One

K-Vlogs: My Life as a KPOP Idol

"Well are you sure about it? It's a pretty big risk we're taking."

"She's been our concept consultant for two year and BTS' popularity sky rocketed. I have full faith this is a good idea."

"I agree, she will be this company's wildcard. Fans will find her relatable and different and honestly, she will appeal to the western demographics. What's the worst that can happen?"

"A scandal erupt because of her big mouth, this company looses our stock and goes into debt. That is what could happen! I am telling you, Terry is unstable. We have to closely manage her... Like we should have done with Dahee. We just can't have it."

...

"Um... Hi, I'm still in the room you know?"

All heads turned to the petite girl at the end of the conference table.

The majority of BigHit entertainment's executive board were discussing Terry's idea of how to gain more fans... A personal YouTube channel where she can interact with future fans.

It would be completely managed by her, and the company would have no control or say of the video contents either. She would post whatever she pleases, and if there are negative responses then she would accept the consequences. No strings attached to the company.

The young trainee's plans have hardly every failed before. She has the mind of a netizen, thus she knows how the public would react to certain situations and scandals. The majority of BTS' comeback concepts, fan services, and visual stylings, all thanks to her contributions and the containment of GLAM's Dahee's blackmail scandal was also kept under wraps by her advisement.

And now discussing the terms for Terry's activities after her debut, the majority of the board viewed that a personal channel would be a great way to connect with audiences in the broader western media.

"Miss Choi," the head of the board cleared his throat, "we agree to let you have full access and control of this channel but-" He paused for a quick moment, looking for confirmation around the room. "If any scandal were to errupt from your video's... contents, we should shut it down immediately. Understand?"

Terry held her hand out as if to shake hands after a deal.

"Agreed."

They both shook hands and Terry packed up her belongings.

"Oh and one more thing Miss Choi!"

An assistant slid a laptop towards Terry. On it was a Terry's debut document.

"Following the dates to a debut, Mr.Kim would like for you to change your stage name."

Terry blinked in confusion.

"Why? Is there something wrong with my name?" She questioned with a hint of insult dripping through her voice.

The executive widened his eyes and not so subtly adjusted his toupee.

"Oh- I'm- well I mean your name. It's not as easy to roll off a native Korean speaker's tongue. It's sounds too American and isn't that a boy's name?" He chuckled awkward as if trying to prove a point.

"How about you opt for something similar to your name like...Taeri, it sounds pretty don't you think? Like the name of the perfect Korean girl."

Terry rolled her eyes at the comment.

Aren't there enough perfect Korean girls in Kpop right now?

But the name did intrigue her. Besides, Korean hosts would pronounce her name like anyways so might as well make it official.

She waved her hands over the laptop's keyboard and deleted her name letter by letter.

The girl sighed as she look at the blinking insertion cursor at the end of her new name.

It was like starting a new life.

Before she could even glance at the rest of her debut information, the assistant took the laptop and saved the information, bowed and walked out of the room.

When the last echo resonated through the room from the shut wooden doors, Terry Taeri opened .

"So, everything is settled? My group, how many girls would be in it?" She asked as she leaned back in her chair.

The older executives chuckled and Mr. Kim spoke up.

"Well about that..."

 


Author's note:

Woohoo!! First chapter is up, well it's a little short to be an official chapter so it's more of like a prologue. I know, I know, this chapter is pretty boring but I promise there's going to be so much drama and plotlines as it progresses. Am I saying too much for just the first chapter? Maybe. Oh well, second chapter is coming up soon so 'til then~