Naive

Naive

 

Naive

Jeongmin sighed, this was the 10th time he called her for the day, and she hasn’t been answering his calls since yesterday. He put his phone beside his bed and lied down.

Minwoo entered the room and saw Jeongmin’s depressed expression. He knew that something is going on, this isn’t the usual mood-lifter and pranks master Jeongmin he knew.

“Jeongminnie hyung, what’s wrong?” He asked and sat beside Jeongmin.

“Nothing’s wrong.” He replied, he took a deep sigh again and sat down. “Is something wrong with my personality? Am I not good looking? Did I did something wrong?” He asked suddenly, but he wasn’t looking at Minwoo. He was looking down.

“U-umm.. Hyung... are you sure you’re okay? I’m pretty sure nothing’s wrong with your personality and you’re really good-looking. Bora noona even likes your lo—“ Minwoo replied but he was cut off by Jeongmin.

“Then why the hell do I feel that she’s cheating on me?!” He bellowed his voice is heard all over the dorm and that made the other 4 members storming inside the room.

“Omona! What’s wrong Jeongmin?” Donghyun asked and patted his dongsaeng’s back to calm him down.

“What happened here Minwoo?” Hyunseong asked.

“Mollaseo! He asked if something’s wrong with him and then he shouted, ‘Why do I feel like she’s cheating on me?’” Minwoo replied.

“Jeongmin, what’s wrong?” The leader asked his dongsaeng again, now that he is calmer. “Noona... she isn’t answering my calls, or even... talking to me... she is avoiding me! I knew I didn’t do something wrong!” Jeongmin said, clutching the bed sheets.

“Aigoo, Aigoo, let’s go get some food shall we? That may calm you down.” Hyunseong suggested, Youngmin gave him a look and said. “Yah hyung, it only works on you.”

“Oh, yeah right.”

Jeongmin smiled and nodded, “Yes, I think we should, food cures everything.”

“Let’s go to the nearby restaurant.” Kwangmin suggested. “I like their pork cutlet.”

“Omo! I have influenced you.” Hyunseong said and faked his tears. “Oh, Hyunseong hyung is crying again!” Minwoo cheered.

They went out and went to the nearby restaurant Kwangmin suggested. Jeongmin excused himself to the bathroom.

He went out and saw that a girl and a boy were holding hands, on their way to their table.

“Jagiya?” He whispered softly, and unconsciously, he went to the table and the girl’s smile faded.

The boy looked at his back where Jeongmin was standing, gaping at the girl.

“Who is he jagiya?” He asked the girl in beige dress in front of him with a raise brow.

“I don’t know.” She simply replied.

“Jagiya, why aren’t you answering my calls? Are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong? Please Jagi, tell me!” He said, his eyes starting to tear up. He grabbed the girl’s arm and the girl struggled.

“Jeongmin, don’t make a scene here.” The girl whispered at Jeongmin through gritted teeth.

“Dude! What’s wrong with you?!” The boy asked and stood up.

“I’ll take care of this.” The girl said and made the guy sit down; she then pulled Jeongmin out of the restaurant and to the dark alley.

“Jagiya! Tell me who that guy is?! And why aren’t you answering my calls?!” Jeongmin asked, grasping the arms of the girl as he tried to stop his tears from falling.

“Let go of me Jeongmin! I’m getting hurt!” She said and pulled her arm back so that Jeongmin would let go of it, Jeongmin let it go and then the girl spoke.

“Jeongmin, don’t ever bother me again, or my boyfriend. Yes, that guy right there is Boyfriend.” The girl said, expressionless as if she was talking to an emotionless doll.

“Mwoya?! How about us? I thought you were my girlfriend!” Jeongmin said, as he tried to stop the tears that are threatening to fall.

“Jeongmin, look, we’re over, I don’t love you, I never loved you, it’s just a damn dare okay? Tsk, I didn’t expect you to be so naive, you don’t have any challenge.” She said flatly, with those empty and cruel eyes of hers.

“Jagiya... please... don’t... It’s okay, I can still accept you whatever you say... please jagiya... stay with me... I’m your boyfriend right?” He said, though those words pierced through his heart, he still wants her to be with him.

It’s okay to pretend.

It’s okay to pretend as if she never cheated; it’s okay as long as he has her in his arms.

It’s okay to be pretend that she didn’t played on him... it is okay...

“Stop crying Jeongmin, that’s so sissy, you need to tough up.” She said, rolled her eyes and went back to the restaurant.

Jeongmin took a deep breath and the tears that are threatening to fall, fell at once he closed his eyes.

“Jagiya... Why did you do this to me? I loved you very much...”

And Minwoo, noticing that Jeongmin was gone told his hyungs where he went, they went to the comfort room but he wasn’t there.

And then Youngmin saw a glimpse or blondish hair from the dark alley through the restaurant’s window.

“Jeongmin hyung?” He said and all the other members looked at him. “Omo! That indeed is Jeongmin!” Donghyun said and stormed out of the restaurant and to the dark alley.

The rest of the members followed him.

“Jeongmin, get a grip!”  The leader said and held Jeongmin by his arms.

They took Jeongmin home and he slept for the next hours without dinner.

“Tsk, that girl will regret it.” Minwoo said with folded arms, watching Jeongmin sleep from the door.

“Yeah, I have this feeling that Jeongmin will change a lot after all what happened, he won’t be the same Jeongmin we knew anymore.” Donghyun said.

“I don’t want that to happen.” Youngmin said and placed a glass of water and medicine on Jeongmin’s side drawer which is near his bed.

“I like the jolly Jeongmin hyung the best.” Kwangmin added.

“Aish, this is why I don’t want to fall in love; it’s a good thing I don’t know what love is.” Hyunseong said out of nowhere.

“Love hurts, but you know Hyunseong, love is also beautiful if both persons that are in a relationship love each other.” Donghyun said.

“But, there are also times when two people are in love with each other but they are in their denial stage or isn’t ready to admit it yet.” The maknae said and sighed, Hyunseong and Donghyun looked at each other then at Minwoo.

“Have you experienced it already Minwoo?”