Routine

It's LOVE

Prologue

 

“Zzzzz”

 

As loud snoring like noise filled the small room, soft mumbling whisper follows while two ladies lied on their shared bed, facing each other with their joined hands while being wrapped on their white blanket.

 

And while the sun shined its bright rays upon their slightly opened window blinds, light slowly illuminates the whole place.

 

Opening her eyes first, a girl who had this orange colored hair soon flicks her eyelids, blinking twice before a blurry image registered on her vision.

 

When the image of the older one finally turned vivid, she then smiled almost instantly, not forgetting to chuckle when the person in question suddenly turned her back on her, eventually lifting her arms in an uncomfortable position as if she had done something wrong and was being punished by the school teacher.

 

It then made her smile even wider until her eyes disappeared in a thin crescent like shape.

 

“Honey~”

 

She then said, slowly nudging the still knocked out individual.

 

“Wake up you sleepy mammal~”

 

Slowly patting the other’s back, the soft hitting became full blown smacking and it finally made the owner turn to her with her squinted eyes and a grumpy looking face.

 

Waking up at the continued beating, the blonde girl sat up and suddenly hovered above the taller one whom she pined below her, menacingly looking at her with her mono eyelids while she bit her lower lip.

 

“You are so dead Joy…”

 

Laughing devilishy, every day in her life, Park Sooyoung, or mostly known as Joy to many, lives her fullest in the arms of her one true love.

 

“It’s your fault for snoring loudly Seul”

 

She then retorted.

 

“Ah! Why you~”

 

And with those as her finals words, the so-called sleepy head opened her eyes wide and looked at the other with who-knows-what-kind-of-plan on her mind.

 

Chapter One: Routine

 

JOY POV

 

I love my mornings, every day in my life, even if her loud snore tends to wake me up, I still get my revenge by beating the heck out of her.

 

“Yah! I told you to stop hitting me every time! You~”

 

Tickling my sides as soon as she sat up, I then tried to get out of her hold that was surprisingly strong, not letting me breathe properly as I surrendered to her slender fingers.

 

She then made me laugh until I can’t take it anymore.

 

“I can’t hear you~”

 

Struggling to follow her demand in exchange of letting me go, I then shouted my words.

 

“Haha…I-I’m s-sorry ok? Haha…It’s not my fault…you…were…haha… hibernating!”

 

Finally stopping her assaults, she then landed a large pillow on my face before she flopped beside me almost lifelessly.

 

“I won’t be able to go back to sleep now”

 

She then said.

 

Laughing at her antics, I then got the fluffy material before slapping it right back on her face.

 

“You lazy bum, just wake up. It’s time for breakfast anyway”

 

With this as our daily morning routine, I knew I was living the life I ever wanted.

 

SEULGI POV

 

Fully waking up to the smell of something being fried, I then got up and follow my spouse who was diligently making our meal, her hair tied in a messy pony tail yet still managing to look like a walking goddess in the early morning.

 

And while I stared at the end of her orange locks, I knew it’s what the color that suited her best and it made me smile at the cute scenario unfolding.

 

Humming to a very catchy tune of a song, she then puts everything onto the mixing bowl where she puts about 4 pieces of eggs before tossing every vegetable she previously cuts.

 

She calls it, ‘food with everything’. I call it, ‘egg disaster’.

 

“You’re staring at me again, come here if you want to grab a bite”

 

Smiling widely at her evil tone, I then shook my head.

 

When we are done with breakfast, I then watched her do the dishes happily, as if she is destined to be the other half she had sworn to be.

 

She even told me to keep my hands off the laundry since my washing skills is no better than my cooking skills. She always insists on doing this kind of stuff.

 

And of course, aside from that, I think it’s because she was made to believe that the “wife” should be doing the house chores. Not that I’m incapable of doing so, it’s just that she forcefully shoved the “husband” role onto me by letting me do all the working, and yeah, more like paying our bills.

 

“Hey young lady, what is the meaning of this receipt? You ordered chicken last night again?”

 

Immediately turning puppy eyes and pouty lips at me for catching her red handed, I then heaved a heavy sigh.

 

“Just be glad I love you too much”

 

At my usual reply to her failed innocent look, she then clinged to me and told me a cheesy “thank you~” and it made me cringe at her extreme aegyo.

 

However, despite every though mornings, I knew I was living the life I ever wanted.

 

*****
 

“You sure you don’t want me to drive for you? It’s still early and I have the time to spare”

 

Upon coming down on their apartment unit, the tall duo came onto the picture with a well dressed blonde and a casual looking orange haired girl trailing behind her.

 

“Yes and No. You shouldn’t be taking advantage that your friend owns the company you work for. Besides, I’ll be fine. I’d been doing this since childhood anyways”

 

Wanting to protest at the words, the older girl couldn’t help but feel like she was being a bad spouse.

 

“But Joy…”

 

Fixing the tie of the shorter one, the other gave a wide smile.

 

“Don’t give me that guilty look. Besides, you’re going to get late if you will insist Ms. Interior Designer, so just go~”

 

Pushing the other forcefully onto the waiting ride, the teddy bear look alike just let out her usual sigh of defeat.

 

“Fine, but let me at least see you off first? I’ll go when you get onto the bus”

 

Nodding at the deal, the younger girl waved a goodbye. Seeing the leaving image, at the back of her nagging heart, it made the mono eyelid lady shout with all her might.

 

“Sooyoung ah!”

 

She then said when the other was a few meters apart.

 

“Yes?”

 

Hesitating for a while, she then eye smiled at her.

 

“...Take care ok? I love you…”

 

Nodding at the words, the taller girl gave her simple reply.

 

“I love you too”

 

*****
 

Commuting her way to work because she refused to get escorted by the older girl, Joy took the bus, got off her stop and walk her way to her work place (which was a bakery) just like any other normal day, not forgetting to smile to her colleagues that were also her same aged friends from a previous high school.

 

“Hey Hayoung ah, Yerin ah, good morning~”

 

She greeted charmingly.

 

Raising an eyebrow at the words spoken, the girls who were called gave each other confused look before returning their gaze back at the giant baby.

 

“Sooyoungie? That’s Gyuri unnie…Hayoungie is on leave today”

 

The girl having this full bangs said, worried for the cashier who rarely mistook someone’s face for another.

 

“Eh?”

 

Blinking twice at the words, Joy rubbed the mistaken orbs before finally realizing her mistake.

 

“Ah! Unnie, I’m sorry”

 

She then bowed in apology.

 

Dismissing the cute error, the older woman just smile at her and patted her head. It was sometimes said she could pass as the older sister of the missing in action employee so she didn’t mind.

 

“Sorry again un- opps!”

 

Feeling like her knees suddenly gave up on her, if it wasn’t for the nearby chair, then she could have fallen on ground already.

 

“You ok? Lacking sleep lately? Don’t overdo it kid, that bear would bombard us with questions if ever you pass out here”

 

Gyuri, who was the resident manager, then said.

 

“Don’t worry unnie. I’m fine, just a little tired lately but still fine”

 

And with that said, Joy left them before she entered the employees changing room.

 

Inside the place however, she then sat down in defeat, almost slumping to the ground as tears fall from her eyes.

 

She remembered along her commute that her vision was becoming hazy and the incident earlier only confirmed her suspicions.

 

“T-This can’t be happening right?”

 

And with how the blurry image of her hands seems to worsen, she then buried her face onto her palms.

 

She knew it was coming, the day she feared most is now happening. Having ignored it in the past, she knew what it was that she had neglected.

 

*****

 

Deciding to finally get her condition checked, Joy didn’t waste any time as she now visits a same-name senior whom she knew that will be able to help her because of the other’s vocation to eradicate this kind of illness, in which she couldn’t even pronounce properly.

 

“I’m sorry for disturbing you unnie…”

 

Shaking her head at the apologetic dongsaeng, the taller one led her to the clinic that will check-up her state.

 

“You’re not disturbing ok? I’m glad you came to me for help. Have you told...your spouse about this?”

 

She then asked, in which the other remained silent about.

 

“Sooyoung ah…”

 

Lifting up at the sound of her real name, the orange haired girl shook her head.

 

“I don’t…want her to know unnie…at least not until I’ve confirmed it”

 

Giving a small nod in understanding, the older girl gave her a warm hug as she assures the other that it will be alright.

 

“Just pray Joy...believe in him…”

 

Holding back the urge to cry, the younger girl gathered all her strength. Whatever the outcome might be, she knows she had to be strong no matter what. Taking slow steps, she reluctantly separated herself at the taller girl before she entered a white colored room.

 

After the long examination, the dreading results were being shown to her with half of the doctor’s words not entering her now clouded mind. By the looks of it, she didn’t have to fully understand what the man was talking about to know what is happening to her.

 

Not wanting to shed a tear for the unfortunate happening, it was the image of a smiling girl that made her break loose and the emotion she was holding back suddenly poured down like the heavy rain.

 

“Seulgi…”

 

Not wanting to accept the reality as it is, all she was able to do is let her tears flow as the throbbing in her heart increases in a suffocating pain.

 

“I’m…sorry…”

 

Burying herself onto her palms once again, she cried her heart out until she could no longer feel anything.

 

- TO BE CONTINUED -

 

Hey guys~ Happy JoyGi day~ ^_^

Well, judging by the last line, this story is an on-going this time. It will be my first so if you can accompany me until the end, then it would be my honor. :)

 

I actually got the idea to write when I watched some inspiring mini-movie clips/videos. For the sake of spoilers, I won't reveal the titles yet (but by the end of the ff I will give proper credits), so if ever you will notice, then please do me a favor and let me write a fanfic version. I haven't read much JoyGi lately so I'm not even sure if I will or had written something similar, but if I did/do, please do inform me so, I don't want to create any misunderstandings. 

 

Anyway, I think I posted long enough though I'm not sure I had said everything I wanted to say. Do keep updated and I will see you in Chapter 2. 

Jya neh~ ^^;