Secrets

Secrets

Eunhyuk woke up and found himself lying on his bed in his bedroom instead at one of Shindong’s living rooms in the mansion. The last thing he remembered was that he and Kangin were waiting for Sungmin. He must have fell asleep while waiting for Sungmin. He went down the stairs and towards the kitchen because his stomach was asking for breakfast.

Eunhyuk didn’t expect to see Kangin cooking in the kitchen but nevertheless, it was a nice surprise. “Ah, you’re awake. Just take a seat. Breakfast will be done in a few minutes.” Kangin said as he continued cooking.

Eunhyuk took a seat and continued to observe Kangin.

PAST~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Hey, kid. Aren’t you Sungmin’s classmate?” Eight-year-old Eunhyuk turned to look at the owner of the voice. He instantly recognize Kangin as Sungmin’s brother. He only saw Kangin twice last year because of a school event or activity that had to involve a family member. Most of the students laid their eyes on Kangin because it was a rare thing for them to see Sungmin’s brother and they had no idea that Sungmin’s brother was very handsome. That’s when teasing Sungmin about being adopted started because they look nothing alike Kangin.

Eunhyuk nodded. “If you’re here to fetch Sungmin, then you’re too late. He already took the school bus.” He informed Kangin.

“That’s okay. I’m not here to see Sungmin. I’m here to get some information. Like who is teasing Sungmin about being adopted?”

Eunhyuk could see the fury in Kangin’s eyes. He knew that Kangin would punish whoever it is that teased Sungmin. “I did.” Eunhyuk answered honestly and bravely. “I started it but it was only for fun but then others started to too then it got serious and he would cry sometimes.”

“Have you apologized to him?”

“Well…no…not really…but I stopped teasing him already.”

“Here.” Kangin handed a chocolate bar to Eunhyuk. “Tomorrow you will apologize to Sungmin and give him the chocolate. Don’t tell him that the chocolate came from me. That chocolate came from you, got it?” Eunhyuk nodded. “And I want you to report to me all of the names of kids who will tease Sungmin tomorrow. I’ll see you again tomorrow afternoon. Don’t tell anyone about this meeting.” Eunhyuk nodded again and gave him a slight salute.

Kangin really tried to look threatening and scary but the kid didn’t seem to fear him so he dropped his act. “Thanks, kid.” He ruffled Eunhyuk’s hair and smiled slightly before leaving. Eunhyuk felt himself blushing from receiving that smile. It looks like he’s developing some sort of crush towards Sungmin’s brother.

The next day…”Here’s the list and Sungmin loved the chocolate but of course, I didn‘t tell him that it came from you.” Eunhyuk said as he handed a piece of paper to Kangin. They got their own secret meeting place which is at the alley behind a fast food restaurant.

“Thanks, kid. I didn’t get your name by the way.”

“Eunhyuk.”

“Let’s meet again tomorrow, Eunhyuk.”

Since that day, they’ve always meet up with each other after school so Eunhyuk could report to Kangin everything about Sungmin. Although Kangin acts indifferent and cold towards Sungmin, Eunhyuk knew that Kangin must really care for his younger brother deep inside. Why else would he bully Eunhyuk into spying and making sure that Sungmin is okay everyday?

PRESENT~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Thanks, hyung.” Eunhyuk said before eating his breakfast. Somehow, it seemed like he was Kangin’s younger brother instead of Sungmin since they spend more time together. Kangin was even more affectionate to him than to Sungmin.

“Anytime, kiddo.” Kangin ruffled Eunhyuk’s hair before proceeding to eat his own breakfast.

Although Eunhyuk would be glad if Kangin was really be his brother, at the same time, he was really happy that Kangin wasn’t his brother.

PAST~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They went to a toy store together to look for a pink bunny stuff toy. “How the heck can Sungmin be so girly?” Kangin mumbled as he walked through the aisle and tried to look for a pink bunny among the stuffed animals lined up on the shelves.

“What about this one?” Eunhyuk was able to see a pink bunny.

“Too small.”

“That one?”

“Are you kidding me? That’s HUGE!!!”

“Oohh!! I see another one!!!”

“Get your eyes fixed, kid. That’s a pink piggy, not a bunny.”

“Here.”

“That’s perfect!!!” Then Kangin stared in surprise that it was Kyuhyun holding and suggesting the pink bunny, not Eunhyuk.

It took a moment for Eunhyuk to realize that Kangin became silent. He turned and finally saw Kyuhyun and Kangin in a staring competition. “Hey Kyuhyun! What are you doing here?”

Kyuhyun didn’t break eye contact with Kangin but still replied to Eunhyuk. “I heard your conversation at the alley, at how you’re trying to look for a gift for Sungmin and how you’re using Eunhyuk to deliver the gift.” Kyuhyun hesitantly took something from his wallet and showed it to them. “I was wondering if you could give this to Sungmin as a gift too.” It was a small pink coin purse.

“Why don’t you give it to him personally?” Eunhyuk asked.

“How is he suppose to react to that when I bully him everyday?!?! Just take it.” Kyuhyun showed the bunny stuff toy and pink coin purse to Eunhyuk and ran away.

“Well, that’s cute.” Kangin chuckled. “He’s harboring a secret crush for Sungmin.”

“Doesn’t the same thing goes for you?” Eunhyuk looked at Kangin. “You don’t let Sungmin feel that you care for him when you actually do. Why?”

“It’s complicated and you’re still too young to fully understand. I’ll tell you if we manage to remain friends in the future when you’re older.” Kangin ruffled Eunhyuk’s hair. “Now, let’s go to the counter to pay for that.”

PRESENT~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Eunhyuk understood some things now that he’s already a teenager. Sometimes when you really like a person, it’s hard to show your affection, hard to confess, easier to deny. That’s exactly how he feels for Kangin right now. He’s sure that’s what Kangin felt for Sungmin too but in a brotherly way. Well, at least that’s what he thought.

PAST~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Kangin, what’s wrong?” Eunhyuk was surprised that Kangin suddenly visited him at his house one night. Kangin was usually the kind of person who would contact and let you know  in advance that he would be visiting later. Not only did Kangin give him a surprise visit, Kangin was also drinking a lot of alcohol and getting drunk. It’s a good thing his parents decided to go for an anniversary honeymoon.

“I did something wrong, something terribly wrong. How can I ever face Sungmin again?!?!” Kangin consumed his glass and started pouring wine into it again.

“Kangin, stop! You’re getting drunk.” Eunhyuk took the wine bottle and glass from Kangin’s hands. “It would be better for you to tell me what’s wrong so I can help. Getting drunk won’t solve your problems. Now what happened between you and Sungmin?”

“I…I…I slept with him.”

The glass that Eunhyuk was holding fell from his hand.

“And I also confessed to him.”

Eunhyuk bent down and started to pick up the shattered glass. “And what did Sungmin say?”

“That what happened was just a one time thing. That we just got caught up in a moment. That he only wants me as his brother.”

PRESENT~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

At that moment, Eunhyuk hated and envied Sungmin. Truthfully, he had a crush on Kyuhyun but Kyuhyun seem to like Sungmin. The only reason why he would accept the gifts from Kyuhyun to be given to Sungmin was so that he could have an excuse to see and talk to Kyuhyun. Then an American exchange student came named Siwon.

Siwon was charming, friendly, intelligent and athletic. Eunhyuk was instantly attracted to him but Siwon liked Sungmin. On the other hand, he thought he might have better chances with Kyuhyun now that Sungmin had found someone else. Because even if Siwon left for America, Kibum came along and Sungmin fell for the guy.

Eunhyuk actually has a third crush. It was Kangin. At first, it was just a simple admiration but his crush started to get deeper as years went by. But he knows that he can never have Kangin because 1) Kangin has a boyfriend named Eeteuk 2) Kangin seems to be harboring feelings Sungmin. ? Eunhyuk couldn’t really care about that since he knows that Sungmin and Kangin aren’t related by blood although it still sounds wrong for 2 brothers to be together. But the fact remains that Kangin loves his younger brother more than just a brother.

Eunhyuk wished he could be just Sungmin instead.

“So what are you doing here? Aren’t you suppose to be taking care of Sungmin instead of me?” Eunhyuk asked during breakfast.

“He has Kyuhyun to take care of him.” Kangin replied casually.

Eunhyuk’s grip on his spoon tightened. Just when he thought that he might have better chances with Kyuhyun, Sungmin found his way to Kyuhyun again. Then Eunhyuk suddenly remembered about Siwon, who was suppose to arrive today. He instantly bolted from his seat and to his room and looked for his cellphone.

“Hello, Hyukkie!!! You had a nice nap this morning and I didn’t want to disturb so I decided to fetch Siwon all by myself today. Maybe we can hang out later? Wait, I’ll call you again later. I still have to look for Siwon. Gosh! There’s a lot of people.” Donghae hung up. Not giving Eunhyuk a chance to say anything.

“What was that all about?” Kangin appeared in Eunhyuk’s room.

“I forgot that we were suppose to be fetching Siwon today but Donghae said he’ll be fine on his own but we might hang out later today.” Eunhyuk said as he put his cellphone back on the table. “Let’s finish breakfast.”

“Siwon. Is it just coincidence that he has the same name of the guy who was Sungmin’s 1st love?”

Eunhyuk could hear the jealous tone on Kangin’s voice. “He’s really the same Siwon from years ago. The coincidence is that he happens to be Donghae’s cousin. Now, he’s back to see what has become of his puppy love.”

PAST~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Is there something going on between you and Kangin?”

Eunhyuk was surprised when Eeteuk suddenly visited him one day. He was even more surprised when Eeteuk questioned him. Did Eeteuk really suspect that Kangin was cheating on him with Eunhyuk? “No, of course not.” Eunhyuk answered honestly.

Eeteuk continued to look at Eunhyuk suspiciously. “Then why is he spending more time with you lately?”

“He’s just having some problems lately.”

“Then why can’t he share his problems with me but can share it with you?!?!”

Eunhyuk’s eyes widened. He felt a bit frightened by Eeteuk. He had never seen Eeteuk angry and although they were not close, they were really on good terms. Eeteuk had always been kind and wore a smile with a dimple on the cheek. “I…I don’t know…” This time Eunhyuk lied. Why the heck would Kangin share to his boyfriend that he actually likes Sungmin more than just a brother and even had with him?

Eeteuk gave out a frustrated sigh. “Fine then. I don’t care if you lied to me with the previous questions but I want you to answer the next question honestly. Do you love Kangin?”

Eunhyuk took a deep breath. “Yes.”

PRESENT~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“You’re not going to see Siwon.”

“And who are you to tell me who I should see or hang out with?!?!” Eunhyuk yelled. He was frustrated with the way Kangin kept on stopping him from going out of the house by pulling his arm or shirt, blocking his path or throwing him onto the couch. “What’s wrong with seeing a friend who I haven’t seen for years?!?!”

“A friend?” Kangin snorted. “You think I don’t know that you actually had a major crush on him back then? I’ve always noticed how your expression changed when I say that Sungmin and Siwon were hanging out together or the way your eyes linger whenever Siwon was at sight.”

“So what if I had a crush on him?!?!” Eunhyuk spat out. “If there’s anyone who you should be stopping from going out to see Siwon, it’s Sungmin!!! Not me.” He saw how Kangin’s body immediately went tense.

“I don’t like Sungmin that way.”

“Yeah, sure. Keep on denying.”

“I guess I haven’t told you that I like someone else now.”

Somehow that became a pang in Eunhyuk’s heart. Now, he knows what Eeteuk felt when Kangin was keeping secrets from him. “Anyway, that doesn’t have anything to do with me not being allowed to see Siwon.“ Eunhyuk said, trying to cover up his hurt feelings.

“It has everything to do with you.” Kangin suddenly grabbed Eunhyuk’s face and pulled him for a kiss.

Eunhyuk could feel Kangin’s large hands at the sides of his face holding him in place and preventing him from moving away from the kiss. Kangin’s tongue forced his way in Eunhyuk’s mouth. Eunhyuk could hardly breath but he doesn’t want the kiss to stop anytime soon. At the same time, he also couldn’t believe that this was happening to him.

PAST~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kangin didn’t know the reason why Eeteuk broke up with him. He was very hurt and as usual, he went to Eunhyuk for comfort. Eunhyuk had said that it was his fault. Kangin doesn’t have any idea how it could be Eunhyuk’s fault but nevertheless, Eunhyuk promised him that he’ll do something about it and make Eeteuk come back to Kangin.

True to his words, in less than a week, Kangin and Eeteuk became a couple once again. However, Kangin noticed that Eunhyuk had been keeping distance. He kept on saying that Eeteuk and Kangin just recently became a couple so it will be better if he stay away for a while. But a while became a month.

“How do you feel spending less or little time with Eunhyuk this past month?”

Kangin wondered why Eeteuk suddenly chose that topic for a conversation. “Strange and different.”

“Do you know that the time you spent with Eunhyuk now is the same amount of time we spend together before we broke up?”

Now that Kangin thought about it, the situation was the same. However, his feelings were different. He didn’t feel bad or strange towards spending less time with Eeteuk but to Eunhyuk, he felt as if something huge was missing in his life.

“I guess you like spending time with Eunhyuk than with me.”

Kangin felt quite guilty after hearing that.

“You probably love Eunhyuk more than me.”

Kangin’s eyes widened. “That’s not---”

“Not true? Maybe but it won’t change the fact that Eunhyuk loves you.”

They broke up for real and never considered going back into a relationship even with Eunhyuk’s attempts on bringing them back together.

PRESENT~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kangin and Eunhyuk finally broke off the kiss and stared at each other silently while trying to regain their breathing.

“Oh.” Eunhyuk finally said something as he understood now why Kangin didn’t want him to go.

“Why haven’t you told me anything about how you felt?” Kangin asked as he caressed Eunhyuk’s cheek.

“Because I never thought that you will feel the same way. Everybody I liked likes Sungmin. You liked Sungmin and you had Eeteuk as your boyfriend. Besides, I didn’t want to risk losing what we had.” Eunhyuk felt Kangin’s warm hand rest at the side of his neck.

“You don’t have to worry about any of that anymore. I only like Sungmin as a brother now. I haven’t had that uous feeling for a long time already. I already broke up with Eeteuk for quite some time. I definitely wouldn’t mind stepping in a relationship with you. You, who knows everything about me.” Kangin pulled Eunhyuk again for another kiss. It’s shorter but much filled with love this time.

“I still want to see Siwon.” Eunhyuk said teasingly.

“Then I guess I’ll just have to convince you to stay home.” Kangin’s finger started tracing circles on Eunhyuk’s back, making Eunhyuk shiver against the touch. “I love you. Care to make love to me?”

Eunhyuk laughed. “That’s your way of convincing me?” But his laughter was cut short with the kisses trailed by Kangin on his neck. The rest of the day was full of convincing from Kangin although Eunhyuk didn’t really need much convincing because he’d always choose to be with Kangin than Siwon anytime.

THE END

A/N:  Based on the final chapter of Different Guys in Sungmin's Life, it's pretty much obvious that there's something going on between Kangin and Eunhyuk ^^ I've actually planned for both of them to end up together even before I started writing the final chapter.  Lolz~

 

Yes, this is a side story of Different Guys in Sungmin's Life so if you haven't read that one, you should check it out!

 

Here's another side story about Siwon and Donghae.  What's Stopping You?