Final

[ONE SHOT] Late Confession

Hyunseung’s eyes were fixed on a figure beside him, who was sleeping. He felt funny to realize how he could end up being on the same bed as Yong Junhyung, his crush. He pulled out his hand just to reach Junhyung’s soft strands of hair but he halted his hand. Knowing how much Junhyung hated when he touched him, he suppressed himself from doing that.

Slowly, he pulled himself into a sitting position. His eyes shifted back to Junhyung. Hope was inside his eyes. Hope that someday Junhyung will treat him different. He smiled bitterly with he fact that he treated Junhyung like a lover but Junhyung treated him like a piece of trash or more likely as a slave.

Hyunseung had always been in love with Junhyung. But Junhyung could never get his mind off his boyfriend, Yoseob no matter what Hyungseung did. Yes, Junhyung had a boyfriend. Hyunseung was only a stain in Junhyung’s heart that destroyed everything for Junhyung. And now Junhyung was getting revenge on Hyunseung.

It’s all started about a month ago. They were having a party before a month from graduation. Hyunseung didn’t want to come at first but because of Kikwang pleaded him to come; he couldn’t refuse his friend’s request.

He did go to the party. But most of them were shocked to see Hyunseung. He wasn’t the same old Jang Hyunseung with glasses and formal clothes. He was wearing a skinny jean and a black shirt. With thick eyeliner, Hyunseung looked ier and without his glasses, everyone could see what perfect jaw line he had.

Hyunseung ignored when there were a few guys tried to flirt with him. Because his eyes were glued on a figure, Yong Junhyung. Sipping a glass of alcohol, he kept on staring at Junhyung, hoping that he would notice him. But deep inside, he knew Junhyung won’t be attracted by his new appearances because he was deeply in love with Hyunseung’s best friend, Yoseob.

He couldn’t blame Yoseob when he told him that they were dating. Everyone in the college was crazy for Yoseob’s cuteness while he was just like an outsider. No one could notice Hyunseung in college.

As Hyunseung saw Yoseob was not at the party, he decided to try his luck again. Although he changed his looks, he was still the same old Hyunseung-shy. He walked towards Junhyung, who was a bit drunk but sober enough to think properly. Junhyung only looked at Hyunseung, who was standing before him.

‘Junhyung…I…I like you.’ He was always straight forward.

Hyunseung could see Junhyung was frowning hearing he said that. But then, a smirk appeared on his visage as a sign he recognized him.

‘You’re…Jang Hyunseung right?’

Hyunseung just nodded as a yes as he didn’t know what to say anymore.

His smirk grew wider as he said,

‘Aren’t you the one who confessed to me last year?’

‘Yes…’ Hyunseung replied as his eyes were on the floor now.

Junhyung laughed a bit as he didn’t know Hyunseung could be so bold to confess to him even though he knew he had a boyfriend.

‘You know I’m someone’s boyfriend, right?’

‘Yes, I’m aware of that.’ Hyunseung said, braved himself to wait for icy words came out from Junhyung’s mouth.

But he didn’t say a word after that. Abruptly, he grabbed Hyunseung by his wrist and dragged him out the party.

‘What are you doing?!’ Hyunseung shouted as he was startled with his actions.

‘Let’s make out.’ His words left Hyunseung in shock.

Hyunseung managed to stop him from dragging him as they got out by yanking his hand off of him.

‘Have you gone crazy?!’

‘Didn’t you say you like me?’ Junhyung answered Hyunseung’s question with another question.

‘Yes…’ Hyunseung couldn’t deny that fact but this was not what Hyunseung hoped for.

‘So just shut up and follow me.’

‘I’m sorry I just can’t.’ Hyunseung bowed in attempt to walk off the place.

‘Don’t play innocent. I really don’t buy it.’ Junhyung’s words didn’t stop Hyunseung to walk away.

But suddenly, Junhyung grabbed his wrist again, but this time so tight until Hyunseung couldn’t yank him off. Struggling was futile for Hyunseung when Junhyung managed to drag him to his car and throw him in there.

Hyunseung was dumbfounded seeing Junhyung’s reaction. He drove them to a hotel and Junhyung dragged him out into a hotel room. He kept on grabbing onto Hyunseung, leaving not a single way for Hyunseung to escape.

Junhyung threw him on the bed. This time, Hyunseung tried to run out but Junhyung pinned him down the boy. He was trapped.

‘Stop this, Junhyung!’ Hyunseung begged him but Junhyung wasn’t stopping himself from kissing his neck.

‘Stop struggling or I’ll you.’ Junhyung warned him but he didn’t want to obey that.

Hyunseung kept on shouting for him to stop, rendering Junhyung to put a finger on Hyunseung’s lips as a sign to stay quiet, and whispered,

‘Shhh…I just had a fight with Yoseob…so please…’

Hyunseung stared at Junhyung’s eyes. They were filled with lust. He didn’t know anymore if Junhyung was sober or drunk any longer. Because he had lost his mind ing some else and not his own boyfriend. Hyunseung could only shed his tears as he couldn’t stop Junhyung.

*****

Rumors were spreading fast throughout the college, saying that Junhyung cheated on Yoseob. It’s true that Yoseob didn’t do to the party that night but he heard people telling that Junhyung went to a hotel with a guy.

Although Yoseob didn’t know who it was, it was enough for him. He really thought Junhyung was for him and not even once he could think that he will cheat on him. In the end, Yoseob knew with who Junhyung cheated on him and he was mad. He avoided seeing Junhyung and he didn’t even talk to Hyunseung.

And Junhyung blamed Hyunseung for this. Junhyung told him to come to his house one day just to shout at him,

‘Why did you tell him?!’

Knowing, ‘him’ must be Yoseob, Hyunseung just frowned and asked,

‘Tell him what?’

‘Stop playing dumb.’ He said cynically.

‘I’m not, so just get to the main point.’ Hyunseung said that because he was confused.

Pissed off, Junhyung suddenly slammed Hyunseung against the wall and his hand grasped his neck, choking him. Hyunseung was startled.

‘About us! Why did you tell him?!’ He raised his voice as he tightened his grasp.

Hyunseung’s hands were on Junhyung’s, trying to pull his hands off his neck as he felt a surge of pain in his neck.

‘I didn’t tell him…’ Hyunseung coughed as he was really couldn’t breathe properly.

‘If you didn’t tell him, then how could he know?!’

Managed to catch a breathe, he blurted out,

‘How should I know?!’ Hyunseung was still struggling.

Junhyung glared at him before throwing him on the floor, making his face hit the cold floor.

‘If you think by telling him, you can be with me…just keep on dreaming.’ He said before leaving Hyunseung on the floor.

Hyunseung just rubbed his neck, as it was painful.

‘I’m not that desperate.’ Hyunseung mumbled.

*****

Seeing about a week since Yoseob avoided Junhyung, Hyunseung couldn’t stay quiet any more. At first, he thought being quiet was the best but it won’t solve the problem if he didn’t explain to Yoseob. One day, he managed to drag Yoseob to talk to him.

‘There’s nothing to talk Seungie.’ Yoseob tried to calm himself from being mad at Hyunseung.

‘That night was a mistake. It’s not his fault.’ Hyunseung explained to him.

‘Whether it is his fault or not, it doesn’t matter because he slept with you.’

Hyunseung took a deep breath before saying,

‘He was drunk and he thought of you when he ed me.’ It was the true.

Yoseob just sighed.

‘Look Seungie. I don’t want to care about it anymore. You wanna know what hurts me the most about this?’

Hyunseung just paid attention to Yoseob’s words,

‘It killed me when I know it was you, my own best friend. I’m sorry but I really hate both of you.’ Yoseob’s words were filled with sadness and disappointment.

*****

Hyunseung was walking down the hallway as he was tired of all the dramas. Yoseob hates him and Junhyung was having him a hard time. He sighed, hoping that he could just get home fast, take a shower and sleep on his cozy bed.

But he knew all those things had to wait, when Junhyung came out of no where and dragged Hyunseung to an alley. Again, he slammed Hyunseung against the wall, making a surge of pain in Hyunseung’s spine.

‘Why were you’re talking to Yoseob just now?!’

Hyunseung just rolled his eyes as he was getting pissed off of Junhyung, who never could leave him alone.

‘I’m just telling him that it was a mistake.’

‘Then why is he asking for a break up?!’

‘How should I know?’ Hyunseung really hoped that Junhyung stopped blaming him for all of these.

Junhyung suddenly grasped Hyunseung’s chin and leaned closer. He smirked before saying,

‘You told him to break up with me, right?’

‘I didn’t!’ Hyunseung could only protest it.

But then they heard someone shouting at them,

‘I hate both of you!!’ It was Yoseob.

Hyunseung’s eyes were widened to see him. He must misunderstand them again. Junhyung called his name and tried to chase after him. But in just a second, it was too late. Yoseob crossed the road without seeing both sides and he didn’t notice a car coming fast towards him.

‘Yoseob!’ Junhyung could only shout for his name when he got hit by the car.

The car didn’t stop. Instead it just continued its journey making it a hit and run accident. Junhyung went to get Yoseob, who was bleeding on the road. Hyunseung could only call the ambulance.

‘Yoseob ah, please wake up! Please!’ Junhyung was crying with Yoseob in his arms.

Yoseob was unconscious. There were simply no respond from the boy. Hyunseung didn’t know what to do as his eyes were glued on Yoseob who was badly injured. Blood was all over his body. Taking a drastic action, Junhyung put a finger at Yoseob’s nose. His hands trembled suddenly giving Hyunseung a bad sign.

Junhyung glared at Hyunseung.

‘It’s all your fault…It’s your fault!’ Junhyung shouted at him with tears staining his face.

Ever since that day, Hyunseung couldn’t sleep at night remembering those tears Junhyung shed when Yoseob died. And the fact Junhyung was blaming everything on him, made him tired of living.

Junhyung spent almost his days, getting drunk. His life was miserable but he managed to graduate college with great results which qualified him to be the CEO of his family’s company. Day by day, Hyunseung could see Junhyung was falling apart. And it was all because of him.

‘I’m sorry Junhyung. Please forgive me, I’ll do anything. Just forgive me.’ That was the words I said to him regarding Yoseob’s death.

His answer was simple. He smirked and uttered,

‘Be my slave.’

*****

It already had been 3 years since the incident. Hyunseung was living with Junhyung. For Junhyung, he was nothing. He was only his slave. Yes, his slave. Hyunseung works at Junhyung’s company in daylight. At night, he was his slave, providing him pleasure until he was content.

Junhyung never cared about Hyunseung. He doesn’t care when Hyunseung was having a fever or had a stomachache. He’ll him if he had to.

For 3 years, Hyunseung stopped smiling. He stopped talking whenever Junhyung was around.

‘I hate you voice.’ Those were the cold words that Junhyung threw at him when he greeted him home after work.

‘Don’t smile at me. I hate your smile.’ He said the first time he stepped into the house.

At night, Hyunseung would bit his lips or his hand, preventing any sound from coming out from his mouth.

‘Stop . I hate it.’ Junhyung warned him every time he s him.

And he wasn’t allowed to stare at Junhyung.

‘Stop looking at me with those eyes. I hate it.’

Every single day, Hyunseung comforted himself saying it will be all right as long as Junhyung will forgive him. But only he knew his own heart. He didn’t know how long he could stand being in this bind? His heart was breaking down day by day.

That night, Hyunseung prepared dinner as usual. He only put the food on the table, knowing he couldn’t accompany Junhyung when he was eating because he hated it. Then, he heard Junhyung’s car parked at the garage. He was late tonight not as usual.

Hyunseung quickly walked towards his room. Why? It was because Junhyung despised seeing Hyunseung walking around the house.

If he could he didn’t want to see Hyunseung’s face. But then, Hyunseung’s pace stopped when his eyes caught sight on a framed picture of Junhyung and Yoseob. He took it without noticing Junhyung already entered the house. Hyunseung smiled bitterly as he gazed at the picture.

‘Get your hands off my things.’ Junhyung’s words startled Hyunseung a bit.

He turned around and saw Junhyung with his loosen tie as he was shrugging off his coat. Hyunseung put the frame on the table. He didn’t say a word but just walked into his room. Hyunseung didn’t want to make a wrong step again. He didn’t want Junhyung to hate him even more.

It was true that Hyunseung never stop loving Junhyung even though he treated him as a trash. Junhyung was always cold at Hyunseung. At first, Hyunseung just wanted to go to sleep but then he remembered about Doojoon’s message, asking him out tomorrow.

He opened his door a bit to just peep at the kitchen. Just as he thought, Junhyung already took a shower and was eating now. He took a deep breathe before going out to talk to Junhyung although he knew Junhyung hate it.

‘What do you want?’ Junhyung asked coldly as Hyunseung was standing in front of him.

‘Tomorrow…can I have a day off?’ This was the first time Hyunseung asked for a day off after 3 years working at his company.

‘What for?’

‘Doojoonie wants to see me tomorrow.’ Hyunseung told him the truth.

Junhyung knew Doojoon. He was his senior and he was pretty close with both Yoseob and Hyunseung. So, Junhyung thought it was best for him to let him off for a day or Hyunseung will not stop bothering him.

‘Sure.’

‘Thank you.’ Hyunseung could say that. He was happy actually that he could see Doojoonie again after a while.

But just before Hyunseung could walk of into his room, Junhyung suddenly grabbed his wrist.

‘My room, tonight.’

Hyunseung just blinked his eyes a few times. He knew what it means, but why tonight? Usually when Junhyung came home late, he will go straight to bed. Looking at Hyunseung’s expression Junhyung knew he must be confused thinking it was weird of him.

‘You’ll be coming home late tomorrow right, so I can’t you.’

Although Junhyung said that, Hyunseung felt like Junhyung was worried about him. It was as if, he will worried that Hyunseung will get tired at work. Hyunseung wondered why he was acting like that. But he didn’t want to think about it. He didn’t want to have a false hope in his heart. Because he knew how much Junhyung hated him.

*****

The next day, Junhyung already went to work, leaving Hyunseung alone on the bed. Hyunseung was awake but for some reason he was having a hard time to open his eyes. He managed to find his pants on the carpeted floor and put it on.

He thought for a second about what happened to his eyes. And then he just remembered about last night. After having with Junhyung, he forgot to take his contact lens off before sleeping. He was in trouble. His eyes were killing him and Doojoonie will come soon to pick him.

Blanked, Hyunseung rummaged his phone under the pillow. When he found it, he quickly called Junhyung but he turned off his phone. He tried a few times but failed. Just as he was trying, someone called him. He picked it up hoping it was Junhyung. But his hope failed him when it was Doojoon.

‘Doojoonie, help me.’ He had no choice but to ask for his help.

A few minutes later, Hyunseung found himself at the hospital, being examined by the doctor. Because of that, Hyunseung couldn’t use his eyes for a few days. The doctor had to wrap his eyes with a bandage, preventing him to open his eyes.

Hyunseung thanked Doojoon for helping him. Doojoon was helping Hyunseung to walk at the hospital until Hyunseung heard some footsteps as if someone was running towards them.

‘What happened?!’ The familiar voice was filled with worries and anger.

‘Mianhe, Junhyung.’ Hyunseung could only apologize knowing the voice belongs to Junhyung.

Junhyung wanted to say something about Hyunseung’s carelessness or more like scolding him, but he had to suppress his intention, when Doojoon grabbed his hand as a sign to stop.

Doojoon suddenly told Hyunseung to sit there for a while and he dragged Junhyung away just to talk to him.

‘Stop this.’

Junhyung looked at him with eyes all confused.

‘I know you’re hurting him.’ Yes, Doojoon knew that. He saw it through Hyunseung’s eyes.

‘It’s none of your business.’ Junhyung’s words were cold as he never cared about what will happen to Hyunseung.

Just before Junhyung wanted to walk away from the place, Doojoon said,

‘Don’t regret this later.’

Junhyung stopped his pace just to turn around at Doojoon and smirked,

‘Not even a second I will regret over Jang Hyunseung.’

Then, he didn’t waste a second to grab Hyunseung and drag him home. Hyunseung really wanted to ask him where Doojoon went but he could sense that Junhyung was mad because of something so, he stayed quiet.

*****

Junhyung, who was sitting on the couch, sighed for the third time in 10 minutes already seeing Hyunseung bumping into things in the house.

‘Can you stop that?’ Junhyung asked him.

‘Mianhe. But...but I can’t see anything.’ Hyunseung was struggling to find his way to his room after dinner.

For the first time, it was different. Junhyung, was the one who cook for him tonight. He was also the one who helped him changed his bandage. Junhyung really took care of him. Even though Hyunseung knew Junhyung wasn’t sincere doing them but he was happy.

Again, Junhyung sighed as Hyunseung was being so troublesome. He stood up and walked towards Hyunseung.

‘Stop walking and just follow me.’ Junhyung said that before grabbing his hand.

He held his hand tight and led him to his bedroom. When Hyunseung lay on the bed, he thought that Junhyung will leave him but he was wrong. Junhyung stayed beside him, holding his hand. Hyunseung couldn’t hide the fact he was scared sleeping with the bandage on his eyes because he couldn’t see anything but now, it was different. Junhyung’s warmness erased all his fears.

In just a while he was fast asleep. He was happy that Junhyung stayed beside him for that night. But if he only knew Junhyung caressed his hair, if he could see the eyes that were staring at him now, he will know how much he meant to Junhyung. But he will never know because Junhyung had a strong denial about his feeling towards Hyunseung.

He hated the fact that the more he tried to hate Hyunseung, the deeper his feeling towards Hyunseung.

*****

A week after that, Hyunseung recovered and he could see everything clearly, but still Junhyung wanted him to stay at home. Junhyung told him to do all his chores that he didn’t do when he was sick, although the real reason was he didn’t want Hyunseung to be tired again.

That morning, Hyunseung could only smile when he saw that Junhyung’s plate was empty. Usually, Junhyung won’t finish the food he made. He did what Junhyung told him to do. He did the laundry, wiped the windows and even cleaned his room. He knew Junhyung hated the most when Hyunseung entered his room, but when he was sick, Junhyung let him to sleep there with him. Even though, Junhyung gave the excuse that Hyunseung might be a trouble for him if he went out to the kitchen or somewhere at night without seeing a thing.

As he was cleaning Junhyung’s room, he noticed the framed picture of Junhyung and Yoseob was already gone. It wasn’t on his table. He pondered why Junhyung put it away after keeping it for 3 years. But he just shook the thought off, not wanting to have a false hope.

His eyes then caught a sight of a thumb drive. Again he pondered. As far as he knew Junhyung always brings that thumb drive with him every where he goes.

‘It’s more important that your own life.’ He remembered Junhyung’s words when Hyunseung accidentally dropped it last time.

Knowing, it must contain his company’s information, he sent Junhyung a text message saying he left the thumb drive at home. In just a few minutes, Junhyung replied his message,

‘I was looking for it. Just keep it safe.’

Hyunseung took Junhyung’s words and kept the thumb drive with him as he entered the kitchen, wanting to cook for lunch as Junhyung informed him that he will be coming home later. Everything was fine, until Hyunseung heard a sound. It was more like footsteps.

Hyunseung thought it probably Junhyung. But his eyes went widened to see a guy in black in front of him, holstering a gun.

‘Wh..who are you?’ Hyunseung’s body was trembling as he was aimed.

‘Give me the thumb drive.’

Hyunseung gripped the thumb drive before putting it in his pocket.

‘Why should I?’ Hyunseung acted like he wasn’t scared although his body was shivering.

Hyunseung tried to run when the guy’s attention was off him for a while but his attempt failed when the guy managed to block him with his foot, making Hyunseung’s face hit the cold floor.

‘Give it to me!’ The guy kicked Hyunseung as he was an empty trash can.

He kept on stomping on his stomach, making Hyunseung groaned in pain. Hyunseung, who was on the floor, trembled in pain. He couldn’t move as his body was too painful, but still he wanted to protect the thumb drive with his life.

Then, the guy received a call from someone. He turned his back towards Hyunseung, who was helpless as he knew Hyunseung must not have enough energy to get up. But he was wrong. Hyunseung forced himself to stand up. Slowly, he managed to get up and he attacked the guy by wrapping his neck using his arm, trying to choke him.

Hyunseung was completely lost his mind in the situation. He could only hope that he could protect the drive. The guy wasn’t giving up when he elbowed Hyunseung’s stomach hard, making him had to let go of the guy. This time, the guy lost his patience. The moment he turned around to face Hyunseung, he pulled the trigger.

It hit Hyunseung’s left legs, making him fell on the floor. Blood was oozing from the wound. It was bad as the wound was too deep because it was shot in a short distance.   

‘Stop fighting or I’ll kill you!’ The guy warned him.

But hearing the guy said that only made a smirk appeared on Hyunseung’s visage.

‘I rather die…than…giving this to you…’ Hyunseung was panting as a sign he was losing too much blood.

The guy was mad hearing his words. As the consequences, he stomp Hyunseung’s leg on the wound, making Hyunseung to wail in pain.

He tried to take the drive from Hyunseung, but he wasn’t giving it up to the guy. He had to protect the thumb drive with his life. It was all for Junhyung’s sake.

‘Give me the drive!’ He shouted as he pulled the trigger again.

This time, a surge of pain was felt at Hyunseung’s chest. His breathing became ragged. Still, Hyunseung was still holding the thumb drive safe.

Suddenly someone rang the door bell, making the thief to just run towards the door. He opened the door and pushed the person, who rang the bell.

‘Yah!!’ Junhyung shouted as he was startled seeing a stranger in his house just now.

Having a bad feeling, he rushed into the house. He heard groaning sound coming from the kitchen. His heart skipped a beat to see Hyunseung on the floor with blood all over his body.

‘Hyunseung!’ He shouted.

Hyunseung was losing his consciousness. His body was getting weaker. He felt Junhyung put his head on his lap as he called the ambulance.

Hyunseung kept his strength just to open his eyes looking at Junhyung. He was crying. But Hyunseung was smiling at him. Maybe because Hyunseung was happy that Junhyung was crying for him.

Slowly, Hyunseung pulled out the thumb drive from his pocket with his hands trembling and gave it to Junhyung.

‘I…I..kept my promise..’ His breathing wasn’t leveling.

‘Stupid! Who told you to protect it with your life?! I would have given the thumb drive if your life is on the line!’ Somehow, Junhyung’s words only made Hyunseung happy.

He felt it. He could feel Junhyung’s love.

‘Jun-Junhyung…’ Hyunseung tighten Junhyung’s grasp on his hand. ‘Now…you can..live..happily, I paid Yoseob’s life with mine...so forgive me.’

Junhyung was shedding tears. He was crying so hard.

‘Andwae!! Hyunseung…don’t you leave me…I’m sorry…please.. don’t you die on me!’ Junhyung kept on begging him.

Hyunseung just smiled. Only a weak smile he could portray on his face. He coughed blood, making Junhyung trembled even more.

‘Junnie…thank you…for letting me... stay beside you.’ Hyunseung reached his hand to brush Junhyung’s cheek.

He always wanted to touch Junhyung’s cheek. Just as he thought it was soft. It was already hard for Hyunseung to keep his consciousness.

‘Don’t leave me! I’m sorry, please Hyunseung. Don’t leave me!’ His face was stained with tears.

Hyunseung curved up a smile as he closed his eyes slowly.

‘I love you…can’t you hear me?! Don’t leave me.’

Junhyung’s words were the last thing he could hear as it tears managed to escape Hyunseung’s eyes.  

He could no longer hear Hyunseung’s heartbeat. He screamed Hyunseung’s name but he knew he won’t hear it. He could only cry. Junhyung had always in love with Hyunseung but he didn’t want to admit it because of his stupid ego. If only he could throw his ego, this thing won’t happen.

‘I’m…too late, right?’ Junhyung mumbled as he cried.