Part1

Chimney Chen Chen

Once upon a time

in a city where nights are longer than noons

The sky was covered with gray cloud one can't see stars nor moons

.Darkness filled the room, a candle was lightened its shaking flame made his shadow dance to the melody made by the howling winds

The candle was just born and he was so bright and warm like no ordinary candle. 

"waah this is refreshing to be awakened again after long period of being stored"

The candle looked around the room lightened by his flames. An old, tiny room filled only by the bed, desk (which the candle was placed above) and a small wooden chair.

On the chair sat a young boy with black silky hair his bangs were right above his big rounded eyes,

the boy opened the drawer and took out a notebook and a pen. Opened it to a blanked page, took a deep breath and started writing.

The candle was able to read everything Do kyungsoo is writing.

It seemed that he was writing his diaries. "Thank god your handwriting is readable otherwise I would have been really bored lighting this old tiny room of yours mister DO" (Seems like our candle is picky doesn't it?)

Day141107

The candle was lightened for the second time this month -seems like it this time of the year where the days of blackouts are more than regular days-.

The Candle Chen is glad now he can be awakened more frequently, Although he is not in a living room candle nor a dinning room, he is the candle of the servant's room Do kyungsoo who works at an inn beside the lake.

Kyungsoo took out his dairy and started writing while bringing Chen closer to him. "Oh greaat! again to writing boring daily diaries" Chen said "boy, you should write only on interesting days which you barely have to be honest"

 

{ today is the first day of fall, the weather is getting colder. Cold weathers mean more work, not to complain but I wish I could help my friend picking apples from his farm in the village nearby. Each year since the time I met him he would ask me to, and I always decline due to the fact that the fall season is the most crowded season in the inn ,however, guests are declining due to the sudden hurricane last year. though this town is not known for hurricanes, One was enough to scare the guests from coming.

The silver lining to this is that this year might be the year I could accept my friend's offer} He stopped writing for a second and continued {oh yes, and tomorrow I am to help Mrs. Kim making breakfast, I love cooking more than anything and the lovely Mrs. Kim asks me to join her in the inn’s kitchen, but my boss -her hasband- decline most of the time saying that he doesn't need two cooks rather than servants. However, now and then he would allow me to cook with her to persuade me to do something hard or something that I hate} Do signed and continued {I think I'm going to clean the chimneys tomorrow }

Kyungsoo closed the notebook put it back to its place. Stretched his arms while yawning.

"Oh no you finished early today!!" The annoying candle said "Write more about the inn owners -what was their names oh yea- Mr. And Mrs. Kim, Come on do not sleep just yet mister Do"

The tired mister Do could not hear his nagging candle Chen -thank god- By filling his cheeks with air He blow the candle, and the dark filled the room.

Day141108

Chen the candle was lighten today too by Do kyungsoo.

"Your early today I assume it was a long tiring day wasn't it?" Chen said in a teasing tone "oh yeah, you were to clean the chimneys today, pfft poor boy!" Drops of water fell from kyungsoo's head and landed beside Chen

"Wow! be careful dude, I'm Not a big fan of water, it kills me you know"

Kyungsoo's hair was wet he is wearing white tshirt, dark gray pants and a black oversized jacket. He rose his sleeves and wrote on his dairies as usual.

 

{ this morning I help with breakfast, the omelette I made today was delicious, Mr.chad ate two portions and wanted more but his new wife gave him her share. Mrs. Kim really is a talented cook, after that, my boss Mr. Kim called me.

~ "Kyungsonaa after doing your regular chores go change your clothes to old ones and bring the brunches to clean the chimney"

"I knew it" thought kyungsoo "Okay sir"

It took the whole morning for kyungsoo to wash the dishes, wipe the floor, clean the guest rooms and fold the clean bed sheet he washed yesterday.

On the afternoon, he took a lunch break and ate small loaf of bread, with orange jam.

After that, he started to clean the chimney and the fireplace in the living room. It took him the wholenoon to do so.

Covered in dust and dirt kyungsoo was sitting on the rooftop he removed the mask and took a deep refreshing breath. 

 The sun was sitting and whole town was painted with red color "beautiful~" thought kyungsoo. 

By the time he entered the inn's main door he rushed to the stares to his room before any of the Kim's couple notice him, he wanted to take a shower and clean himself first, however Mrs. Kim called him

"thank god kyungsoona you are here, take this gentleman's luggage to the main guest room, he is our new Guest ",

"Main guest room means that this guy is a VVIP guest!!" thought kyungsoo as he pass through the reception's counter to notice the new guest.

He was tall, tanned person with a brown curly missy hair; he was wearing a brand fancy off-white plaser with a white shirt, and off-white pants.

Busy with his phone, he didn't notice kyungsoo. Which made the last one feel awkward and uncomfortable, he rubbed the palm of his hand with his pants and he garbed the Louis Vuitton large bag carrying it with both hands. "Kim jongin shii, follow our servant kyungsoonii to your room, and don't forget the dinner will be served at exactly 7 o'clock". She said that and the guy who was still focused on his mobile device just nodded to her.

"What a rude brat" thought kyungsoo while leading the new guest to the stares.

The main guest room was on the 3rd floor, and by the time kyungsoo and the guest reached the second floor, he felt like his muscles were about to tear apart. Which made him stop to catch some breath. He dropped the bag on the small step, which made it unbalance and fell backward to hit kyungsoo's legs, who became shaky and lost his balance.

He closed his eyes waiting for the sound of his head hitting the ground, but nothing happened after few seconds kyungsoo opened his eyes to the ceiling. Is he flying? He felt Hands pushing his back to help him stand again. "Woow! you surprised me, are you Ok?" Said the new guest while holding his laugh "I think this bag is too much to you, you might've hurt your back” He gently grabbed Kyungsoo's shoulders, passed him and carried the bag "I've got it little guy, you just show me the room".

Kyungsoo was shocked and tremendously offended. He did not fall thanks to the arrogant man, who is almost laughing at him, making fun of him, treating him like a child and on top of that his fancy clothes are covered with black dirt!!! However with all these outraged thoughts he had in his mind the only words that came out of his mouth were "As you wish, Sir" in a dead tone.

After opening the main guest room to jongin, kyungsoo held the door for jongin to enter before him. Carrying the heavy bag, jongin thanked kyungsoo and entered the room. kyungsoo was still holding the door he did not move an inch. after putting the bag jongin took off his blazer and came back to kyungsoo on the door, Kyungsoo's eyes were focused and full of determination he finally said "thank very much for helping me and I'm terribly sorry to what I did" Jongin rised his eyebrows confused and a bit worried about the looks the servant is sending him "your welcome I guess!! But why the apology it's not your fault my bag is heavy" he said with a smiley eyes.

“Please let me clean your clothes, it is my fault they got dirty" explained Kyungsoo lowering his head a little while keeping his eyes focusing on jongin. Jongin looked at what used to be his white shirt, it is now stained with black clouds from Kyungsoo's head and dirty clothes. "Ohh, that is fine don't worry it actually need to be dry cleaned, I'll take care of it little man"

"The little man again, what is wrong with him and his showing off attitude" thought kyungsoo "Do you need anything sir?" He said with the same dead tone again.

Jongin "do not call me sir, you can call me jongin! I think we could be at the same age, what is your name and How old are you?"

Kyungsoo hated being friendly with the guest that mean they will be asking him for favors more frequently especially if they were older "my name is Do kyungsoo and I'm 21"

Jongin rubbed the back of his neck in confusion and said "kyungsoo, are you sure?" "What do you mean of coarse I'm sure it's my name!" Said kyungsoo who's almost losing his temper.

"Noo, bfft I mean your age you look a lot younger" "Most people tell me that too" thought kyungsoo but he just said nothing "Hmm you see my name is jongin and I'm 20, pleased to meet you kyungsoo" Kyungsoo just nodded his head and said "the dinner will be served at seven, have good evening SIR"

Kyungsoo took off rapidly and didn't wait for a respond from jongin.~

I went down stares to excuse myself from dinner duties, then went to take a long warm shower. I do not know why but this guy makes me feel irritated and furious all together, he is a show off, rude, acting so friendly and on top of that calls me little guy, will excuse me your not even that tall, Mr. dry clean my }clothes!!

/Kyungsoo stop writing for a second to realize what he's been writing. "This is the first time I see you so angry at someone that you wrote a whole page on your dairy about him!!" Said the candle Chen "He must be quit some Douche Bag to actually effect the clam pigeon mister Do kyungsoo".

{Kyungsoo continued, {I hope this guy does not stay long or that the hurricane may blow him away"

"Hey you see hurricanes do not come to blow one guy it blow the whole town" said Chen, who does not seem to understand the concept of being silent. "a lightining might hit only one guy so choose your wishes correctly ".

kyungsoo gave a big sign, closed the dairy and kept staring at it thinking, till he felt his heavy eyes are dropping, and sleep crawling into him, "you are sure tired today, okay I'll allow you to sleep early today, good night kyungsoo". And as if kyungsoo actually heard the candle he blew its flame and went to a dreamless deep sleep.