Someone to Eat Fried Chicken With

Someone to Eat Fried Chicken With

"So Onew-hyungie have you asked Luna on a date yet?" Taemin asks in between obnoxious slurps of milk from his usual bowl of sugary cereal.
Heaven forbid the boy have a meal consisting of nutritional substances.

"WHAT?!" Jonghyun blurts out, standing up so quickly his own bowl topples to the ground.

As Key nags (and physically abuses) the clueless dino for his clumsiness while furiously trying to save his beloved kitchen rugs from milk stains, Minho is dangerously close to sleepily drowning in his leftover milk having inhaled his cereal at an alarming rate.
The rest of the boys have grown used to Minho's persistent need to be number one in everything, from eating to even pissing.

"I have no idea what you mean Taeminnie," Onew says after grasping what has been asked of him and forcefully removing Key's hands from Jonghyun's neck.

Key had been increasingly angry at his hyung lately and the sullying of his expensive rugs had apparently finally pushed him over the edge. While Onew knew that it was only because Key liked Jonghyun more than he should, Jonghyun was under the impression that his best friend had  him.


"Well, you like her hyung. So you have to ask her on a date. And then get laid. It's just how it goes."

"Um, what'd you say Taemin??" the older members question in unison.

"You hyungs heard me." Taemin says and tips his bowl to down the rest of his milk, not even batting an eyelash and heading to the living room couch.

Puberty had really done a number on Taemin. Once so innocent and sweet he'd taken to knowing far too much about and far too little about anything else.
Of course, Minho had no objections to his dongsaeng's hormones and it was suprising that his hands hadn't found their usual perch on the younger boy's small thighs this morning.

"I like you alot more these days, Taemin. It was hard being the only innapropriate one," Jong says with a wide grin as he pats Taemin on the shoulder proudly, "but anyway, what's this about Dubu and yLegs Luna?"

"Do you have to call her that?" Onew says. Jonghyun made facepalming a common action in this dorm.

"Yes. It's her own fault for having y legs. You said yourself that she had nice thighs, Jinki, and you only ever say that about chicken."

"You're a ing idiot," Kibum says coolly, not even looking up from wiping off the kitchen table.

Jonghyun shoots Key a nasty glare which goes completely unnoticed of course, and turns back to Onew.

"So you like her? Like really like her?" he asks, "How old is she? Like Taemin's age?"

"It doesn't matter how old she is," Taemin says, head popping up over the back of the couch. His hair was clearly disheveled and since Minho was nowhere to be found it could safely be assumed he was beneath the younger boy, hidden by the couch.

"I really would appreciate it if you wouldn't deflower my child where I can clearly witness it, Minho," Key says, massaging his temples and shaking his head.

It's hard out here for an umma when you're child has way too many active hormones and his boyfriend has absolutely no self control.

"So do you like her, Jinki??" Key asks his eyes following Taemin and Minho's bodies retreating to their room before he scowls.

"I mean...like...she's really cute...and funny. And...yeah?" Onew says, smiling "but she's too young for me...and I'm kind of a dork in case you guys didn't know." he finishes no longer smiling but now having a staring contest with the floor tiling.

"You aren't a dork, hyung!" Taemin yells from down the hall startling the three older males in the living room who had assumed he'd be busy ing with Minho.

"I know what you're thinking, and no, we aren't. We're playing Left 4 Dead," Minho says.

Key sighs in relief at the lack of ual activity and Jong chuckles before resuming 20 questions with the leader.

"Yeah you are, but at least she's a dork too. In fact, You're like the two dorkiest people in Idol land. You practically belong together. You can make herp-derping, thunder thighs having, chicken-eating, klutzy spawn and it will be-"

"Do you ever shut up?!" Key yells, throwing a spoon at Jonghyun. It was the nearest object he could reach.

"What is your problem, Kibum??" Jong says advancing on the younger boy.

Ever the stubborn little thing, Key only crosses his arms and manages the angriest look such a cute kitty face could muster.

"Nothing. What's your problem?"

Onew knew this was the moment (Key and Jonghyun were a foot apart arguing animatedly) where usually he would channel like his inner Yoda or Dumbledore and solve his dongsaengs problem but if he always fixed everything for them, they'd never learn to do it themselves. And besides, he currently had bigger problems than their love lives:
His own love life.
And to be specific, the lack of Luna in said love life.

While it wasn't like he'd never had a girlfriend before, he'd never had the best luck when it came to matters of the heart.

He was far too clumsy.
He was far too awkward.
And what worried him the most was that Luna may find him far too old.

He really liked the girl, he couldn't lie.

When their groups would end up together, she would stay near him and with every squeal of "Oppa" or every innocent hug he would only like her more.

And her voice.
He Loved her voice.

Sometimes they'd sit together in corners, singing each other's parts in low, hushed voices. She'd smile and suddenly the lyrics to "Chu" were nowhere to be found in his head and she'd pick up from there smiling.  
"Oppa, you never remember these lyrics" and he'd think how these lyrics don't matter and no lyrics matter when she's holding his hands and singing.

Singing to him.
Singing for him.

So he liked Luna.

But there was no way this feeling could be mutual, because she could have so much better and she probably wanted so much better.

"I've called your name 6 times now, Jinki-hyung." Key says, unaware he'd just saved the leader from spiralling further into low self-esteem.

"Oh, Kibum, I'm sorry, yes?"

"I think she feels the same." Key smiles and it's only then does Onew look down at the boy's hands.

His fingers are laced together with Jonghyun's.

"You should tell her how you feel, hyung," Jjong says not bothering to look away from Key.

When did this happen? Onew muses as he observes the two younger boys smiling at each other.

"Whatever you do, hyung, don't take the same approach Kibum did," Jong says and Key pouts and playfully punches the older boy who only laughes in return.

Onew didn't know what approach to take but Heaven knows he wanted to have one to take.

I'm not made for romance, Onew thinks as he realizes that all the ideas he's thought up for telling Luna his feelings involve food.

"She likes food, though, and you need someone to eat fried chicken with" Taemin exclaims and Onew is both suprised and apalled that he'd apparently been thinking out loud and that Taemin had popped out of thin air.

He ignored the screaming red blotches on the young boy's neck not wanting to  end up so bitter at his age.

"I don't think food is the way to go, though, Taeminnie. You should take her shopping!" Key squeals, hands clasped together in excitement.

The other boys stare at Kibum with looks that say "Are you dumb?" and Minho breaks the silence by suggesting a game of soccer. Go figure. You can always expect intense sports to be on Minho's mind.

"Just back her into a corner and pounce!" Jong says wagging his eyebrows in a way that rivalled Siwon hyung's.

"Now I see why your relationship with Sekyung didn't last," Minho says.

"No, hyungie, I'm pretty sure it didn't last because Jjong likes ." Taemin giggles.

"Both of you shut up, this isn't even about me, it's about...hey, where's Onew hyung??!!"

That's right, Onew had wandered off. He was on his way to the f(x) dorm. One phrase Taemin had murmured had sent his mind into overdrive...

"Someone to eat fried chicken with."

Is that all People cared about when it came to him?
Fried chicken?
He liked other things and so help him, God, he liked Luna.

He didn't want someone to eat fried chicken with. He wanted Luna.
No food.
No Onew Condition.
No bad jokes.
He wanted to be more than that for her.
He wanted to be more than that for himself.

"Onew oppa, what are you doing here?" Sulli questioned with a smile.

"Is Luna around?" He asked, the newfound confidence rolling off him in waves.

"Yeah, I'll go get her!" the young girl says excitedly, spinning on heel to retreat in the dorm in search of her unnie.

Onew's new confidence quickly begins to waver when Luna appears in the doorway..
She's the very epitome of beautiful and he's suddenly feeling awkward all over again.
So awkward.
Is it natural to sweat this much? But more importantly, is it natural to feel this much for one girl?

"Jinki." she says quietly with a smile.

The fact she calls him by his name, not "Onew" and not even "oppa" makes him feel like he could fall in love.
Heaven knows he wouldn't mind to fall so deep with the young girl.

So he takes the leap.

"Would you like to go do something with me?"

"Like get some food or something?" She asks with a cute smile.

"Um, no actually...like go to the park or something."

"That's cool, but I actually am hungry. Can we get some chicken and then go?"

She actually wanted chicken?
Not just to appease him, but because she actually wanted it herself?

"Um, yeah. Sounds good," he answers and she grabs his hand, closes the door and begins to walk.

When she stops and smiles at him, giving his hand a gentle squeeze in the process, Onew thinks maybe it's alright to have someone to eat fried chicken with.

No, it's alright to have Luna to eat fried chicken with.

 

 

 

OTL. I don't know what this is. Forgive me. I think as my writing speed increases, my quality decreases *cries*