Misunderstanding

Misunderstanding

Yesung sat by the river, staring into the distance. He felt like crying, but no tears came out. He tried to mend his broken heart, and failed miserably. Everything was so sudden, it was too much to bear. The scene he accidentally witnessed stabbed him painfully as it kept replaying in his mind. 

 

[Flashback]

" I love you. " 

He felt his heart shattered into tiny pieces when he heard that familiar voice. The words he used to hear everyday, was not meant for him anymore. 

" I love you too. " 

He watched in horror as the two hugged and almost smooched. It was too much. He could not stand it anymore. He ran, and ran, and ran, not caring when he knocked down a mumber of people. Those three words that usually made his heart melt, now became a sharp dagger, piercing right through his heart. 

Ryeowook... How could he said that to Kyuhyun?! And Kyuhyun loved him back... How long had they been together? He knew he lacked a lot of things and can be clumsy at times, but he always tried his best in making Ryeowook happy. The happy look on Ryeowook's face made his heart ache. Maybe he was just a burden to the younger. Maybe Kyuhyun was the better man for Ryeowook. Maybe he should just let go...

[End of flashback]

 

Ryeowook paced around the living room, confused and worried. Yesung had been ignoring him for days. He tried talking with him but Yesung kept his distance. He even avoided eye contact with Ryeowook, which was plain weird. 

The moment Ryeowook saw Yesung entering the dorm, he stepped in front of him and greeted him with a a smile. 

" Sungie, where have you been? You're out for quite a while..." His attempt to start a conversation failed. Yesung just walked past him, as if he was invisible. He could not stand this awkwardness. He must get an answer regarding his lover's behavior. 

" Hyung, we need to talk. " He grabbed the older's hand and forcefully dragged him into their room, closing the door on the way in. 

" Sungie, can you tell me why you've been avoiding me for the past few days?" Yesung simply stared at the floor, finding the tiles more interesting than the younger. 

" Look at me hyung. Why?" 

Reluctantly, Yesung looked up and locked gazes with Ryeowook. He had such beautiful eyes, eyes full of emotion. Such a perfect being, too bad he won't be his anymore. 

" I will leave." 

" Huh?" Ryeowook raised an eyebrow at the sudden announcement. 

" I said I will leave you two alone. " 

" Hyung, what do you mean? Why do you want to leave me?" Ryeowook tilted his head to one side, unable to grasp the situation. What was going on in his lover's weird mind now?

" Surely I can't keep holding onto someone that loves another man at heart. That's too selfish." 

" Sungie, what are you-" 

" You don't have to hide anymore Wookie. I heard. I saw. Everything. That you and Kyu love each other. I don't want to be the one dragging you away from your happiness. You deserve to be happy, more than anyone else..." 

" I still don't understand what you're say- Wait a second... Did you overheard it at the practice room?" 

" Yes, but I didn't mean to! I just happened to pass by and... You don't have to be troubled with it. I'll let go. That's the least I can do for you. Kyuhyun is better than me, he'll treat you well..." 

Suddenly Ryeowook burst into fits of laughter and giggles. Yesung stared at him quizzically. What's so funny about his speech anyway? It was supposed to be touching... And heartbreaking...

" Haha... Oh, Yesung... My Yesungie... You actually believed that? That I love Kyuhyun, as a romantic interest?" By now Ryeowook was crying tears of laughter. 

" Uh... Yeah... Did I miss out on something?" Yesung blinked with confusion written on his face. 

" Silly hyung, I was just helping Kyu to practice his musical lines. I told you before, REMEMBER?" 

" Oh... Right... And I thought I was gonna lose you..." Yesung turned bright red, embarrassed with Ryeowook still giggling at the side. He mentally facepalmed himself, why did he always had short term memories over important matters... 

" S-stop laughing already... O-or I'll g-get angry..." 

" Okay okay, I'll stop. Come here dummy. " Ryeowook embraced Yesung into a hug, nuzzling into his chest. 

" Sungie... You shouldn't think bad of yourself, there's a reason I chose you over Siwon you know. You are unique in your own way..." He tiptoed and kissed his lover on the lips. 

" ...And just the way I like it. " 

 

 

=================================================================================

I'm still alive! After exams and stuff im finally writing again...