Truth

It's LOVE

 

SEULGI POV

 

My spouse…is turning blind.

 

Every morning that I wake up, all I want to do is to hug her and say that I love her, and that everything will be fine.

 

But she won’t let me.

 

In those moments where she’d continue on doing her usual routine, I wish I could be of help to her, but she insisted on doing it all by herself.

 

To how she figured out everything, it was such a hard process. But eventually, with all the hard work, she did. From the dishes to the laundry, she made a way so that she could tell which is which. I may have about it many times, but she really is a genius girl.

 

I don’t know when I had officially given up, but I ended up letting her do it her way, to the point where I even let her commute her way to work.

 

And every time she takes the bus, or cross the streets, I feel like my heart would stop any time.

 

So even though she doesn’t want me to…

 

I follow her every day.

 

Waving a hand at one of her co-workers, I then bowed my head and lip-synch my sincere gratitude before leaving the place, silently, wordlessly.

 

Since I have assured that she made it safe and sound, then I have no more business in that place.

 

Whenever the people at the bakery looked at me with admiration for such a noble action, I then smiled.

 

Now, every morning in my life, I do this for her.

 

Because that’s what true love means right? It’s more than just a feeling. It’s an action.

 

“Unnie…”

 

Starting her sentence with those words, it was then I proved my assumptions to be right.

 

No, please don’t. I don’t want to hear it…

 

Forcefully turning me to look at her, it was her tears that made my mind turn blank as the words leave , making me wide eye as I let my own tears flow, filling me with unknown emotions before my vision turns red with rage.

 

It seems like the world just turned into nothing and all I can see is her crying face…

 

“I want divorce…”

 

With her resonating words making me dizzy, I tried to comprehend the things she just said. Now is not the time to be joking or saying nonsense as if it was some kind of a bad dream, a scary nightmare.

 

I then clutched my hand hard and it was when I felt blood slid through my lips that I was finally able to snap out and returned to the harsh reality.

 

“What? What did I ever do for you to say those words to me?!”

 

Standing up to shout the words that left my mouth without my consent, I then let the building anger filled me in a suffocating pain, until I was unable to take it and lash it out to the girl whom I thought had sworn to walk alongside me for as long as she could.

 

Remaining silent as she shifted her gaze, her still flowing tears made me aggravated, confused and hurt all at the same time.

 

“TELL ME!!”

 

When she did nothing and just covered her hands to seal her lips, it made me turn to see the melancholic face. I had hurt her and now she’s crying because of me.

 

What have I just done? I then realized, seeing how I’m still harboring these negative emotions that’s starting to rip us apart.

 

“If it’s something I did…then…just let me fix it…”

 

I then spoke, my knees had fallen too weak and it made me kneel at her.

 

“I promise to fix it…just don’t leave me like this…”

 

I then begged. It may be desperate of me to do so but that’s how I really feel.

 

“Seulgi…”

 

Holding my shoulders as she squatted in front of me, she then looked at me, her eyes harboring all kinds of emotions.

 

“It’s not you…It’s me…”

 

She then said. Of all the possible things to say, why it has to be that freaking cliché line.

 

Snapping again since it got onto my nerves, all I wanted now is to know the truth. Not all those lies she is telling in my face right now.

 

“Don’t give me that crap! I don’t want any of it! If it’s not really me then what?!”

 

Holding onto her shoulders, I then tightened my grip. Though it was never my intention to hurt her, I’m so at a loss right now that I could not even think straight.

 

“Just please…tell me honestly”

 

“Joy…”

 

With my voice starting to crack once again, I then held onto her stare that was waiting for me to finish my sentence.

 

 “Don’t you…love me anymore?”

 

JOY POV

 

“Don’t you…love me anymore?”

 

Hearing such words being said to my face, it was more than enough for me to feel like the world had stopped moving, as if everything just ended within the blink of an eye.                                                                                                                       

 

“What are you talking about? It’s not like that!”

 

I then shouted. And even if I can’t see because of the tears clouding my face, I can bet that her eyes stopped having this glint and turned into a soulless one.

 

“If it’s not then what? Is it because we bicker more lately? I can take all of those Sooyoung, just tell me what should I do and I’ll follow everything you want”

 

Hearing what she has to say, it made me feel heavier, because no matter how much we may fight or ague, it will not be the reason and it will never be. For no amount of quarrel will be enough to make me stop loving her.

 

“Please don’t say it like that, it’s hard for me too…”

 

I then said. She was stepping down way too low and I hate seeing that part of her, even if it was for me, for us.

 

“The things…we’ve seen…and memories we’ve shared…I don’t think I can continue living on with these…”

 

I then told her. I don’t know how much longer I can hold things but I must do what I think is right.

 

“I don’t think…I can fulfill my promise to you as much as you hope for me to…”

 

Even if my words are like a double edge sword that was hurting me too, I then held firm to my decision.

 

When silence took place, my heart thumped loudly in fear of what she might say.

 

“Is that it?”

 

To my surprise, those were her words instead.

 

“What?”

 

I then asked back in confusion.

 

“I ask if that’s it? Are we going to end everything just because you think you won’t be enough for me anymore?”

 

She then retaliates, her calm and understanding tone was long gone and I felt like I was talking to a heartless person.

 

“What are you talking about! I’m doing this for your own go-”

 

But before I could finish what I have to say, she then raised her voice in anger.

 

“If you’re really thinking about me then how about my feelings?!”

 

She shouted with all her might. And for the first time in my life, I was afraid to face her.

 

“Seulgi…”

 

Punching by the nearest thing she could, I felt more scared than ever.

 

“Do you really think that leaving me behind to find someone else will make me happier?!”

 

She then said.

 

“But…”

 

Feeling how she threw whatever that stood her way as I tried to reason out, crashing sounds were heard that I was unable to know what to do.

 

“And here I thought you were smart!”

 

It was her cracked voice that hit my heart and shattered it into pieces once more.

 

“I may not be that clever like people claim me to be but I do know what I love most! If you think you’re doing this because I deserved something more then you’re being the most foolish girl I’d ever met!”

 

And with that said, she left me alone and ran off to somewhere no one knows.

 

When a framed picture of us dropped off the table for unknown reason, it was then when I remembered her confession to me, all the words she said that made me fall deep in love with her came coming back.

 

It was already too late for her to hear my apology as I hugged my knees and cried.

 

*****

 

That night, after their friend Wendy finally convinces the older girl to go back home to her spouse, it took a lot for them to be at ease with each other’s presence, knowing full that they both need time to think for themselves.

 

However, since they can’t afford to drag other people in their business anymore, both decided to set the issue aside and just take the rest on that very long day.

 

When midnight came however, the blonde haired girl left their room as she went out wordlessly.

 

Having noticed the missing lump that was usually beside her on their shared bed, Joy then sat up despite the difficulty, not knowing what to do as she tried her best to move in the dark.

 

She was worried that this time around, the other won’t be coming back to her anymore. And so, even if she was not feeling well, she searched for the older girl.

 

Touching the walls on their house for guidance, her feet led her to where she heard soft sobs.

 

Crying at the corner, the older one hugged her knees tight while drinking a glass of what seems like an alcoholic drink.

 

“Seulgi…”

 

Slowly going for the other, the stubborn mammal look-alike tried to sport indifference but immediately got up worried sick when the other slumped onto the floor, as if she lost all her energy.

 

“Why are you drinking again…”

 

The younger said when she smelled the other reeks of alcohol.

 

Tossing the glass as she tried to convince her, Seulgi was left no choice but to sit alongside the younger girl, with them eventually ending up side by side.

 

A small silence followed since neither talked.

 

“Sooyoung…there’s no place on earth I’d rather be than by your side…why can’t you see that?”

 

Speaking first as she suddenly became sober at the situation, the older one tried to talk it out once more as she let out her true feelings, wanting to change the mind of her partner that was pushing her away.

 

Trying to reach out as she let her hand finds its other half that belong to her spouse, Joy intertwined their fingers before she let the words escape her lips.

 

“I wish I could, but I’m afraid now I won’t be able to do so anymore”

 

She then said.

 

“Why…What are you talking about?”

 

Turning her head as she was more than confused, the strange behavior of the younger girl that had eluded her lover’s mind finally came hitting her.

 

And since it had come down to this, the other decided to be honest once and for all.

 

“Seulgi…I’m sorry for keeping this to you but actually…”

 

Tightening the hold as she squeezed their hands, a small silence passed by before she spilled the beans.

 

“…I’m turning blind”

 

Ending the sentence with that, the older girl, who knew nothing of what was happening, turned to look at her spouse in pure shock.

 

“W-What? Then why didn’t you tell me sooner!”

 

Feeling stupid for thinking that the other had forgotten their love and decided to end things with her, the blonde girl checked the taller one who smiled weakly at her words.

 

“I tried to…but whenever I thought about the future…I just…”

 

Looking at her other half who was trying to hold back her tears, the known teddy bear silently watched, listening at the words the other had been adamant on not saying.

 

“…Thinking that everything won’t be the same…I didn’t have the confidence to be by your side anymore…”

 

Shaking her head at the words, the other sported her disagreement.

 

“Then nothing’s have to change!”

 

She then said.

 

“But…I can no longer see you…feel you…”

 

The other reasoned.

 

“Then? What if you can’t see me? It doesn’t matter. You can’t feel me you say? The more reason now for me to by your side always…”

 

Seulgi stood firm to her decision.

 

“But the memories that are once precious to us…I can no longer do them with you anymore”

 

As much as the other remained resolute, the younger girl was stubborn as well.

 

“So? We can just create new memories instead! All of those in the past, we can always keep them in our hearts…”

 

The older girl then retorted as the simple minded person she is.

 

“I don’t know Seul...I don’t know…Your life won’t be the same anymore…so is for me…maybe it’s really better if…”

 

Looking at how the younger girl insists on her scheme, the blonde girl dried her tears and gathered her courage.

 

“Then I guess I will just have to wait. No matter what happens I won’t file any divorce so feel free to adjust until everything comes to you like second nature”

 

She then said, holding tight of their joined hands.

 

“But Seulgi…”

 

Joy said in her cracked voice as she tried to hold in her emotions.

 

Putting a hand on her spouse’s eyes to dry her tears, the cuddly animal replica looked at the younger girl with sincerity as she said what’s on her heart.

 

“Sooyoung, I had sworn to be with you through thick and thin, through hardships and trials, in sickness and in health... Whatever happens in the future, don’t expect me to back out on my words without trying all possible solutions. So don’t give up on us”

 

She then stated, before enveloping the orange haired girl in her warm hug.

 

“I love you…always remember that”

 

And with the other’s silence to the words, the older girl took it as a form of mutual agreement and it was that day that marks the start to the new chapter on this test to their life they have to take.

 

*****

 

The next day after, both woke up as if nothing truly happened. Though usually a heavy sleeper, the older girl tried to opened her eyes first, looking out for the other who was keeping her emotions as she tried to stand up, not wanting to ask for help unless really necessary.

 

Though it had broke her heart to see, she decided to let the other stand on her feet.

 

And while they decided to mind their own, the older blonde was still worried, seeing how hard things started to become for her spouse.

 

As to why she let the other do what she wants is because she is more afraid that if she won’t, the younger girl would definitely feel worst and might want to end things with her once again.

 

So even if it was hard, she decided to be as supportive as possible, beginning to watch silently from behind.

 

Following her spouse to the kitchen, she then did the usual staring, until the other began moving her fingers to feel the items around.

 

Before, when the younger girl failed to do the task, she would immediately try to help just to be scolded by the taller one, eventually starting a fight between them.

 

Now, having learned her lessons, whenever Joy fails to feel the ingredients, Seulgi sneakily pushes the items one by one, smiling happily at the sidelines as she watched her spouse do the cooking as usual.

 

If the other insists on trying to do things on her own, then a little helping hand won’t hurt, especially if she won’t say a word of it.

 

Ever since then, she made it her routine to watch by the other and be her guardian angel.

 

To how she manages to grow used to it as time goes by, then maybe it’s really the power of love the drives her to do so.

 

And while she tried to be the other’s eyes in those times she needed it most, that’s how the older girl showed her love, even if the younger girl didn’t know.

 

Smiling at the memories as she drove her way to the company building, the blonde interior designer bowed at her colleagues as she went on her office, satisfied at how her morning went despite all the hardship she’d been through.

 

Immediately checking her web page for new tips, advices and such, the devoted spouse felt grateful at the amount of help flooding her page. Ever since she had posted her situation, the people who truly cared for her never failed to send her encouraging words and useful information, wanting to help even in the smallest way possible.

 

And while she typed her usual thanks to her loyal supporters, she wasn’t able to notice the appearance of the company’s CEO.

 

“Hey Seul…good morning~”

 

Coming in as she can’t help but smile at her star employee (in more than ways than one), the kind owner slash best buddy entered the room with a white envelope on hand as she greeted the mammal look-alike.

 

“Oh, Wendy, morning too~ did you need something?”

 

Replied the preoccupied teddy bear, unconsciously letting out a wide grin at the presence of the smaller girl.

 

“You’re smiling genuinely now than I used to remember. I’m assuming there’s a progress between you and Joy?”

 

Said the observant girl, taking notice of the difference in the other’s facial expression.

 

“Aha, not really, were still the same I guess”

 

Replied the other shyly, scratching her head while sporting a clueless look she was known for.

 

“Eh? Then is it just me? Anyway, I got a mail for you. I hope you can take your time to read it, a senior of mine wants me to give it to you”

 

Deciding to let the matter slip, it was more than enough for the olaf nicknamed boss as she handed the item she was holding.

 

“Oh, what could this be?”

 

Seulgi asked, but the other just shrugged since she did not dare to look at it.

 

Flipping the pages as she read the content, different expressions were made before it turned into a very serious one, making the curios spectator want to know the big deal with the said letter is.

 

“So? What does it say?”

 

Wendy, who tried to keep her curiosity at bay, couldn’t help but ask in the end.

 

Lifting up her gaze to meet the interested look of her friend, the other made a deep sigh, before handing the white paper itself for the smaller girl to see.

 

By the end of the letter, the last paragraph is what made the known derp wide eyed.

 

“An…Eye transplant?”

 

Those were her last words before they both fell into a deafening silence.

 

- TO BE CONTINUED -

 

Whooo~ Chapter 3 finally done and posted. Sorry for the errors and typos. Despite the wait, hope you enjoyed~ ^_^

Like I previously promised, it will not have a bad end so have faith in me! Haha XD

Anyway, see you guys in Chapter 4~ Jya neh~ ^^;

 

PS: Next chap will focus on other couple~ *coughWenRenecough*, so to my beloved ChicBears, just relax for a while and see all soon~