fin.

I Like You, but I Hate You

"Ji Ae, make bigger moves." Hanbin yelled as he watched the group practice another choreography for the monthly evaluation. "Watch the formation. Yah, Ji Ae. You have to do better than that."

You frowned, "What? Am I the only member here? Why am I the only one you see?"

"I told you he likes you." Bobby nudged you from the side, grinning while wiggling his eyebrows.

"I hope you know that if Hanbin wasn't watching, you'd be dead by now." You muttered, glaring at the boy.

"Nah, you love me too much to do that, Ji Ae."

You pretended to gag, "Where did you even get that idea, you idiot?"

"It's Bobby-oppa to you, young lady." He pretended to scold you.

"More like Idiot-oppa." You laughed.

"Jang Ji Ae!" Hanbin yelled.

"Here we go again." You groaned.

Honestly, you were getting so tired of it. You love dancing so much, but lately, it just became a chore. Every time you had practice, the only member that Hanbin notices is you, so the only member that gets scolded everytime is you. You didn't know why, and it's starting to annoy you. Hanbin sure does nag a lot, and he won't stop unless you get it right. Bobby, your best friend, actually had this theory that Hanbin notices only you on practices because he can't take his eyes off you. As much as you liked the somewhat compliment, you'd rather have Hanbin laying off than Bobby filling your head with all sorts of fantasies between you and their leader.

 "Really, Ji Ae, do I have to tell you everytime? You don't even look like you're practicing enough. Are you so confident now that you're slacking off? Did you think I was going to take it easy on you just because you're a girl? You aren't even that good, and they say you're the best dancer in your group." Hanbin coldly stated, looking at you pokerfaced and then shrugging you off, walking towards the side where his computer was.

Needless to say, everyone was surprised. No, not surprised. Dumbfounded. Everyone knew that BI was always harsh when training, but no one expected this.

"Yah, Kim Hanbin!" Soo Gi suddenly shouted, her angry tone piercing the tensioned silence while striding towards the former.

"How dare you talk to one of my members like that!" She spinned Hanbin's chair around to face her. "You have absolutely no right to say those things to her, because you don't know who she really is! You don't know how hard she has worked for this, nor how much she wants this! You. Have. Absolutely. No. Freaking. Idea."

"Soo Gi, that's enough." Mi Jae said, placing a hand on her arm and gently holding her back.

"You're pathetic." Soo Gi scoffed before going out. Worried, Junhoe followed her outside, while Mi Jae went over to your side and rubbed your back.

"Don't listen to what he says, Ji. Not one bit of what he said was true. Don't you ever start to doubt yourself because you're good enough to be here, and to stay here."

You, on the other hand, stayed silent, because you were confused as heck. You didn't know what to feel. You didn't know if you were angry at Hanbin, or you were hurt because he looked down at you too much. You know yourself that you never slacked off, and you never miss any practice. You even practice on you own as much as you can. You were angry and hurt, and that was not the best combination.

"I...I think I'll be going out for a while." You said, sending a small smile over the other iKon members, because you knew that they would be worried, especially Jinhwan and Yunhyeong, and squeezing Mi Jae's hand affectionately to show her that you'd be okay.

 

You trudged your way up the stairs, towards the rooftop of your building, when you saw Soo Gi wiping her tears and Junhoe comforting her. The sight made you smile, because you knew that Junhoe never had a thing for skinship, yet here he was, hugging the said girl while her hair. Somehow, you envied her, and the thought of Hanbin suddenly popped in your head. Your eyes widened at that thought, and you even scolded yourself for even thinking about that scary human being.

You continued your way up, and you were welcomed with complete comforting silence and solitude. 

"So, how are you feeling?" you heard Jinhwan's voice as you leaned over the railing.

"I knew you'd come up here. You always do when you wanted to think or just be alone." He said, going over your side and leaning over the railings like you.

"If you knew I wanted to be alone, why did you come up here then?" You asked.

"Because I didn't want you to hate Hanbin. You must've killed him repeatedly him in your mind right now."

You glanced at him, and the two of you laughed.

"But in all seriousness, I know that his words were harsh, but that's just how he is. If you want to get closer to him, you'd have to put up with it. And we're not very good with other people too. He was like that to the other members too when they were new. He just wants you to get better, but he doesn't know how to say it properly, so he just says it how it is, and it just comes out harsh. That idiot is also clueless when it comes to women and stubborn as hell, so do understand him." 

You just sighed. Why did you even have to put up with Kim Hanbin.

 


 

"Hey, Soo. You okay?" You said, sitting next to her.

She nodded, and scoffed. "That Kim Hanbin is a jerk. Why do you even like him?"

You snapped your head towards her and frowned, "What? I don't like him! He's not even my type!"

"Says the girl who watches his dance practices nonstop and listens to his songs all day long. His voice is even getting irritating, you know." She pretended to be annoyed, and then grinned playfully.

"What? When did I even do that?"

"Oh, Ji Ae. Why are you so oblivious of your own actions," she sighed, laughing at you afterwards.

"Hey Mi Jae." You called at the girl who just entered your dorm. "Do you think I like Hanbin?"

"Oh, did she finally realize it?" She said, ignoring your question and looking at Soo Gi.

"No, but I think she will soon enough."

"Aigoo, so clueless." 

"She absolutely has no idea."

"Would you two please stop talking as if I'm not here." You groaned. 

 


A few days later...

"Hanbin-ah." Bobby chided.

"I'm not in the mood to be scolded, Bobby." He answered coolly.

"I'm not going to scold you, B.I. I just wanted to tell you that if you keep on pressuring Ji Ae, she'll break. Even the strongest bulletproof glass cracks when you shoot it repeatedly, and it dan even break. A person can only withstand so much. I know you only wanted to help her. I know that you wanted to be close to her, but keep doing that, and she'll get further away." Bobby said, sitting down next to Hanbin, who was now resting his head on his desk.

"I don't know what came over me, Bobby. You know I really didn't mean to say all that harshly. I just wanted to help her improve." Hanbin mumbled.

"Aish, you're really an idiot."

BI got up and glared at the boy.

"You know what, I have a plan." Bobby grinned, rather evilly, in Hanbin's perception.

"I never liked your 'plans', Kimbab." BI shook his head and resumed his former position.

"Oh, I know you'll like this one." He replied, patting the resting boy.

 


From: Bobby

Ji Ae-yah. Come to the practice room. Pleaseeeee~ :3


You read Bobby's text message, then checked the time.

What? Why is Bobby asking me to come to the practice room? It's almost past midnight, you thought.

To come, or not to come?

I could just ignore him, and watch dramas instead.

But he might be needing my help.

But I'm tired. And lazy. And I like my bed more than I like that idiot.

You had an internal conflict whether to go or not. Nevertheless, you still got up and dressed. You slung your backpack and laced up your boots, and headed to the practice room.

 

"Bobby, are you really sure about this? I mean, it's almost dark. Ji Ae would be walking alone." Mi Jae said, worried.

"I see these happening in dramas all the time, so don't worry. They'll work it out." He grinned.

Soo Gi slapped him on his arm, "Yah, is this a drama? And those scenes were actually accidents, which weren't planned at all! If they even get stuck together in a room, the chances of them getting along are close to nil. Either both of them get home tomorrow with bruises and cuts all over or one of them gets home, unscathed, and the other disappears without a trace."

"Aren't you a bit overreacting? Relax, this is the only way they'd learn how to get along well, and to finally realize what their feelings for each other are." Bobby waved us, "stupid, clueless, oblivious morons. You know, I think they even suit each other. They're both stubborn idiots who won't admit their feelings even to themselves."


From: Ji Ae

I'm on my way. :)


"She's on her way!" Bobby whisper-shouted to his accomplices, fist-pumping for the success of the first part of their plan.

"Now go get that jerk Hanbin." Soo Gi said, pushing the boy outside.

"Why me?"

"Do you want me to do it? He might not get here in one piece though." She threatened.

"Alright, alright." He replied, putting his hands up in surrender and heading to Hanbin's beloved recording room.

 

"Hanbin-ah?" Bobby cautiously said as he slowly opened the door, peeking. He knew that BI never liked any disturbances while he was working.

 "Kimbab? What are you doing here? I thought you already went home." Hanbin replied, sending a quick glance at Bobby's way.

"I thought I needed some more practice, so I stayed behind. Can you help me with the new choreography? I didn't adjust well to the new formations." Bobby reasoned while inwardly saying, c'mon, agree already!

Hanbin turned to look at Bobby, who was, on one hand, making pouty faces, trying to get the former to agree. BI, on the other hand, was frowning.

"You're suspicious." Hanbin said in wryly. "Please don't tell me this is one of your plans."

"Would you help me or not?" Bobby replied, faking annoyance.

"Fine. Get your back in the practice room, I'll be there in a minute. I just have to save my work." Hanbin begrudgingly agreed.

"Yes sir!" Bobby saluted, grinning evilly as he turned around.

 


"Bobby? Oppa?" You called as you entered the dark practice room. "Are you here?"

You flicked the light switch on, and headed straight to the benches at the sides, putting down your bag and plopping yourself down.

"Where is that idiot?" You groaned, "Maybe that idiot was just pranking me. Ugh. I could've just watched another episode of Healer and spent the night with Ji Changwook, but no, I had to go and listen to Kim Jiwon and look where it's got me."

Suddenly, the door opened and a boy whose face was somewhat covered by his hoodie was pushed inside. You looked closely, thinking that it was Bobby, but your eyes widened as you realized that it was Hanbin.

What is he doing here? Why is he here? Where is Bobby? Why did he even ask me to come here if he's not here? Is Hanbin still mad? Wait, am I mad at him? Am I supposed to be mad? Is he going to talk to me? What if he yells at me? What if he tells me to leave because I'll never be good enough? Am I angry? No, not really. Annoyed? Yes. Irritated? Yes. And somehow insulted.

So many questions boggled your mind as you stared at him, who was alternately shaking the doorknob and knocking at the door.

Maybe he hasn't noticed my presence...?

"Why are you here at this hour?"

Or maybe not.

"Isn't it dangerous for you to go back here alone? You went home with the others earlier. Why are you back here now?" He spoke, not even bothering to look at you while still looking for a way to open the door.

You scoffed. So now he cares.

"Yah! Aren't you going to answer me?" He demanded, turning to finally look at you.

You stared at him in disbelief and rolled your eyes, not even bothering to answer.

"Well that's rude." He sneered, giving up on trying to get out and sitting at the same place instead, resting his back on the door.

That's it, you thought.

"You know what's rude, Kim Hanbin?" You snapped, "You are. You're obnoxious. You're aggravating. You nag a lot. You point out people's flaws too much, as if you don't have your own flaws. You're too much of a perfectionist, but nothing's ever perfect. You're a pain to work with. I hate you." You said, but they say I like you. Do I?

The boy frowned, then went back to his usual face. "So, are you done? Is that all you wanted to say?" He coldly said.

"Yes." No.

"You still haven't answered my question." He persisted.

You sighed, too tired to argue, "Why do you even want to know? As if you care."

"But I do." He mumbled, too soft for you to hear.

 

As the night grew deeper, the both of you gave up on looking for ways to get out (Bobby made sure that Hanbin left his phone in his recording room, and your phone, unfortunately, died), and just accepted the fact that you two were stuck there for the night, until someone comes in the morning. You were sprawled out on the bench, stretching your limbs and occasionally bouncing your body onto its foam. Hanbin, however, resumed to his position in front of the door, and has gotten hold of a pen and paper somewhere. You assumed that he must be writing another song.

"What are you doing?" You dared to ask him, breaking the silence.

"None of your business." He answered almost immediately.

"Why are you always so grumpy? You'll have wrinkles, you know."

"I don't care," He replied.

"You're hopeless." You groaned, giving up on trying to talk to Hanbin.

 


 Morning came, and Bobby was just all too eager to come to the practice room to see what had become of the two who were trapped inside.

"Hyung! Did Hanbin-hyung stay overnight at the training center again? I didn't see him come in last night nor this morning." Chanwoo worriedly asked.

Bobby grinned at the thought of his 'genius' plan. "Yes, he did stay overnight."

"Why do you look so happy, hyung? Aren't you supposed to be worried? He's overworking himself again." The maknae wondered, confused.

"Nah, he didn't really work. He had something to take care of." Bobby grinned,

 

You blinked as a bright light blinded you for a moment. It was already morning. You suddenly wondered why your alarm didn't wake you up. You stretched out your arm to reach your alarm clock, when you realized that you weren't in your bed. You jolted up, looking at where you were.

Ah, I was trapped inside the practice room yesterday, you thought, blinking sleepily.

Wait, I was here with somebody, wasn't I?

You glanced around, and there you found Hanbin, lying on the floor, sleeping peacefully. Seeing him in that state actually buzzed you, and make you awake. You stood up quietly and tiptoed towards him.

He looks so peaceful when he sleeps. Like he hasn't got any problems at all. Look at that jawline. And that nose bridge. He looks too good to be true. He's one of the best rappers and dancers, and composer and choreographer, and he's smart, and he's got good looks and a killer body. He certainly isn't a human being. One person couldn't possibly posses all those skills. It's unfair.

You didn't notice how hard you were staring at him. He suddenly stirred, and that mere action brought you back to reality.

What the heck was I thinking? Hanbin? Good-looking? Those words were never even fit to be in one sentence together. And smart? Ha! Donghyuk's even smarter than that idiot.

"Why the hell are you staring like that?"

You blinked, snapping out of your trance again, and finally noticing an awake Hanbin. He was removing his hoodie, revealing a wifebeater underneath.

You shook your head, shaking all the previous thoughts you had. "Nothing, I was just waiting for you to wake up so we can get out of here." 

"And how do you propose we do that? Nobody has come in yet."

You frowned, How can he be like this even early in the morning?

"They'll come soon," you replied.

As if on cue, the door opened, revealing a peeking Bobby, Ji Ae and Mi Jae.

You rolled your eyes at the two, muttering, "I knew it," before heading out, grabbing the door open and slamming it shut.

 



Ji Changwook, why?! Why?!

You wanted to scream out loud as you watched the drama, Healer. You were so engrossed with fangirling over Jung Hoo's clinginess that you didn't even notice a certain (good-looking) guy leaning on your doorway, staring amusedly at you.

"I didn't know guys like him were your type." Hanbin suddenly said, making you look up from your computer screen in surprise.

Your cheeks flamed. What, he saw all that? Well that was embarrassing.

"Not really. Changwook is just really really handsome." You said.

He raised an eyebrow, "So what's your type?"

"Hmm," you thought, tilting your head to the side. "A dancer. I like someone who dances really well. I also like someone who sings well, someone who san sing me to sleep. And someone who can rap, maybe, to have some diversity. I like someone who's good-looking and who's really kind and caring."

He frowned. Who is she talking about? Can she possibly have someone in her mind right now? Who is it?! Hanbin thought.

Hanbin decided to try and push his luck. "Someone like who?"

You , "Bobby-oppa? Nah, he's more of a big brother to me. Oh, Jinhwan-oppa! He dances really well, plus he's an amazing vocalist. Even though he doesn't really rap, I bet he can do it if he tries. And he's really good-looking too!" You sighed.

You notice him twitch even when he had his usual resting () face on. He suddenly walked towards you and handed you your bag.

"Here. You left it in the practice room. Goodbye."

 


"Jinan-hyung." Hanbin called, going straight to the older guy's room as soon as he got home.

"Hm?" Jinhwan answered.

"Don't ever think about learning anything about rapping." 

Jinhwan, who didn't even know what was happening, just shrugged it off, thinking it was another one of Hanbin's semi-conscious gibberish. 

 


"So, how did it go?" Bobby said, leaning over Hanbin's legs.

"How did what go?" BI answered tiredly as he tried to sleep. He never really slept at all back in the practice room. He would rest for half an hour, then something, like the hardness of the floor or the lack of pillows and blankets, would wake him up.

"Your time with Ji Ae."

At this, Hanbin became fully awake and pushed Bobby, sending him tumbling on the floor.

"Yah, what was that for?!"

"You set me up!"

Bobby laughed, "Oh, so you just realized that now?"

"Kim Jiwon, you are so going to die today." Hanbin dangerously muttered, before Bobby screamed bloody murder and sprinted away, leaving Hanbin running after him.

 


"I know what you need." Soo Gi suddenly said, sitting crossed-leg on the hardwood floor of the practice room, "You need to meet someone and go on a date."

You grimaced, "Why?"

"Because you're a poor, lonely soul who just needs some love and care." She answered nonchalantly.

"I get enough love and care from you guys."

"It's not the same!" She insisted, "I am going to set up a blind date for you, whether you like it or you like it. You have no say in this matter. Just trust me."

"Why are you even interfering with my love life? You already have yours." You whined.

"Because you're a poor, lonely soul who just needs some love and care. Do I have to repeat myself again?"

"Oh my god." You groaned. "Junhoe, where are you?" You looked around, spotting the boy and yelling his name to get his attention. "Please restrain your girlfriend. She is bothering me."

Junhoe laughed before getting up and pulling Soo Gi with him, while the latter just resisted.

"Oh, I am so going to continue this plan, Jang Ji Ae!" She shouted.

 


"Yah! Ouch! That hurts! Be careful with my hair!" You yelped as Soo Gi tried to fix her hair.

"Beauty is pain, my dear best friend." The girl countered.

"When did I even agree to this?!" You wailed.

 "Never. That's why we're doing it," Mi Jae causally said, walking in with two outfits on hand. "Hey Soo. Which outfit do you think he'll like better?"

Soo Gi turned her head and scanned the clothes Mi Jae was holding, and curiously, you did too.

"Yah, I don't wear dresses." you interrupted, "Or skirts."

"I think we should go more his style. Just simple and a bit casual, with hip hop thrown in." Soo Gi suggested.


Which is why you are now wearing a plain blue v-neck pullover, jean shorts, black stockings and your favorite dark blue wedged boots. Your hair is in a styled ponytail, and its color perfectly matches your outfit. Your make up, done by Mi Jae, was kept to a minimum.

"Be nice, okay?" Your best friends reminded you before sending you off to a nearby restaurant, which is why you figured out that your blind date probably lives near too.

You entered the restaurant, eyes looking for a guy who resembles the description Mi Jae gave you. You read her message again.

 

From: Mi Jae

He's wearing a white Mickey Mouse shirt and jeans, and he has a black beanie on. Have fun, and be nice, okay? :)


You glanced around. Now, where are you, mister Mickey Mouse?
 

"Excuse me, is there a reservation for Jang Ji Ae?" you asked the waitress, feeling too lazy to search for the guy.

"Just a sec, Ma'am." She replied, and looked at the list of reservations, "Ah, yes, there is, ma'am. Please follow me." She gestures, and you followed.

"Table 18. Just call me if you're going to order, ma'am." She smiled, bowed a bit and left.

When you arrived at the table, he was there, but his back was facing you. Somehow, when you approached him, you felt a familiar feeling, like you know this guy, so you timidly tapped his shoulder, and lo and behold, it was Kim Hanbin!

"You?!" Both of you blinked, surprised. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't think it would be you. Oh, Soo Gi's so gonna get it." You apologized, not meeting his eyes, you still really haven't made up, after all.

"Soo Gi? I thought Jiwon was the one who planned this." He frowned a bit.

Your head snapped up. "Jiwon? Bobby-oppa? That little sh-"

"Anyway," he cut you off. "I figured this would be nice too, so why not? We never really had a proper start, so maybe we should start over, but let's sit down first."

He came over to your side and pulled your chair for you, signaling you to sit down.

You stared at him, wondering what made him that way. Maybe he's really lost it, you thought.

"Hey, I'm Kim Hanbin, but people call me BI. I'm 19 years old, and I'm the leader of YG's upcoming boygroup, iKon. I have a little sister named Hanbyul, and I love her to bits. I akso love my members a lot, and without them, I wouldn't be where I am right now. When I first found out that your group was going to train with us, all I thought was it was going to feel like when we had Mix and Match all over again, and I guess that was why it took a long time for me to warm up to you girls. You, out of the three girls, stood out because your your exceptional dancing skills, which was probably why I was the hardest on you. I saw your potential, so I pushed you even more. Junhoe is now helping Soo Gi improve, and Bobby helps Mi Jae in dancing, and Yunhyeong hyung helps her in singing. I know that Jinhwan hyung helps you too, but I get irittated at him when he does that. I like seeing you dance, and your rapping is amazing. I loke how sometimes, you're so shy, but when you're around your friends, you get crazy and you let it all loose." He paused for a while, and smiled a but at you, "Your turn."

You stared at him, trying to comprehend what was he thinking.

Who are you and what have you done to Kim Hanbin?

"Yah, I'm making an effort here." Hanbin suddenly said, in his tiger mode.

You blinked, "Uh, oh, yeah. So um, I'm Jang Ji Ae." You awkwardly started, fiddling with your hands. "I'm 18, and I'm the dancer of our group, which is still nameless, thanks to our CEO. I live with my two best friends in our dorm, and I like to laze around a lot. I get irritated when you scold me, because it seems like I'm the only one you see when we practice, even when all your members and my members are there. It's embarrassing that you saw me get crazy, but yeah, that's me." You laughed.

"I'm glad we had this chance to start again and explain why I'm always like that." BI smiled.

"I think you're just jealous of Jinhwan oppa." You teased, already feeling comfortable with the guy.

Hanbin, in denial, frowned, "I am not."

You just laughed.

 


A few tables away, disguised in glasses and scarves, were Soo Gi, Mi Jae, Bobby and Junhoe, all watching the two interact.

Soo Gi rolled her eyes, still a bit mad at Hanbin. Bobby was the one who convinced her to set up Hanbin and Ji Ae. She originally planned to set Ji Ae up with Jinhwan, who was a lot nicer than BI.

Bobby, on the contrary, sighed seeing the pair look like they are a couple, "Finally." 

 


Will be editing this later, because editing using mobile . Subscriptions, comments and upvotes are greatly appreciated! :)