PROLOGUE: A Much Better Title

Call Me Mister Princely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's Crown Prince Howon as he appears ...as the Crown Prince.
Also how he appears in this prologue alone. Just a thing.

warning(s): some confusing elements. unnamed characters. hints at mpreg. suggestiveness. hoya being a douchey brother, kinda. maybe some more but idk.

oh hey there~. it's me again. that fanfic writer who turned the lee sung brothers into little babies that prosecutor hoya just so happened to be the father of. i mean, seriously, if that wasn't crack enough, here i am (with my sister helping out), writing something about princes in stupid love with common people. i mean seriously though. please just get it together, writer sister! ah. anyway. i've not much to say about this fic just yet, other than the fact that the idea has been brewing in mine and my sister's heads for the past few months. we sort of have everything planned out but we're very much aware that our plans could change. for now, please enjoy what we have written. uwu

 

[Prologue] A Much Better Title
In which Crown Prince Howon of Sseungdo finds a more pleasant title than "His Majesty."
 

 

When Crown Prince Howon was eighteen, he and a few members of the cabinet attended an important diplomatic meeting set in the country of South Korea. He and the five older men he traveled with had to stay in the country for two weeks; all Howon can remember about the time he spent there was the vast amount of talking and signing required, and that he had to talk to Korean government officials about improving the relationship between their country and his own.

He comes from a country that's more than well-off; the land of Sseungdo and its people benefited from the blessing that is the oil and minerals that could be found in certain places. His homeland is beautiful enough to garner attention from tourists, and their relationship with the international market is not that bad either. Prince Howon was nothing short of proud to be a child of Sseungdo, and he is especially appreciative of its people. Howon feels nothing but patriotic love for his country.

As much as possible, Howon tried his best to fulfill his duty as the nation's next leader. He upheld an image of responsibility, whether it be filial or otherwise, as well as something akin to strictness. To the people of Sseungdo, he was the type of man who they could easily trust and depend on to be their King someday. Prince Howon maintained a pristine image that had his younger brothers looking up to him in admiration, as their role model—and for the rest of Sseungdo's youth, as well.

But that didn't mean Prince Howon didn't get bored. In fact, Howon couldn't remember a day when he'd dedicated himself to anything other than his duty as the King's first born son. He never had fun. He never thought of anything to be funny. He was a serious child and knew nothing other than the duties he's been born to fulfill.

The prince of the neighbouring country, heir to the throne himself, had endlessly poked fun at him and his one-set mind. He was frequently teased by the elder about how he's become an old man ever since he was born, how he had no life behind his work. Howon always thought that the older prince, his only friend, was spewing out nonsense and nothing more. But he couldn't help but be bothered.

They were both staying in South Korea, both sent out by their fathers to improve relations between their country and the one they were staying at. Though Prince Howon knew that he was there for political purposes, the crown prince of his neighbouring country had other ideas.

It was a week into their stay, and most of the talking has been done. His advisers told him that they were able to rest up, for the day, and he was free to enjoy what the country has to offer if he so chose to spend his day as such. But Howon chose to stay in to collect his thoughts.

Howon remembers catching the older prince sneaking out of his hotel suite, without any of his guards or his councilmen noticing. Because he was who he was, Howon followed him and walked up to his older friend with a serious face and spoke to him in his most intimidating voice, “Where do you think you're going?” His voice almost boomed.

“I'm going to explore the city,” the other prince told him with a laugh that sounded so annoying coming out from his mouth, “My men told me I could, so, you know, why not? I bet this place has a lot of fun things to do, a lot of places to be, and a lot of hot people to see.”

His entire body twitched in irritation.

“You imbecile. You absolute nitwit,” the words rolled out on Howon's tongue like it was the most natural thing for him to say at that point. The older teen merely laughed at Howon's disgruntled expression, “How dare you think of leaving and going on your merry way when you're your country's future king? You have duties to think about, a country and its population to keep in mind. Your thoughts and wants are selfish and unnecessary. You make me sick.”

“Chill out,” the other scoffed at him. Howon gave him the stink eye, “Look, I know I have my responsibilities but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. I'll do my work when it's time for work, and when I have free time then I'll spend that free time the way I want to. My people will definitely understand me. Hell, my dad would understand, seeing as how he used to do the same thing before he became king. I know because he told me and my mom. It's okay to take a break, once in a while.”

“Princes don't take breaks,” Howon stated.

“Yes, we do,” the elder had grabbed at his wrist, “But I guess I understand why you wouldn't know that little fact, seeing as how you've drowned yourself with stresses of easily avoidable burdens. Prince Howon, my dearest friend, you've got to learn to take it easy, once in a while.”

“Your bohemian talk causes for some concern,” Howon told him.

“And your big words prove my point,” the other simply replied, “You know what? I'm taking you out with me. We'll enjoy what this country has to offer, together. You and me, two good looking princes, out there like the common man and enjoying life for what it's worth.”

“You're insane.”

“And you have no choice.”

Howon really didn't, because at that point, the other prince's most trusted assistant—who'd much prefer to be referred to as the prince's adviser, thank you—had come to sneak the older prince out of the hotel and into a vehicle with his own personal driver. Prince Howon just so happened to be kidnapped by his friend, and honestly, he couldn't do anything about it.

And he's glad he couldn't.

 

 

 

They ended up wasting three hours in what people call a mall. It happened because Howon and his friend were not dressed in proper 'common' attire. They were both wearing their respective families' court uniform, their families' seal and such displayed on their left . His friend's adviser, himself a regular man of humble origins, told them that commoners often wear jeans and shirts to do everyday activities and that they had to fit into the crowd if they didn't want to catch unwanted attention.

The older prince wore something in fashion, while Howon wore an outfit that mostly consisted of the colour purple. Much to the adviser's dismay.

“You look like a fever dream,” he told Howon.

“You're the one who said bright colours are 'in fashion'.”

“Exactly, Your Highness. Colours, not colour.”

That was the end of that conversation.

Howon and his friend were led by the other's adviser—because he was in the know and he knew what commoners liked to do, like how commoners supposedly liked window shopping and walking. They went around a shopping strip for one full hour and Howon's tired. He was sweating bullets from the heat of the sun and his clothes were too thin, too soft; Howon just wasn't used to anything that he was doing with the other two. He kept quiet about it, but it was obvious that he wasn't anywhere near the image of happy.

“How about we rest up, hm, Your Highnesses?” the only one who was comfortable with what they were doing suggested to the two princes, “Let's go to a cafe, get some drinks, sit down and appreciate being surrounded by everyday people. How's that sound?”

“Boring,” the older prince stuck his tongue out like a child, “I came out to play!”

“I'd l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter