Like A Fairytale

Like A Fairytale

“Welcome!” Seohyun said brightly as the bell attached to the door chimed. She had been working in the shop for 3 months now – a quaint little bookshop located just around the corner of the busy streets, right in front of a pretty view of the town. Minseok had been a frequent customer ever since the opening of the bookshop to purchase new picture books for his kindergarten class. Even though there was no long interaction between them ever, Seohyun does acknowledge Minseok as one of her frequent customers.

One day, Seohyun found a book that Minseok would probably be interested in, and reserved it for him automatically. When Minseok came in later in the day, Seohyun greeted him with a polite smile as he proceeded to the picture book section. At the counter when he was about to pay, Seohyun took out the book. “Hmm. Here, I hope you don’t mind, I thought you would like this too,” she said as she passed it to him on the counter.

Minseok’s eyes widened as he took the book over. “Thank you so much, I’m actually looking for picture books in this theme at the moment,” Minseok smiled as he flipped through it. “Theme…?” Seohyun asked out of curiousity. “I actually work in the kindergarten just down the road,” he replied shyly. “Really?! Working with children? Wow! That’s amazing. It’s something that I can never master,” Seohyun replied in an enthusiastic tone, making Minseok blush immediately.

“Usually people will give me that weird stare… but thank you so much,” Minseok said as he lowered his head down a little, afraid that she would spot his flushed face. “No problem, it is $20 in total, thank you so much. I’ll keep a lookout for more books in the future!” Seohyun said as Minseok was leaving. He gave a polite bow before stepping out of the door. Seohyun leaned back at the counter and finally let out a small giggle, thinking back at how red Minseok’s ears were.

This interaction and book recommendation went on for a few weeks, each time leaving Seohyun with a smile on her face as the topic they spoke about widens. Somehow, Minseok left his phone at the bookshop during one of the afternoon. Knowing that Minseok worked in the neighbourhood kindergarten that was just down the road where the bookshop was located, Seohyun decided that she should head on over to return his misplaced mobile phone instead. Finally, she stood in front of the gates of the kindergarten and somehow felt a little nervous inside – this would be her first time being around so many children at one time! She took a deep breath and opened the gates to the kindergarten.

Seohyun poked her head through and felt a sigh of relief when the first person she saw was Minseok. She waved at him, signaling for him to go over so that she could pass him his phone. However, what Seohyun did not know was that she had accidentally interrupted Minseok during his class time. “Noona, noona!! Are you Seohyun noona?” A little boy with big round eyes & lips that formed a cute little heart shape ran up towards her & grabbed her hands while raising his question. Seohyun kneeled down on her knees so that she is of the little boy’s eye-level. “Yes, little one, what’s your name?” Seohyun smiled. Upon hearing her confirmation, the little boy grinned sheepishly.

“My name is Do Kyungsoo!! SEOHYUN NOONA~~ DO YOU KNOW THAT TEACHER MINSEOOOOOKKKK~~~~” he suddenly raised his voice while his head was turned slightly to check out Minseok’s reaction. “TEACHER MINSEOK WAS ASKING IF SEOHYUN NOONA FELL FROM THE SKY~ BECAUSE YOU LOOK EXACTLY LIKE AN ANGEL~~~” Kyungsoo hurridly finished his sentence out loud when he spotted Minseok dashing towards him.

 “MEROOOONNNNNGGG~~~” Kyungsoo stuck his tongue out at his teacher as he hid behind Seohyun, leaving the blushing Minseok flustered (again) as he almost hugged her in an attempt to catch Kyungsoo. “I – uh – I uh... I am so sorry!!” Minseok said, as he pulled his hand back and tucked them behind him while swearing under his breath quietly – he just got freaking sabotaged by his own 5-year-old student!!!

Minseok was so busy looking down on the floor to hide his embarrassed self that he did not notice that Seohyun was also blushing from everything that has just happened too… Before he could say anything, Seohyun immediately took out his phone and stuffed it into his hand and then hurried out of the kindergarten. Surprisingly, Minseok’s reaction was fast this time as he went after Seohyun and managed to stop her in time. “Hey!” He called out to her. Seohyun stopped and turned around, flushing a little from whatever just happened. He took a step closer to her and then leaned in to her ears and whispered, “thank you, Seohyunnie.”

Seohyun flushed further at the close proximity and she stared at Minseok not knowing how to react. Suddenly coming to his senses as to what he just did, MInseok flustered too and starting fumbling over his words “I. Uh. I. Uhhh. Thank you so much. Sorry if that gave you a shock, and uh. I’ll definitely control my students better next time,” he said as he scratched his head. “It’s.. erm. Okay,” Seohyun said as she came to her senses. “Perhaps… if you don’t mind, I can come over to play with them the next time?” Minseok beamed at her reply and then nodded his head enthusiastically.

“Well, then… I should probably head back to the shop now,” Seohyun said softly while pointing awkwardly to the wrong direction of the shop. Minseok chuckled and then boldly grabbed her hand and pointed it in the right direction. “There,” he said. Seohyun smiled shyly (and sweetly) at his action and then nodded. She then bit on her lip shyly as she waved goodbye and turned around to leave.

Minseok stood outside the school gate and stared as she leaves, then took out his phone when it beeped from a new message received.  He jumped up in joy and went back into his class happily, as he saw Kyungsoo on his way in, he bent down to pinch his cheeks lightly and then rubbed his head, “thank you, you little devil!!!!” and then stood up to walk away like nothing happened. Kyungsoo just stared with his jaws ajar at this weird creature he called his teacher.

Message that he received: 

Hello oppa,

Here’s my number, by the way.

I’ll… watch over your from the sky.

- Seohyunnie

P.S. Looks like soon was not too far away, because Minseok immediately went to the bookshop after he knocked off too.

-----

A/N: Hehehe. I have this in my draft for the longest time ever, and I have finally completed it today. Pardon me for any mistakes anywhere, I did not take the time to edit this. Hope you'll enjoy. As usual, I'll appreciate if you can leave a comment/suggestion/subscribe/upvote! Thank you!