24 Hours

I'll protect you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
        Min-ho: "yes, a iced americano, double shot, and a juice please."   Cashier: "what kind of juice would that be?"   Min-ho: "uh... Apple juice, thank you."          He receives his order and smiles toward the cashier cheerfully before making his way toward a small table in the back. He removes his jacket and places it on the back of his chair, rubbing his hands together briskly before reaching for his drink.           The light sound of the bell attached to the front door of the small coffee shop rings in his head as he anticipates the arrival of Jin-woo. His eyes fixate on the door as customer after customer enter the shop. Chills run down his spin with every sound the bell makes. His smile wavers before regaining its appearance once he sees Jin-woo finally enter.             He watches as he looks around awkwardly, unsure of where to go before finally seeing Min-ho waving him over in his direction. Jin-woo smirks before making his way toward the small table in the back.    Jin-woo: "uh... Hello."               He quickly says before removing his coat and scarf and placing it behind the chair opposite of Min-ho. He slowly removes his gloves and looks to the juice on the table in front of him.   Jin-woo: "Is this-"   Min-ho: "Apple juice."   Jin-woo: "don't think you know me."           He says jokingly, letting out a low chuckle. They both smile shyly and just sit there for several minutes before the sound of Jin-woo's phone breaks the silence. He reaches for it and looks to the screen, he shakes his head and puts it back in his coat pocket.    Min-ho: "did your excuse to leave call early?"   Jin-woo: "wait, what? Oh! No, no, no, no, no."             He laughs once again before taking a small sip from his juice.    Min-ho: "how have you been hyung? I feel like I only see you on Instagram and CF's now."   Jin-woo: "don't be so dramatic Min-ho. I saw you a week ago before I went to go see my family."            He laughs lightly while shaking his head.    Jin-woo: "so... Is there a specific reason why you wanted to see me here today?"   Min-ho: "yeah, there is. I uh... I uh... Realized that tomorrow is the end of this year. And tomorrow you have plans to-"   Jin-woo: "Min-ho-"   Min-ho: "no, wait... I need to say this hyung. We are only a day away and... I just can't believe that this is what became of us. I don't even remember the last time we spoke alone, and... I know that you plan to propose to Danah tomorrow.          Of course I want to tell you whatever I would need to, to make you change your mind and just run away with me, but I realize that love between us now is just one sided. So I've come to the conclusion that even though this is killing me... I would like us to at least be able to speak to each other. We are going to be family after all."   Jin-woo: "really? That's really what you called me down here to tell me?"             His phone begins to ring once again and he sighs deeply before reaching into his pocket once again and manually stopping it from ringing. He switches the phone to vibrate and puts it down on the table. Min-ho looks to the phone and then back to Jin-woo.    Min-ho: "I don't understand hyung isn't this what you wanted from me? Didn't you want me to just give up?"           The phone rings one more time, this time vibrating across the table. Jin-woo his teeth and extends his arm to grab his phone but Min-ho intercepts it.   Min-ho: "Jesus, is this a telemarketer? Who are you avoiding?"             He laughs before looking to the phone. Upon seeing Danah's name he reaches for his coffee and takes a sip, handing the phone back to Jin-woo.    Min-ho: "oh, I'm sorry, here you go hyung."           Jin-woo snatches the phone out of his hand and sends the call to voicemail. He proceeds to turn the phone off before putting it back in his pocket.    Min-ho: "what's going on?"   Jin-woo: "nothing, I shouldn't have come here."   Min-ho: "hyung... I told you my reason for calling you here, why did you come? Were you expecting me to say something else?"   Jin-woo: "I shouldn't have, I-I-I made a mistake. Sorry."           He reaches for his jacket and coat, snatching it off of the chair and begins to struggle to put it on and button it up. Min-ho stands up and watches Jin-woo's odd behavior.    Min-ho: "hyung... Please don't go."   Jin-woo: "this was a mistake, I should-"             He shakes his head and shuffles toward the door.   Min-ho: "Jin-woo, stop, don't go!" He shouts.             His eyes close tightly and he is taken back to eight months ago. The two standing on the rooftop in tears.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter