the bad news

Jessica's Departure

September 28, 2014 (afternoon)

SM BUILDING

/at the meeting/

The members were still talking about what the meeting is for. Until, the president entered the room and they all greeted him.

 

Members: good afternoon sajangnim!

 

President: afternoon girls! I don’t know about the “good” because I don’t know what all your reaction would be if I tell you the news. But before that, please take a look a these papers.

 

/gives them the papers/

President: taeyeon sshi! May you please state what kind of paper are you all holding right now?

 

Taeyeon: it’s… it’s our contract here in SMENT.

 

President: yes! That is correct. You see, in your contract there are tons rules. Am I Right?

 

Sooyoung: sajangnim. If you don’t mind me asking, did we violate something?

 

President: YES and NO.

 

Sunny: YES?!
 

hyoyeon: and NO?!

 

President: YES! One of you violated the rules. And NO! Because she’s not here right now.

 

Yuri: you mean…

 

Yoona: sica? Jessica unnie?

 

President: that is correct again.

 

Tiffany: but why? Where? I mean, how?

 

President: ironically, she violated rule no. 9! Can you please read what it says seohyun sshi?

 

Seohyun: it states that: “as an exclusive artist from this company, you are not allowed to sign any other contracts from other companies, may it be related or unrelated to the entertainment industry. If you do so, it must be approved by SMENT.”

 

President: Oh and please read the last sentence at the bottom of the page.
 

seohyun: “failure to follow one these rules will be considered a violation, and will lead to immediate filling of lawsuit.”

 

tiffany: how can that be possible? You can’t file a lawsuit against Jessica just because of that!

 

President: the evidence is too strong. So, yes we can file a lawsuit against her tiffany sshi! We can...

 

Sunny: does my uncle know all about this? I’m sure he wouldn’t let this happen.

President: of course he knows! In fact, you all have the same reaction like him. He was also shocked by this. But yet again, he can’t do anything about it even though he owns the company.

 

Sunny: what? I don’t understand.

 

President: you see, mr. lee soo man is the owner of this company but this company also has stock holders. “Major stock holders” has also the right not to tolerate this kind of behavior from artists, especially exclusive ones like you girls.

 

Yuri: what happens to Jessica if she losses the lawsuit? Will she go to jail for this?

 

President: I believe she won’t. She will have to give back what she earned from the start of her career.

 

Hyoyeon: what?! That’s Insane! Is that even possible?

 

President: well, as far as I know, it’s in the contract. And you guys agreed to this. Didn’t you read the paper?

 

Sooyoung: we thought it was like our contract before. So we didn’t bother to read it.

 

President: oh, that was before. We already revised the contract.

 

taeyeon: sajangnim! Can we talk about this? Can we talk to the stock holders? Maybe we can change their minds and not end up filing a lawsuit against Jessica.

 

President: actually, Mr. Lee soo man already did that. He conviced the stock holders not to file a lawsuit against her but only on one condition….

 

Seohyun: and what kind of condition is that?

President: Jessica must be kicked out from the group.

 

Yoona: what? No! Girls’ generation is a nine member girl group. She is a part of this group!

 

President: ok let me explain this to you more. As I said earlier, the evidence is too strong! Considering that the contract that she managed to sign was incorporated with tyler kwon. And we all know that tyler is also related to YG entertainment, which is our rival company. Right now, as SMENT expands, our stock holders are more powerful and influential than the past stock holders we had. I’m pretty sure they won’t allow this to happen to the company because this is an embarrassment to the public. If she losses the lawsuit, she’ll not only loss her money but also she will lose her credibility as an entertainer. There is no way she can get away with this that easily. Even Tyler can’t save her from this. Actually, she’s even considered lucky because she still has an option. The only way for her to escape this is to kick her out from the group.

 

/all the members were speechless of what the president said/

 

President: one more thing, you all have to sign this. /gives a paper/
 

hyoyeon: what’s this?

 

President: a letter of agreement for Ms. Jung’s departure from the group. The company wants you all to sign it.

 

Sooyoung: why do we have to sign this? What’s on it?

 

President: it states that, the eight of you should not have any comments; especially violent reactions about Jessica’s departure in any Social networking site and agreed to kick Jessica out of the group. This agreement will be considered confidential and should not be known to the public especially, to Jessica herself.

 

Taeyeon: this is just too much! How can you do this to us? This is not fair! This is against our rights to choose!

 

President: ok. I’ll give you time to choose. Tomorrow, I’ll be waiting for all of you to sign this agreement. Remember, jessica’s future career is in your hands girls… ok, I guess this meeting is finished. Are there any more questions? None? Ok! See ya ladies!

 

/the president left the girls dumbfounded and speechless/