FINAL

A Night To Remember

OH MY GOSH GUYS!! THANK YOU SO FOR THE SUBSCRIPTIONS EVEN THE CHAPTER WASN'T UP YET !!! YOU GUYS ARE SO NICE ;-;

and im not proud of this, i just had to get this out of my mind. soz if it T.T

_______________________________________________

 

Taekwoon was gonna fall asleep after the long day, forcing his eyes open when suddenly he heard the front door of their dorm open. It was Hakyeon. The leader had been out the few nights during their break for a drama shooting and only comes home during midnight or sometimes even at 5 or 6 in the morning. 

As much as Taekwoon wants to sleep, he waits for Hakyeon every night. 

Hakyeon may not notice though, he comes into the dorm with his eyelids heavily drooping and bangs flopping infront of his tired eyes. He’d usually take a bath and brushed his teeth before whispering goodnight into the darkness of the room and tucked Taekwoon further into his blanket, then only he slips under his own sheets.

Taekwoon never replies, though. He doesn’t need the leader to know about him staying awake for him. He’d be in fits. 

But tonight, Hakyeon slips into Taekwoon's sheets after coming out from his bath, and invaded too much of his personal space. Not like he minded anyway, but Taekwoon has to breathe to stay alive. He feels like his heart won’t stay still and its probably not healthy, considering how fast it was beating against his ribcage. The heavy thump of his heartbeats deafens his own ears, and he worries if Hakyeon would heard him.

He shuts his eyes tight, trying hard not to breathe in Hakyeon’s scent because its so hard and damn, he just had to use Sanghyuk’s vanilla shampoo and it smells hella good on him. Hakyeon probably sensed how tense Taekwoon became, he tucked himself under Taekwoon’s warm sheets and lied on his side with this left arm as a pillow, staring at Taekwoon’s features and wondering how God managed to make such a beautiful creature. 

He subconsciously raised his hands up to Taekwoon’s face, swiping his bangs out of his face, only to have it fall back down again, covering his closed eyes. “Are you not gonna sleep? Its two something the last time I checked.” 

Taekwoon gave up on pretending, he opened his eyes to see Hakyeon staring at him. “not when you’re so close to me, Hakyeon-ah. I can’t breathe.” He’s once again thankful for the darkness of the room and how stupid Hakyeon is to not realise the duo-meanings of his statement. Hakyeon smiled, but made no effort to move away because retorting is just not Hakyeon at all. Then Taekwoon saw how Hakyeon was all dressed up in PJs and ready to sleep. His eyes red and tired from all the filming. “Was it a crying scene?” he asked, hoping he’d say yes because the thought of Hakyeon crying not for a drama just kills him.

“how’d you know?” Hakyeon looks up in surprise, “There were so many NGs just now oh my gosh. The director wasn’t happy with the lead actress. I had to cry so much” Hakyeon ranted as he pouted and rubbed his eyes tiredly.

Taekwoon smiled, gosh he really does smiles a lot when it involves Hakyeon. He loves it when Hakyeon tells him about his day. Hakyeon had always been a great friend to not only him, but everyone else in the group as well. He puts other people before himself, take care of them to a point where he doesn’t even remember about himself. And Taekwoon is thankful for that, but he’s also worried. Hakyeon never speaks for himself, its always ‘How was your day?’, ‘was practice hard for you?’, ‘what happened at your interview?’, ‘how did your filming go?’. It was always about other people. 

Then on one winter day, when Taekwoon was the first one to reach their practice room to see Hakyeon on the couch asleep, tired from all the choreographs he had to put together. He grabbed a blanket and gently placed it on top of the leader’s sleeping figure. Gently running his fingers through the leader's bright red hair, "Nights, Hakyeon-ah." he wispered as he walked away. Shushing the other members that were coming towards the practice room, as loud as they originaly are. "Guys, let's skip practice today, Hakyeon will deal with manager-hyung" he lied to them as they cheered, making plans to go out for a movie or whatsoever.

"What about Hakyeon-hyung?" Hongbin asked, scanning sround for the missing leader. "Yeah, we can't play without him!!" Jaehwan yelled, only to get shushed by Taekwoon again.

"He's dealing with manager-hyung, I'll wait for him, you guys better run before you get caught." He smiled, manager-hyung will forgive them just this once, Hakyeon really needed rest, anyway. The members looked at him, giving him judging looks with eyebrows raised. But they never questioned him because if Jung Taekwoon doesn't wan't to tell you a thing, you'll never get it out of him, unless you're as annoying as Hakyeon. They shrugged as they started to give in and walked away to plan some 'great vacation'. Then he made up his mind then and there that he should be the one that takes care of Hakyeon. Because let’s be honest here, the members can’t even take care of themselves for God’s sake.

Hakyeon woke up at 6 something in the evening, with a sticky note on his forehead saying, "come home, I'm doing fried chicken tonight. -Leo" Then if he squinted his eyes enough, there's a line of messy mini hand writing saying "hope you slept well, Hakyeon-ah, don't work too hard and remember to take a break sometimes" and there was a heart at the back of the message, small enough to look almost like a full-stop.

Taekwoon smiled at the memories of manager-hyung yelling at them, and the looks of the confused members, and Hakyeon. Hakyeon was looking at him in some way that says a mix of 'thank you', 'why did you do that' and 'you're an idiot' shining in his eyes. He just smiled at Hakyeon. 

Hakyeon's tired yawn woke him up from his little flashback he just had.

“Your eyes are gonna be puffy tomorrow, you should sleep.” Taekwoon didn’t know where he found the boldness to do it. Maybe it was the darkness, or maybe it was just the existence of the guy in front of him. He reached out and gently hold back Hakyeon’s hand that were rubbing his eyes. He traced Hakyeon’s eyes as they flutter shut. “did you bath with cold water again?”

“Don’t ruin the mood, Taekwoon.” Hakyeon joked. His eyes still close, amazed at how fast Taekwoon finds out about stuff and how detailed he is. “Jaehwan has a filming in a few hours, there won’t be enough hot water for the kids, the heater in his room is broken as well so” He explained, as Taekwoon’s feet lightly brushed over his, sending shivers up his spine.

“Hakyeon, we don’t even have a heater in our room. You're freezing cold, gosh.” Taekwoon rubbed their feet against each other’s, trying to give Hakyeon some warmth. 

“You can be my heater, I don’t mind.” Hakyeon said, giving him a sheepish laugh. Taekwoon was speechless. 

“Let’s sleep.” He said, but the upward tug of their lips as he enveloped the elder in a hug was unmistakable. 

“Goodnight, Taekwoonie.” Hakyeon whispered into Taekwoon’s shoulder as the hands held tighter around his shoulder.

“Nights, Hakyeon.” Taekwoon said into the top of Hakyeon’s hair, the vanilla smell invading his nostrils. “oh, btw, can you please use more of hyukkie’s shampoo? you smell so good I swear.”

Hakyeon laughs so hard, “what do I even do with you?”

“you?” Taekwoon grins, “just love me.”

“OH MY GOSH.” Hakyeon wheezes, and he broke into fits of laughter while Taekwoon starts considering his life choices and jabbing Hakyeon in the ribs, trying to hide away his embarrassment. 

It was a weird night for both of them, they were tired, but none of them could fall asleep, wanting the moment to last longer, wishing that time would just stop and that the night will never end, wanting to stay in each other’s arms even if its just for a little while longer. On top of that, too many cheesy things were spilling out of Taekwoon’s mouth and Hakyeon decided that he likes Jung Taekwoon a lot more than a normal friend slash teammate slash roommate should.

Taekwoon, too, thinks that he may not hate Cha Hakyeon that much, he could be the perfect boyfriend material. Don’t point on him for that, he’s just saying.

And if the following week, Sanghyuk runs around the dorm at 6 in the morning yelling about ‘someone’ that’d used up his vanilla shampoo a fan gave to him, none of them says a thing.