heavy blow on Yoona’s face.

 

Much to everyone’s surprise.

 

“Sooyoung!” Taeyeon was quick on her feet to stop the thrashing colleague.

 

“YOU PIECE OF ! I WILL KILL YOU!”

 

Wendy stood frozen on her feet as she witnessed the ruckus enfold. Irene ran up to help Taeyeon before the Choi could really kill the woman under her.

 

“Stop it unnie!”

 

“NOOO!! I WON’T STOP UNTIL THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE BEGS ME TO!”

 

“Choi Sooyoung!”

 

The two midget police officers were able to successfully pull away the angry giant away from the almost unconscious Yoona.

 

“YOU WERE LAUGHING BEHIND OUR BACKS, WEREN’T YOU?! SILENTLY MOCKING US AND THE WHOLE POLICE DEPARTMENT FOR MAKING A FOOL OUT OF YURI AND TAEYEON! BOTH YOU AND THAT JESSICA JUNG!” Sooyoung thrashed more, doing her hardest to get away from Taeyeon and Irene’s strong clasps on her.

 

The trembling Yuri remained on her seat, watching the doe-eyed girl as she staggered to get on her feet with lips burst open, reeking fresh blood.

 

“IS THAT WHY YOU’RE IN THE STATION ALMOST EVERYDAY?! TO SNOOP ON US??! TO SPY?! TO TELL YOU’RE FILTHY BOSS HOW THE POLICE IS GOING CRAZY TRYING TO FIND HIS HIRED KILLERS WHEN IN FACT THEY’D BEEN WITH US ALL THESE TIME??? BECAUSE YOU AND YOUR PARTNER JESSICA WAS SUCCESSFUL IN TRICKING OUR TOP AGENTS TO GET INTO AN AFFAIR WITH YOU BOTH AND DISTRACT THEM!”

 

She doesn’t know when her hands balled into fist but she’s quite sure that the wretched look on Yoona’s eyes when it finally landed on hers made her grit her teeth.

 

“Yuri trusted you! SHE TRUSTED YOU WITH ALL THAT SHE HAS! SHE WILLINGLY BELIEVED YOUR PATHETIC LIES! HOW DARE YOU DECEIVE HER, YOU PIECE OF—“

 

“Syoung stop”

 

Then there was silence..

 

Nothing but ragged breaths and crickets could be heard of inside Wendy Son’s apartment.

 

Yuri had enough of the yelling.

 

Quiet whimpers and a scrunched face were produced when she slowly gets to her feet. Soon, with wobbly legs, Yuri began taking small, baby steps with a hand pressed against her lower torso.

 

All eyes are on her as she drags herself to Yoona, both of them had their gazes locked on each other as if the world doesn’t matter and it’s only the two of them who did.

 

Then a hand reached that of the others, sending a tingling sensation throughout both of their bodies especially that it was the first time since last week that they come face to face.

 

Yoona’s shaky hand was met with Yuri’s soft ones.

 

Her misty doe-eyes met that of Yuri’s unbelievably calm ones.

 

And the former thought she might have lost it when Yuri started tugging her hand, pulling her with her as the Kwon gradually walks pass the watchful eyes, with Yoona in tow.

 

All of the other presence inside the apartment kept mum, words at the tip of the tongue and nevertheless kept it.

 

Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Irene and Wendy swallowed whatever sentences they want to spit out because Yuri’s composure and the seething calmness in her blows their mind.

 

All the more for Yoona who was both confused and terrified as hell.

 

Who knows what a collected Yuri means?

 

Opening the door from where she remembered getting out, Yuri finally looked up at the bewildered eyes in the living room, darting her gaze from one person to another.

 

She never said a thing. No.

 

She just looked them in the eyes, especially Taeyeon and Sooyoung, before stepping into the room pulling Yoona with her.

 

It might be a little strange for Irene and Wendy.

 

But for the college friend and the bestfriend since diapers, it isn’t.

 

They know what it means.

 

 

***

 

 

Stepping into the room was like stepping into another world.

 

Not because the room somehow looks like a little out of this world, with the peculiar decorations and intricate edgings.

 

But because of the deafening silence that was surrounding the both of them.

 

No one says anything. No one dares to.

 

Yuri’s back faces Yoona.

 

Yoona stays rooted at the door.

 

Thinking about it, this might be the most painful moment she will have with the cop, having her usual annoyed tone totally absent. Yoona suddenly misses their unending banters and Yuri’s endearing, playful glares.

 

No, she’s not just missing the time they spent together.

 

She misses Yuri.

 

She misses them.

 

And even though the girl is just inches away from her, it felt like a world separates her from the Kwon.

 

Ahh..right.

 

They are worlds apart.

 

She is the devil.

 

Yuri is the one to catch the devil.

 

“I’m sorry..”

 

The Kwon found her free hand curling into fist at the quiet apology.

 

“I’m sorry, Yuri..”

 

She found liquid surging out from her sockets for reasons she cannot really decipher.

 

“I had no choice. Hanna was diagnosed of leukemia four years ago and I am a ing orphan who can’t get a proper job to fund her chemo..”

 

Yuri slowly turned. She carefully moved her body to fully face the Im and look at her face.

 

Only to shatter her already broken heart into million pieces at Yoona’s sobbing sight. Time and again, she discovered another side of the girl that she hates and love altogether.

 

Because despite all the surprises that came crashing, Yoona still looked like the lost clumsy whose façade never deceived Yuri.

 

That even if Yoona herself deceived Yuri of her true identity, Yuri cannot help but be drawn to the image of a broken Yoona who was pouring herself out for the cop to see.

 

“I-I never wanted to this. I never wanted to hurt people. But my situation lead me to do it.. I can’t let the last family I have to die without me doing anything about it. I am so sorry..”

 

With a trembling hand, Yuri reaches for the doe-eyed girl’s ruined lips and gently wipes away the gush of blood caused by Sooyoung’s strong hit.

 

The two did not even know until now that they are both a sobbing mess. Their constant sniffs and hitching of breaths are nothing but the backdrop music to the incredibly silent room they are in.

 

But they needed it.

 

They needed the moment just as much.

 

Because Yuri had to lean in very slowly and press her quivering lips at the side of Yoona’s own, lingering a bit longer than a peck was defined.

 

It’s another kiss they shared.

 

But this time it tasted different. It’s painfully different.

 

Too full of grief and anguish and Yoona is in torture all the same.

 

“I’m sorry too..”

 

The unexpected words were just above a whisper but the doe-eyed girl heard it vividly. Yuri pulled away and her eyes could not be full of tears as it is right now.

 

“I’m sorry..”

 

Everything freezes for a moment and the next thing Yoona know, the door burst open and someone grabs her from behind. Armed people suddenly surrounded her and high-caliber arms are vehemently aimed at her.

 

“FREEZE!”

 

“Don’t move!”

 

“Get your hands up!”

 

“HANDS UP!”

 

Soon, the heated exchange of commands are fading in Yoona’s crushing limbo.

 

“Im Yoona, you are under arrest for the crime of…”

 

She doesn’t seem to hear the lengthy pronouncement of the doctrine that cops are required to state upon seizing felons.

 

“..you have the right to remain silent and shall presume innocence until proven guilty..”

 

Because all Yoona could hear is the shattering of her already ruined heart into a million more pieces. This time she knows she can’t puzzle it back.

 

And the sight of Yuri trying her best to keep a straight face despite the unending tears rolling down her face is not helping to keep her sane.

 

To keep her rational.

 

So much that when her strained hands and her vulnerable self were violently hauled by the cops away from the room and away from Yuri, Yoona just conceded and did not try to resist anymore.

 

There is no more reason to.

 

Because even Yuri who she thought would stay, who promised to stay, decided to leave and let her go.

 

It’s over.

 

 

 

 

Never did Yoona know that Yuri had to gasp for air after everyone left and the chaos gone.

 

Yoona will never know that she had to hold on to the nearest table to stop herself from falling and let Taeyeon’s strength be her interim footing. Her unsteady feet aren’t just enough to keep her erected.

 

Yoona will never know that this is the toughest choice Yuri had to do in her career and perhaps even in her entire life.

 

And never will Yoona know that her pair of doe-eyes screaming of hurt will be the most painful memory she will leave Yuri.

 

 

______________

 

PS: Anyone who’d watched THE K2 here? Let Yoona’s scary glares on that drama be your mental picture of the glares that the Yoona in this story will make in the future chapters. 

 

PPS: I hated it when she had to run barefoot along Barcelona’s cold street. But psychopath Yoona is a very fresh character. Fighting Yoong!

 

PPPS: When will SNSD have their comeback?? I miss them together… Sobra >_<

 

WRITE ME SOMETHING ABOUT THIS UPDATE GUYS :)