Three

K-Vlogs: My Life as a KPOP Idol

Heavy breathing could be heard around the room.

The members of Diason were taking a much needed rest after hours of excruciating paractice in preparation for their debut. With sweat drenched shirts and near throbbing legs, they collapsed on the wooden dance practice room, strown everywhere from the mirrors to the walls once the dance instructor left the room.

Taeri was sprawled out on the floor smack right in the middle of the room, her hair pooled into a brown blob on the wooden floor and her t-shirt stuck to her stomach. Up and down, her chest heaved and clear brown eyes stared straight into the ceiling. Her bright vision of LED lightbulbs was covered when a towel was thrown on her face.

"What the heck Derek?" She slowly sat up from her spot, making struggled groans in the process, and in all honesty the poor girl looked like a dying walrus trying to pull itself up to shore.

Her best friend chuckled at her. "Well you better mop up your sweat from the floor before someone slips on it. Or get a caution sign over this puddle at least." Derek chuckled at his own joke before sitting down with her.

"Excuse me," she scoffed and lightly hit him with her towel, "girls don't sweat. We glow." She tried making a cute pose framing her face with her free hand.

"Oh yeah?" The group leader Hunter piped up from the other side of the room. "Well Nara's glowing all over me." He gestured to the pile of hair formed from a messy bun laying on his shoulders while Nara fanned herself with his cap, not even having enough energy to come back with a witty insult like she usually does.

Joonhyuk took a big gulp from his water bottle and heaved a trailed sigh. Everybody turned their attention towards him.

"What?" He blinked.

Joonhyuk wasn't always a person who's big on talking, he's the type of person who would gather behind a group and mind his own business. But when he does speak, little sounds results in big reactions.

Taeri could finally feel her body cooling down from their dance practice while wiping away the perspiration on her forehead, the AC humming its silent blessings. But she could also feel something else within her body. The girl put her hand on her stomach to cover the low grumbling that resembled the songs of a pod of narwhals.

"TAE. RI. NEEDS. FOOD!"

It was was pretty late at night- well,  technically two in the morning.

There was barely anyone on the streets and most restuarants were already closed. The group decided to stop by an all day convience store to buy instant ramen, the holy grail of trainee foods.

The boys ran up and down aisles to find snacks such as chips and cookies to stock their pantry while the girls stayed in the instant ramen aisle deciding what flavors to choose. There were dozens to choose from, from beef bulgogi to tom yum shrimp.

"So, how are you guys doing?" Nara asked Taeri as she searched for an appetizing flavor.

"Ok I guess. We've been texting but I don't think I have a chance... I think he likes Soram." Taeri bit her lips at the thought, that he likes another girl while she's always been there for him through thick and thin as trainees. But she could get why he would like her though. Park Soram was pretty beyond all means, so kind to all and a great singer- one of the best trainees really. Everytime, she would see him in the halls talking to Soram with what she perceived to be one of the most love-sick looks in his eyes. And boy was that a stab in the very jealous heart.

"Really? Park Soram, Jimin's cousin? I don't think so." Nara shrugged her shoulders. The elder is almost always dead on with body language, reading boys is like reading a Dr. Seuss book- it's simply too easy.

Taeri trusted Nara whole-heartedly and hoped it was true.

They all met at the cashier's stand. Each group looked at each other's findings. The boys each had arms worth of unhealthy chips, cookies, and various snacks while the girls -ahem, Taeri was balancing stacks of packets, bowls, and cups of noodles in between her arms and chin. Nara simply held a wallet in her hand and looked at the boy's pile disgustingly.

Scoffing as the tired cashier scanned their items, Nara simply stated "We're buying fruits tomorrow."

"Hey, what about you guys! Did you get one of eveything or something?" Derek sounded out in defense.

"Actually we got two of everything." Nara payed the cashier and led the group out and back into the cold air. "And it was Taeri's idea, appearently we need to stock up since ants got in the cabinets." Nara shot a glare at Joonhyuk just as he opened a bag of his favorite gummy worms. "Because someone left their bag of gummy worms in there for days."

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Joonhyuk mumbled a soft 'sorry' and gingerly held his bag out as as peace offering to the slightly passive aggressive mother of the group.

The boys carried the plastic bags out of the store while the girls trailed a few paces behind, making sure that they're far enough out of sound's reach.

"Ok, look at this." Taeri whispered to Nara as she showed her the bright screen on her phone, revealing a text message.

 

Hey, how was practice? Just finished filming

and finally heading home right now. Aigoo so tired

(" -A-)zzz

 

Nara then look down from Jungkook's text and onto Taeri's reply.

Ugh, I don't even want to talk about

how many times we have to go full out

on the choreography. I'm so sore :(

Aw, at least you can take a break this weekend.

Hey, I don't have a schedule tomorrow, would

you want to maybe hangout or something?

 

The older girl took a moment to collect her thoughts. "Ok, and...?" Taeri was like the younger sister that she never had. Much like a lost puppy, Taeri always look towards Nara for every single boy related problems. Recently, it was more of a Taeri-is-heads-over-heels-for-Jungkook type of problem.

"What do I say? How do I reply? I want to say yes but how do I not make it sound like I'm too eager and-" Nara held Taeri's lips together with her fingers to keep the younger from continuing without an end.

"What you do is accept, reply, and emoji. Here." Nara waved her hand so Taeri would hand her phone over.

Nara typed out a response handed the phone back to Taeri. Shoving her hands back in her pocket, Nara walked in confidence as she looked at Taeri's horrified face.

 

Sure thing, how about we have brunch at

the new cafe near Pyung Dong Park?

It's a date then ;)