date 1

Double Date

It was the last day before winter break, Seulgi had a spare, so did Seungwan.  The two girls were sitting at a table in the school library, Seulgi was finishing up some homework from the night before while Seungwan was reading a novel.


"Seulgi, have you ever dated anyone?" It was a bit of an unexpected question coming from Seungwan, but Seulgi answered, "Of course."  

That was a huge lie.  Seulgi had never dated before, in eighth grade she and her best friend pretended to date because so many girls were chasing after him and the same for Seulgi (except it was guys), they had gone on multiple "dates" for a year then "broke up" the summer before they started high school.

"Have you?"  She asked leaning closer to her friend across the table.  A small blush began to creep up Seungwan's neck and soon spread across her face, causing her to look away and cover her face with her hands.  She was in eleventh grade and never dated or even had her first kiss yet.

"N-No." She stuttered, feeling extremely embarrassed, she then heard a small chuckle and soon felt a hand her upper arm, "Hey.  It's perfectly fine that you haven't dated anyone yet, my mom didn't date anyone until she was in her second year of college." Seungwan looked up to see Seulgi giving her a reassuring smile.

"Anyway, why'd you ask me that?" Seulgi asked as she sat back into her chair.  

Seungwan awkwardly shifted in her chair for a while, her blush came back.

"You know Sehun right?"  Seungwan asked, 

"Oh Sehun?" Seungwan nodded, "Of course I do, he's like the school's prince or something.  Anyway, continue."

"Well, he asked me out."

Seulgi felt a pang in her chest.  Seulgi had been crushing on Seungwan ever since she met her in the math class at the beginning of freshmen year.  Seungwan noticed how Seulgi's expression changed, "Seulgi?  Are you okay?"  causing Seulgi's expression to go back to normal,  "Of course I'm okay, I'm just shocked that he asked you out."

"Hey!" Seungwan laughed punching Seulgi's arm lightly, "Anyway, I was wondering if you could come with me to the date."

"Like a double date?" Seungwan nodded, "But that means I have to find a date." she groaned.

"You'll be able to find a date like that." Seungwan snapped her fingers, "You're really pretty Seulgi, any guy would date you.  I think you've already turned some of the girls in our school gay." That caused Seulgi to laugh loud enough for the teacher to walk up to their table and tell the two to be quiet.

"It'll be easy for you to find a date, I promise." Seungwan told her just as the bell rung, "Anyway, see you later Seulgi!  Text me when you find a date and I'll send you the details!"  Seungwan waved goodbye to Seulgi before disappearing into the crowd.

Seulgi stood still for a little while until she slapped her hand on her forehead, "Who the am I going take as my date?" and started walking towards her locker.

Seulgi closed her locker and began walking to the school's front doors, when she saw him.  Of course! Why didn't she think of it before!  He could be her date.  Seulgi stared running towards him.

"Jongin!  Pretend to be my date!" Was all Kim Jongin heard before he was pushed against the lockers by his best friend, Kang Seulgi.

Jongin groaned in pain as he got smashed into the lockers.

"What do you mean be your date?  You already know I'm gsy, you retard."  Jongin pushed the young girl and started walking away from her.

That's why I said pretend.  You know Seungwan right?"  She asked as she caught up to him, swinging her arm around his waist (because, even though Seulgi was fairly tall, Jongin was a giraffed compared to her)

"Who?  Oh you mean the girl that you always talk about and swoon over and take pictures of when you think no one's looking?  No I don't."  Jongin replied, Seulgi gave him a dull look.

" No need to be sassy." she mumbled, "Anyways, she invited me on a double date."

"So?"

"Can you be my date?"

"Why?"

"To make her jealous."

Jongin grabbed Seulgi's arm and placed it by her side, "Sorry Seul, you're gonna have to find someone else."  Jongin said, turning away from the girl.

"Her date's Oh Sehun." That caused Jongin to freeze in his place, Seulgi smirked.

Jongin sighed, turning around.

"I'll do it."

"I knew you'd do it if I said his name!" She cheered, jumping in the air, only to be punched in the gut.

Later that night, Seulgi texted Seungwan that she had found a date.

SS to KS:
Ha!  I told you!  I knew you'd find a date in no time!

That caused Seulgi to chuckle, they had texted for a little while longer, planning where they would go and what time they should meet, until then Seungwan said she was going to bed.  Soon after  Seulgi called Jongin,

"This better be important because you just woke me up." Jongin grumbled, "I'm coming over." Seulgi said, Jongin ended the phone call before she could.  Seulgi lived across the street from Jongin, so it was pretty easy to get to his house.  Jongin's room was on the first floor and his window was always open so Seulgi would always get into to his house that way.  She climbed into his room and turned the light on, "Wake up!  I'm gonna tell you the details for the date."  Jongin groaned, "I am up."  

"Okay, anyway.  Seungwan and I were texting and we planned that the date will be next Saturday around-  Jongin?" Jongin had gone back to sleep, Seulgi sighed walking out of his room, to the kitchen.  Jongin's parents were in the living room watching some drama as she passed by,

"Hi Mr and Mrs.Kim." Seulgi said and the two waved at her not turning around or questioning why she was there, she walked into the kitchen grabbing a few ice cubes and walked back to Jongin's room.

Minutes later a scream rang through the house, Jongin's mother looked at her husband, Mr.Kim chuckled, "Their friendship really is one of a kind." he said and the two returned their attention back to the television.
 


word count: 1053