Final

What Some Information Is Worth

 

“You better leave this area alone,” the big man opposite of them said and Jonghyun glared at him, his sword still raised so he could attack of defend any moment.

“Why should we?” he questioned suspiciously. “We are a lot more than you, we outnumber you by far.” He was referring to the men behind him, all of them holding their weapons.

He didn’t understand why their enemy was still smirking like this. There was definitely something fishy about this situation but he couldn’t figure out what it was.

The man and his subordinates laughed loudly before their leader turned around and nodded his head at one of his men.

And uneasy feeling settled in Jonghyun’s stomach. Had they a secret weapon? Did they call for backup? Did they have cannons among them? What was going on?

His questions were answered soon as a person was thrown in front of the leader’s feet, their hands tied behind their back.

At first Jonghyun didn’t know if this was actually their trump card because this guy seemed like every other soldier and they wouldn’t give up such a big area just because of one mere hostage. It might sound cruel but one life meant nothing in comparison to taking over part of the country and chasing away the tyrants. The blond hair of the hostage was rather uncommon of course but that didn’t have to mean anything.

But still, their enemy should know this. Why was their leader still smirking like a maniac?

Jonghyun’s gaze hardened and the grip on his sword handle tightened.

“My, my, you don’t even recognize him anymore,” the leader of the tyrants laughed together with his subordinates.

“Did you hear that?” he asked and crouched down next to the male on the ground who hadn’t moved an inch since he had been thrown there.

“Maybe they do not even want you back… hm ..…that would be such a tragedy, wouldn’t it?” he questioned mockingly.

Jonghyun’s men whispered quietly, trying to figure out who this person could be. It must be someone important. Otherwise their enemy wouldn’t talk so big but who could it be?

The tyrants’ leader grabbed a handful of their hostage’s hair and pulled the male up into a kneeling position so the opponents could see his face.

Jonghyun’s men started shouting immediately, not far from tackling their enemy as they recognized who it was.

“What have you done to Kibum?!” someone yelled in rage and Jonghyun’s eyes widened in shock.

Kibum, that person was Kibum!

The son of their leader, the best sniper and spy they had.

How had they gotten hold of him? No one had been able to capture him before. Kibum had always been a symbol of someone in the shadows ho was never seen and couldn’t be captured.

And even more important: What had they done to him?

He was covered with dirt, scratches and cuts all over his body, his weapons and essentials had been taken away. His eyes were unfocused and he looked barely conscious.

If looks could kill than Jonghyun would have killed every one of their opponents right this instant.

Their leader simply laughed and enjoyed the situation to its fullest. “See? I knew this fella would be useful after all!” he hollered and his men roared in approval, raising their weapons like they had already won which wasn’t even that wrong.

Jonghyun bit his tongue and tried to get control over his rage. “What do you want?” he hissed.

“Leave this area right now or…” the leader of the tyrants smirked and took out one of his big, dirty knives, holding it against Kibum’s throat.

“You don’t want to disappoint your poor leader, do you?” the man mocked with his ugly signature smirk, drawing blood with his knife.

Jonghyun took one deep breath and lowered his sword slowly. “Fine,” he said, hatred clear in his voice. “Let go of him,” he then demanded and almost attacked at their enemy only smirked.

“Oh who said I would release him?” he questioned and Jonghyun raised his sword again.

“Bastard, you-”

“Na, na, na we don’t want this to get ugly, do we?” the tyrant questioned. “You can have him, he isn’t of any use for us anyway. The little fella wouldn’t talk no matter what we did,” he sing sang.

“Please give your leader my regards, I hope he’ll like his present,” was the last thing he said before he flung Kibum forward, turning around and waving while he left the scene with his men.

Jonghyun was next to Kibum in a flash, kneeling down next to him and trying to figure out if his life was in danger or not. Of course he looked pretty bad but he couldn’t see major injuries besides from some nasty cuts. He didn’t know whether to feel relieved or not. It was probably not the time to let his guard down just yet.

“We’re retreating!” Jonghyun hollered so everyone would hear him. He quickly mounted his horse and made sure Kibum was sitting securely in front of him. It wasn’t like the boy had any self-control anymore. He had probably already passed out.

A few hours later they were back at the headquarters, an old castle they had conquered some years ago. It was on top of a hill and therefore a perfect spot to observe and defense if someone attacked which had never happened until now but you could never know in times like these.

Some people in the courtyard came running to help and Taemin quickly took the reins of Jonghyun’s horse because the leader of the troop was clearly having trouble with holding up the person in front of him.

The young male who mostly took care of the horses froze once he realized something.

“Oh my god, don’t tell me that’s…” he started but trailed off, his eyes just as wide as Jonghyun’s had been when he had figured out the person’s identity.

“He is,” Jonghyun said and it was a miracle that Taemin’s eyes hadn’t fallen out of their sockets.

“Oh my god, oh my god,” he mumbled a few times before he called someone over. “Minho!”

A tall male came running from the stables, confusion written all over his face before his eyes fell onto the blond who was still lying in Jonghyun’s arms lifelessly.

“Oh my,” he whispered, his body unable to move for some moments before he got a hold of himself and pulled the blond down from the horse into his arms so Jonghyun could get off as well.

“What did they do to him?” Minho asked shocked once he was sure Kibum’s heart was still beating and he was actually still alive.

“I have no idea,” Jonghyun mumbled, eyeing their sniper for some moments before he patted the taller’s shoulder.

“We should get someone to check up on him.”

Minho nodded and scoped the blond up into his arms, following Jonghyun inside the castle towards the infirmary, noticing Taemin who was running behind them as well

 

The doctor didn’t find anything wrong with the blond either so he simply threatened his cuts and left again, telling the three males to let him rest.

Kibum’s father, Jinki, was there for a bit as well, looking at his son sadly and discussing some things with Jonghyun regarding their failed mission. He said it was more important for him to have his son back and thanked the swordsman that he brought him back.

So after he left they waited again for almost two hours. Jonghyun was busy taking a nap in one of the chairs, Taemin was chewing on his poor nails the whole time and Minho simply stood leaning against the wall, waiting like a statue.

Suddenly Kibum sat up and stared at the opposite wall like it was talking to him. Jonghyun jumped in his chair in surprise, looking around disorientated while Taemin and Minho simply stared back at Kibum expectantly.

The blond kicked off his covers and stood up abruptly, waving slightly because his circulation was probably protesting about the sudden change. But it seemed like he couldn’t care less because he started mumbling thinsg immediately, ruffling up his hair and holding his head like it was hurting him.

It almost looked like he was talking to himself or something because he kept on mumbling things and shaking his head, wavering from time to time.

“Are you okay?” Jonghyun asked worriedly, thinking the blond might have gone crazy after what those tyrants did to him.

“Slap me, please,” Kibum mumbled while still holding his head and Jonghyun blinked perplex.

“What?! No! Why would I even-”

*slap*

……okay…

Seems like Minho had already taken that duty from him. Wait…he had just slapped the son of the leader! And that was not even a gentle one but one at full force.

It was amazing that Kibum was still standing up but his head was still turned towards one side, not moving for some moments.

“Minho!” Taemin whispered shocked but the tallest seemed completely unfazed.

Kibum took a deep breath pulled his hair out of his face with one hand, touching his aching cheek with the other.

“Ouch,” he mumbled while rubbing it soothingly.

“Geez man, that hurt,” he continued while walking towards the drawers in the room and pulling out several cupboards until he found a notepad and a pencil. He settled on the floor and started writing.

Taemin and Jonghyun gaped at him dumbfounded.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Taemin asked carefully like the blond would snap any moment.

“Hm?” the sniper asked and looked up at him. “Oh yeah, sure. I mean that just now hurt like hell and my head is still a mess but that’s okay,” he said and smiled.

“I got what I wanted although it didn’t really turn out like I wanted…”

“Like you wanted?” Jonghyun questioned, not sure if the blond was really alright or if his brain was just…ed up.

“Yeah…here,” Kibum said and pulled up his sleeve, the three others cringing as the saw some strange symbols carved into his skin with probably something like a knife.

“They told me so much stuff, I can’t believe they are actually this stupid,” the sniper laughed before his circulation protested again and he had to close his eyes for some moments.

“Geez, that was a bit too much,” he mumbled and blinked a few times before he continued writing things into his note pad.

“Do you care to explain what exactly went wrong?” Minho asked. “You do know they could have killed you and a whole mission failed because of you.”

Kibum stopped writing and looked down guiltily, biting his lip and the other two pitied him a bit. Minho sure was harsh with his words.

“I know,” the blond mumbled, not sounding as carefree as before anymore. “I didn’t think they would use that many drugs on me so I couldn’t do much. I had to do this,” he pointed at his injured arm, “because I thought I couldn’t remember those numbers. I know that I messed up and that it’s my fault…”

It was silent for some moments.

“What exactly are you talking about?” Taemin questioned quietly and Kibum looked up at him.

“I wanted them to take me hostage so I could figure out where their next target would be and some other stuff. I calculated everything but at one point it didn’t go like I planned anymore so I ended up as blackmail instead of…”

“Being thrown into the river,” Minho finished for him. “That had been the original plan and I would have gotten him out but something didn’t work out so…yeah…he ended up looking like a mess.”

Kibum glared at him. “Thanks, I appreciate the concern about my looks.”

“So you let them catch you deliberately?!” Jonghyun questioned just to be sure and Kibum nodded.

“You should have seen their faces,” the sniper snorted. “Oh look who we have there,” he imitated the tyrants’ leader’s voice and made a strange face before he rolled his eyes annoyed.

“As if I would get caught just like that,” he snorted and shook his head. “Just a bunch of brainless idiots.”

“So you got everything?” Minho asked and Kibum nodded.

“Yeah,” he said and started writing again. “Was my dad here?” he then questioned and they confirmed his assumption.

“I bet he’ll be furious. I didn’t exactly tell him about this,” the blond mumbled almost nervously. “What happened back there anyway? I don’t think my brain was in any condition to take in any information at that time.”

Jonghyun explained him what had happened and Kibum nodded in understanding.

“I see…” he mumbled, looking over his notes once more before he nodded and stood up, wavering once again and needing some seconds until he was able to move normally again.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Taemin asked worriedly, noticing that the sniper did indeed look slightly pale. He had mentioned drugs and all that stuff after all.

Kibum just smiled softly. “It’s not the time to be worrying about me at the moment. You should go and discuss our next move with your men and I’m pretty sure Kai is already searching for you,” he said, looking first at Jonghyun and then at Taemin who almost blushed.

“W-w-why would you say that?” he asked nervously and avoided eye contact immediately, playing with his fingers like they were a lot more interesting than anything else at the moment.

The blond grinned at him like it was obvious. “Don’t think you could hide anything from me. It’s not like I’m sitting on the roof almost every night and see when someone meets up secretly,” he said with a teasing glint in his eyes and Taemin’s mouth fell open.

Thankfully he was able to regain his composure after some moments and quickly dashed out of the room, followed by Jonghyun who told the sniper to get some rest and recover quickly.

Together with Minho Kibum made his way towards his father’s office. The taller waited outside while the sniper probably received the scolding of his life inside. But it was all just because of the leader’s concern for his son. What parent wouldn’t be worried if their child was part of a military organization and had just been released from being a hostage?

Half an hour later, a few minutes after it had gotten a bit quieter, Kibum finally stepped out of the room, looking beyond tired.

“I’m still alive,” he joked quietly before his circulation finally decided to say goodbye and he fell into Minho’s arms like a lifeless puppet.

“You overdid it again,” the brunette mumbled and got a small hum in return.

“Maybe…”

Without any further talk he picked the blond up like before and carried him to his room, placing him down onto the bed before he quickly changed into some fitting clothes for sleeping. He joined Kibum in the big bed and pulled the blanket over the two of them, looking into the other’s drowsy eyes.

“I was really worried, you know,” Minho said and Kibum smiled tiredly.

“I know, I’m sorry.”

The brunette sighed. “Even if you say that I know you’re probably going to do it again.”

“Probably,” Kibum mumbled sleepily, having trouble with keeping his eyes from closing.

Minho smiled and pulled the blond closer, kissing the top of his head. “I guess the only hope is the fact that you are way too persistent to be killed that easily.

Kibum snuggled closer to the source of warmth next to him and grinned into his lover’s chest. “You’re absolutely…right about that,” he mumbled quietly, while his eyes slowly fell shut, sleep now taking over his body.

The brunette shook his head and closed his eyes as well, a small smile playing on his lips. “Such a childish idiot.”

Like this he fell asleep with the blond curled up in his arms. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Okay, that's it. 

It's not really anything special. I didn't even know what kind of tags to put so...I just did something...

Urgh, this is probably the most random story I even uploaded but I kind of feel happy whenever I finish something and can upload it, as random as it might be. 

I hope you could at least still enjoy it. I'm going to correct this tomorro- wait...it's already tomorrow...Then let's say I'm going to correct this in around 10 hours or so.

Bye bye~

 

2,664 words