Woohyun's Daughter

Woohyun's Daughter - Woohyun

The chime of the alarm sounded from the bedside. a soft moan came from one of the two bodies that occupied the queen sized bed, one body rolled over and turned off the chime before pulling the chain of the bed side lamp. Warm, soft light poured into the darkened room, sitting up slightly, his hand pressed into the mattress while turning over to the other person snuggled in the blankets. Lifting his hand he brushed the backs of his fingers over the pale skin of the figure beside him.

“Jagiya” He whispered trying to see if you will stir, dragging his fingers across your skin, he felt some heat rise from the pale skin.

A soft moan came from your lips as your eyes opened for a split second before closing once more, the cool fingers of your husband felt good against your skin as you felt the bed shift slightly.

“How are you feeling? Better than yesterday?“ Woohyun cooed gently as the soft light lit up your sickly figure. A slight shaking of your head told all as Woohyun got up and shuffled to the kitchen, filling a glass with water then shaking some medicine into the palm of his hand, he headed back to the bedroom slowly.

Padding over to your side of the bed, he gently sat on the side of the bed as he watched your head roll from one side to the other, beads of sweat began to grow on your forehead.

“Take these, they will help you feel better and let you sleep” He whispered as you opened your mouth, slipping the blue pills between your lips, he handed you the water as he guided the straw to your lips. Watching you drink it slowly, you swallowed the pills before you broke for a little air.

Setting the glass on the side table with a soft tap, he stood up from the bed and began to walk to the bathroom to get ready for the day ahead. 

“Woo” You softly called to him as you opened your eyes, watching his hand flip on the bathroom lights while his figure turned around to look at you. “Can you take Addie to work today? I think she is getting tired of watching movies all day”

“Of course, jagiya” He nodded with a little smile growing on his lips. “I’ll take her for the day and I will have my mom come over and take care of you for me, does that sound good?”

A soft hum came from your lips while the lids of your eyes slowly closed over your exhausted eyes. Woohyun pulled his phone out and asked his mom if she wouldn’t mind taking care of you for the day. With his mom agreeing to helping you, Woohyun slipped into the shower and washed up quickly before drying off and slipping on some black jeans. Pulling the plaid shirt over his shoulders, he finished his morning routine then came over to your side and leaned over. Pressing his lips against your forehead, he brushed your hair away from your eyes then pulled the covers up under your chin.

“Rest well love, text if you need anything” He whispered, pulling your phone over closer to you. Creaking hinges caught his attention as the bedroom door opened, small feet hit the ground as the messy top knot of your daughter bounced through the door as Woohyun turned and began to walk around the bed.

“Morning Daddy!” Your daughter, Addie wrapped her arms around one of his legs tightly.

“Morning Addie” He whispered while leaning down and scooping her up off of his legs and bringing her against his chest. “Do you want to come with Daddy to work today?”

“I would love to” Her bright eyes widened in happiness, her head bounced up and down excitedly just before it slowed down and turned towards you still laying in bed. “What about mommy?”

“She is going to spend the day with Gammy Nam” Woohyun whispered

“Grammy Nam is the best!” She smiled brightly, a soft laugh escaped from his lips.

“Shall we go get you dressed for your schedule today?” Woohyun smiled at his daughter before he headed out of the bedroom, slowly closing the door behind him. Shuffling to Addie’s room, he pushed the door open as the sunlight started to peek over the horizon. 

“Daddy can you choose my outfit today? I want to look cute for Uncle Sungyeol” Addie asked while Woohyun placed her on the carpet.

“Uncle Sungyeol?” Woohyun questioned his daughter while he looked through her clothes in her closet.

“Yes Daddy, don’t you remember when he brought me a rose after practice?” Addie questioned, going over to her baby doll and waking it up as she fed it a bottle.

“Oh yes” Woohyun smiled  peering over his shoulder at his daughter, “I remember” He chuckled remembering that it was mother’s day and his daughter was sad she didn’t get anything since her Mom got a big bouquet of roses, so Sungyeol gave her a flower to make her feel better.

Pulling some stone washed shorts for her, a cute white t shirt that had a cute cupcake on it along with some sneakers so she could run around in, he turned around and helped her get changed from her nightgown to her day clothes.

Once she was all dressed and her hair in a fresh top knot, they gathered everything that they might need for the day, eating a healthy breakfast, then heading out the door just in time to see Woohyun’s mom walking up the driveway. Exchanging a kiss and a hug, she headed inside while Woohyun and Addie headed to his white car.

Sitting in a cool car seat, Addie slightly shivered while Woohyun placed the bags in the seat next to her. Slipping into the driver seat, he peered up to the rear view mirror to see her drawing little figures on the window due to the chilling temperatures outside. Adjusting the heat in the car, he put the car into gear before driving off to work, finding a radio station with some catchy songs, he watched his daughter singing and dancing a little in the back seat.

“Where did you learn those moves?” He questions with a proud smile. “Uncle Hoya?”

“Nope.. Uncle Yeollie” Addie sang back as Woohyun just shook his head

“Yah you can’t have an uncle as your boyfriend“ Woohyun chuckled

“Of course I can, he isn’t my real uncle” She reasoned with him as he hissed playfully before pulling into the parking lot of Woollim Ent.

Camera’s were already present as he looked over his shoulder at Addie, noticing a completely different side of Addie than the bubbly, independent little girl he knew, he turned the car off before he slipped out of the drivers seat and went to her door and opened it up, unbuckling her from the car seat, he brought her against his shoulder while his other hand gathered the backpack and duffel bag from the car. 

Pulling the backpack over his free shoulder then the duffel on top of the backpack straps, he closed the car door with his hip and armed the car with a honk. The camera’s flashed as Addie held onto him tightly, burring her head into his neck while he rubbed her back with his other hand. Curling up against him, Woohyun knew that she didn’t like camera’s since she wasn’t exposed to them very much. 

Kissing her head, he whispered into her hair that they were just about there as the camera’s flashed endlessly. Pulling the glass door open, he walked through as he waved to the receptionist before walking back to the practice room.

“They are all gone Addie” Woohyun whispered once he rounded the corner, feeling her relax in his arms she rested her head on his shoulder as they loaded into the elevator.

“I don’t like the camera’s they get too close” She whispers as Woohyun rocks her gently

“I know, but Daddy will always protect you from them” Woohyun reassured her before they arrived on the correct floor.

“Do you protect Mommy too?” Addie whispered, lifting her head a little from his shoulder.

“I protect everyone in our family” Woohyun smiles as he opened the door to the practice room. “Morning guys”

“Morning Woohyun” Sunggyu called from peeling off his jacket, kneeling down, Woohyun set Addie on the floor as he placed the two other bags on the wood floor as well.

“Hi Addie!” Dongwoo waved excitedly at her, Addie waved back modestly as Woohyun looked at her knowing she gets really shy sometimes. Leaning over and kissing her cheek, he pulled out some toys for her to play with before he sat on the hardwood floor. Addie sat on his lap and pulled over her coloring book as she flipped to a new page and began to draw.

“What has the manager lined up for us today?” Woohyun asked leaning up against the wall while his hand wrapped around the stomach of Addie.

“Just recording mostly, we do have a meeting for the new concept too” Sungjong informed as Woohyun nodded. Dongwoo trotted over and sat next to Woohyun and Addie.

“What are you coloring Addie?” Dongwoo questioned looking down at the page she was working on.

“A princess and a prince” Addie pointed to each figure

“Can I color the prince, since you are coloring the princess?” Dongwoo questioned looking over the box of crayon’s for the perfect shade for the princes’ jacket.

“This is her to color Dongwoo” Woohyun reminded as the manager came into the room.

“I will just color the princes’ coat then: Dongwoo whispers as he starts coloring.

“Alright, we have a meeting in a few minutes then we will go record for the rest of the day.” The manager clapped his hands together before everyone started to stand up  Woohyun moved Addie off of his lap as he stood up and closed up her crayons.

“I’m not finished, Daddy” Addie looked up at him with her big brown eyes.

“Yeah Daddy we aren’t done yet!” Dongwoo looked up at Woohyun with the same eyes.

“Wow, you have to teach me your secret, I can’t get Dongwoo to do anything” Hoya smiled and patted Woohyun’s shoulder as he flashed his killer smile.

“We are going to color on a table instead of the floor” Woohyun explained, nodding her head, she closed her book and tucked it under her arm as she handed Woohyun the crayon’s to hold before she slipped her hand around two of his fingers.

“Can we color in the meeting?” Dongwoo questioned jumping to his feet. as Sungyeol linked arms with Dongwoo.

“Yeah! Can we, can we?” Sungyeol cooed as they followed Sunggyu with a smile.

“Myungsoo you can color too!” Sungyeol invited as Myungsoo ran after Sunggyu as they begged for him to allow them to color.

“Your members are silly Daddy” Addie smiled as he nodded and looked down at her.

“They are” He smiled, slowly walking so she could keep up with him. Walking down the hall they rounded a few corners before making it to the conference room.

Infinite’s members filed into the room, taking up one black leather seat each, bowing to all of the dignitaries first then taking their seat. Addie followed Woohyun around like a little duckling following its mother. Sitting in his seat, Woohyun lifted Addie up onto his lap as she placed her coloring book on the table, coloring the page she started before the meeting commenced.

Coloring a few pages, Addie leaned back and curled up in Woohyun’s lap, resting her head on his chest, she closed her eyes and started to fall asleep on him. Watching over his little girl, he brushed some hair out of her eyes as he placed a kiss on her head. Carefully wrapping his jacket around her, she shifted against him as he watched her sleep.

Hours ticked by as Addie stayed asleep against him. Once the meeting was over, he carefully stood up and headed to the sound booth. Walking slowly, he made sure not to wake her before placing her on a black leather couch. Kissing her cheek gently he walked into the sound booth and placed the headphones over his ears. Hearing the song start up, he warmed up his voice for a few minutes by singing, once his voice is warmed up, he began to sing, hitting his notes flawlessly while adding emotion through every measure.

A few songs later, Addie sat up and yawned while she rubbed her eyes gently.

“Daddy?” She questioned, looking around she saw him in the booth. Slipping off of the couch she trotted over to the sound booth as she knocked on the door.

“Knock Knock” She said loudly as the workers hissed seeing that she messed up the recording.

Queuing Woohyun that his daughter was outside, he slipped the headphones from his ears as he opened the door.

“Hey princess, did you sleep well?” He questioned, kneeling down to her level, wrapping her arms around him she hugged him tightly.

“Woohyun let’s get back to singing” The workers said as he nodded his head to their request.

“Addie, you can stay in here and be quiet or you can go sit out there” Woohyun gave her the option as she just hugged him. “Okay, you just have to be really quiet”

Pulling the headphones over his ears, he looked at the workers as they shook their heads as the music played over the speakers in the sound booth. Starting to sing, he rocked her from side to side as she closed her eyes loving her father’s voice the most. Listening to the tone change in the song, she started to sing a child song that she heard on the radio as Woohyun played along and started to sing with her, creating a duet with his little girl he twirled her around the sound booth he got her to smile and laugh.

The members of Infinite filed in as they watched Woohyun and Addie play and sing with each other. Once their fun was over, Woohyun kissed Addie’s cheek as they came out of the sound booth and the rest of infinite started clapping.

“Wow you are such a great singer Addie!” Sunggyu smiled happily as they all clapped loudly

“Addie! You could be our best girl singer we have ever heard!” Sungjong blew a kiss to her

“You are amazing Addie!” Sungyeol smiled as he jumped around in excitement

Addie blushed and tried to hide her face in her father’s strong shoulder.

“What do we do when someone compliments us?” Woohyun questioned gently trying to get her to say thank you. Instead of saying thank you, she brought her head out of his shoulder and made a heart with her tiny hands and threw the heart towards the six members.

“That’s Woohyun’s daughter all right”