OUT IN THE OPEN

YOU+ME=US

            “What are you doing here?” Mark couldn’t believe seeing the man that standing in front of him. The last person he wanted to meet on earth was Hyunwoo.

They were alone at the far corner of the backyard.

            “Your mom called and invited me…”

            “Shouldn’t you do the right thing and decline? We’ve broken up, remember?”

            “Look Mark…I’m so sorry…” Hyunwoo reached for Mark’s hand. “I shouldn’t have done what I did…I’m so sorry…can we just forget the past and start fresh?”

            “What do you take me for Hyunwoo? If I do what you did…would you forgive me and carry on as if nothing happened?”

Hyunwoo stayed silence.

            “You accused me of flirting with other men but you’re the one ing other man behind my back…”

            “I know I was wrong…I will make it up to you…I tried to look for you but you just disappeared…and when your mom called out of the blue inviting me here…it has to be a sign or something…”

            “It’s a definitely a sign…a sign for you to get lost from my life for good! Now, I want you to leave before I personally kick your .”

Jinyoung, Minhyuk, Tammy and Grace kept looking at the two from afar.

            “Is something going on that we didn’t know about?” Grace said with her eyes fixed on Mark.

            “I dunno…I thought everything is good between him and Hyunwoo…”

            “Is that Mark’s boyfriend?” Minhyuk asked.

            “Yeah…they’ve been together for quite some time…” Tammy replied.

            “So that’s the guy huh?”

All eyes are on Jinyoung.

            “What?” Jinyoung said as 3 sets of eyes were on him.

            “You know something that we don’t do you?” Tammy stared at him. 

            “It’s not my place to say anything…” Jinyoung shook his head.

            “Spill it out Jinyoung…” Grace turn to give Jinyoung a deathly stare.

            “Ok…Mark hyung broke up with that guy couple of months ago…”

Tammy and Grace looked at each other.

            “What? But he didn’t tell us anything…” Tammy said and Grace nodded.

            “Mark hyung caught the jerk with another man…”

            “He what?” Grace screeched. Anger quickly filled her.

Mark was about to walked away when Hyunwoo grabbed him by the wrist.

            “Please babe…one more chance…that’s all I’m asking…”

            “Are you stupid or something? Go and find that guy you were screwing behind my back…I bet he was glad now that you could go on with him out in the open…”

            “He’s gone…I realised that I was wrong…it’s you that I truly loves…”

            “Don’t make me laugh Hyunwoo…your acting is not working on me…”

            “Can we just talk about it somewhere else?” Hyunwoo pulled Mark’s arm.

Jinyoung was about to march towards the pair but Minhyuk beat him to it.

            “What’s going on here?” Minhyuk interfered when he saw Hyunwoo is getting rough with Mark.

            “Who the hell are you? It’s between me and Mark…” Hyunwoo glared at the man.

            “Don’t you dare talk to him like that…” Mark hissed. He wished that he could strangle Hyunwoo right now.

            “So, you already found my replacement huh?”

            “What if he did? You gonna do something about it?” Minhyuk glared, getting irritated.

By now, there’s dozens of spectators turning their attention to them. Mark realised that they’re being watched and he quickly pulled Hyunwoo away.

            “I’ll be right back Minhyuk ah…” he said as he dragged Hyunwoo to the front lawn, away from people.

They were alone at the front yard when Mark let go off Hyunwoo’s hands.

            “Just go ok? I don’t want to see you again…please…”

            “But baby…” Hyunwoo pleaded.

            “No! You destroyed my trust Hyunwoo…I don’t think we can be together ever again…”

Mark walked away.

***********************

That night…after the party ended and all the guests were gone...

            “I’m sorry honey…” Mark’s mom hugged him. “I didn’t know…no wonder he was so surprised when I invited him to the party.

            “It’s ok mom…I should’ve told you about him.”

            “He’ll be a dead meat if I saw him again…” Tammy said, clenching her fist.

            “Definitely…” Grace nodded.

            “It’s getting late…I should go…” Minhyuk said, getting up from the couch.

            “I’ll walk you out…”

            “Great seeing everyone again…” Minhyuk hugged everyone in the living room.

Outside…

            “Just move on Mark…that jerk doesn’t deserve you…” Minhyuk said patting Mark’s arm.

            “I already did…I can’t believe I wasted my time on someone like him…”

            “Yeah…we all did that at some point of our life…anyway, good to see you…it makes me think the good old times…”

            “Yeah…me too…” Mark smiled.

            “I’ll call you later ok? Maybe we can hangout…”

            “Sure…”

When Minhyuk left, Mark walked back in. He looked around and couldn’t find Jinyoung.

            “Where’s Jinyoung?” he asked.

            “I saw him at the backyard…” Grace said carrying trash bags to the kitchen. “He insists on helping with the clean-up…”

            “He already becomes number one celebrity on my list…” Tammy smiled.

Mark went to the backyard and saw Jinyoung cleaning the table, putting empty cups and paper plates into a huge black plastic bag.

            “Hey…” Mark said, as his hands collect the remaining trash. “You’re still a guest here, don’t you know that?”

            “Yeah…but…it’s the least I could do…your family has been so nice to me…”

There’s an awkward silence between them.

            “Hyung…” Jinyoung said.

            “What?”

            “Um…I had to them what happened between you and that guy…I know I shouldn’t do it but you have to see how they were glaring at me…especially Grace and Tammy…”

            “It’s ok Jinyoung ah…” Mark put his arm around Jinyoung’s shoulder. “I guess it’s time for them to know…”

            “So, you’re not mad at me?”

            “Mad at you? No way…let’s get clean up and I will take you out for dinner…”

            “Really?”

            “Yeah…there’s this great place I used to go…they serve the best galbitang in town…”

            “It’s almost sound like a date to me…”

            “Why? You wanna go on a date with me?” Mark grinned.

            “If you want to…” Jinyoung stared right at Mark, with a serious expression on his face. “You wanna go out with me? On a real date.”

Silence.

            “Nice one Jinyoung ah…” Mark nudged Jinyoung’s shoulder with a laugh. “I almost thought that you’re serious about it…that look…no wonder they call you the great actor Park…” he chuckled. “We better hurry since the restaurant will be filled with people and we don’t have any seat.” Mark went to the gazebo.

*But I was serious asking you out hyung…* Jinyoung silently said. He realised after seeing Mark today with Minhyuk, he was falling for the older guy…as much as he wanted to deny it, he was falling in love.

 

So, Jinyoung fell for Mark first...what's next? Stay tuned for the update...

I hope this story won't be boring since MarkJin progress kinda slow...I want to build up their relationship step by step...I hope my readers will stay with me to the end...

Please leave a comment down below and tell me what you think...your kind words really are my motivation...

Happy reading people!

BBYONG!!!