never in his life

never in his life

Oh SeHun, a hotshot lawyer, believed everything that happened in his life was created under a strict law – whether law of nature, God’s law, or simply his own law. Everyone who heard him saying that would only stare at him in confusion, and maybe laughed at him inwardly.

 

Oh SeHun hated it when someone broke a law right under his nose. But it didn’t happen when Jung SooJung scratched his car with her pink bike. SeHun didn’t say anything when he saw what she had just done to his expensive car. He didn’t throw a tantrum nor preach the girl about a hundred ways to be a careful and responsible person. He also didn’t tell what law she’d just breached. SeHun only stared at this girl who frantically said all sorry words she knew. It was no doubt he was in a blank state, feeling his world stopped for a minute. It was surely a new thing for him.

 

 

Oh SeHun never thought that he would sacrifice his god-like face into a stranger’s filthy hands. He never imagined himself fighting with a bunch of crooks for a silly reason. He had beaten four guys only to save this girl who sat across him. He let his expensive tux covering the fragile body of Jung SooJung. She trembled and looked like a broken doll which made him really wanted to hug her. He knew she was scared.

The most surprise thing was when he braved himself to hug the girl.

“Don’t be scared. I will always protect you.” That was the silliest thing he had ever said.

 

 

Oh SeHun never wanted to remember people’s names whom he classified as non-important person. But, once again, it didn’t happen to Jung SooJung. He always remembered that name as if it was carved in his mind so that he wouldn’t forget it. Kim JongIn, his one and only best friend, by saying that soon he would forget his own name because the only name he would remember was Jung SooJung. SeHun could only laugh.

 

 

Oh SeHun also never thought he would do such nonsense thing like pulling up his car in front of a small cream-painted café. He did that for one reason – to meet his girl, Jung SooJung. He claimed her as his girl in 48 hours after he hugged her.

He went into the café and found SooJung was serving a customer. He smiled when he saw her sweet face, a cliché action of a man in love. At that time, she didn’t smile back.

 

 

Oh SeHun was never nervous to say anything. He was that lawyer whom everyone scared of. He never experienced loss of words – but not in front of Jung SooJung. He was tongue-tied and if he opened his mouth, he would slur his words. But, after two sequence weeks of visiting the café every afternoon, he finally chatted with his dream girl. Stuttering, he asked her an obscure question, “Do you remember me?” When she nodded, his heart burst out with joy.

 

 

Oh SeHun never felt this enthusiast just because he was going to walk someone home, but it was different with SooJung. He acted like a five-year-old boy, smiling perpetually as he walked beside her.

He needed one week to finally ask SooJung to have dinner with him. They spent the night in the café then went to the park to know each other further. When he told JongIn about that, this friend of him couldn’t stop laughing. “That was lame.” He said that and continued to laugh. Then, SeHun pouted. It was new.  

JongIn was astonished with this new version of SeHun.

 

 

 

Kimbab?”

Oh SeHun never giggled. Never. But, Jung SooJung proved that he was wrong. He giggled like a teenage girl when she made him lunch. She handed him the lunchbox and mumbled a cheesy ‘fighting’. SeHun’s face reddened. Oh SeHun never thought that this face would be this crimson. Not even when he was angry. But, it was always different with Jung SooJung. This girl, with her bright and clear eyes, could make him anxious and did silly things.

 

One night SooJung unexpectedly gave a quick peck on SeHun’s lips. He thought he was going to faint.

 

 

Oh SeHun never thought time would pass so slowly when he was going to say thing he never told anyone before. He only said this to Jung SooJung.

“I love you.”

And, that was the time SeHun realized he had done everything he never thought he would do in his life.

 

***