2. For Me? [Darahae Version]

For Me? [Darahae Version]

A/N: I'M AN HOUR AND 13 MINUTES OFF. I APOLOGIZE.

--

“Jagi. Come on. Let’s sleep.”

Donghae, who was studying for his Physics 110 class, didn’t bother to look up. “Neh.” He simply said.

Both of them knew nothing would happen unless Dara would make a move.

“Come on, Fishy.” Dara said, laying her chin on top of his head. He smelled great from the shower he took not too long ago.

“Just give me a couple more minutes.” A phrase the couple both over-used.

She hugs him from behind, pulling him closer to her and further away from his stud materials. Secretly, he halted his thought process and took in her scent. Vanilla. Simple things like that relieved him and she knew it. “For me?” she asks with her infamous aegyo.

He sighs in slight annoyance and looks at the time. He’s been studying for almost 4 hours. “Arasso.”

Feeling guilty, she responds, “If it’s that important to you, you don’t have to sleep now. I guess. I could just wake up and make sure you sleep later.” She then felt guilty for sounding a bit harsh and for making such inconsiderate and ignorant comments. How was she supposed to feel? She knew he should study, but she was more worried about how much sleep he should be getting before his test. Maybe it’s her not thinking straight because of the amount of sleep she’s not getting.

Noticing her concern, he assures her with his sincere smile, “It’s fine, sarang. You’re right. I’m tired.” He picks her up bridal style and brings them to their bed.

“If you’re so tired, then why are you carrying me?” She giggles. You could hear the exhaustion in her laugh.

Ignoring her questions, he absentmindedly compliments her. “You smell good.” He says while smelling her hair as they cuddle under the bed sheets.

Silence passes over them. Even in their state of tiredness, both wouldn’t sleep just yet. They take in the peace and quiet. They both enjoy the situation: not having to think of laws or logarithms, staying warm together in each other’s arms. They wanted to take in the glorious moment and bask in it forever.

But, one thing did bothered Donghae. “Hey, Dara.” He hesitates.

“Mmm.” She hums, letting him know she’s not asleep yet.

 He takes in a breath before confessing his inner thoughts. “I’m sorry I can never take you to a fancy resort and help you take your mind off things.” He says while cuddling his face in the crook of her neck.

She tries to joke. “You mean OUR minds off things.” He smiles knowing that her joke was actually reality. He slightly felt guilty. Guilty for making an inconsiderate statement.

“I’m sorry you always have to worry about me.” He confesses.

She sighs. “It’s okay. It’s my duty as your girlfriend.” She says ‘as a matter of fact’ with a yawn. He felt guilty that he’s probably making her life more difficult than it already is. He felt like the worst boyfriend.

As if reading his mind, she absorbed guilt into her system. She was the one who felt the least obligated because she spent the least time with him. Ever since she started studying for her doctorate in medicine, she’s been separating herself with everything. Once Donghae noticed her serious studying, he decided to be just as serious in front of her, too. “No. Don’t blame everything on you. It’s my fault. I never give enough time for you to bring me to luxurious places. I never give enough time to spend time with you.”  She faces him and cuddles into his chest.

“We never really give enough time for each other as much as we used to.” He comments. Both were not offended by the true statement. “So you’re not the only one at fault.”

After a reflexive pause, she continues, “But I really should thank you. You know how important becoming a doctor is for me. I don’t need any more distractions as much as I want them. Your presence in the room distracts me enough anyways.” She smiles.

“Oh, thanks.” He jokes back.

“You know I appreciate it.” She snuggles into him. “Without you and your distractions, I don’t know if I’d still be sane.”

Both take in the moment, almost drifting off into sleep. “Besides,” Donghae opens his eyes and looks at his half-asleep and close-eyed girlfriend who seems to be still talking. “When we get married, we can travel all over the world. Together. Just the two of us. No thesis. No physics test. Just us.”

At first, he didn’t believe what he had heard. She must’ve slipped her thoughts before she fell into a deep slumber. She did tend to sleep talk. She wants to get married? As much as he loves Dara, he never thought about marrying her. Well, until now.

Wow, they really have to too busy to think about each other. But the idea made him happy. Their friends and family already had the feeling that they would get married, but the couple themselves never talked about it. The idea of spending the rest of his life with Dara after getting a job and settling down seemed so far away, but nonetheless made him all giddy. It became his new motivation to finish school. After Dara gets her doctorate and Donghae gets his Engineering license, they could finally slow down and enjoy the little things. Together.

--

A/N: Do you guys like these so far? :D