Chapter 12

You're My Friend, but I'm Your Enemy

HEY GUYS! I'm so sorry I disappeared for as long as I did without updating (╥_╥) BUT, I'm here now and that's all that matters. So, I'm here to present you with a y chapter that'll prolly make you want to burn me alive ╮(─▽─)╭

-----

"Hey mom, I went out with Yukwon's mom and bought you some flowers!" Jihoon shouted as soon as he walked into the house. His mother, who looked more than happy to see her son, greeted him from the kitchen. "Flowers? What kind?" She asked, while chopping up onions on the cutting board. "Hydrangeas." He he entered the kitchen, content with his desicion to get her flowers. 

"You know hydrangeas are my favorite." She stopped, whipped her hands on her apron and took them from him. "What made you get them?" 

"Yukwon's mom, Ms. Kim, says that plants and flowers are a natural stress reliever, so I got some for you. Plus, I remembered how much you used to love them." 

Jihoon's mother smiled, and thanked her son a few times before kissing his cheek, and finding a vase to put it in. "I love you so much, Jihoon." 

"I love you too, mom."

 A few weeks had gone by, and Jihoon's graduation was a week away. Things finally seemed to be going his way- and that scared him. Things never went this good for him, and he felt that this good fortune was soon going to run out. That afternoon, both Jihoon, and Yukwon planned to see a movie, but were a bit wary because of the current weather. The sky was cloudy, and the streets were wet from the morning rain, soon to be wet again by the evening. "Should we still go?" Yukwon asked.

"Of course, we should. Why let a little rain stop us?" Jihoon responded from inside his closet. He was in the process of finding something to wear, while Yukwon laid on Jihoon's bed, watching. 

"We could just stay in, and take a nap. Rain makes me sleepy."

"Rain should never be an excuse to cancel the fun." Jihoon shook his head, and pulled a black and white striped shirt off the hanger. 

"Hot Tamale is a wise old man, is he not?" Yukwon said to a crowd that wasn't there. 

"Don't call me that, kitty." Jihoon said flatly. "You know I don't like that name." When he looked over, Jihoon saw Yukwon sitting up with his arms stretched towards him, with his bottom lip poked out, pouting. Jihoon rolled his eye, trying to look annoyed, but couldn't help but crack a smile at how cute his precious kitty looked. He tossed the shirt he was holding, on the computer chair, and joined Yukwon on the bed. He gently pushed Yukwon back , so he could rest his head on Yukwon's chest. "Why are you so cute?" Jihoon asked.

"Ask my mom. She's the one thats so cute." Yukwon said, while running slow fingers through Jihoon's hair.

"You do look exactly like your mom. Do you look anything like your dad?" 

"I don't know." Yukwon shrugged. "I don't know my dad. He left a little after I was born."

"I wish I didn't know my dad." Jihoon scoffed.

"Maybe one day, he'll come around and it could be like old times for you guys."

"Yeah, like that'd happen. He doesn't even like that my mom came around to accepting me. But, forget him. I don't need him. All I need is my mom." He nodded, looking up at Yukwon. "And you, of course." He added, and kissed the Kitty's cheek. "Now, come on before I get too comfortable and fall asleep." He got up and changed into the black and white striped shirt, and grabbed a black jacket from his closet. "We have a movie to catch." As he was talking, his phone began vibrating in his pocket. He made a face when he pulled the phone out, seeing a number he didn't recognize.

"Who is it?' Yuwkon asked, while putting his sneakers on. 

"Don't know." Jihoon shrugged, and continued to let his phone vibrate. "Maybe it was someone that had the wrong number."

Yukwon agreed. "When are your parents supposed to be back?" 

"Later on tonight." Jihoon answered, while leading the way out of his room, and out of the house. 

"Are you gonna want to be here at the same time your dad is?" Yukwon asked as he followed behind his boyfriend. "Because, if you want, you can stay at my place. My mom wouldn't mind." 

"Do you want me to sleep over?"

"I wouldn't offer if I didn't." Yukwon said.

"Ah, right. Then I guess, I'll come over." Jihoon nodded. "I wanna spend all the time I can with you anyway." 

"You're so cheesy." Yukwon teased.

"Yeah, but you like it, so..." Jihoon shrugged, leading the way to the second car their parents kept in the garage. Right before they got into the car, Jihoon's phone began to vibrate in his pocket again, but instead of answering, he waited for the vibrating to stop, and put his phone on silent. If it was the unknown caller from before, then they'd just be sent to voicemail. 

-----

After their movie date, the two were in Yukwon's room. "So, how did you like the movie?" Jihoon asked, tracing his thumb along the back of Yukwon's hand. 

"It was pretty predictable." Yukwon nodded, resting his head on the latter's chest.

"Most movies are nowadays."  Jihoon's nodded.

"So, are you ready to graduate next week?" The kitty asked, changing the subject.

"More than ready." 

"You're mom is gonna be so happy to see you walk."  

"I know. I'm so glad I got my act together for her sake." And, it was true. Not only was he happy that he got to graduate, he was happy that his mother would see him do so. He had been on bad terms with his mother far longer than any child should be, and now that they managed to talk things out, they were closer than ever. "I just sometimes wish my dad would talk to me, Y'know?" 

"If your mom wasn't around anymore, do you think you'd be able to work things out with your dad?" Yukwon asked, looking up at Jihoon, who'd been staring at the ceiling.

"He'd probably kick me out and find a new wife. Besides, she's the only reason I put up with him. Without her, I wouldn't be living at home." Jihoon drew in a deep breath, and closed his eyes. "I couldn't imagine anything without her." And that was the last thing either of them said before falling asleep.

The next day, Yukwon was the first to wake up, thanks to the obnoxiously loud ringing of his phone. "Hello?" Yukwon answered.

"Where the hell is Jihoon?! I've been trying to call his phone." A distraught Minhyuk sounded on the other side of the phone.

"He's right here sleeping. Why? Is everything okay?" 

"No, nothing is okay! He needs to get up and get his over to the hospital now!" 

Yukwon was shocked, more or less. He had never, not once heard Minhyuk speak in anything other than a calm tone. The fact that he was yelling, and sounding so angry must've meant something was really wrong. "What's going on?" 

"Yukwon, it's his mom."