chapter 25

Apocalypse III

Byunghee's eyes widened as he witnessed how Mir suddenly froze and the boy fall face first on the floor. It seemed like it was happening in a slow motion and he was too slow to react. "Mir!" Shouting, he ran to the boy's side, retreaving the boy from the floor by arms into his lap. His hand encircled Mir's shoulder while the other one kept tapping on Mir's cold cheek. Too cold... Even the boy's skin was ashen. His heart clenched. "Mir... Mir..." He kept calling, hoping those dark brown orbs revealed again.

Seohyun kneeled beside the two boys with Hongki and Seulong following suit. Seohyun grabbed Mir's wrist and put her finger under Mir's nose and then pulled on Mir's eyelids. Nothing. She put he fingers on Mir's neck. None. She resorted to put her ear on Mir's chest and she blanched. How could this be so sudden? So unexpected?

"He..." Seohyun swallowed as she hesitantly spoke. "He's dead." Mir's breathing had stop. His heart had stop. Literally.

That two words struck Byunghee like a lightning bolt. His grip on Mir's limp body tightened as his face blanched. He slowly shook his head. "No." He breathed out. It just couldn't be. Mir was atill alive just a second ago. Mir was still standing on his own two feet just a second ago. Both of them just locked eyes just a second ago and though Mir's dark brown eyes looked weary, they were alive. It couldn't be. It just couldn't. Did Joon's nightmare became reality after all? Did they really lose Mir after all? Why was this happening again? Why did this always happened? Everytime he was getting closer to Mir, the boy would slip away from him? Why? Why? Why did everytime, he had to face the pain of losing Mir? Why couldn't the boy just stay alive by his side? That time too. This time too. Just why? Why did he kept losing the boy. Why...?

"What the hell?" Hongki shouted, pushing Seohyun away and put his own ear on Mir's chest. His heart drop, but this wasn't over yet. "Put him down!" Hongki ordered but Byunghee looked like a puppet with lost soul. He couldn't hear anyone anymore. 

Growling, Hongki forcefully tore Mir away from Byunghee's embrace and laid the boy down on the floor. Realizing the lost of Mir from him, Byunghee was about to kill the one who took Mir away from him but stopped dead when he saw what Hongki was doing. Hongki was trying to save Mir. Hongki was trying to made that heart beat again.

"Come on, Mir. Come back." Hongki said while keep compressing on Mir's chest.

Byunghee crawled to Mir's side and took the younger cold limp hand in his own, blowing hot air on the hand, hoping for the coldness to reduce. Hoping for that lively warmth to come back to the boy. "Mir... Stay alive." He pleaded.

Suddenly, Mir's hand shot up and grabbed on Byunghee's neck. The boy emmited low growling sound, baring his teeth and those lifeless orbs revealed. Lifeless...

"Mir...?"

 

 

-so, when I got back from hospital just now, still wearing labcoat, I was like run across with these school kids that came to my uni for some programme and they were like, "Hello, doctor." When they see me and I was like, "Hello to you too. But, I'm not a doctor... yet..." *grin*

But inside, I was like "Hooray! They call me doctor!!" I was sooo happy that I end up updating again today. Muahaha. Don't miss CHAPTER 24-

*ps : It's hard to get cooperation from patient with hematological disorder (T^T)