Twelve

Lycanthrope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                
              

 

  Iseul awoke to the sound of someone groaning. She opened her eyes and recalled her location. Then she heard the person behind her shift off the couch. The girl turned around and saw Jaebum look around while massaging the back of his neck.

 

                “Do you know where everyone went?” he asked her. The girl shook her head and felt around the floor for her phone. She found it and hit the home button, the time read 8:23. Her first class began at nine and the bus ride to her university took around half an hour. She looked down at her t-shirt and sweatpants. Remembering the presentation she would have to give, she got up and went to her room. She knew how to drive but had yet to get her license. She put on a skirt and a somewhat nice top. After throwing her hair up into a ponytail and it was half past eight.

 

                The girl texted her father to let him know she would take his truck to school. While putting her laptop in her bag, she felt a buzz. The man responded with a no due to the girl not yet having a license. Iseul ran out of the room and headed for the front door. She noticed Jaebum sitting idle on the couch.

 

                “Do you have your license?” she asked the boy. He looked up at her and let out a yeah. “Let’s go then.” she said while unlocking the front door and leaving it open for him to follow.

 

                After his initial shock of becoming her chauffeur, Jaebum followed Iseul’s directions well. He was a fast driver and often let out annoyed sounds and glares directed at other drivers. He did get her to school in less than twenty minutes, which was perfect for her situation. She also gave instructions of where to leave the car keys after he went back to her house. Once he pulled up in front of the building, Iseul let out a fast ‘thank you so much’ and hurried out. She didn’t look back as she gripped the single backpack strap on her shoulder. The girl checked the time and noticed it was five till nine. She hoped she could squeeze in the classroom before her professor locked her out.

 

                After a successful entrance and an awkward presentation, her first class was over. Ten minutes later was her history course that let out at a quarter before eleven. She went to a cafe on campus and brought a drink and some fruit for her lunch. The girl headed over to the grassy knoll she often met up with a few friends. She arriv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter