001

Take Me Away

I remembered your face, your familiar scent. Now I'm inside this cold house. What am I supposed to do without you? Why did you leave me? I leave myself confused with all these buzzing questions. The tears fall as I recall our memories. It hurts, my chest, my heart and my head. I calmed myself down as I heard the door have a slight knock on it. 

       “Ajushi? What are you doing here on a Sunday?” I asked. 

         “I'm here to give you a package..it seems weird huh?” He says handing me a package. 

         “Thank you ajushi..I'm thankful..” I whisper. 

        “No problem young man.” 

I closed the door and grabbed a packaging knife. I stabbed into the tape making a tearing noise. I looked inside the box which contained a notecard and a small black box. I put the notecard to the side as I stuck the knife into the black box. A sketch book fell out. 

In gold lettering the name: "Cha ____" was printed. I was confused and opened to the first page. It contained a small disclaimer to return it if it was found ever. But this disclaimer was now useless. I looked at the page where you wrote. 

Memories 001- I always loved how we'd swing on the swings and everyone would give us weird stares. That day, we had our first ever kiss. That day, you saved me from someone. You helped me get rid of my nervousness. I'm thankful to have someone like you, Kevin. 

That was the end of the first thing she wrote. I was still wondering why it was short. Why didn't she write anything more? I turned to another page to find a sketch of me looking out a window. This drawing was during class,  she probably admired me. She wrote in her neat handwriting: "The One Who Will Never Notice..". She was felt as if she was hopeless when we first met. I slightly smiled and turned the page. It was another sketch that was never finished. It was half shaded and half unfinished. The sketch was of a girl looking directly at me. The girl's outfit was not shaded while the rest of her face, hair, eyes were. The words surrounding the girls scared me. In bold lettering the words: "FAT, UGLY, LOSER, STUPID, DIE" were printed. I was stunned..most of the time ___ did more happier sketches then sad. 

I stared at the sketch once more before turning the page. The next page contained a small note and next to it was a picture of Angel. The note read: 

I just want a guardian angel. Someone who will protect me and will respect me. I don't need anyone to take me away and fly with them. It would feel alright just to have someone on my side for once. Everyone's betrayed me. I'm confused. 

I began to hum the familiar tune I sang. The song was called "Take Me Away". I felt beyond dead without you. I still asked myself why you left me. Why you aren't here. I'm still confused in my own mind. I have to accept that you've passed away. I tell myself that you're still out there waiting for me. I grabbed my coat and hat to didn't even bother to grab an umbrella. Today, I didn't bring an umbrella. I saw someone who looked just like you. Her face was like your's. Her long brown hair and her white and black printed umbrella. 

I was stunned to see her come closer to me. She sat me down on bench and put out the umbrella onto my head. 

 

"Hi name's ___. How are you?” She asked. 

I was shocked. How did she have my __'s name? 

--

CONTINUED.