The Mama's Boy [Kris]

High School Gangs

5.30am

To avoid suspicion everyone was ordered to return home. Not that the school administrators didn't know anyway. It was more for their parents. Especially the newbies, whose parents needed time to adapt.

 

Tris wiped her knife with a tissue and threw it away on her way out, flushed down a toilet bowl. Not that anyone would punish her. But it was a habit she acquired while stealing, to erase all evidence. Mindlessly she kept the sword underneath a tree just in case the police suddenly sprang an attack on them, she would be found with no weapon.

 

Then, she proceeded to walk home where her mother was, hopefully, still sleeping soundly. This time, she was the one walking behind Kris. She treaded across the ground as silently as possible, dreading the moment when all the other students would leave the path to go their own ways and leave him and her alone. She imagined hacking a knife into the back of his neck, finishing him once and for all. She chuckled lightly. I'm not that evil.

 

Right then, Kris' group of friends broke off, heading towards the park. "Are you sure you don't want to join us?" Kai called as he waked away.

 

"Nah. I've got something to do." came Kris' reply.

 

"Alright!" The rest of them disappeared into the greenery, leaving Tris alone behind Kris. She tried slowing down to create some distance between them, but he whipped around and stopped suddenly so that Tris almost crashed into his broad chest.

 

"You again," he growled lowly.

 

Tris didn't know where she got the courage from, but she retorted, staring straight ahead. "Yes, mama's boy. It's not a crime to walk on the same road is it?" She walked around him as if he were simply a pillar, continuing on her way.

 

His jaw dropped as he contemplated whether to shut up or run up to beat her up. "She's made her choice, hasn't she?" "I can beat her up!" His eyes lit up like a little puppy. "But its embarrassing to beat up a girl half my size." After standing for at least a minute, deep in thought, he decided to scare her a little, but when he turned back to face the path, Tris was long gone.

 

On the other hand...

Tris quickened her already fast walking pace, heart rate increasing as she clung on to her bag tighter, should there be a need to run. Memories of running from insane debt collectors and her father's inhumane foes flooded her mind. She didn't want to live a life of running away anymore.

 

Yet she pushed down her feelings, looking up as a passing breeze dried her eyes. She wasn't going to get into anymore trouble after this, or so she thought. I will control my mouth and hold it back before it goes shooting off again.

 

Just like that, all her messed up feelings were pushed away and rearranged, as she pushed open the door to her home.

 

Back to Kris...

 

Still sulking he entered his lavish bungalow. "Hey... hey Dad," he stuttered involuntarily at the sight of his dad seated at the table and sipping coffee, a maid standing at his side, ready to serve at all times.

 

"Where have you been, son-nie?" His father asked as he put down his coffee.

 

"Just, umm, jogging around. Couldn't sleep." Kris started making his way to the stairs that would lead him to his room.

 

"Insomnia! Are you alright, son-nie? Has school been okay?" His persistant father pressed on.

 

"Yes, I'm absolutely fine, Dad. Don't you worry, just take care of your stocks." Kris glanced towards the 60-inch TV which showed the latest news of the stock market.

 

And softly he added, "And stop calling me that."

Pleaseeee SUBSRIBE, COMMENT and UPVOTE if you like it! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I would gladly reply>,<