Hurt

It'll Be Okay

Outside was a weather that did not match the mood inside. Inside the church, everything was decorated with pink. The guest felt warm for the couple that was getting married that day.

"Congratulations!" That was what they all said to the groom and the family.

Outside the church leaves were falling. People clutch on to their coats in reaction to the cold wind of late autumn. This matched the mood of the girl standing just by the door of the church watching the man she loved getting married to another woman.

She had a long wavy black hair, like silk, that almost reached her waist. She had the body even a model would have envied for she didn't need to pay attention to it and still have that perfect body any girl would kill to have. When she turns her back, be sure to catch a glimpse of her face, like an angel's that caught almost every person's breath. She was so perfect, but something was wrong. She had sadness in her eyes...

A sadness that no one would ever imagine to be in a face this angelic...It just felt like the wrong match.

"I, Choi Minho, take you, Park Yoonmi, to be my wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day on forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live." Those were the words she'd longed for him to say, how ironic it was that they weren't meant for her.

As she heard him take vow to another woman, tears welled up her eyes threatening to fall down any minute.

She was so furious with herself for not being able to control her tears, and at the same time feeling rejoiced for not attending the wedding because it will be pathetic crying in your bestfriend's wedding just because he was marrying another woman.

"What kind of a bestfriend are you not attending my wedding?!" She could remember clearly him saying this in a faked angry voice, wishing his bestfriend to be there on his special day. Having foreseen how hurt she would be, she had to let her bestfriend down.

"I'm sorry..." That was all she could say.

It hurt her very much that he was getting married.

She remembered how happy he sounded when Yoonmi had said yes to his proposal and how depressed she was at the thought.

===================

            Flashback

===================

"Bzzz......Bzzzz...." She heard her cell phone vibrate against the table and picked it up. "Hello?"

"She said yes! Yes she said!" Minho shouted from the other side of the phone, with joy plastered all over.

"Whoa! Calm down there big boy. I'm so not understanding any word you're saying. So CALM DOWN."  She said smiling, while lying down on her bed.

"I can't believe she said yes!" She could imagine how wide he's smile must be, judging from his tone.

"Who? To what?" She really could not understand a thing right then.

"I did it Iseul! I asked Yoonmi to marry me and she said YES!" Even though she'd expected  this to come, still she didn't expect it to be this soon. Surely, he had told her of how much he loved Yoonmi and his plans of having a family with Yoonmi, but hearing him already take a move left her dumbfounded.

"..." Words had left her, and tears started to form.

"Iseul? Are you still there?"

"Yah..." That was all she'd manage over the lump in .

"Are you okay?" Minho started to worry upon hearing her shaky voice.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" She felt relieved in gaining words again.

"Then why are you crying?"

"No I'm not." She blurted. Too fast.

"You're not fooling me." Minho threatened.

"Okay...so I'm crying tears of joy for you. Augh...I hate it when I get emotional. It's all your fault!" Only she knew they were total lies.

"Aww...my bestfriend is crying out of joy because of meee....I'm so happy!"

"Me too..." She wished the words were true, but the hurt she felt betrayed any of her will to believe it.

"Thanks Iseul, for being with me all this time, and as soon as I got the good news, I wanted to share it with you so badly. Thank you, my best friend in the whole world!" As goods as those words sound, it stung her. They were just bestfriends, nothing more...

"Ahhh..." She faked a yawn, she couldn't hold the tears back anymore.

"It's late now, I'll call you some other time. Bye. Sleep tight."

"Bye."

As soon as she hung up tears started to fall down like waterfall streaming down nothing could hold it back.

=================

Until now she could still feel the pain like a fresh cut.

She could no more stand there and watch as the priest pronounce Minho and Yoonmi to be wedded husband and wife.

So, she clutched to her coat and headed to the airport. She had to be away from all this for a while, and when she could face them with a smile on her face then she would be back.