No Longer

No Longer

 

The Red Italic is Yoona's Thoughts

The Blue Italic is Yuri's Thoughts

 

She listened to the almost inaudible sound coming from the television resounding through the apartment as she lay motionlessly on the queen size bed with the other side not occupied. It has been two months since she experienced this torturing ordeal. She picked herself up, sitting on the edge of the bed, and then let out a deep sigh. She rubbed those tears welling up in her eyes.



She misses her, badly.



With a twist, she opened the door, leaning onto the door frame and kept her sight on the alternative sitting on the sofa. Nobody spoke. Despite the low volume of the television, it became rather deafening at that moment. At a held back speed, she walked over to her girlfriend who never had once looked at her since she was out of the room. When was the last time those loving eyes looked at her, even if it was just a mere glance? 



Two months ago. That was how long it was. It tore her inside out. 



She settled beside the latter, feeling that pain emerging up her chest when she wasn't given the slightest attention. Choking on her soon-to-fall-tears, she spoke with her cracked voice. 



"Come to bed." 



Her girlfriend remained stationary, only blinking from time to time while continuing to watch the television broadcast. She placed her hand on the other's, but it withdrew immediately, reaching out for the remote control on the table. Upon a click, the television screen out. Both ladies sat there and none moved, until moments later when one decided to go into the room. 



"Yuri, wait." 



The tanned girl halted in her tracks right in front of the ajar door to their bedroom, waiting like how the pleading voice told her to. 



"When will all these stop...? I can't stand having you right in front of me, but yet feeling your heart so far away from mine. Why are we no longer like how we were...?''



Yuri's shoulders shagged in defeat, and her head dropped so low, her chin was almost touching her defined collar bones. She went into the room without uttering a single word with the other girl following closely, then the door shut. She sat on her side of the bed, propping her elbow against her knee as she rested her chin on her palm. She didn't want to speak. From the corner of her eyes, she caught her girlfriend pressing her back against the door with those hands balled up into fists. She heard sobbing, but she chose to stay composed. If it was two months back, there was no way she will leave that poor girl alone crying in the dark.



''We hold hands when we go out, we sleep on the same bed every night, I still eat the food you make for us but everything is nlonger the same after that incident. I told you I will forget about it, I told you what I did after was just to get back at you. But why are we still so distant? Yuri, you no longer hug me, kiss me, make love to me or even look into my eyes for more than five seconds... I'm dying, please...''



The cries were slightly loud, those words were slightly intangible. Yuri simpered upon hearing what the respective had to say. She shook her head and threw her head back, lying on her side. Crossing her arms before her chest, she curled up like a worm. She let those warm tears slide freely down her nose bridge, then wet the pillow. She can't believe what she just heard. Even after two months, after all those explanation, she was still not trusted.



''Dying? I'm died inside from the moment you chose to do that, in my face. Sure, you will forget about something that never existed. You just insist that it happened. Then let it be. You want to know why? You never trusted me. That's why, Yoona, that's why.''



Yoona slumped against the door, falling onto the ground. She hugged her knees close to her trembling body and bawled aloud. Those words pierced into her heart so bad. She was feeling so cold, so... Lonely. How she wished everything didn't occur. She would have been sleeping soundly in the loving embrace of her girlfriend then, instead of crying in the middle of the night.



It all started with that night. That one incident.



***



Yoona dialed the same number for umpteen times but all were transferred to voicemail. She tapped her feet impatiently as she pressed in the same set of numbers again. The crowd from the hotel lobby had long dispersed but there was still no sight of her girlfriend. She was supposed to pick Yuri up after her company's dinner and dance event at the hotel which ended as early as eleven but there was no sight of the tanned girl. She stared at her watch that Yuri got her from their leisure trip in Japan. It was five minutes after two. 



Her heart felt heavy since an hour passed the time they originally planned to meet. Something was amiss, she thought, especially when the responsible girlfriend failed to pick up her calls or reply to her texts. She knew Yuri must have been made to drink, and as well as how the latter can hold her liquor, she can never reject people's requests to drink, especially her bosses. She at both, which doubled Yoona's worries. She parked her car aside, then walked into the hotel briskly, her fingers never stopped dialing the numbers. She could of have pressed redial, but she just wanted to make sure she did press every single button correctly.



Maybe I dialed the wrong number the previous time... 



With that thought, she insisted dialing manually, even if it was taxing. She searched around, from toilet cubicles to the function room, but there was no Yuri around. She was just about to approach the staffs at the registration counter for help when finally, the line got through. Being all light-headed when she heard the female voice travelling through the receiver at first, she felt a shiver down her spine. The phone call did got through, and a female did answered it. However to her dismay, it was not who she was looking for.



''Hello? Who is this?''



Yoona removed her phone away from her ear to take a look at the name. Yuri. It was the right person. She stared at the contact picture of her girlfriend who possesses alluring beauty and inhaled a mouthful of still air as her eyes dried up, then became moist.



''Where is Yuri? Why is her phone with you?'' She spoke in a hostile voice, which offended the person on the line who replied in an equally bad tone.



''How does that concern you? Who are you of Yuri? She is with me in my hotel room and if there's nothing then I will-''



''I'm her girlfriend! I'm Kwon Yuri's girlfriend who dated her for seven years!'' Yoona angrily burst out with tears streaming down her pale cheeks. Everyone in the lobby shot glares at her un-lady liked behavior but she didn't give any hoot. ''Which room is she in?!''



She could hear the other girl gasped when she punched the button for the elevator. She was flaming so badly, her aura was blinding. She clasped her fist so tightly that her nails sank into her flesh but nothing hurts more than knowing her girlfriend was in someone else's hotel room, while she waited in vain, worrying and fearing for the alternative's safety. 



''We are in room 309, level 9. I'm... I'm sorry... I thought you were-''



Yoona never gave the latter a chance to explain any further and hung up the phone. She couldn't stop those warm liquids from escaping her beautiful doe eyes. She was not going to let this event go unsettled. Many questions sped through her head when she frantically ran along the hallway, looking for room 309. She reached the end of the hallway and stood in front of the door. As if she was going to tear down the place, she drummed her fist against the door furiously without deterring until it was unlocked.



This can't be it... Not my Yuri.



A girl with light brown hair came to Yoona's blurry sight, only dressed in a bathrobe. What caught her attention was actually the red patch on the girl's neck. It drove Yoona crazy. She needed to see Yuri immediately. Charging into the room without any greetings or words exchanged, she saw her girlfriend lying there, unconscious. Worst of all, the black strapless dress she wore was ped. A couple ran into the room simultaneously, one almost bumping into Yoona when she came to a stop.



''Yoona, there's some explanation you need to hear.'' A familiar voice that she recognized instantly spoke.



''Get out, now.''



The two girls behind her acknowledged her words, leaving her alone in the room with her drunken girlfriend. She made her way to the bed as she bit her lips. Those tears that subsided a minute ago were about to gush back again but she held them in. Brushing those hair away from the face that was so red from the alcohol, she paused to caress the face gently, then slid her hand down the neck and next, the zip. She undressed Yuri, covered her with the blanket before she entered the restroom to wet a towel. She returned to the tanned girl and revealed the well toned body again, beginning to clean Yuri up.



Baby, did you... Do what it seems like you both did? 



Upon the first few touches of the warm towel against her skin, Yuri flinched and pushed the hand that was roaming about her body away. It wasn't until when her hand found its way to the free hand of the other girl, then she stopped and let Yoona continue what she was doing. Yuri recognized that touch. It was no other than her girlfriend's. She may be drunk, but everything of Yoona was already in her. The touch that only Yoona is capable of giving her, that's why she was assured she was in safe hands.



It took Yoona barely few minutes to clean up her girlfriend, and she carelessly tossed the towel onto the desk beside the table lamp. She couldn't take her eyes off Yuri. She was just so attractive; her eyes, desirable-looking lips, delicate neck and collar bones, along with a slender figure that kills. Yoona removed her winter coat, switching off the lights, only leaving the small table lamp on and climbed into bed, snuggling under the blanket with her girlfriend. She hugged Yuri so close to herself, leaving barely any gaps and wept in silent. Yoona kissed Yuri on her lips, and felt a slight response. It made her cried harder.



What if it was someone else kissing you now? Are you kissing them back without knowing what you are doing...?



She ran her lips across Yuri's, then kissed the chin, and bite it gently. A light groan was heard but that didn't stop Yoona. She went on tracing along the jaw, planting pecks along the line hungrily and brushed her tongue inside the mouth before drawing out to take a breath. She couldn't be bothered if her tears were going to wake Yuri up, she just needed to feel the girl. Sobbing, she shifted her kisses onto the neck. She was almost on top of the tanned girl, supporting herself with a hand while running her fingers through the silky dark brown hair with the other.



''Baby...''



Yuri called out, causing Yoona to stop her act at once. The image of that girl in bathrobe came into her mind, and so did the red patch on her neck. She was engulfed by the sudden rush of hatred towards that woman sitting right outside, towards the whole event that she was still clueless about. Most importantly, she was disappointed, and confused. Yoona backed away from Yuri at once, but had a minor trouble of tearing the hand around her waist off. She crushed her back against the bed frame once she sat up straight, her mind experiencing a malfunction.



All she did was cry, cried till the sun came up, cried till she had no more tears, cried till Yuri came around.



***



The two girls were fast asleep on the sofa when Yoona came out of the room. She had so much urge to go up to the girl that was no longer dressed in the bathrobe and struggle the crap of her bony body that Yoona can simply crush with her strength.



No, Yuri is waiting in the room. 



She shot invisible darts at the brown hair lady whom she never had gotten a chance to ask for a name, then went around the room to look for casual clothes for Yuri to change into. There was a set of fresh clothes on the table, as if it was ready prepared for her girlfriend. A pair of jeans, tank top and a pullover. Everything was new, but all of Yuri's size. She grabbed all at once, entered the room and threw it on the bed.



''Change and come out.''



She slammed the door after she coldly expressed, waking the couple on the sofa.



''We are sorry we fell asleep. You took quite some time and we were kind of... Tired already.''



''Save the explanation, Taeyeon.''



She shot back without bothering to look at Yuri's best friend, or the girl beside her. She merely waited, until the door clicked open from the back. A figure held onto her throbbing head, settling down beside Yoona.



''What-What happened?''



SLAP!



Everyone in the room was dumbfounded when the loud slapping sound resounding in the air, but nobody was as shocked as the tanned girl who was still having her hangover. She held onto her burning cheek, mouth ajar while she stared mindlessly at her girlfriend who was already in a foul mood ever since she woke up and realized she was glared fiercely at. Yoona was surprised how strong the force she exerted was. Her heart ached when the cheek had a spread of red slowly covering more and more areas.



Did Yoona just... Slap me?



''Listen, Yoona! Tiffany is my girlfriend, that I just got together with and haven't got a chance to introduce to you! Nothing, absolutely nothing happened between Yuri and Tiffany! They only met last night during the function!''



Taeyeon was the first to snap out of shock and exploded out of fear and guilt. Yuri turned her head at once when she heard her best friend while she attempted to digest those words in the fastest speed she could do with her brain which was still soaked in alcohol's effects. She couldn't gasp at the situation, and neither could she say anything despite all the doubts that were spearing through her head. The only time Yuri managed to react was when Yoona stood up, seeming like she was departing.



''Smart move, Taeyeon. It's such a touching sight to see you cover up for your best friend. I'm sorry if you are expecting me to believe this, because I'm not buying a single crap from you.''



''No wait, nothing happened between Yuri and I! Trust me!''



Tiffany grabbed hold of Yoona's hand before she could take a step but she got shrugged off harshly.



''You expect me to trust you?!'' The youngest of all hollered. ''You picked up someone's phone in the middle of the night claiming that she was in your hotel room, came to the door in a bathrobe with a love bite on your neck and the next thing I saw was my girlfriend on your god damn bed with her dress ped! Now you are telling me you only met her last night, and nothing happened?''



Yoona lifted her hand and swung it towards the direction of Tiffany, this time fully aware of her strength but she couldn't care more. She wanted to make sure this girl suffers more than Yuri. My girlfriend will never cheat on me if you didn't do anything to her! You probably made her drunk! You made me slapped Yuri, you broke my heart! My seven years relationship with the girl I love most is jeopardized because of you! Yuri is my everything and there is no way I will let you take her! It's all because of your appearance, Tiffany! 



SLAP!



Everyone paused, as if nobody breathed. That was how tensed the atmosphere was. Blood tickled down from the corner of the lips, where a small cut was formed. Yoona's heart shrunk when she witnessed the whole happening. She left her jaw hanging in the air, the hand which gave the strike trembling so badly due to fear. The latter who received the blow exhaled loudly at the stinging pain with her eyes sparkling like diamonds because of the liquid threatening to drop any moment. Taeyeon thought her heart stopped beating when the slap occurred and it ignited a flame in her. She was about to launch forward at Yoona but got interrupted when the injured brushed her thumb on the lips.



''No Yuri, I'm... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-'' Yoona choked and stepped forward with a hand caressing the cheek she slapped twice in a row with so much energy, the other holding onto Yuri's hand that was stained with blood. The cut was deep, but it didn't hurt as much as Yuri's heart. Yoona held onto the hand so tightly, pressing her lips on it to give it a kiss while she gently dapped her finger around the cut but the blood just won't stop and it was scaring her.



Heal my heart, Yoona. Not my lips. It doesn't hurt a single bit, comparing to my heart that loves you wholeheartedly but is doubted. 



''Taeyeon, Tiffany, excuse us for now.''



Yuri intertwined her girlfriend's hand and left the hotel room, leaving all the drama behind. Just when she thought she had no more tears, Yoona couldn't deter herself from sniffing as they walked towards the elevator. Yuri reached out for Yoona's pocket to retrieve the car keys, not forgetting to lovingly pecked her girlfriend on the forehead, in an attempt to calm her down.



''Why did you take that slap for Tiffany?'' She was questioned when they were in the elevator.



If I didn't and it struck Tiffany instead, baby, Taeyeon will charge at you. My intention wasn't to protect Tiffany, I was protecting you. I rather get stabbed a million times than let you break a finger nail. 



Yuri remained mute, merely pulling Yoona to the car with crowds staring at her bleeding lips but it wasn't like she cared. She made Yoona sat at the back while she drove back to their apartment, not wanting to have any communication for the time being. She had to recall what really happened last night, before she finds herself trapped in a situation whereby she couldn't give a proper explanation. She hates how a small misunderstanding can be evolved into something so major that it breaks ties.



It hurts me to see you in pain but yet doesn't say a single word. Yuri, what's in your mind? How's your lips and cheek...? Why put me at the back when I want to be by your side?



A finger with tissue wrapping around it began to tap gently on the corner of the lips from the back, to clean away the blood when the car was at the traffic light. Yoona didn't know how to feel or what to feel. She hasn't hear from what Yuri has to say about the strings of events. It was inevitable for her to not imagine what took place before she arrived -- the bathrobe, love bite, and an improperly dressed Yuri knocked out in a hotel room. Not to mention how she received responses when she had a small make out session with her. Yoona's curiosity was suffocating her. Did Yuri know it was her that she was kissing? Or she just had to satisfy her yearn for lust under the effect or alcohol?



It didn't take them too long to reach home for it was still early on a weekend morning. The people in the city had barely waken from their slumber and little cars travelled on the road. Yuri never held onto Yoona's hand as they walked, her mind fully occupied with thoughts. She faintly remembered someone trying to remove her clothes but she rejected. Much later, she recalled another person coming to undress and clean her up again which she was objective at first, then softened when she recognized the touches. It was Yoona who cleaned her up, then laid beside her.



Yoong hugged me, kissed me and I wrapped my hand around her waist. I did gained a little conscious after freshening up... But what about Tiffany being in a bathrobe? And that love bite? I don't have any impression of doing anything with her. Never will I cheat on Yoona, I know that. Taeyeon was with me all along too, so what would have happened? 



Yuri threw herself onto the sofa once they arrived home, leaning her throbbing head on the cushion as she gently fan the cut at the corner of . It stung when she wet her dry lips. Yoona settled down beside her and began slowly.



''You didn't take the blow because there was really something between you and Tiffany, did you?''



''No.''



''Do you remember anything from last night, between you and her?''



''I really can't remember but I won't cheat on you, Yoona, trust me.''



The younger girl held her girlfriend's hand, dragging her across the living room and entered their room. Once the door shut, she pulled all the curtains together, resulting in an almost pitch dark space with little dimmed sunlight shining in from the top of curtain bar. Yoona had some unfinished business to continue from the previous night. Undressing Yuri, she pounded onto her, locking her arms around the neck as she dive in for the mouth.



She deliberately kissed the cut, brushing her tongue across it before nibbling on the upper lips. She didn't let go when Yuri withdrew away, wanting to move onto the bed instead, continuing biting the lips. She ignored the soft whimper, letting their tongue engaged in a fierce fight. Yoona took full control, pressing Yuri against the wall, cornering her.



Yuri, maybe you really didn't do anything. But who can guarantee if Tiffany did nothing to you? What if she took advantage of you when you were unaware? What if she kissed you all over like what I'm doing to you now? What if she had a share of you, who always belongs to me and just me...? 



All these thoughts drove her more wild, and rough. She failed to realize that she was grabbing onto the wrists too tightly that it was hurting already. The patches of love bites she planted on Yuri made the latter's neck burn slightly from the warm breaths and kisses. Yoona felt herself being pushed away, and that terrified her.



''Yoona,'' Yuri groaned. ''Stop.''



Yuri tried to retaliate, by holding onto her girlfriend's waist with one hand, the other prying the body away from herself. She is strong, she has always been strong but she is shivering now. She is scared. 



''Stop it, Yoona. I mean it.''



Yoona was on the verge of breaking down, again. The refusal made her panicked more than anything else. Does she not want to make love to me anymore...?



''No... No, I need you.''



''I don't want to.''



That was it. That phrase halted all the movements from the younger girl as her body quivered, lips trembling with her hands placed on the shoulders. Yuri was still holding her on the waist, but it wasn't the kind that she always gets. She leaned her forehead on the shoulder for a short moment, then turned around, wanting to walk towards the bed and it was then when she acknowledged that she was horribly drained. She let gravity take her body along, sitting right on the ground with a loud thud, followed by a loud cry.



Yuri slid her arms to catch the skinny figure before the alternative fell hard on the ground, sitting down right behind her vulnerable girlfriend. She back-hugged Yoona, swallowing the body in her own cuddle. Searching for a hand then intervolved them, she used her free hand to pushed the head back onto her shoulder tenderly, rocking the weeping girl from side to side. I'm sorry, I really am, baby.



''It was supposed to be a simple company dinner like every other year! Why did someone have to pick up your phone in the middle of the night, telling me my girlfriend who means everything to me, was in her hotel room, drunk and undressed?! Why did that someone happen to open the door in a bathrobe with an obvious love bite on her neck and you can't remember a single thing but wants me to believe you did nothing?! When I saw all those with my eyes, Yuri! I kissed you last night and you kissed me back but how was I supposed to prove that you didn't response only because you knew it was me or will you kiss any other people if they were the one who did it?!''



''I love you, Yoong... So much that I will never want to hurt you, you know that. Please, just believe me this once. I will find ways to prove to you, that I only love you and never had ever done anything with anyone. Taeyeon was with me all the while, go to her, listen to her. Please, I don't want to see you like this... Believe me when I said I know it's you, I can't explain why but it's just a feeling in me. My love for you is so deep that I can recognize it's you even if I was drunk...''



***



It has been a month and half since the incident ended. Life went on as per normal, but everything changed. The girls haven't had any chance to speak to either Taeyeon or Tiffany yet, for they were abroad for business. Yuri assured her girlfriend many times throughout the days but she never gained the trust she yearned for. They do everything like they always do; go to work, hang out with friends, come home to eat together and still sleeping on the same bed. Yuri was getting tired of having to go through the same suspicion every day, and she became quiet, unlike the bubbly girl she used to be.



She and Yoona still goes out for dates, except that she never initiated anymore skinship. She let Yoona hold her hand, kiss her, hug her but she barely response to any. There was still a shadow in her, after how the alternative fussed about her kissing back that night in the hotel. She didn't know how to prove it but eventually as she got doubted repeatedly, she gave up trying to convince the latter. Her actions frustrated Yoona, she comprehended that. It's just that she was so lost, she decided to just wait for her best friend to return, to testify for her innocence.



Tonight was Yoona's company year-end dinner, and Yuri was left alone at home. She sipped on the coffee, staring at the television screen mindlessly. Nothing was processing in her brain until her phone indicated an incoming call. Her eyes lit up almost immediately when she saw the name. It was Taeyeon. The couple finally finished their inspection in United States branch company and they called to check on their friends. They arranged for a meet-up on the coming weekend which was merely a day away to help clarify to Yoona about that night. Yuri's heart bloomed in the light of hope, the hope of reconciling with her girlfriend and mend the crack in their relationship.



From: Yuri
To: Yoona
11:25PM



''Are you coming back soon? We need to talk.''



From: Yoona
To: Yuri
11:25PM



''Come to the window.''



Yuri paced over to the big window pane, glancing down from her apartment and scanned the car park. She saw her girlfriend getting off a car at the drop-off platform with another girl. Seohyun? Isn't that her workmate? From the position she was standing at, she had a full view of what the twosome was doing. The original excitement of wanting to break the news of Taeyeon's arrival to Yoona died down at once. She heard her heart shuttered, she felt her blood draining away from her brain. Her lips dried up when she held her breath for that short second as she blinked her eyes at the sight. Yoona finally broke off and searched for Yuri, smirking upon their far eye contact before she bid her friend good night and headed for the elevator.



She... She kissed Seohyun, then smirked at me? She wanted me to see her kiss Seohyun...? She is out to break me, isn't she? 



Yuri was drowned in her own thoughts, unaware of the return of Yoona. She did her best to filter the image which was flashing in her mind again and again, hoping to find a minor logic in the action. Yoona stood beside her, watched her struggling to remained her composure.



''The past weeks were torturing for me, Yuri. I kissed Seohyun, and made you watch on purpose. We are even now, aren't we? After tonight, I will forget about that night and you will forget what you just saw. We will be like normal again, would we?''



Yoona trembled on the inside even though she appeared to be nonchalant. Kissing Seohyun was what she thought was the best revenge towards her girlfriend. She assumed that it will make her feel better. She neglected the fact that actually, she does trust Yuri. She believes Yuri didn't betray her. But because that night's event just kept on hunting her, causing her to be jumpy and garnered suspicion towards every interaction Yuri has with other girls, she just had to do it.



''Meet Taeyeon on Saturday.''



Yuri retreated into the study room and locked the door.



Did I go overboard...?



***



''See Yoona, Yuri was drunk because the bosses favored her and took turns to make toasts to her. She never knows how to reject people, you know that. Furthermore, she couldn't hold in her liquor. The hotel room was meant to be for Tiffany and I. But I brought Yuri over even before the dinner ended because she was already knocked out by then. I did thought of calling you, but I had to go back and attend to the guests at the meal. Tiffany is our company's public relation and there was no way she can leave, besides, she didn't know who you are.



By the time the both of us were done with what we had to do and returned to the hotel room, it was already past one. Tiffany didn't even step into the room! I was the one who undid Yuri's dress when she awoke, saying that she needed to throw up. That was when I called for Tiffany's help to hold onto the girl while I rushed into the comfort room to retrieve a bin for her. By the time I was out, she threw up on my girlfriend! Of course Tiffany had to change out of those dirty clothes and wore a bathrobe while I went to her car to get her changing clothes. I merely took a little longer just to get another set for Yuri to change into too from the hotel's shop and when I returned, you were there.''



''What's the point of telling me all these now, Taeyeon?''



The two girls sat opposite from each other while Tiffany sat beside Taeyeon, never removing her attention from the youngest girl of them all. She wondered where Yuri was at when she was supposed to turn up but she didn't dare to enquire, for she was afraid that another misunderstanding will rise if she showed her concern for her girlfriend's best friend. Taeyeon was getting annoyed at Yoona's attitude.



''Even if it's ten years from now that we return from the States, I will still clarify for Yuri! She is my best friend, and Tiffany is my girlfriend. I believe the both of them! Im Yoona, you have been with Yuri for seven long years! I only dated Tiffany for two months when the night occurred but I trusted her! Why can't you give Yuri some trust?''



Taeyeon, you have no idea. I trust Yuri, but not Tiffany. 



''How do you explain about the...?'' Yoona pointed to her own neck and Tiffany blushed, but it didn't affect Taeyeon.



''I did it! Who else would have done that?! Haven't that ever cross your mind, Yoona? In the first place, they won't not have done anything because Tiffany was having the time of the month!'' She hissed at a lower voice and volume, launching her body towards the skinny girl. ''You have always been an understanding girlfriend to Yuri and either did she disappoint you, that's why you both made it to the seventh year mark, Yoona. What happened to you? Is this what people meant by the seven years curse? Give it a think, Yuri loves you so much. But this is what she gets in return, your doubt.''



The couple left in a hasty, abandoning the young girl alone in the cafe to process the happening. She strolled aimlessly on the cold busy streets of Seoul, slowly making her way home. The door to the study room was still locked like it was since last night, and Yoona stood outside, weeping in silent as her mind replayed Taeyeon's words in her head.



I'm sorry... 



***



From: Taeyeon
To: Yoona
6:37PM



''Listen to this audio of my phone call recordings and you will know.''



Yoona was travelling back home after work when she received an audio note through the chat room two weeks after the meet-up. She knew Taeyeon installed the system of phone call recordings for business use, but she was perplexed at why she was sent a recording out of the blue. She put on her ear pieces as she drove, listening to the file like she was asked to. She can tell at once that it was a conversation between Taeyeon and Tiffany. Her back stiffened.



-AUDIO NOTE-



''Hi baby, where's your shirt?''



''I left it in the back side of the car.''



''Let me see...''



''Give me a minute, Tae. Yuri doesn't seem comfortable in that dress.''



Yoona heard Taeyeon made a mere sound of acknowledgement when the cell phone was then placed down on the table. She conjured what Tiffany was doing and she held onto the steering wheel tightly. Then, she heard a voice so familiar.



''Go... Away...''



My gosh, Yuri...



''I... I'm attached, Tiffany... Go, away.''



''You are so funny, Yuri. I'm Taeyeon's girlfriend and am least attracted to you! If you don't stay still, I can't remove your dress!''



Yoona heard Taeyeon's chuckle. It was a slight laugh which meant nothing, but at that moment, it was a sound of believe. Taeyeon could chuckle upon hearing the conversation because she trusted her girlfriend and best friend. She knew they wouldn't fool around behind her back, even if she was physically away. A gush of remorse was pulling Yoona down, so deep, so dark, so pain. This conversation may came a little late, but like they always say, late is better than never.



''Yoona... I only love Yoona... Don't touch me.''



I heard you, Yuri! I love you! I really love you too!



''Forget it! Taeyeon, I give up. Your friend is so stubborn. And who is Yoona?''



''She is Yuri's girlfriend. I forgot to tell you, she will never let anyone undress her besides her girlfriend. She is one faithful love. Anyways, I have reached the lobby. I'm just going to get some shirt for her before I go up.''



''Alright, come back for me first Taetae. Oh, Yuri's phone is ringing, I wonder who... See you in a bit baby, love you.''



''Bye.''



-END OF AUDIO NOTE-




Yoona gasped for oxygen when she punched the pins, unlocking the door to her home. She ran all the way from the car park after she saw Yuri's car in one of the parking slots. She was desperate to apologize for her foolishness, her lack of understanding and her revenge. She was ready to do anything and everything, just to achieve forgiveness. Seven years curse is not going to happen to us! I never will let it happen. Yuri, you did your part in saving our relationship. Now it's my turn.



''Yuri? Baby?''



She called out affectionately as she threw her back onto the sofa. It was then when she saw the traveling agency envelop on the table. She paused to think for a minute, hoping for the best and prepared for the worst. The best would be a business travel like how Taeyeon was sent a month ago, but the worst, was to be prepared for the departure of her love, for good. She took the documents with her, peeking into the slightly dark study room. There Yuri was, sitting on the couple couch by the working desk.



''Are you... Are you going somewhere?''



''I took three days off, for us.'' Yuri stayed still. ''Let's go to Japan, like how we did for our first year anniversary.''



Fireworks boomed in the younger girl's heart, a smile creeping onto her fair, flawless face. Yuri is beginning to accept me again, she thought. Leaving the papers on the desk, she removed her coat and squatted in front of her girlfriend. Yuri merely kept her head low, even when her hands were held. Yoona bit her lips when tears formed in her eyes, thinking of the audio note she heard earlier on. So that was what Yuri meant when she claimed that she will always be able to recognize Yoona's touch and kisses even if she is unconscious. She couldn't prove it back then but the recording did the job. Yoona s her hand around the neck, bringing their foreheads together.



She exhaled a sigh of relief when there was no more rejection like how she experienced for the past two weeks. With her free hand, she caressed the tanned girl's face, then let her thumb travelled down the jaw line and brushed the lips. She haven't kissed Yuri on the lips ever since the night the latter saw her kissed Seohyun. Every time when she attempts to draw in, Yuri moved away. With her forehead still against the other's, Yoona tilted her head to peck on the nose. Both girls let their tears run down their faces, and carefully, Yoona replaced her thumb with her lips on the latter's. Yuri finally let her do whatever she desired to do over the long days, to kiss her on the lips.



''Taeyeon sent you the audio note, didn't she?''



''She did, she did... I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have force you to come up with ways to prove your love for me. I feel it all along but I was just insecure, petrified and paranoid. I know you love me, and I love you with all my heart too. I did so many stupid things, I doubted you, I got back at you for something you didn't do. Baby, no words can describe how ashamed I am of my actions, of how I hurt you...''



With the silent approval she attained through the kiss, Yoona mustered her courage and went ahead to sit on Yuri's laps, pushing her lover against the couch. She wrapped her long slender legs around the waist, then transferred Yuri's hands around her body, making the older one hold her close. She went on to plant little pecks all over the face which was wet from tears, combing the hair backwards, revealing the pretty forehead. Those eyes glanced lovingly at her, but the pinch of pain was crystal clear. Cupping the cheeks with both hands, Yoona slid her tongue in between the lips, roaming inside the mouth which she yearned to taste again after the two long weeks.



''I'm sorry, and I love you, Yuri...'' She whispered against Yuri's mouth.



Her hand that was originally around the neck slowly glided down the smooth skin, tracing the collar bone, and down the chest. She undo the buttons on the plaid shirt Yuri was wearing, then removed her own blouse. Yuri didn't move a single inch, and Yoona was shaking. It wasn't that she was accepted, it just happened that the tanned girl couldn't be bothered to even avoid her anymore. More liquids escaped her doe eyes, falling onto the bare shoulder of her companion. She never stop what she was doing, except that she was cuddling even closer, letting the tongue roamed around the neck. She heard whimpers from Yuri too, acknowledging that the other was hurting emotionally too. The hands around her uncovered waist tightened slowly, encircling her fully in the embrace.



''Let's break up.''



It still came; my worst nightmare still came true. 



Yoona shook her head violently against the crook of the neck as they hugged each other without any hint of loosening. Once she let go, she will lose Yuri for good. It was as if the old loving Yuri was back when she began moving her hand up and down the quivering back, soothing the younger girlfriend of hers. She caressed Yoona's ear, removing the strands of hair. She gave her one good bitter-sweet kiss that she haven't been initiating in months, leaving trails of kisses until she reached the neck, then tenderly applied minor force, sinking her teeth into the flesh for a love bite.



Baby please, just pamper me with your kisses, make love to me and burst this nightmare...



''Go to Japan for a short holiday, we will create the last bit of memory, and then part our ways... I still love you dearly, Yoong. In fact, I don't ever think I can fall so hard in love anymore. But we need to separate. We both need time to heal from our own pain. If by then you still have me in your heart, I will always come back to you. For now, we...''



Yuri was sobbing so badly she couldn't bring herself to speak properly again. She pressed their bodies firmly, leaving no gaps in between. Either did Yoona have the intention to release her solid grip. She will never agree to the break up. She inflicted so much pain on her girlfriend and she deserves to be punished, but she can never survive without having Yuri. She shook her head again, dawdling her chin on the collar bone.



''No, no! I don't want to break up, I'm not going to leave you! I will give you sufficient space to be alone, to think through, to settle your emotions but I cannot tear myself away from you, Yuri, you know that! I need you, I am so dependent on you I will break and never get up again if you are gone... I want to be selfish, I want you. I am not accepting any request, I don't want to go Japan to create break-up memories. I only want to build our future, have you in my life every single day...''



The couple lingered in each other's hold with Yoona still having her legs around Yuri. None of them moved, only cuddling together, kissing from time to time as they dissolved in tears upon the heart wrenching decision that one made.



We have so much love for each other. Why did everything evolve into this poignant situation...?



***



Yuri intertwined her hand with Yoona's tightly as they travelled in the taxi, looking out of the window along the streets which they took to the airport. Despite the objection of the younger latter, the tanned girl insisted to not let the tickets go to waste. As much as she still loves Yoona, she reckoned that the separation may be the best way out for them both to heal, even though she knows the scar will still remain. Looking down at her sleeping love, she withdrew her hand out and encircled her arm around the shoulder instead, tucking Yoona into her embrace. It hurt her to watch Yoona so worn out, especially when it was because of the ordeal last night.



She recalled how Yoona refused to budge in and let her pack the last bit of their luggage the night before, holding onto her tightly, begging her to cancel the plan of travelling overseas. Those tears that stained Yuri's sweater were like invisible blood belonging to Yoona, and every drop represented her unwillingness of accepting the pre-breakup days they were going to spend. The girl cried the entire night while cuddling Yuri, which successfully deterred the older alternative from the further packing. However to her despise, most of their required needs were already placed in the suitcase. Breakfast was yet another miserable event for them both, and that was when Yuri decided to show more initiative to be closer, in an attempt to make Yoona feel that they were back like the good old days.



She sliced the pancakes into smaller portion and dipped into the maple syrup which Yoona loves, then offered to the girl with a slight smile on her face. She supposed her intention was saw through, for the fair girl had gave in, allowing herself to drown in the pamper of Yuri before time ticks away slowly. The couple had small random conversation here and there, feeding each other from time to time, just like their daily life before all the disruptive happenings. Both understood that they had to make full use of the upcoming three days, for it was really going come to an end even before they know. It felt like any other holiday that they were going for and both had forgot the main intention of creating the last bit of memories before parting their ways, indulging in each other's caress and love.



It was a long journey to the airport, which gave Yuri enough time to enjoy watching Yoona sleeping soundly but the face too carried a pinch of sadness tingled with trepidation. Nobody knows what lays ahead of them, and neither do they want to think about life without their other half whom they have been with for seven years, daily, without fail. Time slid away mercilessly, and in no time, they were already in Japan after the short flight. They laughed about the comedy they watched on the plane while they made their way to their hotel. The weather was chillier than they expected, and the wind was stronger than forecasted. Despite so, their mood wasn't dampen and they carried on with their sightseeing activities.



Together, they went back to places where they were at previously when they came for their first year anniversary celebration. Six years passed and every infrastructure remains unchanged, the food stalls are still there. The twosome must admit, they wished time will reverse back to when it all went wrong, fix it up, then have this holiday. The darker the sky gets, the more petrified Yoona got. Two days merely flew passed, which signified that their time together was running up. The weather got worst on the third day, and they had no choice but to stay in their hotel. The gloomy sky was a reflection of Yoona's heart, the heavy clouds were like her feelings. Rain drops were her tears, hitting on the ground harshly, like her tears that fell uncontrollably as she quietly wept by the window side.



''Yoongie, I think we have to depart earlier instead of taking the flight tonight. Flights are not encouraged to take off because of the bad weather. I'll go check at the counter. Do you want any food from downstairs?''



Yuri put on her coat, looking for the access card while she scanned through the newspaper on the desk without much concern. She failed to take note of her sobbing love, until she didn't receive a respond. Walking over slowly after she sensed the forlorn atmosphere, she lifted the chin, only to meet those doe eyes with more tears welling up. Yuri let go a deep, helpless sigh. Yoona stood up and held the hand against her face.



''Yuri, I don't want to go back yet. Can we stay, just for another day?''



''I only got us three days off.''



''It's weekend tomorrow, neither of us have to go to work till next monday! Please, Yuri.''



The tanned girl dropped her head low, swallowing hard without uttering a single word despite millions of thoughts running through her mind. Why do I always find it hard to reject you...? Why do I want to give in to your request so much? Why do I still want to stay with you so much although I suggested the separation? Is this a hint that all of this is not necessary, and that I can still live with you like before?



''Baby tell me, did you not enjoy the past days we spent together? I felt that we were doing great, and I'm certain we can do the same too without having to be away from each other... Please, I really don't want the break up. I promise I will do everything to make up to you, just stay with me, please.''



Yoona held onto Yuri's coat by the pockets, gently pulling her girlfriend closer to share a hug. The sweet scent of Yoona made it so hard for Yuri to tear herself away. She removed the holds on her coat, cupping the face of the younger girl, then leaned in slowly to brush her tongue across. She drew in to let their lips touched for a bare second, then withdrew, staring into the pair of eyes yearning for her, before sliding her tongue in between. Yoona was shaking so bad that Yuri had to snake a hand around the tiny waist to calm her down, to hold her close and feel her warmth. Pressing her forehead against Yoona's, she whispered.



''I'll be right back.''



Yuri headed towards the door without turning back, leaving Yoona alone in the room with minor lights, perplexed at whatever that just took place. Was that a good-bye kiss?She fell onto the bed like a ragged doll, drained, with the extra help of gravity. Everything around her was spinning, even the lights were dangling on the ceiling. She don't remember having a headache, or neither was she light headed from all the crying. Upon her frown at the situation, the siren came on, signaling an earthquake hit the area that the hotel was located at.



Yoona stood up as fast as possible, wanting to get to the door before the quake gets stronger, but she was still too late. The entire building was shaking vigorously, books and cups were falling off from the shelves and tables. The mirror in the comfort room was cracking by the sides, and droplets of water were falling out of the showerhead. Yoona fell hardly onto the ground and she was immobile. All she had on her mind was her girlfriend who is probably trapped in the lift, wavering in the container which was only held onto by pulleys. She didn't even have the time to be panic about her own safety as she tried her best to move slowly towards the door despite the strong vibration of the earth.



Yuri, you need to be safe! 



***



A smile crept onto Yuri's face as she brushed her thumb across her lips. She finally had an answer after these days, coming to a realization that the separation was no longer required. She understood that she loved Yoona too much to ever leave her no matter how bad she had hurt her. She had never blamed Yoona, and after the short trip they had in Japan, she knew nothing can ever break them apart anymore. She was planning to go to the counter and request for an extension of the room package that she booked earlier which was only valid for three days since Yoona pleaded for it and she already know what she really wants to do. She conjured the fair girl's delighted face by the time she is done with the procedure of booking and break the news of wanting to extinguish the foolish thought of separation, then simpered softly. She can't wait to hold Yoona in her arms again.



The lights flickered for once or twice, while the screen in the lift out without any reasons. Yuri was surprised at the faulty elevator, for the hotel was famous for their high servicing standards. She somehow had a thought born in heart, which she wished it wasn't true. But much to her dismay, her prediction was proven when the lift jerked and the light bulbs burst. Earthquake! Yuri's fast reflex allowed her to shield herself with her arms when the glass pieces came raining down, but she lost her balance when the entire container felt like it dropped a level lower at a speed so fast that she couldn't even let out a single wimp.



She clutched onto the bars on the lift walls as she shook with the building while she prayed silently in her heart. Likewise as her girlfriend, she was actually praying for Yoona's safety. She imagined the worst case scenario of the younger girl alone in the room, probably too shocked to even cry. Flashbacks of her and Yoona came screening in her mind when the lift dropped at least two levels down again, and she was engulfed by trepidation that Yoona may meet mishaps. Fishing out her cell phone, she swiped her finger against the screen, activating certain application as calmly as she could.



Yoona, my baby, please be safe!



***



''Miss, please remain where you are!'' The security guard called out to Yoona who was leaning against the wall, slowly crawling towards the elevators. ''Miss! This is a 7.3 magnitude earthquake and it is extremely dangerous to move about right now! Please stay where you are!''



''My girlfriend is in the lift, Mister! Save her, please!''



Yoona came to a halt in her movement for it was too tough to continue moving forwards, especially with the building's electricity wasn't running well and the lights were going on and off from time to time. She could heard children and babies crying while some people saying their prayers in the rooms she was nearby, which made her trembling heart even more unstable. She fixed her gazes on the two lift doors about four meters away from her position, wishing that Yuri was unhurt. Her breath shortened and her heart shrunk when a great thud came behind one of the doors she had her sight on. She was so dumbfounded that she was nailed onto the ground, having no reactions.



Everything finally came to a stop after close to one fifth of an hour's time. People were sighing loud relieves while some bawled, but Yoona was still crouching against the wall, biting onto her thumb. When she eventually snapped out of her daze, she rushed towards the lift, banging hardly on the door, ignoring the security guards' calling. Never in her life had she been this scared. The fear of losing the one who practically means the world to her was masticating her.



''Miss, we need you to step back before we can pry open the doors to see if there's any casualties trapped in the elevator! Please cooperate and let us secure the golden rescue time!''



More securities and hotel managers arrived at the level where Yoona was at after receiving the report from the first guard who gotten the news of their lodger's girlfriend being stuck during the earthquake, attempting to save whoever that may be inside. Yoona paced in a circle, still biting onto her thumb as she broke out in cold perspiration. The guards were careful when they pried the openings, but only to see the dark empty tunnels from both holes.



''Sir, one elevator dropped to the bottom, while the other one dropped in between the ninth and tenth floor. We are on the twenty-first floor so it will be better if we get this lady to wait at the lobby as we evacuate the rest of the public, while the rest of our men check both containers from basement and the eleventh floor.''



''No, no! I will go down to the eleventh floor with your men first, then we will go to the basement! I must make sure my girlfriend is safe!'' The aftermath of the earthquake hit Yoona and she crumbled from within, letting loose of her emotions.



''Miss, like I mentioned before, we need to secure the golden rescue period if we really have any injuries. It is not a suitable situation for you to go along with my subordinates because they will be distracted by having to look out for you too. Our hotel guards are well-trained so please trust us to do our job. Meanwhile, please kindly wait at the lobby with my female manager. I assure you that I, Kimura Takuya, will inform you once we find anybody.''



The traumatized girl was led down to settle at the lobby with the rest of the public but there was not a single moment when she can remain seated. She walked up and down the area with a heavy heart. It felt like ages while anticipating the sight of Yuri and she was so paranoid that she jumped upon a light tap on her shoulder.



''Yuri!''



''Sorry Miss, it's Takuya. I assume this is your girlfriend's cell phone since there is a Polaroid of you both at the back. Can you please confirm for me the identity of this lady?'' Yoona took over the device with her sweaty palm, nodding her head and more droplets escaped her eyes. ''I think she left you a message before the elevator dropped and-''



Yoona's mind was no longer processing whatever the manager had to say. She dragged her soulless body towards a slightly quieter corner and pressed on the play button of the recording. The shaking but familiar voice made it so torturing to hold in her agony and she let out a loud cry.



*RECORDING*



''Yoongie, it's me. I hope you are hearing this because that means you will be safe and sound. But that means I'm more or less gone. You must be confused at why I left after I kissed you. I only wanted to go down to extend our room package till Sunday morning before we head back, because I came to a conclusion that I love you so much, I don't care about what you had done. It takes two hands to clap and I know I'm in fault too. I shouldn't have given up that fast, I'm sorry. If I really don't make it, know that I have never blamed you for anything that happened in the past two months and that I really don't want the break up anymore. Perhaps it's a punishment for me, for the silent treatment I gave you back then. It's my greatest blessing to have you loving me, and if I can, I hope to have you as my girlfriend in my next life too. Always remember I love you. Be safe, keep going if I don't make it. Baby I-''



The sound of the elevator crashing slamming against the wall with a faint whimper resounded in the background. Yoona clasped the phone against her chest as she imagined what kind of horrible happening Yuri experienced alone, yet sounded firmed in the recording.



''Baby, I love you so much.''



*END OF RECORDING*



The last sound Yoona heard was the falling of the elevator and she felt her heart stopped. She ran towards the hotel manager who was attending to his staffs, holding the man by his arms and shook him back and fro as she choked on her tears. Words fought to escape from but her articulation was so bad that no one could understand what she was trying to convey.



''Miss, calm down! I can't comprehend you.''



''Where... Where is my girlfriend?!''



''Yoona!''



The hasty running footsteps came to a stop from her back upon the familiar voice. Instantly, Yoona felt her legs turned jelly. She spin her body around to search for the voice source and effortlessly, Yuri came into her sight. The latter had cuts on her face and trails of blood tickled down her arms from openings of her wounds. Still shaken, Yuri's face was pale, and her lips were dry. However, seeing Yoona again, safe and sound, had stabilized her fast-beating heart. Yoona gathered all the strength in her, bolted up towards the alternative. Yuri spread her arms wide opened to receive the girl in her solid embrace.



''Oh my god, oh my god... Thank god you are fine, Yuri, thank god...'' Yoona hid her face into the crook of the neck, inhaling a deep breath after planting kisses on the cheek. The couple could feel their bodies aching from the tight cuddle but none had the intention of loosening their muscles. They both carried the same miserable thought of not being able to see each other again and now that they were together, they refused to get separated anymore.



''Baby listen to me. I'm sorry for initiating the break-up, I don't want it anymore! Not now, not tomorrow, not anymore in my life. I have always needed you badly, especially after the earthquake. I was foolish and I didn't realize I was courting my own death when I mentioned about separating, because how can I ever live without you...? I will take you everywhere you want to go, we can go tour around Japan again. We don't have to be in a hurry to return to Korea. Anywhere with you will be like in heaven, because you are my angel. I'm sorry I hurt you unnecessarily, but I love you.''



Yuri broke off their hug and brushed Yoona's cheeks, staring deep into those eyes before planting a kiss on the lips. A big contrast from her emotions just a few minutes ago, Yoona was beaming so brightly her eyes were slightly curved. The recording did affirmed her Yuri's true feelings, but she liked it better to hear it personally, which she did. No words can ever describe her gratitude to feel Yuri again, to hold her and kiss her again after the deadly situation.



''I love you, and thank you for staying alive.'' Yoona fell into the arms once more, leaning on the shoulder as she whispered. ''Take me home, Yuri. Let's go home, together.''

 

THE END