Encounters

It's LOVE

 

Days passed by after what happened, everything started to drift slowly apart for the couple.

 

Though at first it was not that of a matter since the younger girl tends to go on such state, the unusual change in the other’s behavior made the older girl became a little aware but decided not to say anything about it.

 

Today is no exception as her other half is being cold to her just like the past days. But since she didn’t want things to go out of hand, she remained her lips sealed, waiting for the other to finally open up to her.

 

Occasional fights are normal for any couple no matter how long it might take them to sort things out. She did not want to think that her spouse was giving up on them but she can’t help but count the possibility of it.

 

Wanting to do anything aside from the usual routine of going to work, something came onto the mind of the blonde so that she could clear her thoughts. She had been working late the past days and it doesn’t do anything but push her body to its limit.

 

Deciding to drop by the area where they first saw each other, Seulgi smiled at the sight. Even though the place was changed a little, the exact location where she met the love of her life still remained intact.

 

Caressing the tree that served as their witness, she then took down the memory lane as she remembered how everything started.

 

It was also a fine day like this and the event is still clear to her mind as if it just happened yesterday.

 

Going out so that she could take a breather at her demanding workload, the aspiring interior designer Kang Seulgi went for aimless driving as she turned the wheel to her car without much thought, wanting to relieve her building stress. The past few days had been one hell of a week so anything that doesn’t have to do with work might be the solution she was looking for.

 

Deciding to drop off somewhere unfamiliar, she then hit the brake, going down the sports vehicle as she scanned the surroundings in awe.

 

Walking along the seemingly wilderness growing on the still uncivilized area, she then admired the natural beauty of the surroundings, the growing trees and the blooming flowers along the green-green grass of hope.

 

And while she got lost at the tranquility and peacefulness of the place, a sudden noise was heard and it made her rather pointy ears perk up like a sensitive bunny would.

 

“Yah!!!!!”

 

Startled at the voice that came out of nowhere, the stunned mammal look-alike jumped from her spot beside a big tree, finding herself clutching the front part of her clothes because of pure shock.

 

She then found herself more surprised when the owner of the high pitch tone came invading her sight, as if she was someone who magically appeared out of nowhere.

 

“A girl?”

 

She then wondered, seeing a rather tall someone (taller than her even) wearing a black apron above her white polo shirt sleeves and brownish skirt.

 

Not knowing how long she had been staring, the other who was still unaware of her presence found herself shouting out her thoughts as she let out her frustrations.

 

And while she was listening, something about the pouty face and angry tone made the teddy bear continue eavesdropping until she let out a soft giggle at the randomness of the seemingly younger girl.

 

With them crossing each other’s gaze, a moment of peace happened until…

 

“Ah! You surprised me!”

 

The stranger said upon seeing her, almost having the same reaction she had a while ago. Apologizing for the lack of better thing to do, an awkward silence took place.

 

Blushing furiously when she realized that the other might had heard her ungraceful screaming, the tall one became red and immediately turned her back, slowly taking baby steps before it evolved into a full blown sprint.

 

It took a while of staying motionless before the dumb being finally registered the incident.

 

“What just happened?”

 

She then told no one as she wonders by herself.

 

*****
 

After the mind bugging occurrence a while ago, the mono eyelid lady couldn’t help but think about the girl who came out of nowhere, somehow, wanting to know more of the mysterious being.

 

“But then again, the city is big and I certainly don’t know where I will start”

 

She then said, the stress she had over the week disappeared along the wind and all she wanted to do now is to find the girl who caught her interest.

 

Strange enough, she finds herself passing by the humble bakery not too far, having this nagging feeling of going out to drop by for unknown reasons.

 

After a few minutes of internal debate of what-ifs, she finally decided to go and enter the place even though she was not the biggest fan of bread.

 

Upon going inside, she then saw the familiar girl in the front counter, offering a smile while taking the orders of their dearest customers.

 

Trying to come up with the best impression she could make, the eye smiling bear flashed her best charms as she went to order.

 

“Hi~”

 

She then said.

 

“Y-You…”

 

And with the other girl recognizing her as well, it was over a cup of tea and a red velvet cake that marked the friendship between the two of them.

 

And while she recalled the happening with a smile on her face, she felt her mood lightened and the blonde found herself in a better aura that she decided to finally go to work.

 

However, little did she know, everything will start to fall into place and the love she feel for her other half will be put to the ultimate test.

 

*****

 

“Hey, is this seat taken?”

 

Looking at the source of the voice that belonged to an older guy, a girl in her wheelchair suddenly grew terrified when she identified the group of boys as the ones from her elementary, the known rascals who have quite the reputation in their neighborhood.

 

“What are you talking about? Her seat is obviously taken! She even takes it with her every day!”

 

Said the one having this spiky like hairstyle. And with that said, the group of boys started laughing by themselves.

 

“Haha, you’ve got a nice toy here~ what does this thing do anyway?”

 

Pressing some random buttons, the poor girl began to feel her eyes started to mist, unable to do anything because of her condition. Now she feels like not only her feet is the part of her body being paralyzed.

 

“Please help me….”

 

But because she was afraid, she only sealed her lips and kept silent at the happening.

 

Not too far from her, another girl saw the whole happening.

 

Prolonging her gaze at the direction which took her interest, she then heaved a sigh when she realized the current situation. She then stretched her arms a bit before marching her way towards the crowd.

 

Entering the picture as if it was the most normal thing to do, she then found herself getting inside the circle of people, her hands reaching for the metallic chair as she lowered her head to meet the gaze of the frightened girl.

 

“Hey~ so you were here! I was looking all over for you. Sorry for waiting”

 

She then announced, flashing a very bright grin.

 

Not waiting for a chance to let anyone recover from the initial shock of her appearing out of nowhere, the stranger then squeezed herself in the middle of the chaos as she smiled warmly.

 

“Let’s go? Seungwan oppa had been looking for us”

 

Pushing the wheelchair forward nonchalantly, the bright looking savior made the poor victim stunned at the gesture, somehow, looking a bit like a character from somewhere the other can’t point a finger at.

 

Holding up her phone as if she was about to make a call, the group of guys felt like they shouldn’t be messing as they let the two of them pass, eventually letting the incident slip as they let them go without a fight.

 

Fortunately for the girls, no one got hurt and the two made it out alive.

 

However, the trip was an awkward silence, since neither talked after that. When they were good meters apart, a deep sigh was heard. They soon stopped moving and it was then when the smiley face stranger looked at the other with a pout on her face.

 

“Are you ok? Some people just don’t know the word respect”

 

She then said.

 

“I-I’m fine…T-Thank you…”

 

The girl then replied shyly.

 

“If you don’t know them, then don’t hesitate to shout. Just because you can’t fight, then it means they can bully you”

 

The other continued.

 

“T-Thank you…I will…keep that in mind”

 

Was the soft answer.

 

“Good! By the way, I’m Yeri~ Kim Yeri”

 

The dashing savior said with her very adorable smile.

 

Reaching out to the outstretched hand, the disabled girl felt a strong surge of warm emotions reaching her face before she could shake the rather warm hand.

 

“H-Hyein…Seo Hyein, but some call me Herin”

 

And with that said, the other smiled wider and it was then when they felt a strong connection that marked the start of something for the both of them.

 

*****

 

JOY POV

 

Waking up the usual time I do, I then sat up and blinked my eyes, somehow, trying to get a clear image of the girl at the other side of the bed.

 

But no matter how much I wanted to, I can no longer see her...

 

As the sad reality hit me, tears escaped my eyes once again.

 

This is what I had been most afraid of.

 

Hearing a shifting sound, I immediately turned my back to her as I hid my tear stained face as hard as I could.

 

A moment of silence took place before I heard another shuffling sound. Probably her waking up.

 

“Yah! Kang Joy!”

 

Attacking me at my side as soon as she sat up, it then got onto my nerves because I’m still feeling emotional and she is not really helping me feel better.

 

I then pushed her as hard as I could that she apologized almost instantly.

 

“I-I’m sorry…”

 

She then said, making me feel guilty. No matter how bad I might feel, it would be unfair for her to be getting such cold treatment.

 

“I-I’m…just...please leave me alone…”

 

I then told her with my turned back. Of course, being the oblivious person she is, she felt guilty for something she didn’t do.

 

Feeling how she withdraws her hand from my waist, she then wrapped her arms around my collar line wordlessly.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

She then said in a whisper, making me feel mixed emotions once more.

 

Please don’t say that, I should be the one apologizing. Tears fell on my eyes once again without consent.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

What am I suppose to say? How can I tell her…that I’m turning blind? What would become of me after this? I can’t help but think that I would be more of a burden than a companion in her life.

 

“I’m really sorry…”

 

And with her still holding onto me, my mind came to a decision, making me say some words that I didn’t imagine I would ever say.

 

SEULGI POV

 

Feeling how bright the room had become, I then woke up to see a back that is turned at me.

 

“That’s unusual…Is Joy still sleeping? But how come she’s sitting?”

 

Seeing how she remained still on her place, something felt really weird…this is not the girl I had known her to be.

 

Maybe she is in that time of the month again. I tried to convince myself, slowly getting up while staring at her unmoving figure.

 

Deciding to just shrug it off, I then did my usual as I sat up, running my hands on her sides to tickle her.

 

When I did however, she hissed at me that it made me feel bad. Of course I apologized immediately for what I did.

 

But then again, she was in such a foul mood and I can’t help but wonder what is going on with her.

 

I thought that if I would give her time and pretends that nothing changed, then maybe she’ll open up with me eventually, but she never did.

 

“Joy, if I did something wrong, then please tell me…”

 

I then hoped, wanting to hear the truth she had been hiding from me.

 

No matter how dumb, clueless and oblivious I am, I’m still a person with emotions and those feelings right now are being crushed by what she is doing.

 

Seeing how she tried to push me away, I did the opposite of what she is doing, enveloping her with my warmth as I gave her a back hug.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

I then said in a whisper, afraid that if I don’t, my voice will crack and she would know how much it hurts.

 

And with her giving up the fight, she held onto my arms strongly, so much that her fingers started to mark deep onto my skin.

 

Holding onto the moment for as long as I could, I felt her loosening a bit, slowly but gently removing her hold onto my arms.

 

She then tugged onto me and I get the impression that she wanted to tell me something. However, why do I feel something bad will happen if I let her do so? I then hold on, not wanting to listen no matter how much I wanted to hear what she has to say.

 

“Unnie…”

 

Starting her sentence with those words, it was then I proved my assumptions to be right.

 

No, please don’t. I don’t want to hear it…

 

Forcefully turning me to look at her, it was her tears that made my mind turn blank as the words leave , making me wide eye as I let my own tears flow, filling me with unknown emotions before my vision turns red with rage.

 

*****

 

“Hey Seul, stop it!”

 

Passing by a drinking stall since one of her employees told her a saddening news in such early in the morning, the owner of ‘Son Arts and Designs’ made her appearance to the place to confirm it for herself, surprisingly finding her best friend slash interior designer chugging down her who-know-how-many glass of alcoholic drink in broad daylights.

 

“Hey, keep yourself together will you”

 

The shorter one said, seeing how her buddy was not even listening to her and just keep on pouring the soju glass one by one onto her waiting throat.

 

“Just f***ing leave me alone! I don’t want to live anymore!”

 

The usually calm lady said in a strong hiss, swinging the object in the air like the drunken person she had become, eventually falling onto the ground due to lack of balance.

 

“Calm down bear, just tell me what happened first”

 

Of course, being the understanding friend she is, the other avoided the spat of anger and rushed to help instead.

 

“I don’t want to do it! I will never!”

 

Speaking non-sense because of intoxication, the other let out a sigh before she looked at the taller one, seeing how the mono eyelid girl’s eyes glistened with tears as she spoke of more cursing words.

 

“Look, I don’t know what happened but I’m sure it has something to do with Joy. So if you’ll save the scandalous ranting for later, I’ll listen to you along a bottle or two in a more peaceful way if you want.

 

Hearing what the other has to say, it was that time when the other nodded and gave her a bear hug, before passing out in her arms.

 

“Great, just great”

 

Wendy, who had been nice enough to her friend, said in exasperated sigh. It will surely be a long day for her. She then did both of them a favor and got out of the place.

 

Setting down the unconscious being onto the back ride of her car, it was when she was about to call it the ‘worst day ever’ that a bright colored something caught her sight.

 

Turning her head from left to right, it was the pink post it that was on her car’s window that made her wide eye, reading the neatly written words as she wondered who on earth wrote those to her.

 

When she was unable to find the answer, she shrugged off the happening and went onto the midnight blue automobile, positioning herself on the driver’s seat before gearing up the vehicle.

 

And while she occasionally check on her still knocked out buddy on the rear view mirror, the post it that she stuck on the wheel handle made her smile all throughout the ride.

 

It was just plain :) emoticon with a “please drive safely” on the right lower part of the square shaped paper.

 

And though it was just a simple message, it made her feel thankful for whoever this kind person is.

 

*****

 

Passing by a truck that was unloading lots of stuff, the bright girl from before found herself staring, looking at the person on the other side of the road that was carefully helping two adults in carrying the items into the new house.

 

“Oh, they must be the our new neighbors”

 

She then assumed, looking at the diligent damsel.

 

Seeing how a book fell off from the large vehicle, she didn’t hesitate and had helped like the kind girl she is.

 

“Miss, here~”

 

She then said with her signature smile.

 

Nodding a little at her, she understood the small gesture to be that of gratitude.

 

“I’m Kim Yeri, your family must be our new neighbor?”

 

She introduced soon after.

 

Pointing at the other side, the other girl suddenly waved goodbye before rushing off and leaving her to wonder what just happened.

 

“Ok…I’m guessing she is really just the shy type”

 

Giggling at her own words, it was when she was about to go in her house when she saw the other, stealing a glance at her from the pillar of her home’s front door.

 

Seeing how the other hid herself, it then made her bow and smile in return.

 

Hiding herself once again, the bright looking lass tried to see the timid one as she thought about something.

 

Pulling out her phone, she then typed some words before flashing the Korean characters onto the screen in a side scrolling manner.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

Were the words she wanted to ask.

 

Upon getting the idea, the other took her own device and replied back to her.

 

“I’m sorry about earlier…I’m Kim Sung Kyung…”

 

Laughing at the successful attempt at befriending the other, it was only a few days after she met a friend and now she meets another one.

 

“Kim Yeri…you are one such lucky girl”                                        

 

She then told herself, feeling how these encounters started to mean something for her.

 

And with how the other girl smiled to her in a very charming way, she then knew to her heart that she was indeed such a fortunate person.

 

- TO BE CONTINUED -
 


Whoo! Chapter 2 finally done! Yes yes I know, some of you might be asking why am I pulling this ansyty stuff again? But before you all decide to throw tomatoes at me then I will asure you now that despite all the drama, it will have a great end ok? Well, at least in my dictionary it is. Haha XD

 

And yes, if SM can't give Yeri a pair, then I'm giving her 2~! You read it right people, the prospective girls are from the SMRookies, namely Herin and Lami. To why them, well, I just feel like it! Plus, they are younger~ ^_^

 

So if you can help me decide, then I will take your vote for who will be our Yeri's pair! Don't forget to comment me below for any suggestions~ >_<

 

Anyway, I don't know if I said whatever I needed to say but I guess thats it~ The whole story isn't exactly long, maybe about 9-10 chapters long. So please, if you can spare me a little bit of your thoughts, I would really appreciate it. Update Hwaiting~! ChicBears and Shippers hwaiting!

 

Lastly, see you in Chapter 3~ Jya neh! ^^;