1/2

Defining Perfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello! First things first, did you read the prequel? If not, check it out here! This oneshot can stand on its own, but there will be references to the prequel. I would like to apologize for how long this is taking me to write. I got stuck mid-way of writing and I can't bare with it anymore, so I will just post the first half and turn this one-shot into a two-shot. Enjoy~ 

~*~

"Dr. Sun?" was the respond Sehun's mentor gave upon evaluating Sehun's class schedule. 

"Y-yes, I'll be taking the Honors Creative Writing course with him." Sehun stammered a bit, praying that his mentor wouldn't be mad now knowing Sehun had decided to take another professor's class over her's. 

Dr. Lee looked at him, for a moment Sehun thought she would reprimand him for not taking her WRITE class, but her face suddenly softened. "If that's what you want. Heaven knows I'd go with anything just to get you back into finishing your degree." Sehun gave a sheepish smile at that. "However, I must warn you," her tone changed all of the sudden and Sehun quickly withdrew his smile, putting on an equally serious face. "Dr. Sun is very different. I've read one of his published work, even though I cannot say he isn't a brilliant man, he does not follow many literary devices and rules. Many students found it hard to keep up with his requirements.” She tapped Sehun's schedule again before returning it to him. "Be diligent Sehun, you need a very good grade for such a course."

Sehun nodded. He bid Dr. Lee good bye and walked out of her office. 

The walk back home was a silent one, one that the Sehun from six months would definitely enjoy. The quiet was good for him, it always allowed Sehun to sink deep into his mind and get lost in his thoughts, his fantasies, his story plots. Perhaps today the main protagonist will find his true love, or perhaps have the antagonist in a duel of honour with his lover... But the Sehun now was different from the one months ago, all he could think was how lonely it felt to walk alone, how he couldn't wait to get home and...

He saw the familiar building ahead and quickened his pace. Fumbling a bit with his keys, he pulled out the right one and unlocked the doors. "I am back!" He exclaimed, a grin on his face.

Silent greeted him, Sehun frowned a bit, shoulders dropping at the lack of a proper welcome home. 

"Huh..." Sehun wondered out loud, "strange." Taking off his runners, he stepped into comfortable slippers. "Luhan?" He walked into the kitchen, smiling a bit at the washed dishes on the drying racks - they woke up early enough to have breakfast this morning. "Babe?" He walked passed their bedroom, finding the messy bed empty. "Where are y- oh." 

He found Luhan in his studio, wearing a cream coloured sweater. A turf of messy brown hair showing as his face was buried in his arms. His right hand holding a medium size paintbrush dipped with baby blue ink. There wasn't a doubt that Luhan had fallen asleep in the middle of a painting again. There were blobs of blue paint on the floor and some on Luhan’s white fuzzy slippers - now decorated with blue polka dots - silently accusing their owner of his messiness. 

Sehun had to laugh at the scene, it was too adorable not to, though he couldn't say the same for Luhan's slippers. Then again, perhaps they could finally get those couple slippers Luhan had always wanted. 

Sehun walked over to his boyfriend quietly. Careful not to step on the paint, he reached for the paintbrush, tucking it gently out of Luhan's hand. He looked at the canvas on the table, smiling again at the picture. Sehun could only make out what looked like a soon to be lake, some greens and a white shape in the mass of blue. A swan? He thought. Settling the paintbrush on the tray, Sehun decided to wake Luhan up. He didn't want to disturb his lover from his slumber, but he doubt Luhan was getting a good sleep, given the awkward position he was in. 

He nudged the smaller gently. "Hey baby, it's time to get up." He heard a little whine coming from under, and nudged Luhan again. "You're not going to be able to sleep tonight if you sleep too much now," Sehun tried to reason. 

"Hmph," came the muffled reply, indicating his displeasure at being wakened. 

"Come on, I'll make you a caramel latte." He pulled his last card, patting Luhan's head in attempt to tame those tangled hazel locks. 

"Macchiato" was Luhan's first actual word spoken since Sehun came home. 

Sehun chuckled, Luhan had found his new love in coffee, moving from the caffè latte to a latte macchiato. It was a shock to Sehun when he found out, most people could not even tell the difference between the two. But Luhan, when Sehun had made the macchiato instead that morning, immediately tasted the difference. "Good difference," Luhan had said with a lopsided smile - Sehun's poor heart thumped even harder at that sight - the smaller liked the strong initial taste offered in a macchiato, then turning sweeter with each following sip. 

Hence Sehun, with a sleepy Luhan in tow, made a beeline to the kitchen. Leaving Luhan on the kitchen stool, Sehun quickly worked his way around the little coffee machine they have in their home . As he prepares the macchiato, his train of thoughts couldn't help but trailed elsewhere. 

One hundred days. It had been approximately 100 days with Luhan. If someone had came up to Sehun months ago and told him the life he would be living now, he would have laughed and waved the person off. He had never imagined living such a domestic life, at least not at such a young age. Then again it wasn't surprising why he had thought that way. Four years ago he was a young adult with a stomach full of poems. He spoke in rhymes and haikus, annoying the heck out of many friends of his. A year ago he was a confused young man, no longer sure whether a life of rigorous studying was what he wanted. Sehun had lost his direction, his purpose for studying then seemed silly, so he decided to stop for a while, and it was the best decision he made.

"You're smiling, silly. What are you thinking about?" The image of Sehun's past dispersed as he felt a warm body being pressed against his back. The smile, which Sehun had just realized he now wore, faltered natural

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter