First

Real Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin’s POV

“You may go now,” Mr. Yang said to finalize our short yet crucial meeting at his office. With that, I bowed before him and thanked him, then left the room. As I closed the door, a sigh of defeat escaped my mouth.

I opened the door to our training room, only to find six guys, or should I say boys, fooling around, sleeping, and doing anything else but practicing. I only left them for 5 minutes and I remembered very well this was not how I left them to be. I didn't really feel like wasting my last bit energy on them that time so I just cleared my throat, taking their attentions. All six of them looked at my direction then scrambled like chickens back to their told positions before for practice. We were just practicing our dance rehearsal when Jena, Mr. Yang’s assistant, told me to go to Mr. Yang’s office.

“Hanbin-ssi, I think I’m going to postpone iKON’s debut.”

“Pardon me, Sir, postpone? But why?”

Mr. Yang sighed. “The problem with your father is a serious problem. I don’t want a group to debut with their leader in a state like this.” He paused for a second. “Hmm… I think you deserve a week off.”

“A week off? But you just gave us a one-month-vacation, Sir,” Hanbin said slightly in protest. “We must begin to practice again.”

“No, Hanbin. I’m giving this week off to you. You really need to loosen. Stress is already taking on you.”

“But Mr. Yang, I really don’t need that. I’m fine, and I want to pr-“

“I insist. You can practice again on January 12.”

I stood there quiet for a few seconds then sighed. “Ne. Kamsahamnida, Sir,” I said, finally giving in.

“You may go now.”

“Sorry, Hanbin. We thought we could take a short break,” Jiwon said, his hand rubbing the back of his neck. I cleared my wandering thoughts.

“Ne, it’s okay, hyung.” I glanced to the clock on my right. It was already half past ten. “I think we should go home now. We’ve been practicing since morning,” I said shortly.

Yunhyeong’s POV

“I think we should go home now. We’ve been practicing since morning.”

I glanced furtively at Jinhwan hyung. He too glanced at me with a questioning look on his face. Hanbin was 180° different from when he left us to go to Mr. Yang. His voice sounded soft and tired, not like the usual scary leader we know. The looks in his eyes were also pitiful. We usually end practice at 12, but when Hanbin says so, we do. We started to gather our bags and things. We couldn’t argue with Hanbin on this cause we really were tired. Our energy was drained. Jiwon and Junhoe were the first to leave the training room, followed by Donghyuk and Chanwoo. Hanbin was still getting his things inside the studio so me and Jinhwan decided to check on him.

“Hyungs, what’s up?” Hanbin looked up, still putting his things into his backpack.

“Hanbin, are you okay?” Jinhwan started.

“Of course I’m okay, wae?”

“We’re serious, Hanbin. What did Mr. Yang tell you?” I shot.

Hanbin looked up to see our faces, then sighed. “Mr. Yang said he’s postponing our debut."

“Postpone? For how long?” Jinhwan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter