Run

Kismet

Do Kyungsoo is elegantly dressed in his black suit, white shirt and black tie. He's at his office too big for a short man like him. But hell he deserves it according to him. Everything in his place is sleek and modern, it has always been in monochromes, bright colors especially neon's were cursed. He's at his laptop indulging his doe eyes with dozens of internet articles about how the CEO of Silver Galaxy Entertainment manages to be on top despite his very young age. He smiles to himself, a mocking one that his rivals hate, a smile that brags about everything his agency achieved due to his aid. However his smile fades when he sees his father through his office glass doors. Mr. Do entered without any hesitation. He truly depicts power, he runs his hand through his dark colored hair showing off the white ones. A frown is etched on his face, the lines in his forehead became more visible.

"Father," Kyungsoo says not showing any emotions.

"You're meeting up with your spouse tomorrow." His father has always been straight forward and cold after his brother's death. Kyungsoo despite his strong facade can't voice out his own stand. He lives in a world where free will is not known. His father wants him to marry his father's bestfriend's son. Yes, a guy who he barely knows.

"Mr. Kim called me. Your wedding with Kai will be sooner than expected. There company has been in a worst state."

That's the reason why he needs to marry this Kai to save their drowning company. Back then, Mr. Kim lends Mr. Do a big amount of money to start his own company. Can't they just lend them money like they did? Unfortunately no, his father and Mr. Kim promised each other that their child will marry each other as they reach the right age to show their unbreakable bond that they both treasure.

"Yes Father," Kyungsoo replies.

"Good." His father says, nonchalance etched in his tone. He already knows that his son would follow him. Kyungsoo wishes to hear his father's tender and loving voice again. But that's next to impossible he knows it himself. If only he could bring his brother back everything will be alright again. He snaps out of his reverie when he hears the glass doors close. He sighs. Now he just needs to face Mr. Kim's son tomorrow - his soon to be partner in life.

"So Kai is his name." He whispers to himself, leaning back on his leather chair.

 

~*~

 

The sound of the roaring engine dies down as he pulls his sports car in the middle of the driveway. Kim Jongin is wearing his white tight jeans, his blue shirt underneath a white polo. He decided to relax at their building's underground garage. He has a lollipop on his mouth, he puts on his blue headphones contrasting his brown locks. He lets himself drown in a loud music. "I will not marry him." Jongin says to no one in particular as he throws the lollipop on the ground. He tries to analyze his earlier conversation with his father, he remembers how angry his dad is when he suddenly bursted out of his father's room. He inwardly groans at the sight of him tieing the knot with a guy who he does not even know the name. His phone vibrates in his pocket. Jongin fishes it out and stare at the caller's ID. "Hello Dad? What's up?" Jongin answers in a teasing tone.

"Kim Jongin, I told you to tell me where you are going!" His dad shouts.

"Calm down father. I'll jump off in a cliff today and to cut the crap I will not marry him. The end." he chuckles provoking his already angered father.

"Your words Kim Jongin! W-" he didn't let his father finish his preach according to him and presses the end call. Jongin calls Sehun, an idol under Silver Galaxy Entertainment. Sehun answers at the second ring.

"Kai?" He can hear the loud obnoxious music from the other line.

"What the heck? I told you not to call me that again!" Jongin protested.

"You sound like a kid whining over a cotton candy," Sehun chuckles. "Why don't you like it? Kai. K-A-I. Your parents gave you that nickname."

"Can you just please shut up? Where are you?"

"The usual." He could hear Chanyeol's deep voice.

"Jonginnie! Yaaaah! Come to hyuuuuuuung." Chanyeol hiccups.

"Party hard people!" Sehun screams at the other line. Jongin ends the call and shakes his head at how careless his friends are.

"Wait for me. I'll join you."

 

XOXO Kisses & Hugs' Bar is at its usual state - loud and hectic. "Jongin! Over here!" Chanyeol shouts over the noise, waving and grinning like an idiot. Jongin staggers off through the wild crowd and go to Chanyeol and Sehun's private booth. Chanyeol immediately wraps his arms around Jongin. "Yaaah. Hik. Jong-hik." Chanyeol giggles, obviously he's under the influence of alcohol.

"Sehun?" Jongin an eyebrow.

The younger rolled his eyes. "You know the usual thing."

"Really hyung? Baekhyun again." Chanyeol releases a bitter laugh at the mention of his bestfriend's name.

Chanyeol pointed a booth eight tables away from them. "See that?" Jongin follows the direction where Chanyeol's index finger is pointed. Chanyeol stands up, trying to compose his balance. It's Baekhyun smiling from ear to ear talking to a black haired girl. Jongin recognizes the girl. It's the girl Baekhyun has been eyeing at - Kim Taeyeon. "We three came here Jongin. H-he said he n-needs the comfort room! But when he bumped on that girl, he dumped us!" Chanyeol says exasperatedly losing his composure. Sehun and Jongin helps Chanyeol stands up. Baekhyun saw Chanyeol on the floor.

"Hyung, calm down. He's not worthy of your love. Please move on!" Sehun says in annoyance. Chanyeol grabs Sehun's collar.

"What did you say?!" Chanyeol threatens. Jongin opens his mouth to speak but when he sees Baekhyun approaching he chooses to be quiet. Sehun pushes Chanyeol down, the latter stumbled on the floor.

"Nobody looooooves Yeollie!" The tall man sings out of tune.

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun says with worried expression on his eyes. "What are you doing?" Baekhyun helps Chanyeol to stand up. Baekhyun lets the tall man sit. Chanyeol holds Baekhyun by the shoulder.

"Baek... I love you." Chanyeol stares directly at Baekhyun's brown orbs with full of emotion. Chanyeol melts on how beautiful the shorter man is. He's like his puppy better than his lost ferret. He loves how Baekhyun smile, his rectangular smile that makes the butterflies in his stomach go wild.

"I love you too Yeol, you're my best buddy." Baekhyun smiles. Both Jongin and Sehun shared a knowing look. Baekhyun sighs. "You're drunk."

"Obviously," Sehun matters earning a whack to his head from Jongin.

Baekhyun convinced Chanyeol to go home. But the latter refused. Chanyeol chooses to sleep, he rests his head on Baekhyun's left shoulder. Please just give me this, let me feel that you're mine, Chanyeol mentally tells Baekhyun as he closes his eyes.

As the time passes by, Chanyeol has been sleeping still on Baekhyun's shoulder but his arms wrapped around the shorter male. Jongin already drunk six glasses of sweet margarita, Sehun chose to stick with his lemonade, he still needs to drop his companions.

"So Jongin, is it still about that marriage thingy?" Baekhyun asks. "I mean that brings you here?"

"Yes," Jongin replies as he takes a sip of his margarita.

"What's his name? How does he look like?" Sehun asks.

"I don't know?"

"Really? You don't know how he looks like or his name?" Baekhyun asks as he caresses Chanyeols back with his left hand.

"Uh, both?"

"Seriously?!" Sehun and Baekhyun both says in unison.

Jongin raises both of his hands. "Whoah! Chill dude. Is it a crime now? Yes I don't know even his name. Okay? Let’s just drop the subject and enjoy the night."

Sehun being the youngest immitates Jongin's tone while making face.

"Wait, reporters might catch you here Sehun." Baekhyun warns.

"The media knows that our group will be attending a conference tomorrow at 8:00 AM. You know the reporters hyung, they are too eager. They must be now waiting at the hotel we will be staying at. Besides I missed hanging out with you." Sehun says grinning.

"Gross." Jongin's mean attitude takes over again. Baekhyun laughs at Jongin's reply.

"Wait." Sehun says tapping his fingers on the table. "Baekhyun hyung do you remember something?"

Baekhyun hums in response. "I think I knew it." Baekhyun grinned mischievously.

Jongin seems to get what they are refering to. He groans. "Don't tell me it's still about that damn bet that I, Kim Jongin just lost a bet for the first time in my entire years of existence."

"Wow, you remembered." Sehun tries to stifle a giggle to avoid provoking an already irritated Kai.

"And I have to do anything you ask me to do because I let you do freakin' outrageous and crazy things. The end." Jongin rolls his eyes.

"I'd like to give you a medal for your great memory." Baekhyun dramatically claps his hands, making Chanyeol snuggle closer to him.

"It's the perfect time to lay your dare Kai!" Sehun says in glee.

Jongin yawns. "Go on, lay it on me. Wait, what did you just called me?!" Jongin glares at Sehun.

"Ooops, sorry." Sehun chuckles.

Sehun takes a sip of his lemonade. "What do you think Baekhyun hyung?"

"Let me think." Jongin rolls his eyes at sight of the two acting like certain genius solving a mathematical equation. Jongin is half expecting that this two would suggest something that would surely put him behind the bars. Sehun clears his throat. Jongin mentally prepares himself. Baekhyun pulls out a piece of tissue paper and a ballpen. Baekhyun scribbles something. Sehun leaned closer to his hyung. Baekhyun whispers something, and Sehun would just laugh and nod in response. Oh no. This will not be good, Jongin thinks.

 

~*~

 

Kyungsoo has been calling his assistant for the nth time. He needs to know where the freakin' Byun Baekhyun put his important documents. Someone will get fired today if he will not pick up his damn phone.

"Hello Boss?" Baekhyun answers on the other line. Kyungsoo can hear noises and the loud music. Baekhyun is surprised that his boss is calling him and Kyungsoo can sense it. Idiot, you work for me stupid, Kyungsoo mentally curses his assistant.

"Where did you put the financial reports?" Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows. Baekhyun should be running away now. But he's used to Kyungsoo's dictatorial tone and usual grumpy Soo aside from that they are long time friends.

"It's with me. I'll just give it to you first thing in the morning tomorrow."

"No." Kyungsoo says, voice firm and stern. "Where are you? I'll get it."

"Seriously Kyungsoo? I mean Boss."

"Just give me the damn address!"

"Okay Boss!" After Kyungsoo scribbled down Baekhyun's location he went out of the company's building. He gets inside his black car and drives to Baekhyun's location. It takes just more than 15 minutes to where his damn assistant is. Blue LCD lights formed into big letters welcomed the short man's doe eyes, "XOXO Kisses & Hugs' Bar huh." He devilishly smiles. He entered the bar although his working clothes seem to be inappropriate for a person who’s going to attend a party. His phone suddenly rings. He answers the call.

"Boss! One last request!" Kyungsoo hears Baekhyun fakes a gasp. "Buy me nachos please! They're not selling it here! Thanks Boss! Bye!"

"What the--" Baekhyun hung up. "Nachos?" Kyungsoo scoffs. Kyungsoo's feet drag him on a nearby stall. "I'll kill you Byun Baekhyun."

"What's your order sir?" The boy in his red uniform asks.

"Nachos." Kyungsoo scoffs again. After he got his assistant's order he drags himself at the dimly lit front door of the bar. Why does the boss run errands for his assistant? Kyungsoo silently curses Byun Baekhyun. Why does he feel odd? He shrugs it off. He's damn hungry so he partially ate some nachos. What? He can't resist it and he bought it with his own money. He enters the bar with a nacho in his hand. Kyungsoo was about to dip the nachos in the mustard when someone dragged him pushing him against a wall. Kyungsoo's orbs widened. A guy with a tanned complexion and brown locks with that sharp jaw line faces Kyungsoo.

“What clearly is your problem?” Kyungsoo hissed through gritted teeth, adrenaline failed to rush at his veins. Is it because of the man's intense gaze at him? His knees felt weak and he can't fight, he's small and this stranger is taller than him.

“You.” The stranger says, Kyungsoo smells the intoxicating yet sweet breath of the stranger. Kyungsoo opens his mouth to retort mean comments and throw death threats but gets cuts off when the boy places his forefinger on Kyungsoo's lips.

“Hush don’t talk.” Jongin says softly. “Nachos.” Jongin looks at the nachos Kyungsoo is holding, then Jongin looks up on Kyungsoo, eyes dark. The said male went closer, too close. Jongin takes hold of the nachos that Kyungsoo was supposed to dip in mustard when he dragged him in. Jongin Kyungsoo's face with the back of his knuckles, his touch sending shivers. “I’ll think we’ll have fun with these.” He says darkly eating the nachos. He takes another one then eats it. He takes another one dipping it onto the mustard. Kyungsoo was surprised when he put it on his neck. Yes, Kyungsoo's neck. Jongin notices the shorter male's milky skin. Jongin spreads the mustard using the nachos. He bends and very slowly the mustard on Kyungsoo's neck. They probably look like a couple making out beside the door's entrance. But it's a bar, no one will eye you it's a normal scene, every people inside has their own worlds. The shorter male froze, his body paralyzed and he's still holding the box of nachos in his right hand. Then Jongin eats the nachos.

“No.” Kyungsoo gasps. He places his forefinger on Kyungsoo's lips. He can taste the mustard and the nachos. Jongin looks at Kyungsoo's left hand.

“Crumbs.” Jongin says. He holds Kyungsoo's hand, and then slowly each finger. Kyungsoo can’t really move. He stops. Jongin went closer then bites Kyungsoo's earlobe.

“Ah.” Kyungsoo cries out. Jongin takes another nacho, dipped in onto the mustard then spreads it on Kyungsoo's neck again. This time he is not just . Jongin’s it now, leaving hickeys on the pale skin of Kyungsoo.

When Jongin’s satisfied, he grabbed the box of nachos from the latter then throws them away.  “Who knew eating nachos would be this fun.” Jongin smirks. Kyungsoo opens his mouth to speak but before Kyungsoo knows it Jongin got both of his hands in a strong grip. Then Jongin pinned Kyungsoo to the wall using his lips. Jongin brings up his hand to the latter's face, holding Kyungsoo in place.

Jongin breaks the kiss "Nice meeting you baby," Jongin smirks, leaving a paralyzed Kyungsoo.

 

~*~

 

Kyungsoo opens the gates himself since he doesn't like having workers in his house. His house is not as grand as his mansion on the other side of city. It's big enough for him, two floors, walls in monchromes, minimalistic furnitures. He gets inside his sanctuary after parking his car. He had successfully washed the mustard and that man's sordid saliva on his neck at a nearby restaurant's washroom. He shivers. He locked the the door and went straight upstairs. The CEO slumps himself down on his king sized bed kicking his shoes and removing his suit. Too tired to change clothes, he loosened his tie then he ed the first two buttons. He buries his head on his pillow then he screams as he remembers that random stranger who did gross (according to Kyungsoo) things to him. I swear I'll beat the living daylights of that Byun! He mentally curses before engaging in a deep sleep. Being Kyungsoo himself when taken over by anger either forgets to lock the gates or keeps the window open without realizing the consequences.

 

Jongin runs, his heart thumping. He turns to a dimly lit alley. He's sure his father's men already lost track of him. He chuckles remembering his phone conversation with his father.

"I'm not marrying him Dad."

"Kim Jongin whether you like it or not you'll marry K--"

"Bye Dad! I'm not going home til you cancel that damn thing, in short I'm not showing up."

"I could always track you down my son."

His father is right he knows his son well. He sends his men to make sure that Jongin will be able to attend their meet-up tomorrow with Mr. Kim and his son. But Jongin is cunningly smart.

"Fools." Jongin whispers.

He hears one of his father's guards, "Let’s go now! He might went to that street. Quick! Before he escapes again," the man in black suits says pointing the opposite direction where Jongin is. When they are nowhere to be seen, Jongin lets out a breath he has been holding. He made a big decision, but he does not regret a single thing. He's dog tired. He just wanna sleep. The said man spotted a house. He thinks for a while.

"Sir, I'll go search in this way!" . I thought they already left. Jongin groans inwardly, and without any hesitations enters the house locking the gates. He tiptoed his way to the door and finds it locked. "Damn." But it seems like the odds are in his favor. Jongin spots a window open. He chuckles and climbs up, trespassing upon other's property.

"Wow." He says admiring the the house. "Someone who lives here is surely richer than Croesus. Maybe he does mind if I crash in?" He grins. He made his way upstairs. He's 100% sure that the master's bedroom is always upstairs. Facing a door he grabs the knob and slowly twist it until the room is in his view. He stepped inside a found a male sleeping. Wait. Is that? He chuckles softly. Jongin's courage fuelled by the alcohol, he joins the shorter male in his bed, taking off his polo and shirt then snuggles closer to the sleeping male. "We meet again baby," he says then dozes off to sleep.

 

Kyungsoo's room is quiet, lights muted. Kyungsoo feels comfortable and warm in his bed. He chose not to open his eyes enjoying the serene and tranquil surroundings. He wants to get more sleep so he hugs his pillow, the pillow snuggles closer. His pillow is kinda strange, he caresses his pillow earning a hug from it. What's with the texture? It's not soft. It feels warm and odd. The pillow murmurs something but he shrugs it off instead he chose to hug his pillow tightly and he felt a warm breath on his neck. Shrugging it off again he wraps his legs around his pillow and let the cozy feeling that his pillow is giving consumes him. Wait, since when pillows learn to move? Kyungsoo mentally asks.

One.

Two.

Three.

"Aaaaaaaaaah!" Kyungsoo screams loudly, kicking a half man on his bed. The latter falling on his first on the floor. "Ouch." Jongin says startled by the other male's assault.

"You! What are you doing inside my house!?" Kyungsoo says, pointing the stranger. Wait. He's the man from the bar! Kyungsoo recognizes him.

"Uh?" Jongin scratches his nape. "Good morning?" Jongin smiles.

 

 

 

-a/n-

/bangs my head to the wall/ KKKZ~