final

i'll be yours and you'll be mine

high school was definitely not jungkook’s favourite life stage but so far, it had been bearable for him. this was probably because he had a group of the best friends he could have had to help him get through it alive. kim taehyung was probably his favourite of his friends - not that he’d ever actually tell him that - so it wasn’t much of a surprise that he was perfectly willing to kiss him to defend him.

 

taehyung’s coming out had been the hottest topic of the school for nearly a whole week - he was attractive and popular, how could he be gay? every straight girl’s heart broke a little when he posted his facebook status about it. but it was high school and while there may be plenty of nice people, there were plenty of s to even it out. s who weren’t very accepting of taehyung’s preferences, of course.

 

“so you like kissing boys?” the teacher had stepped out of the room for five minutes and the three other boys in the class beside taehyung and jungkook him instantly, their tones accusing. “that’s disgusting.”

 

the other students in the class all turned in shock, their eyes wide. jungkook’s mouth dropped and taehyung just frowned as if he expected it. maybe he had. he nodded once, crossing his arms over his chest in annoyance.

 

“it’s none of your business though, is it?” taehyung bit back and jungkook smiled a little at his friend. he was glad taehyung was ready to stand up for himself.

 

“yeah but it’s still gross…” came the reply, fake terror written across the boy’s face. “like, what if you try to look at us in the locker rooms?”

 

the other two shuddered in over exaggerated disgust. “jungkook, you should move away from him. he may try to make you gay too.”

 

“excuse me?” jungkook hissed, rage surging through his veins. “how dare you say that to me about my friend?” taehyung smiled at him gratefully but jungkook was too caught up in his anger to return it.

 

“we’re just stating facts! people’ll probably think you’re gay if you hang around with him anyway!”

 

jungkook was sure it he would regret it but in that moment he just wanted to try and piss off the homophobic pieces of trash in front of them. he twisted his body around and turned taehyung’s head towards his before crashing their lips together, keeping his hand on taehyung’s cheek.

 

and holy , holy , if he knew that kissing taehyung would be this good, he would have done it earlier. taehyung made a muffled noise of surprise at first but quickly melted into the kiss, wrapping an arm around jungkook’s waist and pulling both of them to the edge of their seats in order to get closer. their lips moved together heatedly and jungkook thought he heard one of the boys say something but he was a little too lost in taehyung to really understand.

 

they split apart all too soon for jungkook’s liking. taehyung turned to the three and shot them a wide grin with a snarky comment while jungkook found himself unable to stop staring at taehyung’s lips. had they always looked so plump and kissable? jungkook had always thought of himself as straight but suddenly, all the girls he had kissed paled in comparison to taehyung.

 

the teacher came back in less than a minute later and the whole class begrudgingly went back to their work (with a lot more whispering than before) but jungkook couldn’t bring himself to even try to comprehend the logarithmic functions on his page. instead, he was thinking about what it would be like to hold taehyung’s hand and to be able to kiss him for even longer.

 

and the thoughts didn’t go away at all. a week later, jungkook still found himself staring at taehyung’s lips while he talked and at one point, he even ended up imagining what it would be like to cuddle with taehyung while he fell asleep (which was a terrible thing to do considering he couldn’t sleep for the whole night after it - the bed felt too cold).

 

“oh my god jungkook.” jimin was the first to say something to him, the rest of his friends sitting up straight and leaning in. taehyung had just left for the bathroom - they all knew what they needed to say to jungkook and they had about two minutes to do it. “just kiss him again. please.”

 

jungkook nearly choked on his chocolate milk. “wh- uh. what?”

 

“yes. please, for the love of all that is good, JUST KISS HIM AGAIN,” hoseok grabbed at jungkook’s shoulders and shook him hard. “you’ve been staring at him like some lovesick teen for the whole week!”

 

“he is a lovesick teen,” yoongi snorted and namjoon nodded empathetically. jungkook just groaned in response. “you know kissing him is what you want.”

 

“yeah! but what if it’s not what he wants?” jungkook smacked his face against the table, narrowly missing the small puddle of spilled ox bone soup.

 

jimin rolled his eyes and yanked jungkook back up by the back of his shirt. “trust me. he want you to kiss him again. im basing this on the fact he was whining to me over the phone last night about how nice kissing you was and how much he really wishes you were gay so he could do it everyday.”

 

jungkook was a little worried about his eyes falling out by how wide they were at that moment. “you’re serious? oh my god, oh my god, he wants to kiss me again, oh my god-”

 

“i’m back!” taehyung announced, cutting jungkook’s mini freak out off. he slipped back into the seat next to jungkook and jungkook tried not to die at the fact taehyung’s leg was pressed up against his. “what did i miss?”

 

“nothing much,” jimin replied with a sly smirk. “but i think jungkook has something to tell you.”

 

“JIMIN,” jungkook shrieked, reaching across the table to grab at jimin’s collar but seokjin gently pushed him back with a stern glare. taehyung watched the exchange with a confused expression, almost a little scared to ask what they were talking about.

 

“jungkook?” he questioned, turning to face the younger boy.

 

with a deep sigh, jungkook moved to face taehyung too. “ok hyung. don’t hate me if jimin lied to me about this and i’m sorry in advance.”

 

before taehyung could answer, jungkook brought their lips together just like he did before and this time, taehyung didn’t hesitate to pull jungkook off his seat entirely and into his lap, breaking their kiss for only a second. jungkook pressed in again, tangling his fingers into taehyung’s hair while taehyung wound his arms around him. the space between their bodies was practically non-existent and the cat calls of their friends barely broke into their little bubble.

 

this time when they pulled apart, blissful smiles graced their faces and jungkook had never felt so happy, he was sure. taehyung breathed out a quiet laugh, his voice huskier than usual.


“jungkook,” he spoke seriously, a determined pout on his lips. “you can’t not be my boyfriend after that.”

 

“i don’t think i can’t not be either,” jungkook answered, before backtracking. “wait, i don’t even understand my reply there. just date me. please.”

 

“ok!” seokjin cried, clapping his hands together as the two started to kiss each other again. the entire cafeteria seemed to be beginning to notice the scene happening in their midst. “as lovely as you too are together, please save your pda for somewhere private!”

 

“ugh fine,” taehyung huffed as they broke apart and jungkook moved back to his own chair. taehyung caught his hand under the table and laced their fingers together instead and jungkook decided that, yes, he was most definitely gay (especially for taehyung).

 


TWO POSTS IN A DAY? what is h a p p e n i n g. well. as usual this isnt proofread, edited and blah blah. but i hope you guys liked it anyway!!! i liked writing it, it was actually kinda fun omg.

feedback makes me strong~