Final

Nobody Understands

 

 

"Ugh," Eunmi groaned as she silenced her alarm and got out of bed for a new day, school day to be exact. She managed to do her morning routine a bit faster today than usual.

 

As she was waiting for her ride to school, she looked in the mirror, frowning at herself, "I can do this. I can get through the day without breaking down." She exhaled deeply and went out as her ride has arrrived.

 

----------

 

She arrived at school early, like how she usually does. She went to her classroom to see two of her classmates, sleeping on their desks. Chuckling silently, she proceeded to her own seat and sat down to sleep for a bit as well.

 

Hours have passed and by now she's already in her fifth subject. "Two more subjects to go and I can finally get out of this place." She whispered, making her seatmate, aka her bestfriend, Jihye, chuckle at her. "I know right, I just want to stay at home and cuddle with my teddy bear." Jihye said as she pouted, probably because she misses her teddy bear. 

 

"So, Eunmi, does he still have a chance?" asked her teacher. Their topic right now was  about love because they just finished reading a nice love story. As much as Eunmi was annoyed, she couldn't actually do anything because, well, she's a nice student. As a response, she just scoffed silently and smiled politely, hoping for her teacher to just drop the topic.

 

----------

 

It was finally lunch time! But some of her classmates never failed to annoy her in a time like this. "Eunmi-ah, Yixing said-" their classmate, Chanyeol, suddenly stopped talking as Yixing had shut him up with his hand. Yixing whispered into Chanyeol's ear, frowning. Eunmi, of course, never showed attention to the two. "Just go after her, I'll help you." Seungji, Chanyeol's girlfriend, said in a very loud voice, obviously because she wants Eunmi to hear. "Let's just stop, okay?" Yixing said in annoyed manner.

 

Eunmi and Jihye stood up to go outside and walk around. Eunmi sighed, but it went unnoticed by her best friend, like how she wants it. Eunmi isn't the type of girl to blurt out her feelings, you see. Even though she has Jihye by her side, she just can't bring herself to tell Jihye her feelings. Sure, she looks a bit cold and careless on the outside, but on the inside she actually needs someone to understand her. 

 

----------

 

School finally finished and she went home as soon as the bell rang, not forgetting to say goodbye to Jihye though. She went online as soon as she got home, but to her confusion, she received a message from Yixing.

 

Yixing: "Hey babe. :)"

 

Eunmi frowned and sighed deeply. "Now what does this kid want." She typed on her phone in an annoyed manner, 

 

Eunmi: "What babe? If you forgot, we've been done for a long time. Please just stop and leave me alone."

 

Eunmi sent the message, only to receive a reply in less than a minute.

 

Yixing: "I'm sorry. You don't need to reply to this. Bye."

 

Eunmi, of course, didn't bother to reply anymore. She lied on her bed, looking at the ceiling. "Why does my life have to be so complicated?" She thought, with a tear running down her face. 

 

"I'm just pushing you away because I know I won't be able to repay the love you're giving me. I don't want you to get hurt because of me, though I know you're already getting hurt by me pushing you away." Eunmi wiped away her tears, and hid under the blankets.