Eunhyuk

Desirably Hateful

I was awoken by a groan of the boy beside me, his bare stomach rubbing against my own as he stretched his body out.

"Eunhyuk," he mumbled, his cold hand gripping my shoulder. I squeezed my eyes shut, wishing desperately that I could forget that this all happened. It wasn't a mistake, I knew that because I could basically feel Sungmin's joy radiating through my own body. And that's all I wanted to do, make him happy, but I was still terrified of being vulnerable. Especially to Donghae.

"Hm," I finally mumbled, turning to look at Donghae. I bit my lip to keep from laughing. His brown hair was sticking up in all sorts of places, his beautiful eyes still foggy with sleep and confusion as to last night's events. I didn't understand my own actions either.

"What're we doing today?" he asked, his eyes slipping closed again.

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to visit my sister," I informed him, watching his every movement carefully. Any second he could snap. Any second I could snap. 

"Oh," he said quietly, "Where is she?"

"Staying with her boyfriend. She doesn't want to stay here."

He finally opened his eyes to stare at me through half lidded eyes, a pout forming on his lips. I couldn't help but find him... pretty ing cute. "Well what am I supposed to do today then?"

"You should hang out with Il Hoon," I suggested, running my hand across his smooth, pale cheek.

He frowned, his fingers curling around my wrist, holding my hand there as if he didn't want me to move it. "He doesn't like me."

"He was just threatened by you at first. I'm sure he'll like you. What else would you do today anyways?" Donghae remained silent, staring at me. "Exactly."

"Fine, call him then," he said, sighing. "I have to go get dressed."

Donghae sat up, crawling over me before shuffling towards the door. I grabbed his wrist suddenly, pulling him back. "Just don't develop a little crush on him, okay?" I murmured in his ear before letting him go.

"Hey now," he said, a playful tone in his voice, "You don't own me."

I laughed, slapping his as he walked away, earning a surprised yelp from him. "Whatever you say."

He huffed, a small growl escaping his lips before he stomped out of the room. I sat there for a minute, a dumb smile placed lazily on my lips.

Who the have I become?

Shaking my head, I got out of bed, making sure to call Il Hoon for Donghae's sake. "Hey man, what's up?"

"Nothing, can you do me a favor?" I asked, rummaging through my drawers for something to wear. 

"What kind of favor?" Il Hoon asked, a particular edge in his voice.

"Not that kind of favor. I'm visiting my sister today and I need you to entertain Donghae."

"What," Il Hoon deadpanned, not sounding exactly happy.

I slid on a pair of red boxers and dark blue jeans, rolling my eyes as I held the phone between my ear and my neck. "Come on, please? I really don't need him up my and I think you two would hit it off."

"If you don't get along with him, how do you expect me to?" Why the did everyone have to be so difficult?

"I'm serious. Please? Just for today man," I said, agitated. Why were there no ing clean shirts in my drawer?

"Fine, but you owe me one. I'll be over there in half an hour." 

"Okay, later," I said, hanging up the phone. Now all I need is a shirt. Maybe Donghae has a shirt I can borrow? 

I walked down the hallway to his room, knocking before entering. Donghae was still in his boxers, rummaging through his own suitcase. "Do you have a shirt I can borrow? By the way, Il Hoon's going to be here in half an hour."

"Sure," he responded, tossing me a long sleeve T-shirt that looked like it was from his old high school. I snorted but threw it over my head nonetheless.

"And maybe a beanie? My hair's kind of..." I trailed off. 

"No," Donghae said, giving me an amused look. "You'd look terrible in a beanie."

I frowned. "Fine, you're right. I'll see you later then?"

Donghae nodded before bending back down to continue looking for clothes in his suitcase. 

I my heel, making my way out of his room. I got to the doorway before I stopped, turning back around and approaching Donghae quickly. 

"Yes?" he asked, leaning back up to look at me.

I cupped his cheek, bringing his lips to mine in a quick kiss. "Bye," I whispered, winking confidently, even though I didn't feel so confident doing something like that, before exiting the room, leaving Donghae's eyes bugging out of his head and his jaw dropped to the floor.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Hey bro," my sister said as she opened the door to her boyfriend's apartment, greeting me with a funny look in her eyes. "What's up with the hair?"

"I-um, nothing, okay?" I said defensively, my cheeks heating up. Okay, what the . This being vulnerable .

"Woah, okay then," she said, opening the door a fraction to let me in. "He's not here. He's at work," she informed me. Good, her boyfriend wasn't here. 

"Perfect," I said, flashing her a grin. She rolled her eyes, walking to the small living room and plopping down on the couch. I sat down on the other end, facing her.

"So, you talked to Donghae any since he's been away from you?" she asked. How did I know she was going to ask that?

"Um, actually. He's kind of...maybe... staying at the house?"

"What?" she said, her eyes wide open in shock.

"He went through a rough break up," I said defensively. "That kid of his cheated on him and he couldn't go to his dad's house so he was staying in a sketchy motel."

"And you went to get him, why?" she asked, raising a brow. Oh, don't make me say it out loud.

"You would do it too! I just...maybe felt...a little bit bad. Only a little, I don't know!" I said, biting my lip. "Donghae shouldn't have been that heartbroken anyways. He cheated on Taemin too."

"With who?" she gasped, seeming surprised.

"Me," I said selfishly. So what if I wanted everyone to know that it was me? It was a pride thing, that's all.

"Eunhyuk!" she cried slapping me on the arm.

"Ow, . What the hell was that for?" I shouted, rubbing my arm.

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"It wasn't important," I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

"You are such an ! He's a really nice guy and you're going to ing break his heart."

"I am not," I said, slightly offended. I wasn't sure why, though. That had been my original plan in the first place. "I told him about Sungmin."

She went still, not even breathing. "Are you two going to get married now?"

"What?" I said, frowning at her. "No, what the kind of question is that?"

IU rolled her eyes. "So maybe that's a little dramatic. Are you going to ask him to be your boyfriend?"

"No," I said, my frown deepening.

"Why not?"

"Only weak ers date people," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"No, people who care about each other date. And it's really ing obvious that you care about him."

I wanted to say "I do not," to IU. I wanted to go into this huge rant about how I never cared about anyone except Sungmin and I'd never ing care about Donghae.

But it wasn't the truth.

"I'm still not going to ask him to be my boyfriend."

"But why not?!"

"Because that's just...not for us. He just got out of a break up and that's not my thing. That is pointless anyways. It's just a title," I struggled to answer. I don't know why it seemed so bad, I just didn't want things to be that way. 

A buzz vibrated in my pocket, making me retrieve my phone to see what the message said.

Buy me more cigs on your way home? im out :( 

"Wonder who that is," my sister said, being stupid and annoying.

"Whatever," I muttered. "I have to go soon."

"Your boyfriend requests you?" she asked smugly, smirking as I rose.

"No, your boyfriend is going to be here soon and I have just now decided to take Donghae out."

"Remind me how he's not your boyfriend?"

"Remind me why I even bothered to come over here?" I grumbled, picking up my things and preparing to leave.

"Aw, you know I'm just messing with you, Eunhyuk! Fine, be an . I'll see you later okay?" I nodded, pulling my sister in for a hug.

"Love you," I mumbled robotically, kissing the top of her hair.

"Love you too, ," she said playfully, pushing me out of the apartment.

--------------------------------------------  

"Did you get my message?" Donghae asked as soon as he picked up the phone.

"Yes and I've got them," I reassured him as I drove home.

"Okay, so why'd you call?" he asked, his voice holding curiosity and worry. He didn't need to be worried.

"I'm taking you out tonight."

"U-Uh, what?" he stuttered, sounding surprised.

"Tonight, I'm going to take you out," I repeated, saying it a little slower.

"Like a date? Are you sure you got the right number," he blurted.

A smile rose on my lips. "Yes, Donghae. A date. I'm taking you, Lee Donghae with me on a date tonight," I laughed. "Are you at my house?"

"Not exactly."

I frowned. "Well where are you?"

"The mall," he answered. 

"Why?"

"I don't know that's where Il Hoon wanted to go," he told me.

"Can you be home and ready in an hour?" I asked, seeing as it was five o clock already. Damn, time flies.

"Um, yeah. Hey, I'm going to need a new outfit," he said, his voice sounding distant. I guessed he was talking to Il Hoon.

"You know I'd rather you just not wear anything," I said teasingly, entering my neighborhood. 

"Eunhyuk!" he yelled, obviously embarrassed. 

I laughed, shaking my head at him. "Buy a new outfit if you want but we're leaving in an hour regardless."

"Fine, I'll be home soon," he said, sounding defeated. 

Smiling, I went to end the call. "Bye Donghae," I said darkly, hanging up the phone before he could reply.

Now what was I supposed to do for an hour? I guess I should get ready. I went to step up the stairs, but someone stopped me.

"Where have you been?"

I spun around, staring at my dad. "Oh, you're home. Great."

"Where have you been?" he repeated slowly, his eyes narrowing.

"Visiting IU since she's lucky enough to not have to stay here," I replied, raising an eyebrow at him.

"And where's your friend?"

"Donghae? At the mall with Il Hoon," I told him, leaning against the railing of the stairs.

"Well when is he going to be home? SuJin and I would like to go have dinner with you two tonight."

"No can do, dad. We're going out tonight. Looks like it's just going to be dinner for two. Sorry," I said sarcastically. 

"Eunhyuk, I swear if you're going another party-"

"I'm not. I'm going to the Grapevine," I informed him. I wasn't sure why I even bothered telling him. Maybe because I really didn't want him to ruin my plans for the night. I wanted this date to happen.

"Oh," he said, sounding surprised. "Maybe tomorrow night then."

"Sure," I agreed, rolling my eyes before moving up the stairs.

"Your clothes are in the dryer! You're probably going to need them, yeah?" my dad called after me.

A small smirk curved on my lips. Perfect, now I don't have to worry about washing all of my shirts to wear a decent one tonight.

Considering my hair was a ing mess, I decided to shower and change clothes completely. Maybe tighter jeans and definitely not a shirt from Donghae's high school for this night out.

I slipped on tight, but not ridiculously tight, dark jeans and a red Polo shirt, leaving it untucked. Maybe I looked a bit like a douche, but I still looked pretty ing hot if I do say so myself.  

Ruffling my now dry hair, I looked at myself in the mirror, sending myself a wink. Nervousness wouldn't quit swirling in my stomach though. I don't know why I was so ing nervous. Maybe it was because I wasn't used to being a gentleman and maybe I wasn't used to treating another human respectfully.

I also hadn't been on a date in a really ing long time.

Exiting the room, I bumped into Donghae. "Oh, sorry," I mumbled, distracted by my own thoughts. "Are you ready?"

He held up a shopping back, giving me a quick smile. "I have to change and then I will be."

I just nodded and shoved my hands in my pockets, giving him an awkward stare. He gave me a weird look before walking down the hallway to his room. 

I cursed at myself, running through my hands in my hair. What the is wrong with me? Snap out of it, Eunhyuk. You're ing hot and in control of the situation. 

I'm in control.

"Okay, I'm ready," Donghae told me, appearing in front of my now calm self. I looked him up and down, taking in his ing tight jeans and very fitted white and gray striped V-neck. 

"Who picked out this outfit?" I questioned, ravaging him with my eyes. 

His cheeks turned slightly pink. "Well Il Hoon picked out the shirt but I figured you'd really like the jeans," he told me, his arms slipping around my neck.

"You were definitely right." I leaned forward, pressing my lips to his shortly before pulling away. I was so not used to this kissing and hugging bull. "Let's go?"

"After you, Eunhyuk," he said, chuckling to himself as I led him out to my car. "Must we always take such an expensive car?"

"I've got to show you off somehow don't I?" I countered, raising a brow at him as I pulled out onto the road. 

He bit lip, smiling a small smile. "You're so full of bull, Eunhyuk." 

"I am not," I defended, stopping at a red light. "I don't think I remember ever telling you how incredibly attractive you look tonight."

He rolled his eyes, biting back a grin. "When did you become such a charmer?" I wanted to say something teasing back, but I wasn't sure what to say. Since when had I become such a charmer? Had getting something like that off my chest really helped that much?

I hope that this "happiness" doesn't fade. I like life right now. 

"Oh, sorry," I said in reply to his comment. "I didn't realize you didn't enjoy me complimenting you."

"But I do enjoy it. I enjoy it very much."

----------------------------------------------------

"What's this place? It's cute," Donghae questioned as we pulled up to the restaurant.

"It's called the Grapevine. It's a little hole in the wall place that I used to go to all the time with my mom as a kid." 

Donghae seemed to understand the importance this place had to me as he admired it quietly. "Let's go in."

I got out of the car, quickly striding to the other side to open the door for Donghae. "Look at you being a gentleman," he remarked, smiling shyly at me.

I laughed and wound a hand around his waist, holding him to me tightly. "I have a reservation here for two."

"Under what name?" the hostess asked, looking at her list.

"Lee Eunhyuk."

"Ah, the reserved table in the back," she remarked, grabbing two menus. "Right this way," she said, escorting us to our table.

I sat across from Donghae in the booth, staring at him, probably looking like a ing creep, under the dim lighting of the restaurant. 

"Hi, I'm-"

"Seulgi," I finished for our server, who was indeed my ex that had a knack for stalking the hell out of me.

"Oh, hi Eunhyuk. What can I get for you two?" she asked, giving me a weird look.

"I'll have a sweet tea. What do you want, Donghae?" I asked, turning to look at a very confused Donghae.

"Um, water is fine," he answered, smiling politely.

Before he could ask who Seulgi was, I decided to tell him. I guess he didn't remember her from the party, then. "That's my ex from two or three years back."

"Oh, I didn't know you used to actually date people," he said, a smirk arising on his face.

"I dated a lot of girls actually, all for very short periods of time though. Seulgi and I didn't end so well and everytime I visit she gets a bit...clingy, you could say. I dated one girl after her and then it was guys and random s from there on out."

Donghae flinched slightly. "So you wouldn't ever be in a relationship again?"

"Would you expect me to?" I asked, fiddling with my fingers nervously.

Donghae gave me a long stare, his lips pursed as he contemplated his answer. "I don't know what to expect from you. Ever."

"Is that a bad thing?" I questioned, concerned with what he would say.

"Not always, no," he replied, flashing me a grin. I let out a breath I didn't know I'd been holding in, smiling in relief as I reached across the table to grasp his hand.

Holy . What's happening to me?

I felt relieved, but that conversation was unfinished business and I knew it would come back to bite me in the later.

"Here's y-your drinks," Seulgi said, slamming our drinks down on the table, a weird expression on her face as if she wanted to explode and was holding it in. "What can I get you to eat?"

"Could we have a moment? I haven't even had the chance to look at the menu yet. I've been too busy staring at something else," I said, winking at Donghae.

"Eunhyuk," he whined, looking down at his menu shyly.

"Sure, of course," Seulgi quipped, stalking off quickly.

"You didn't tell me you stuck a stick up her when you broke up," Donghae commented quietly.

I bursted with laughter. She was acting like she did have something up her . "," I cursed, trying to calm my laughter. "I knew there was a reason to keep you around."

"I'm sure there's more than one reason," he said, winking slyly at me. Warmth spread through me, making me feel completely full and happy inside. It was...so ing weird.

"Are you ready to order now?" Seulgi interrupted curtly, staring me down.

"I'd like chicken alfredo," I replied, picking something off the top of my head. I never had a chance to look at the menu.

"I'll have pasta Fagioli," Donghae told her, handing her our menus. 

"It'll be right out," she snapped, snatching the menus as she strutted off.

"Not that I'm not happy about this, but why did you decide to take me out?"

"Think of it as...me thanking you. For being there for me when I needed someone," I said, tracing my finger around the circular top of the cup my drink was in.

"Well you were there for me. Which brings me to also ask you why you came to get me from the motel."

"Do you have to know?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. 

"I don't have to," he replied, nibbling on his bottom lip.

"You'd just really like to know."

"Maybe," he admitted, giving me a small smile.

"I don't know why I did it," I said slowly, my eyes meeting his under the dim lighting. "Maybe a part of me knew all along that there was something special about you. Whether it was a positive or negative thing, I wasn't sure. I'm still not sure. But, I'm incredibly curious about you Lee Donghae. I want to know you."

"I want to know you too," he whispered quietly, his eyes holding an unknown emotion that made me shiver.

"Pasta Fagioli and chicken alfredo. Watch out, the plates are hot," Seulgi said as she sat our food down in front of us. "I haven't talked to you since that party, Eunhyuk. What's been up?"

"It'd probably be better to discuss something like this when I'm not eating dinner served by you," I said, a coldness in my tone of voice as I narrowed my eyes.

"Right," she said slowly, turning to face Donghae. "Hi, I'm Seulgi. Eunhyuk's ex girlfriend." Seriously? There is no necessity in this conversation.

"You already introduced yourself previously," Donghae said, raising an eyebrow at her. "I'm Donghae, Eunhyuk's roomate."

A pang was sent through my chest, although I wasn't sure why. I didn't want Donghae to be my boyfriend so it shouldn't hurt when he doesn't introduce himself as something more than a roomate.

"You two seem very close," she noted, staring at our hands that had yet to be disconnected. 

"We are very close," I said, narrowing my eyes further. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to enjoy my food in peace."

"Sure," she said tightly, giving me a forced smile. "Maybe we can hang out soon, Eunhyuk."

"I don't know if the lame excuses fooled you, but apparently they did because you didn't seem to catch on to the fact that I don't want to hang out with you, Seulgi. Damn," I exclaimed, giving her an incredulous look. 

"Oh. Well excuse me for giving you the benefit of the doubt," she sniffed, turning to walk away.

"Ouch," Donghae mumbled, looking at me.

"So maybe it was a little harsh but damn, I made it pretty obvious didn't I?"

An involuntary laugh rumbled out of Donghae's throat, an awkward smile gracing his face. "Yeah, you made it pretty obvious." 

--------------------------------------------

"We're home."

"Yeah," Donghae said quietly, staring at me.

"What?" I asked, tearing my eyes away from the garage walls to stare him.

"You're not going to give me a goodnight kiss?" he asked, his features quirking up in a somewhat smug expression.

I laughed and rolled my eyes, pulling his face towards mine. "What kind of man would I be if I didn't?" I winked slyly before crashing my lips into his roughly, earning a surprised noise from the boy.

His arms loosely wrapped around my neck, his soft lips moving tenderly against mine. I pulled away, staring in his eyes for a moment before our lips were against each other's again.

Donghae gripped the arm rest, climbing over it to straddle my lap without breaking the kiss. I gently latched my teeth onto his bottom lip, tugging on it.

Donghae smiled, his lip popping out of my grasp. "I love it when your lips are swollen and your cheeks are flushed," I admitted, admiring everything about him.

Donghae leaned his body into mine, one of his hands that was around my neck slipping down to rest on my chest. "Since when did you decide to be so ing perfect?"

My cheeks turned red and I ducked my head into his neck to hide my embarrassment, nipping at his skin.

"Was that a blush I sa-ah," Donghae moaned as I bit at his sensitive neck, distracting him from my ing blush. 

I chuckled and flicked my tongue across the spot I just bit, relieving the small wound. 

My lips travelled further down his throat to his collarbone, my hand sliding down to his chest, gripping the waistband of his jeans. 

Just as my fingers began fiddling with a squirming Donghae's button on his jeans, he opened his mouth. "Wait, Eunhyuk."

"Hm?" I mumbled, bringing my mouth off of his skin to look in his eyes.

"I know this is going to sound stupid as considering what I did for you yesterday and how good tonight was and how great this feels right now, but...I'm still not over Taemin."

Pain hit my chest, causing me to flinch slightly. "Okay," I said slowly, biting my lip. "So what does this mean?"

"Nothing special. I just...feel like...I don't know how to say it, Eunhyuk. I just...want to take things slower. I need time to get over things but I really do like what we have."

"I don't take things slow," I said, frowning.

"Just...slower than usual then?" Donghae struggled, looking at me with wide, hopeful eyes.

And how could I resist that look?

"Fine," I sighed, defeated. "Slower than usual."

"So we should go inside then?" he asked, looking confused.

I chuckled, pecking his lips. "Yes, we should go inside."

Climbing up the stairs was surprisingly quiet, but I didn't have anything to say and neither did Donghae, I assume. But as he walked to his room, I realized I didn't want him out of my sight just yet.

"Donghae," I said quietly, making him turn around. "Stay with me tonight?"

Donghae raised his eyebrows, his conflicting emotions expressing on his face. "We're not going to do anything," I assured him, smiling. "Just stay with me."

"Okay," he said quietly, shuffling after me to my room. I slipped off my jeans and shirt, Donghae doing the same, and grabbed a pair of sweatpants.

"Do you want shorts or something?" I asked, turning to look at him.

He shook his head, getting into my bed. "I usually sleep like this." I nodded, turning out my light before approaching me bed, crawling over him. 

Wrapping my arms around his waist, I pulled his back against my chest, earning a soft gasp from him. "Goodnight, Donghae," I whispered, kissing the nape of his neck quickly.

"Night Eunhyuk," he yawned, snuggling his body against mine as he drifted off to sleep. 

And as I sat there, staring at a mop of dark brown hair of the boy I was supposed to hate, his body curled warmly against mine, contradicting everything I'd ever sworn to myself to not do, I found myself perfectly okay with every single ing bit of it.