because of your sweetness

these are the things

domestic!au

272w.

 

"Henry!" Amber hollers from her comfort in the bedroom, tapping away on a mobile game. "Did you put away the dishes yet?"

There's no response, so she looks up from her phone and clears . "Yo, Snoopy! Did you put away the dishes?"

A few seconds pass of no response, and Amber huffs, tossing the mobile device to the side of the bed and getting on her feet. She shuffles past the doorway, peeking out to see Henry engrossed in a melodramatic action movie on his laptop. Shifting her eyes to the kitchen, she realizes that the clean dishes are still sitting pristinely on the drying rack -- her significant other hasn't kept up with his chores. The tacky sound effects are loud enough to reach Amber's ears, as well as the terrible dialogue, and with a groan, she walks back in.

He blows her off for a C-list movie?

With that, she opens her closet, groping blindly past her pants and sweaters obscuring her view, and clasps onto a cord in the back connecting the WiFi to the electrical outlet. She tugs, hearing the device power down, and with a satisfied smile, closes the closet and sits on her bed to await Henry's next words.

"Hey, uh, Amber?" There he is, accompanied by silence from the buffering movie. "Is the WiFi working right now?"

"Nope," she blatantly replies. "Now put away the dishes!"

Henry miserably sighs from his place on the couch. "Come on, Amb, turn the WiFi back on!"

"Put away the dishes, Henry, and maybe you'll still be allowed to live under this roof, much less watch your movie."

 

 

camp!au

496w.

 

Henry feels like tearing his hair out when he sets eyes on Soohyun's bemused face. "Oh my god, this isn't a laughing matter!"

"It kinda is, man," his friend responds, snickering. "We're here for orchestra, everyone's worried about their instruments because it's raining outside, and here you are, fretting over your iPhone."

The violinist shoves the device in the other's face, Soohyun having to back up slightly from the screen to look at it without going cross-eyed. "Ten percent!" Henry shrieks. "And there's no outlet!"

Gently nudging the device to the side, Soohyun tuts. "If only you had a superior phone that wouldn't lose battery so fast... a better phone..."

"I don't even freaking care about your stupid Android; I just want an outlet."

"Okay, okay, touchy." Soohyun thinks to himself, his handsome visage twisting up from thinking. Henry clamps his mouth shut from stating that Soohyun's forehead looks like it's frowning when it wrinkles up. "I think there's an outlet in the camp director's cabin? I mean, you can check there, but it's raining, and- " He's alerted by the sound of their cabin door opening and slamming shut, and sighs. "You idiot, you're gonna get wet."

Henry hides his mobile device underneath two layers of shirts while running through the rain. Some mud splatters onto his $30 sneakers, but the most important thing at the moment is saving his electronic baby from perishing. The young man slips through wet patches, and barely makes it to the camp director's cabin situated neatly in the middle of the entire camp.

He opens the door with a loud bang, knowing that the camp director is with the others planning back-up activities for the students on the rainy day, and freezes when he sees a figure crouched over in the dark of the cabin. Henry fumbles with his phone, turning on the flashlight and shining it at the figure to see a student with drenched blonde hair plastered to their face and wide eyes. The violinist realizes that he must look no different.

Frantic eyes shift to the one outlet, where a cord is already plugged in, charging a phone. Henry connects two and two when the stranger hesitantly reaches for their phone, eyes still on him.

"I need to use that outlet," he croaks out, stepping inside and letting the door shut behind him.

"I need to use it, too," the student replies, and his eyes flicker down to the other's fluorescent orange shirt, which reads 'Seungri High Band 2015.' He's currently donning a similar shirt in purple, with a different high school and orchestra printed across.

"I have ten percent, band guy."

"Band girl," the other corrects, smoothing wet bangs back. "I have five, orch man."

"I have an iPhone."

"Me, too."

Henry purses his lips. "Trade off every three minutes." He pauses long enough to check his phone. Seven percent; not too shabby. "I'm Henry."

Band Girl gives him a look of approval. "Call. I'm Amber."

 

 

single parent!au

487w.

 

"What is this?" Amber lightly laughs as her daughter sets up what looks like a large drawing pad.

"Don't laugh, Mother; it's a PowerPoint presentation that I printed out," her daughter darkly grumbles, and Amber does her best to smother her laughter despite wanting to even more so than before.

"Alright, alright, show me your, uh, presentation," she cajoles, setting down her morning mug of coffee to give her child her full attention. The kid is always too intellectually gifted to perform tasks in a simple manner. "Shoot."

The thirteen-year-old clears , flipping the board open to the title page. "10 Reasons Why You should Date My English Teacher."

Anything the blonde previously drank starts to squirm up her esophagus out of surprise, and she violently coughs in the middle of her daughter's lecture. "I'm sorry," she wheezes once she regains strength. "What?"

The younger sniffs, uninterested in her mother almost dying. "It is what it is, and you two should definitely date! I'm serious!"

"I, uh, I don't think that that's appropriate," Amber uncertainly laughs. Her image of English teachers comprise of what her English teacher looked like: old, saggy, and overbearing.

"Reason #1: this is my teacher," her daughter plows on, deaf to her mother's words, and the next page is a blown up picture of a man about Amber's age at the front of the classroom, lips slightly parted as he instructs the class about participles written on the whiteboard. "Henry Lau."

Amber's eyes widen. "Did- did you take a picture of-?"

Her statement is interrupted. "He has admirable genes that cause males to show him respect and females to fawn over him, not to mention a fit physique that would be passed down through genes to your children to ensure optimal survival and an attractive appearance. That is, of course, if we were still living in times when humans had to compete for natural resources much like other primal animals, and- "

"Wait, wait, wait, hold up," the blonde protests. "You want me to date your English teacher because our kids -- your half-siblings -- would be cute?"

"Theoretically speaking," her daughter begins, pushing up imaginary thick spectacles, "yes."

Reasons #2 and #3 are even worse ("#2: You'll find him to be physically attractive -- I know your type, Mother," and "#3: You both speak English, and that's really all you need to marry this guy."), and by the time Amber gets to Reason #10 ("He makes really bad puns."), she's boneless on the tabletop from tears of exasperation and bemusement. "So, you want me to go out with your teacher."

"Yes." As if she reads her mind about her next inquiry, her daughter produces a thin slip of paper. "Here's his number. Please schedule a date at a time convenient for you when I'm away from home in study hall."

Amber doesn't really have any strength left in her to say yes or no.

 

 

a/n: you will notice there are i and ii and stuff that is bcos its a continuation of previous aus

i have a lot of hw what am i doing also these drabbles are kinda not funny ill try harder

i should work on stb soon. pls check out my other henber stuff if u havent thanks guys