Bus Stop It

Bus Stop It

My first fill for the blog 7fics! Read the original prompt/post here

Please comment/subscribe/upvote thnx babes


”Hurry up, Jaebum, we’re going to be late for class!” Jaebum quickened his pace, hurrying to get to the bus before it took off without him. Making it on, he settled into his usual seat, and was about to sleep as he usually did when a mark on the wall distracted him. 

 

“What the hell?” he thought, taking in the weird shapes that seemed to make up figure. “Hey, Jinyoung, do you have any of those tissue wipes?” As always, Jinyoung was prepared and Jaebum quickly set to work erasing the atrocity decorating the side of the bus. Satisfied with his work, he went on with his work and soon forgot about it. 

 

 

The next day Jaebum got on the bus as usual, ready to go about his day when he saw that the wall had been vandalized, once again. “Jinyoung, could you pass me another one of those tissue wipes?”

 

“Calm down your OCD, it’s just a doodle. Not like it’s going to kill you or anything,” Jinyoung sighed as he passed over the tissue.

 

“It is my duty as a respectable citizen using public transport to protect the shared environment we live in,” Jaebum grumbled, mind set on eradicating all traces of marker from the walls.

 

“You are not a respectable citizen,” Jinyoung scolded, bringing up the one time they had skipped school and gotten in trouble, tarnishing his perfect records. (He blamed Jaebum, of course.)

 

“Whatever, just give me another wipe. This kid went all out this time.”

 

 

He just couldn’t catch a break, could he? This was the fifth day this week that Jaebum had had to clean up after some stranger’s mess. Through out the week, there had been a person, maybe, an elephant and a giraffe, some other unintelligible blobs, and the latest, a “Super ” comic. He was assuming this stranger was a middle schooler, based off their artistic skill and immaturity. With a sigh, he set to cleaning up the mess using Jinyoung’s wet tissues. This time, however, he had prepared himself with a sticky note and marker. 

 

Satisfied with his lettering, he stepped back (or rather, leaned back… There wasn’t much room with Jinyoung in the way) to admire his work. 

 

“PLEASE DO NOT DRAW ON THE WALLS”

 

He hoped the capital letters would get the message across, because he hadn’t been able to use any vulgar language on a message that would be visible in a public space because if he did, he wouldn’t be a very respectable citizen if he did. (Jaebum liked to emphasize things in his head, even if the person he was trying to get his message across to couldn’t hear them. Maybe they were telepathic, or something.) 

 

Finally at peace, he was able to leave the bus with a smile on his face.

 

 

The next day, the smile was gone. 

 

“This motherer really wants to play, don't they?” Jaebum growled, harshly ripping a new sticky note out of his bag. 

 

“Why, what’s wrong?” Jinyoung asked, peering over Jaebum’s shoulders. “PLEASE DO NOT ERASE MY BANKSY LEVEL ART, “ he read aloud. “Oh, that’s good. And hey, he even wrote ‘Society’ on the wall. I think he’s flirting, you should give him your number.”

 

“No, I should teach them a lesson. They want to play, I can’t leave them hanging like that. That would be very ungentlemanly of me. Anyway, there’s no guarantee that it’s a he, Jinyoung,” Jaebum said, writing out his message. 

 

“Well, there’s only one way to find out!” Jinyoung said, snatching Jaebum’s pen. “R u a boy or a girl?”

 

“That grammar really takes away from my message, you know,” Jaebum whined, retrieving his note and sticking it on the wall. 

 

“Ah, yes, the message of ‘, try me,’ is really deep and profound.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

 

“Hey, that’s ad hominem and completely unnecessary!”

 

“You’re talking to a wall and that’s completely unnecessary. Here’s a wipe,” Jinyoung said, passing one over. At least they were being put to some use nowadays. 

 

“He called me a piss head! And he said that he was better than me! He doesn’t even know me!” Jaebum whined, furiously writing down his own comeback. 

 

“Well,” said Jinyoung, looking over his friend’s shoulder. “He’s also a boy. And he wants to know if you’re a boy or a girl. You’re actually having a conversation with somebody other than me, I’m so proud of you Jaebum. Here, take this card, I prepared it just in case.”

 

“‘It’s a boy!’” Jaebum read aloud. “What’s this for?”

 

“You looked like you were running out of room, and now he’ll know you’re a boy. Very important. I suggest taking out the ‘You must have no friends, how immature can you get’ part of your message,” Jinyoung reasoned. “That’s ad hominem, you know.”

 

“He started it. I’m only paying him back a favor!” Jaebum said, completing his note with a flourish and sticking it in the window sill.

 

“Is it just me, or does that sound extremely ual?”

 

 

The next day, Jinyoung wasn’t with him as he got on the bus. His only friend was out sick, and it had just been a generally terrible day. Not at all fun. Getting on the bus and seeing the message made his mood drop drastically.

 

“well you’re the one talking to a wall, how lonely can you be?”

 

“Very,” he said out loud, even with nobody to listen. He scratched out a note, which stretched far longer than he had anticipated. Reading back over the note, he realized how lame he must sound, talking about how he had only one friend, sounding so desperate that he sought comfort in a wall. Like the vandal said, how lonely could he be? Jaebum crumpled up the note and let it fall on the floor, leaving without picking it up. 

 

 

“hey man i found your note, and if you ever want to talk about it you can”

 

Jaebum noticed that this time there wasn’t a drawing on the wall. For some reason, he found himself disappointed. “Whatever, this is stupid,” he spoke as he wrote, and slapped the note to the window before quickly getting off the bus and following Jinyoung quickly, bumping into people on his way down the steps. 

 

 

“Woah, that was ing rude.”

 

“Watch your language, Mark,” Bambam chided, making his way to their usual seat.

 

“He just ran into me and didn’t even say sorry!” Mark whined, sitting down with a thump.

 

“Okay, well I still have to finish my essay, so please be quiet and entertain yourself in other ways,” Bambam answered distractedly. “Oh wait, did you get another note? Why won’t you show me the last one, come on! You should ask him for his number, see if he’s cute. Or better yet, seduce him with your handsome looks; leave a picture of us! But I’m cuter, what if he likes me more?”

 

Mark wasn’t even listening at this point, contemplating the meaning of the last two messages. 

 

“Maaaaark,” Bambam whined, peering over his shoulder. “Let me seeeeeeeee~”

 

“Shut up, I thought you had to go work on your essay?” Mark answered, digging around in his backpack for a pen.

 

“It can wait, let me see what he wrote!”

 

“Okay, fine, give me a pen,” he answered, taking it and leaving what he hoped sounded encouraging and not too intrusive.

 

“‘Okay, well, that’s okay too. Just, whatever, feel free to talk about anything. Anyways, how’s your day? Mine’s started out okay, some dickhead ran into me on the bus and didn’t even say sorry, but it’s—“

 

“Jesus Christ, Bambam. You don’t have to read it out loud!”

 

 

Jaebum contemplated the note he received, before deciding to give it a chance. Why not, he seemed nice enough didn’t he? (Only if you ignored the completely unnecessary insults.)

 

“Oh, sorry about that. I’m usually more mannered, I was just a bit distracted. Can we talk about it?”