The Prank

Seohyun's Second April Fools' Day Prank

A/N: Guizzz... I'm so sorry I took so long :\ I was in New York for 5 days and I didn't realize the Internet wasn't free so I couldn't post. Dx. Well, here's the first update! As I wrote this, I realize it's not going to be a one-shot like last time. It got way to complicated and convoluted and I needed a break from writing. Here goes nothing!

--

Seohyun’s PoV:

 

소녀시대:
Eonnis, can you guys please go to the dorm ASAP.
I have some important news.

 

I sat at the sofa contemplating my decisions.

Today was April 1st, 2015 and for the second time in my life, I am going to prank my members.

In the past, I pulled something pretty crazy. I can’t describe the details, but let’s just say, I still can’t believe I did it.

And I’m going to do something crazy again.

I think of any negative outcomes. The members might be mad again, but I can deal with that. I may be banned from doing any pranks. I’m still okay with it. I’m never going to hear the end of it from Hyoyeon-eonni… hm… I’ll deal with it.

The girls need it anyways! We’ve been so high strung from everything that’s happened, a little joke wouldn’t hurt!

 

소녀시대:
Eonnis, I have something to say…
Please come to the dorm as soon as possible.
Sooyoung: What’s up Seobaby?
Hyoyeon: I’ll be there in 5 minutes. Just finished up a photoshoot.
Yoona: I’m coming from the studio. Will be there ASAP. Is everything okay?
It’s kinda important.
Taeyeon: What’s wrong Juhyun?
Tiffany: Don’t be so ambiguous!
Yuri: I’m coming from my apartment. I might take longer, but start without me. Send me the deets!
Sunny: I’m tell the broadcast station I’ll be late for my radio show.

 

Oh, shoot. I forgot about that… How could I be so careless?!

 

소녀시대:
I don’t want you to miss your show…
Sunny: It’s okay Seohyunnie~ I can always work overtime. If it’s an emergency, they’ll understand.

 

Oh, my goodness. I hope she won’t kill me.

 

=*=2 New Messages=*=
소녀시대:
Taeyeon: Let’s all agree to be at the dorm no later than 9:35. Arasso? If Kwon Yul is late we’ll update her.
Yoona: It’s nothing big is it?

 

I signed out of the group message. The girls bombarded me with questions, but I ignored them.

Guilt filled me again. Sure, besides Sunny being late for no reason, this isn’t the ideal prank to put on the members after Sica-eonni’s leave.

Nah. It’s my conscious speaking again. It’s a prank. It’s better than being reality. Plus, knowing that it’s a prank would relieve all the stress and tension pressured into our bodies.

I only had 10 minutes so I cleaned up the living room where we would meet. I left some snacks for the shikshins and brought out the prop needed for the prank.

Sooyoung and Tiffany came at the same time, followed by Sunny. Hyoyeon and Yoona came in running, still in their ‘bare’ faces. Taeyeon apologetically came in last and with food. Yuri came just in time. Besides Hyoyeon and Yoona, all the girls were dressed casually. The two went to go change while we gathered in our big living room.

“What’s going on Seohyun?” Sunny started. They all had worry in their eyes.

Tiffany and Taeyeon both sat next to me. With no surprise, the three of us have gotten closer as TTS promoted. We got to reflect more as a subgroup than as a whole group since we were together for so long. Taeyeon pulled me in for a hug and Tiffany held my hand. “You’re being so vague. Just tell us what’s bothering you.” Taeyeon comfortably said.

What’s wrong is that I’m feeling guilty and this is the point of no return. “This must be really important. You rarely call the whole group, especially when you always go to your TTS eonnis first.” Yuri stated.

That statement made me feel guilty. “I’m sorry.” I looked down. We’re supposed to be the closest sisters, yet I tended to drift apart from the other eonnis.

By that time, Hyoyeon and Yoona came back. Yoona sat next to Yuri who sat next to Tiffany. Hyoyeon didn’t even bother to sit on the couch. She moved the automan and sat in front of me. Besides the TTS eonnis, she’s always been the person I’ve asked advice from. “It’s okay Seohyun.” Sooyoung spoke up and we all looked at her. “There’s no shame in lying. We have favorites. I like hanging out with Hyo and Yul more than Taeng and Fany. We’re still sisters and we still care for each other deeply. We’re not equally close to each other, but we value each other equally and that’s what matters.” All the girls nodded.

I felt like crying. We haven’t had such a heart to heart talk since after Beijing. “Tell us what’s going through your mind. We promised to be here for each other.” Yoona leaned over and rubbed my knee. I gave her a weak smile.

I’m sorry for lying to you like this eonnis. “Is this about the Japanese promotions? Are you worried about coming back as 8?” Sunny asked. Someone had to say it. The room went cold. We were still sensitive about the whole thing.

I shook my head. “I’m not worried about that at all.” I was going to comment more, but I didn’t want to offend anyone in any way.

“Is this about the feud you had with that cast member in ‘Gone with the Wind’?” Taeyeon asked. This was one of the last things the TTS girls and I talked about.

“Don’t even apologize. You were just trying to look out for them. They shouldn’t have been smoking on set.” Tiffany reasoned. This story is a bit too long to explain. I knew the other girls were slightly confused since I don’t really have the time to talk about what happens in the musical, but they were kind enough to sit and listen.

“No, that’s not of concern anymore.” I rattled on.

“Then what is?” Yuri spoke out. I could tell they were getting antsy with my lack of information.

“Is it,” Hyoyeon spoke up. She was probably thinking about our last conversation via SNS. “about your parents again?” I remember a few weeks back venting about my parents being worried about my schedule. They became super protective and I just needed to breathe and let out my frustrations.

“No. We’re on better terms now.” I announce. All the girls seemed flustered.

“Okay, we’ll stop guessing. Tell us what’s wrong.” Yoona spoke for the group. They all nod. Tiffany clutches my hand tighter. Taeyeon’s grip on my shoulder is like a kung-fu grip. Yoona squeezed my knee.

I was scared of the outcome. I was expecting the girls to be all over me. Pestering me with wild guesses, asking me about boys or parties or some frustrations, not serious stuff like this. This was a bit too serious for my standards. “Um… well…” I start off.

You did this on yourself, Juhyun. I sigh. I was going to bare the pain. “You know the party we went to?” I looked at Sooyoung and Yoona. Not too long after one of my shows, they took me out on a night out with a group of actor and actress sunbaes.

Sooyoung gulped and nodded with agreement. Yoona’s face went pale. “Did something bad happen?”

I didn’t respond and the room went quiet. “Was Minwoo a bad guy?” Sooyoung asked.

“Was he an ?”

“I’m really sorry!”

“SeungGi-oppa and KyungHo-ssi said he was a really trustworthy guy!”

The two girls kept ranting. Like earlier, the others were clueless, but they could piece together what was going on.

“No. Minwoo-ssi was a great guy like you guys expected.” I cut them off.

“Then what was the problem?” Sooyoung sounded desperate.

I prepared myself for the story. I clutched the object in my pocket. You really did it. “We were having a great time. We talked about the projects we were doing. He told me about his business ventures. I talked about ‘Gone with the Wind’. We hit it off pretty well.” The girls were staring at me and I felt self-conscious. “The night went on and I lost track of time. Before I knew it, he had ordered some Chardonnay and it would be rude of me to deny it, so I took a sip.” I took a deep breath. I habitually squeezed Fany’s hand for support. “Hours passed and I had drunk a whole two glasses.” Some girls gasped. I rarely drank alcohol, even if it was for professional circumstances. “It was already 3AM and we were still talking. I heard you guys already went home so I offered to take a taxi home, but he said he didn’t want my image to be hurt so he would take me to my apartment. Long story-short, after he got his jacket, he came back to the booth and he kissed me.” I looked up at my members. They all had looks of horrors on their faces. “I don’t know if it was because we were both buzzed and tired or because I couldn’t think straight, but I’ll be honest.” I added a pause for dramatic effect. “I didn’t go home that night.” My voice broke. My heart was racing. This was such a big lie. This was such a big prank.

Hyoyeon stood up and caressed my cheek. A tear fell down. I couldn’t believe I just lied to my eonnis. “Shh. It’s okay. Things like this happens.” I just nodded. She’s the only one that would talk to me comfortably about adult things. “I know you were saving yourself, but don’t think you’re any less special. You were drunk.”

“But I let it happen!” I cried out. “That’s what’s killing me. I don’t know how I just became that way!”

She had a look of pity. She picked me up and hugged me. Everyone joined in for the group hug. I was to the point of bawling over the fact of how worthless I sounded.

“We’ll get through this together.” I heard Yuri speak behind me.

“Wait, there’s more.” They all disbanded from the hug and sat back down. I stayed standing. I finally pulled out what was in my pocket.

A pregnancy test.

The first one to make a sound was Tiffany. Hyoyeon took the piece of plastic and Yoona and Sooyoung hovered over its existence.

“It shows positive.” Sooyoung states.

Yuri and Sunny are the first to hug me. I’m trembling.

Taeyeon sighs. “What are we going to tell the agency?” We all look at her.

Guilt floods me again. This wouldn’t just burden my members, but everyone.

“I know what to say.” I’m sorry eonnis. I lead myself to the outside so that everyone could see me. They all lined up in front of me.

Their stares bore down to my heart. My head was aching due to the guilt that wouldn’t leave me for days. I felt so stupid, but I felt even more evil knowing how I couldn’t back down. My body felt heavy. My palms were sweaty. This is it. This is the big finale.

 

“April Fools.”

--

 

excuse me and my brashness~