Final

Ruki and Jay

Ruki was fed up. He had a day off while the rest of the GazettE was recording. He’d seen a pair of sunglasses that he loved but he didn’t really want to go shopping alone, he wanted to go shopping with his shopping buddy, Jay, but he believed she was with some of the friends she made whilst in Japan. She was only 15 and would want to spend time with people her own age for once.

The doorbell rang and his dear pet Chihuahua, Koron, ran yapping to the door. He, himself went to the door and opened it. He was surprised to see Jay outside. He looked behind her and saw Aoi in his black car behind her. Aoi nodded at him and Ruki nodded back. Ruki then looked back to Jay and raised an eyebrow.

“Everyone is recording but you, and I have nothing to do. So dad has brought me here,” Jay replied to his look.

Aoi wound down his window and shouted up to Ruki. “She’s alright here isn’t she? We’re all busy down at the studio, and you’re the only one that isn’t busy! I was going to drop her off at Shou’s but apparently they’re on Hey!x3 today!”

“I’ve got her, Aoi!” Aoi drove off and Ruki turned to Jay. “Come on in.”

He let her in and instantly she was pounced on by Koron.

“Hey, boy! How are you? Has Shorty been looking after you properly?” Jay turned to Ruki and smirked. “I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: a small dog for a small person, Shorty.”

“Says the Chibi,” Ruki replied.

“Call me that again and I’ll break every pair of sunglasses you own AND set Miyavi on you. He has been stuck in meetings for weeks now and has been deprived of all fun. I’m sure he’ll find something creative for you.”

“You definitely are a little Aoi. Maybe I’ll call you ‘Little Blue’. Are you okay with that?”

“Ecstatic,” Jay replied dryly.

“Wait here,” Ruki said, standing. “And get your coat back on.” He walked out of the room and up the stairs.

“Where are we going?”

Ruki came back downstairs with his coat on. “Shopping.”

 

 

 

“Where are we going, Ruki?” Jay was currently being dragged through the mall by a panic stricken Ruki.

“I don’t want them to be sold out! They can’t be sold out!” Ruki really wanted those sunglasses. If they were sold out he didn’t know what he would do.

“WE’RE HERE! WE’RE HERE! WE’RE HERE!”

“TAKANORI! SHUT UP! I thought you were supposed to be keeping a low profile,” Jay yelled the whispered.

“But we’re here,” Ruki said childishly, dragging her into the store.

“I got that.”

Ruki went straight over to where he saw the sunglasses… and was overjoyed! He grabbed a pair and almost ran over to the queue less counter to pay.

He turned when he heard snorting. Jay was bent over at the waist, laughing at his actions, and drawing attention to them. He groaned, then dragged her over to the person at the register and paid.

“Oh my God! You’re… You’re… You’re…” She screamed. “ RUKI! OH MY GOD! RUKI, I LOVE YOU!!!”

“SH**!” Jay and Ruki yelled. Then they ran.

“Takanori, you idiot! I told you to keep a low profile,” Jay yelled.

“It wasn’t me, it was you! You wouldn’t stop snorting.” They got to the car, Ruki unlocked it, and then they got in. Ruki started the car, reversed and almost hit one of the 300 odd girls that were chasing them.

“GO,GO,GO!” Jay was screaming and clutching her seat as Ruki put his foot down.

 

 

When they finally got to Ruki’s house, their hearts had calmed down and the fan girls had stopped chasing them.

They got out of the car and walked into the house.

“I’m never going shopping with you again,” Jay said laughing.

“You say that every time,” Ruki replied also laughing.

There was a car horn outside and Jay went over to the window and peeked out.

“It’s my dad.”

“I’ll walk you out.” They walked over to the door and out. They stood on the porch and Ruki gave her a hug. “Thanks for another amazing shopping trip, Little Blue.”

“Thank you for getting me out of going back to the cramped studio,” Jay replied. She smiled at him and ran to her dad’s car. She waved then got into the passenger seat. Aoi waved and drove off. Ruki waved to the car until it was out of sight.

He went inside and closed the door. He walked into his living room and sat on his chair, while putting his new sunglasses on. Koron jumped onto his lap.

“What a day.”