broken pieces

burnt like matches
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
every little thing were like puzzle pieces, and we were the result of all the pieces fitting together.

It is a brief moment, one that is fleeting and described as hair brushing one's fingertips. It's fast and by chance, something that they didn't arrange and talked about. She walks the halls, in her sweats with shades on, clearly headed for the practice room. Her girls have been texting her nonstop. The use of phones hadn't been allowed three years ago, and the girls are ecstatic to have cellular freedom now so as a result, Miyoung's phone is booming with messages to come down to the company for practice.

She sees him for the first time in the hall, it's 2010 and he's so handsome with that flat hair and awkward smile as he greets her. Ninety-degrees bent down to show her his respect. 

"Hello," she says this, bows, and pats his back despite herself. Her hand shakes a little when she retracts it away from him. He'd understand, everyone understands why Miyoung is okay with skinship of any sort. She's more Western than Korean as some would even dare say. 

Behind her shades, her eyes smile along with and she sees how he's obviously flustered. He bows back, lips pressed in a thin line as it's clear he doesn't know what to do or say.

Miyoung turns her head, and the moment of meeting and the rush of seeing a new, handsome (if she may say so herself) is now gone and she continues to walk down the hall to her practice room, laughing at how awkward he acted. 

 

She has her hands in his hair, it's another brief moment, one that is fleeting and described as birds flying away too soon, too fast. It's fast and by chance, something Miyoung doesn't normally do but since Luhan is such a good hoobae and dongsaeng all the same, she thinks this is fit. Sort of.

"Aigoo," she ruffles his hair, it's surprisingly smooth unlike some male idol's. But then again, it hasn't been long since EXO's debut and he's just getting settled in with the idol life. She thinks about saving him before everything would be too late. "That was a good stage. Nice job." she smiles, and his face goes red. Redder than the sequence jacket Sehun is wearing.

Her hand leaves his hair and she goes to Chanyeol who is grinning wickedly at her. She throws a thumbs up and he does the same. "That was good. You'll have most, if not all of the women in Korea swooning over you guys in no time."

"Thank you, sunbaenim."

She looks over at Luhan again, who is smiling at her. She reminds him of Yoona, of a deer; innocent, naive and purer than most. Miyoung sighs, because she wishes she can do more for him, for them, than just give advices and compliments. 

Seohyun places a hand on her shoulder and she turns around, waving 'good bye' to the boy who had been smiling at her.

 

Luhan likes her. It doesn't take a dummy to see it because even her girls know this. It's photo time and they're backstage after their concert, what a surprise it was to see twelve 'wolves' dressed in all red like tomatoes come through the hallway, surprising Taeyeon and Yoona who turned the corner and saw them directly. Their clothes were sickly red. 

"Big smiles, one, two, three!"

Miyoung smiles and the cameras flash and there are about twenty photos taken but SM decides to put only two of them in their website. Miyoung points to a picture, one where they had switched positions and somehow she has her arms around Sehun and Luhan, who both look flustered but happy all the same but Miyoung knows Sehun, he's a good little brother. Luhan, on the other hand.

Sooyeon pats her shoulder, leans forward to whisper in her ear. "Red-haired Chinese guy, twelve o'clock." 

Miyoung looks up, and he's looking at her.

He looks away, she smiles.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter