Final

Heartbroken Stories

Youngjae takes his tissue again, wiping his tears that have been falling from his eyes. He sniffs, trying to stop his tears but seems like it’s not working at all. This is not the first time his heart broken. He had felt this kind of thing before, but still, it stings. Youngjae knew this won’t work from the start, he just wanted to make it work but seems like it doesn’t go as his will.

He sighed softly. I am the worst person ever, he thought.

 

Sniffs Sniffs.

 

His eyes look at the source of the sound. It sounds like someone’s crying, but he found no one. Only a big tree beside the bench he’s sitting at. He blinked once, the sound was clear so he decides to stand up and check if there’s anyone behind the tree—and yes. There is someone, sitting on a bench beside the other side of the big tree.

“Uh, hello?” Youngjae awkwardly greeted the crying man. “Do you want… tissue?” He took his tissue as he offered it.

The man takes the tissue, “Oh, thanks.” He said between his cries. “Are you… crying too?” The man asked, seems like Youngjae is not smart enough to hide his wet eyes.

“Um, well…” He smiled sheepishly, wiping the tears away. “Why are you crying, though?”

“Heartbreak,”

Oh, same with me… Youngjae thought in his mind. He looks at him. The man is older than Youngjae, since he is wearing a high school uniform. Youngjae is on his final year in junior high school.

The man shrugs lightly and stands up, “Well I guess that’s all I could say, thanks for the tissue—”

“Wait,” Youngjae stopped him. “I have the same problem as you, I guess. If you mind to listen to me…”

He chuckles lightly and pats Youngjae’s head. “Alright, then.” He said, before Youngjae started his story.

 

It was started, maybe, half of year before? Youngjae wasn’t really sure. That time, he was just messing around with his best friend, Himchan. Youngjae and Himchan has been best friend since who-knows-when. Their moms said that they have been playing together since baby. Their parents are close too.

“Alright!” Himchan clapped his hands. “After I count to three, we will say our crush together!” He grinned widely.

“B-but…” Youngjae bit his lower lip. It’s not like he hide something from Himchan, he always say everything to him. He was just, shy. “Are you sure…?”

“Of course! You’re not going to hide anything from me, right, Jaejae~?” Himchan pouted. It’s Youngjae’s weakness. He won’t hurt his best friend either, so…

“Okay then…” He slowly nodded.

Himchan grinned. “One! Two! Three!”

“Bang Yongguk from 3-B!” They shouted, together.

That was the start. Youngjae and Himchan liked the same person. It wasn’t making their friendship broken, though. They’re still close. Even after they found out Bang Yongguk was in the football club, they decided to be the manager there, together.

Youngjae is not like Himchan. Youngjae could say Himchan is just, perfect. He’s beautiful and good at everything. Youngjae is rather clumsy. He knows he’s not fit with manager’s task, but Himchan said he won’t be manager without Youngjae.

 

“Himchan is way better than me. It’s sometime saddening me, though. That time I just knew if our crash would like one of us, it would be Himchan…” Youngjae sighed as he said so, and he continued the story.

 

So then one day, Youngjae found out that Bang Yongguk liked one of the managers, which were Youngjae or Himchan. He blushed madly. To have Bang Yongguk spare a glance to him, he feels like it’s already impossible. Now, he just heard the rumor that Bang Yongguk liked one of the managers.

As he thought so, something just came to his mind. What if he actually chooses one of us? I would like to go out with him and so does Himchan. Is that mean our friendship will be broken? Just because a guy?

How if it’s me? What would I do? And what would Himchan do?

He just realized that liking the same person with your best friend is just, an impossible thing. One will get heartbroken and their friendship will be broken as well. This thing is just not working. He should just stop this, but at the other side, he liked Bang Yongguk as well.

When he is confused, he will go to Himchan for advice, so there he was, standing in front of the club room. Himchan must be there.

Youngjae was just going to knock the door—

 

“I like you,”

He widened his eyes. It was Bang Yongguk’s.

“W-what?”

Youngjae fisted his hand. It was Himchan’s.

“I say, I like you, Kim Himchan. I heard the rumor that you and your friend like me… is that true?”

Now, Youngjae just wanted to cry. He sat with his back against the door, eavesdropping the conversation. He doesn’t even say my name.

“W-well… yes it is…”

“That makes me happy, since I like you too.”

There was a long silence. Himchan didn’t answer anything.

“So, do you want to go out with me, Kim Himchan?”

“I’m… n-no, I can’t…”

“What? But you said you like me too…”

“I like you! B-but… I don’t want to hurt Youngjae. He is my best friend since we were babies. I don’t want to hurt this feeling. If we go out, then Youngjae will…”

Without any thought, Youngjae barged into the room. “Yah, stupid Kim Himchan! What are you saying? Bang Yongguk likes you and you like him too so what are you denying for?”

“Youngjae…” Himchan’s eyes were wet, Youngjae knew he was going to cry. “B-but how about you…?”

“I’m just playing, I’m not even serious, not even a bit! Now you have to go out with him, okay? Don’t worry about me.” Youngjae grinned widely. “I’m happy that you’re happy.”

Himchan couldn’t hold his tears and hugged Youngjae tightly. “Thank you, Jaejae.”

 

“And they went home together. After they go, I come here and cry,” Youngjae sighed softly. “At the end I hide something from Himchan. I just cannot smile when they walk away. I’m the worst person ever.”

The man beside him pats his back. “Well, at least you make your best friend happy.” He smiled. “You will get over it, he’s just not the one.”

“Thank you,” Youngjae smiled back. “How about you? What makes you cry?”

The man sighs softly, leaning his back onto the bench. “Well…,”

 

It was started since long ago. Maybe since Daehyun was three, or four? He doesn’t remember so well. He just remembered that he fell deeply in love with his next-door friend. They play together a lot, three of them. Yes, three. Daehyun, his younger sister; Naeun, and this next-door friend; Myungsoo.

Daehyun had lot things in common with Myungsoo. They are in the same age, same school, and same class—even same group of friends. Daehyun wasn’t sure when he felt this kind of thing toward Myungsoo.

At the first, he thought it was just in a friendly way. They did a lot of skinship and Daehyun, somehow, kinda liked it. Daehyun just never get enough of it. Until someday, he just found out that this was something, something more than a friendly way.

That was embarrassing. He knew his family is not fond of gay people. No one in his school likes it. Daehyun was sure Myungsoo didn’t too, since he sometime told his preference about gay people and it wasn’t good. It just made Daehyun think that he should never, ever tell anyone about this feeling.

 

“Don’t you think it’s embarrassing? I’m in the middle of people who are not fond of gays,” The man asked Youngjae. “It was just hard. I tried my best to hide the feeling, but I think I just couldn’t.”

 

So there was the day that Daehyun’s younger sister came to him. Her face was so serious. Daehyun who had a good relationship with his sister, knowing already there was something serious his sister wanted to talk about.

“Oppa,” she frowned, sat on Daehyun’s bed. “I like someone, but I’m not sure he’s going to like me back…”

“Why wouldn’t he? You’re beautiful and kind.” Daehyun nodded and smiled at his sister. “Who is that guy, anyway~?”

Naeun bit her lower lip, she looked shy. “It’s, um… you know…,” she played with her fingers. “M-Myungsoo Oppa…”

Daehyun widened his eyes slightly, but quickly acted normal. “O-oh… It’s Myungsoo,” He just nodded. “Well, it’s possible for him to like you. Don’t be so pessimistic.”

His younger sister just smiled. Daehyun knew she felt a bit uplifted. “Thank you… and um, will you please… help me? Since you’re so close with Myungsoo Oppa…”

Daehyun smiled and nodded before his younger sister left his room. Of all people, why Myungsoo…? He thought.

Daehyun was confused. He agreed to his sister to help her. But on the other side, he didn’t really want to do it. He likes Myungsoo too, even he knew right he wasn’t going to get him. But his sister is just, precious. Daehyun’s parents are busy, they never really have time for Daehyun and Naeun. So, they often left alone at home—and Daehyun loves his sister very much too. He couldn’t see her sad just because a guy.

I have to help her… I am a very bad brother if I let her become sad just because a guy.

“My—”

“Hey, your sister is cute, anyway.” Myungsoo suddenly said, making Daehyun quickly shut his mouth.

“O-oh yeah she is. Why? Are you after her?” He asked teasingly. Well, at least try to sound teasingly.

“Well…” Myungsoo smiled sheepishly. “Can you help me? You’re so close with her, maybe you know the one she likes?” Myungsoo grinned widely.

“I….,” Daehyun bit his lips. “I… I don’t know.”

 

“So that’s it. I guess mine is way worse than you,” The man shrugged and chuckled. “At the end I’m just lying to everyone. I don’t know, everytime he asked who my sister likes, I just told him I don’t know.”

Youngjae stand up and cross his arms. “Idiot!”

“W-what…?” He blinked, looking at Youngjae in confusion.

“Your sister is waiting for you, right? Do you really want to see her sad? Or crying? Just because the thing she should have known?” Youngjae groaned. “And you should just tell him who your sister likes! If you keep it to yourself, then you’re a selfish person! Don’t you want to see him happy too?”

The man looks down, unable to answer anything. “Maybe you’re right…” He mumbled. “I should just quit playing.”

Youngjae grinned. “And what are you waiting for? You have his number, give him a call!”

“W-what, now?! Are you crazy? I should at least get calm first and I just can tell him tomorr—”

“No! How long are you planning to make them wait?” Youngjae crossed his arms, glared at the other man. “Hurry up!”

 

And so, the man takes his phone, clearing all the things up.

 

“It might be hurt, but you will get over it!” Youngjae smiled, patted the man’s back. “I’m also hurting now, we will get over it, someday!”

“Yeah you’re right.” The man smiled. “I’ve never heard him happier than this before. Maybe my sister is the one for him. And the one for me will be someone else, better than him.”

“That’s right!” Youngjae nodded. “I’m thinking the same way too.”

“Now then…, it’s late already. I guess I should go home. My sister must be worried.” The man smiled and stood up. “Oh, by the way, my name is Jung Daehyun. We haven’t introduced each other, have we?” He chuckled lightly.

Youngjae chuckles as well, “I’m Yoo Youngjae.”

“I’m always here after school. Well, not always though. I’m sure we’re going to meet again.” He smiled. “Bye!”

“Bye!” Youngjae waved his hands as Daehyun walked away.

 

 

“What? You don’t even exchange number or something?” Himchan puffed his cheeks as Youngjae told the story about his meeting with Daehyun. “You should’ve asked him!”

“T-that’s crazy! We just met, I can’t just ask him such thing!” Youngjae groaned. “I don’t want to look so cheap either.”

Himchan sighs softly. “But you do feel comfortable when you’re with him, right?”

Youngjae chuckles, “If he’s the one then I’m sure we’re going to meet again.”


a/n: so thats it. after a long time i write agaaaain ;u; and there was slight MyungEun. Actually I was just gonna put a boy-girl ship idk who and however i put them and daehyun liked myungsoo here. it's a bit weird for me but it's fine ;u; im sorry tho. this story is meh.  but if you read this then maybe you're finish reading. wow. thank you so so so much!