-006-

Taming Twelve

Hyuna blinked as her phone went off for the millionth time, she rolled her eyes and switched her phone to mute. She had left the 12 males only 30 minutes ago. She giggled as she realised they probably felt a bit awkward, it didn't seem like a place they would pick to spend their evening.

"Hyuna-ssi, this is your 10 minute call!" One of the backstage runners appeared by the door and stuck his thumb up. Hyuna smiled at him and bowed her head in understanding. Her stylist continuing with her work, Hyuna thought she would check the message she had recieved.

Kim Halmoni: It's Jongdae, Halmoni didn't know how to text. We sent you a present, Xiumin hyung arranged it and we all chipped in cash!

Then two minutes later:

Kim Halmoni: Why didn't you warn us about your parents?!

Hyuna scrunched up her nose before realising that today would be televised, her parents always sat in the audience for those performances. She giggled as an interesting thought came to mind. She hit the reply button and typed out her message before there was a knock at the door and one of the younger girls came in carrying a large bouquet of flowers.

"Omo!" The girl handed them over explaining they had been delivered to the wrong dressing room and Hyuna's heart melted at the sight of the beautiful flowers, her heart fluttered and she allowed herself to smile softly. 'Hwaighting Hyuna-ssi!' The tag read. She placed them down as she was called and made her way to the stage.

***

Meanwhile, Jongdae was staring at his grandmothers phone in shock, not only had his grandmother named Hyuna as 'future granddaughter', she had also managed con him into texting Hyuna, when clearly previous texts were proof that she knew how. And now this?!

Future GrandDaughter: That wasn't necessary but, thankyou. Also, do i need to warn you of my parents? I'm not dating you. If you bring this up later on, i will refuse to discuss the topic of my parents. 

Jongdae ruffled his hair in frustration, earning a glare from Baekhyun for messing up his hair, which he ignored and handed his grandmother her phone back.

"I hope she does wear the dress we brought her" Luhan bounced excitedly from his seat, Yifan was discussing something in English with Hyuna's parents. Joonmyeon trying to follow along, after a while he got lost and turned to Kyungsoo. 

"So Kyungsoo care to enlighten us as to why we had to come look for you yesterday?" Suho hummed questioning and Kyungsoo uncharacteristically blushed and wriggled in his seat.

"Can we not discuss that? You guys will laugh." Kyungsoo bit his lip and even Jongin was shocked at his best friends change in behavior. 

"We need to know Hyung!" Sehun prodded the older males side as Tao silently nodded behind him. "It's unusual for you of all people to wander off."

"Okay fine, but this is to prove my innocence....For once" He swatted at Sehuns hand that continued to prod him. "When I saw her in that first dress... I couldn't help this odd feeling. So I went for some air. The girl was claiming to have been attacked, so I figured it would get me in Hyuna's good books." Kyungsoo took a deep breath in, "the girl threw herself on me and before I knew it the guys wanted to fight me because the girl was the leaders girlfriend."

"So, why didn't you tell Hyuna that? Things were so awkward the entire journey back!" Baekhyun pouted, though the only reason he was pouting was that Hyuna had been glued to Lay's side until they had gotten home.

"I didn't want to tell you guys. I didn't want to be the first one to break the playboy pact." Kyungsoo bit his lip once more and his eyes met the others. "I haven't felt this way before. I think..... I actually might like her...." a short silence followed before the announcer told them it was Hyuna's turn. Forgetting that Kyungsoo was telling them his feelings, their eyes all swung to the stage as they watched her walk onto the stage. She bowed and sat down, gracefully crossing one leg over the other. 

"She wore the dress!" Yixing was beaming, leaning forward to rest his arms on the bannisters in front of their seats. He blinked in confusion as he heard strained voices to his right. Hyuna's parents weren't even watching the performance! They were arguing about something. He caught Yifans eye who gave a slight nod to alert Yixing that he was listening to the conversation. 

"Doesn't she look perfect?" Minseok sighed and joined his Chinese friend leaning on the rail. 

"Wait, who has crackers?!" Chanyeol suddenly panicked and Baekhyun snorted with laughter. 

"Are you interested in her or the bird Yoda?" The shorter boy shook his head in amusement and beside them Jongdae snickered,  his eyes never leaving Hyuna. It was safe to say that 12 males hearts were beating out of rhythm, so much so that they began letting the playboy facade slip. Luhan sat with a dreamy look on his face. Sehun, tao and Jongin where unconsciously humming along with the tune. Kyungsoo had joined Yixing and Minseok at the rail, his eyes zoned in on the females delicate hands plucking the strings.  Yifan let his eyes wander to the girls face, soft curls framing it, his ears still concentrating on the adults conversation.  Joonmyeon and Jongdae were resting with their heads back, just simply listening and Baekhyun and Chanyeol were still bantering about the parrot, until a soft angelic voice began to sing along with the harp. Eyes flew open and mouths followed. Hyuna sings?!

***

"That was wonderful dear!" Kim Halmoni kissed Hyuna on both cheeks, as she returned to them after the show. Hyuna smiled in thanks and blinked as her parents appeared behind them.

"Hyuna, Dear." Hyuna blinked rapidly, Dear...? This couldn't be good. "May we steal your attention for a little while?" Her mother smiled beautifully and the younger girl nodded, following them out. Yifan's eyes following them the entire way.

"Did you manage to find out what was with her parents?" Yixing elbowed his friend in the ribs, he winced a little before nodding. He opened his mouth to speak, when a familiar voice reached their ears, but something was different. This voice was full of something that could only be described as pure loathing.

"You control my career, you don't let me go to school, you only ever show support when you deem it worthy and now you are complaining because I didn't wear a longer dress?! May I remind you both, everything you both own I brought! With money I earned! It isn't like you are busy! I pay for you both to live!" Hyuna came storming out towards all the males, Kim Halmoni patted the girl on the shoulder with a sympathetic smile. "Halmoni? I don't think you should wait up for me to return. Tonight, I am going to be out with the boys." Kim Halmoni smiled a little.

"I thought you weren't supposed to go to parties and clubs?" Yifan raised his brow as the the others were all in too much shock to speak.

"Yeah, well I feel like being a little rebellious tonight." Hyuna linked arms with Luhan and Baekhyun, practically dragging them out towards their ride home. 

 

************************

A/N: hopefully you enjoyed this chapter, please ignore any errors! I will return to fix them, but I have to return to being a mother now ^.^ let me know what you think!