In the 'Rain'

Oneshots Galore

In the ‘Rain’

 

White fluffy clouds dotted the pale blue sky as the sun shined its bright rays. Sliding the curtain closed, a soft sigh escaped your lips before pulling into a small smile. As if on cue you felt your partner’s arms wrap around your waist from behind, gently pulling you closer while nuzzling his nose against your bare neck.

 

“You’re not in bed,” he mumbled sleepily, voice muffled against your skin.

 

“Neither are you,” you answered, turning your head to place a kiss against his temple. A comfortable silence enveloped the two of you for a few moments before you wiggled out of his embrace, or tried to at least. He held on tighter and grunted softly. “Hyuk it’s late, we need to get going. We made a promise, remember?”

 

With an annoyed grumble he nodded and reluctantly let go of your waist, opting to hold onto your forearm. He tugged on your arm, leading you towards the bathroom. With an amused shake of your head and a chuckle you freed yourself from his grasp and pushed him the rest of the way from the back.

 

 

“Why are we doing this again?” Hyuk called out from across the row of strawberries.

 

“Because you made a promise to the owner the last time you were here.”

 

“Then why are you here?”

 

“Because you tricked me into coming here.”

 

“Oh… oh yeah that’s right. You’re pretty easy to convince. You know that right? I can probably get you into doing a lot more things if I tried.”

 

“I’m very well aware of that Hyuk,” you replied as you tossed a clean berry in his direction. He caught it in his mouth and rewarded you with a bright smile.

 

 

An hour later you were both on opposite ends of the long row, talking loudly to get your voices across to each other. “Don’t you think they could’ve done a better job at designing those costumes? I mean come on, their thigh high boots looked like and Io’s puffy shorts just looked odd.” Hyuk’s laughter filled the air as your little rant ended.

 

“So you get me to watch an anime of magical Sailor Moon like boys only to start talking about the enemies boots?” He’s crouched down on the floor facing your direction as you turn your back to him, cheeks tinted pink in embarrassment.

 

“Shut up, may I remind you that you’re the one that threw a fit when the stitching on your cosplay outfit didn’t match the anime exactly.” You expected to hear him retort with a smart answer but surprisingly he said nothing. You called out his name in confusion as you turned back around, only to be greeted with water being sprayed at you. You laughed as the cool liquid slides down your warm skin. With your arms up in front of you to block some of the water you walked in Hyuk’s general direction until he pulled you in for a hug. Hyuk held up the hose he found lying around, letting it spray up into the air and back down onto your bodies. You both laughed as you tried to reach for the hose to spray him more directly. But being the cheeky little brat he is he stretched out his arm every time you got closer to grabbing it.

 

“No fair,” you chuckled, leaning your head against his chest after giving up.

 

“All’s fair in love and war short stuff.” He patted your head playfully, his lips upturned in a smile.

 

You rolled your eyes and raised your head to get a look at the amusement in his expression. “I’m not short, you’re just freakishly tall.”

 

“Keep telling yourself that, shorty.” Hyuk leaned in and placed a kiss to your forehead. “But you’re my shorty, got that.” He chuckled and placed his lips against your own before you can retort. Your eyes flutter shut as you raise yourself on your toes to make things a little easier for him, using him to stabilize you. He pulls your lower lip between his teeth, gently nibbling on it before letting his tongue smooth over it. He pulls away slowly, leaning back in to peck your lips once more. “Kiss in the rain,” he mumbled softly.

 

You hummed in agreement, running your fingers through his wet locks. “Mm, who knew you was this cheesy.”