Of Trying Out, Aegyo and Nicknames

Always Jinyoung
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ever since Mark moved from LA to South Korea alone and with zero Hangul speaking skills, he didn’t bother trying new things. Leaving his comfortable LA lifestyle and the people he had known since he was in kindergarten for South Korea was too overwhelming for the 17 year old. Now that he found his comfort zone (which involved school-friends-dorm on weekdays and mall-skate park-basketball court on weekends) in the foreign country he now considered his second home, all he wanted to do was stay there for as long as possible…

Which is why he cannot connect the dots on how he ended up in their school gym, wearing his basketball attire, and is lining up for the varsity team try-outs. He looks calm and cool on the outside but on the inside, his mind is running at 100 miles per minute because again, Mark doesn't like adjusting to, well, anything. Trying out for the basketball team means he has to show off his skills in front of a crowd and deal with a nervous breakdown before the actual showing off. And if he does get in (who is he kidding, Mark has superb basketball skills), he needs to adjust his after class schedule to be able to accommodate the practice sessions. And tournaments... don't even get him started on the tournaments. So why did he sign up for this in the first place? Anyone close to Mark knows pushing him to do something he has no intention on doing is like watching hell break loose... 

This sudden enlightenment leads Mark to discreetly shift his right foot towards the exit door (he's close to the door after all), ready to ditch the whole thing… when his eyes suddenly meets with the eyes of the person who persuaded him to be there in the first place.

Jinyoung. Or Jinyoungie - the name Mark uses to ca

Please log in to read the full chapter