Kyungsoo

Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What more can I ask for? A beautiful husband, happiness, a roof over my head, homecooked meals and more from the one I love, Kyungsoo. After a delicious meal and his oh-so-much-more-than-delicious desserts, (a few cheesecake flavored smooches here and there, because why not?), the bed seemed like a good idea. Cuddling is nice; it can be just as good and eating his food, Kyungs-

 

“Whatcha thinking about, jjagi?” Kyungsoo is looking at him with a cute smile and that, whole bottom lip in my his mouth, lip bite. So adorable that Jongin can’t help, but smile with a shake of his head.

 

“Just thinking of how lucky I am to have you right no- ow..” I chuckle from the pain he just impacted on my chest, from a blushing Kyungsoo.

 

“Stop it~” he whines trying to turn over but I stop him, putting a knee on either side of his thighs. He must be sensing what’s about to happen.

 

“What are you doing?” He asks with big playful eyes. I just smile cutely and tickle his sides.

 

“Kim Jong-AHAhAHAHa-MERCY, PLE-.” Almost getting kneed in the nards, I don’t know whether to thank the phone for saving me, or to pout because Kyungsoo isn’t under me anymore. He answers the phone with ‘professionalism’ dripping from his tongue.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Pause. “Yes, this is he.” Another pause.

 

His eyes get big and he grins, looking to me. Now he’s jumping around, squealing, and throwing pillows. He even threw one at my face. Nice. He seemed to be pretty excited. He hangs up after exchanging a few more words with whoever he was talking to and walks back to the bed.

 

“Who was it?” Asking with obvious curiosity written all over my face.

 

“NASA.” My eyes widen. “ I got accepted to be the one to go to the moon for their second landing there.” He grins again, but I frown. Nothing but worry filling my head. Questions. Doubts. “So, you’re traveling to the moon.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“By yourself?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“When?”

 

“Tomorrow.” ...Mwo?

 

“Mwo? Tomorrow? You mean morning, as in the next 9 hours, morning?”

 

“Yes. Tomorrow morning.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?! Did you even consider telling me?! Maybe at least even a ‘Hey, Jongin I entered my name into a contest to fly to the moon’ explanation would’ve been good!! What if something happens?! Like you get stuck halfway there, you run out of gas, no more food considering you might cook it all on your way there, or you get STRANDED on the MOON AFTER LANDING ON THE MOON!? WHAT I-”

 

“JONGIN!!” Kyungsoo yells at me to stop me from yelling any further. Soon after I notice red watery eyes staring, not so softly at me. I stare right back, but not for long because soon a tear rolls down his cheek. I sigh, a deep one, running my hands through my hair, and down my neck letting them rest there for a bit before going to embrace a troubled Satan.

 

“There’s just a lot of things that could go wrong with this, baby. I’m feeling a lot more worry than I am happiness, because you’re going to be the only one up there. The amount of time I’m assuming you’re going to be gone being Mr. Einstein on the moon, is going to feel like a thousand years. I just wish you would’ve told me ahead of time. This is such, such short notice..” I notice I’ve been talking into his hair and holding his little hand in mine. I kiss the top of his head and stand back to wipe his wet cheeks from his tears. “Uljimayo. I didn’t mean to yell… Kyungsoo-ah.” Even with my apology, I feel it isn’t even and since he isn’t responding, he must be thinking what I’m feeling.

 

“You didn’t have to yell…”

 

“I didn’t me-”

 

“You could’ve just been calm about it.”

 

“Who would be calm about something like that?” My voice is rising in volume, again, “You’re going TO THE MOON!” I make sure to emphasize the last few words, because it isn’t Earth he is going to be on.

 

He looks up at me with tears building up in his eyes.“Tomorrow. Was I just going to wake up and you not be next to me in bed? Were you going to get up and leave me without a goodbye?”

 

There’s a pause and he sniffles.

 

“Kyung, please do-”

 

“I’m going.” We stare at one another for a while before he starts again, “Whether you like it or not.” He unwraps my arms from his waist with a pout, grabs his keys and his jacket from the chair, with me following him.

 

“Where are you going?” I grab his arm and he glares at me, snatching his arm away. “If this is about me yelling, you should understand Kyungsoo, you told me mere hours before you decided to leave our atmosphere.”

 

He rushes out the door, towards his car, not even bothering to answer or respond to me, but I still tail him.

 

“Kyungsoo.” I keep calling his name just to get no response at all. Kyungsoo gets into the car and slams the car door shut, seconds before starting the engine.

 

“Kyungsoo!” I pound my fists on his window, “Kyungsoo, ing answer me. Respond!! Kyungsoo!!” Kyungsoo jumps from the kick against his car door, turning his head to look at Jongin with watering eyes, scoffing before pulling away. Leaving Jongin with the sight of his teary face. Going back into the house, Jongin tries calling him. First, just until the annoying voicemail lady came. Then, leaving voicemails.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter