Epilogue

Locked Up

 “Darling, nagpaalam ba sa’yo si Gerald? Kanina ko pa sila hinahanap ni Kimmy. Nag-uwian na ang mga bisita pero di ko pa rin sila nakikita.”

 “Hayaan n’yo na yung dalawa Ma, baka pinakilala lang si Kimmy dun sa kanila Joven.”

“Ay sus! E di pinagkaguluhan na ‘yung mga ‘yun dyan sa labas. Ang tigas talaga ng ulo n’yang si RJ. Sinabi na ngang wag nang iparada si Kimmy sa labas at baka dumugin pa sila.”

 Mommy Vangie and Ate Darling were still busy arguing when Mico, went into the kitchen.

 “Mico, nakita mo ba sina Tito RJ mo?” Vangie asked her grandson.

 “Wala po akong ginawa.” The little boy answered defensively.

 “Ang tanong ko, kung nakita mo sila.” Vangie asked again.

 Darling felt that her son was hiding something up his sleeves and her mom’s inquisition wouldn’t give her the answer she needs.

 “Mico, nag-play ba kayo ni Tito RJ kanina?”

 Mico nodded.

 “So saan kayo last na nag-play ni Tito?” Darling patiently asked the 5-year old.

 “Sa taas po dun sa room na maliit. Iniwan ko nga po sila ni Tita Kimmy kasi sabi ko play kami hide and seek.” Mico explained.

 Mommy Vangie laughed when she heard her grandson’s ploy then she remembered that the attic is not well-ventilated so she immediately went upstairs and when she found out that Mico has locked in Gerald and Kim, proceeded to get a bunch of house keys.

Darling followed her mother to the attic, while Mico who was obviously guilty of what he has done ran back to their own house which was just beside her mother’s.

 Mommy Vangie’s heart went out to both her son and his special girl when she saw them both slumped to the floor, spoon fashion and sleeping soundly

 She approached Gerald, and shook him gently to wake him up.

 “Boy, lumipat na lang kayo sa room mo. Ang init dito. At least doon may aircon.” She was trying her best to control her voice because she doesn’t want to disturb Kim.

 “Mom? Sino pa po ang andyan.” He sat down immediately.

 “Umuwi na sila. Past 10 na kaya. Hindi na ba kayo magdidinner? Maaga pa flight n’yo tomorrow di ba? Teka baba lang ako ipaghahanda ko kayo ng makakain.”

 “Wag na po… may kasalanan sa akin yung apo n’yo ha. Kulungin daw ba kami dito.” Gerald suddenly remembered his scheming little nephew.

 “Asus! Kunwari ka pa, if I know bukas may premyo sa’yo si Mico. E di nasolo mo si Kimmy.” Mommy Vangie even had the guts to wink at him.

 “Mom!” He groaned. Obviously uncomfortable with their topic.

 “Eto naman.. Binibiro ka lang naman. O sige na, dalhin mo na ang prinsesa mo sa kwarto.”

 “Is her room set up?”

 “Syempre naman. She’s my special guest tonight di ba? So I made sure that her room is ready for occupancy.”

 “Okay, I’ll just bring her there.” He then stood up and gently lifted Kim’s lithe figure to his arms.

 “Grabe ang ganda talaga ng girlfriend mo. Buti napasagot mo yan.” Mommy Vangie gushed.

 “Thanks Mom, you just made me feel like I’m the Beast in Beauty and the Beast.” Gerald answered.

 “Ay hindi a, swerte rin naman s’ya sa’yo kasi ang gwapo mo rin.” Mommy Vangie quipped as they were entering the pink room which was a special room Gerald requested from his mom when they decided to renovate the house. It was a room adjacent to his and both rooms share the second floor terrace. It was originally planned to be a guest room but Ge insisted that Kim should have a room of her own in their Gen San home.

 “Mom, wag mo na akong bolahin. I’m your son, there’s no need to reassure me.” He chuckled.

 “O s’ya matutulog na rin ako. Ikaw na bahala sa misis mo ha.” Mommy Vangie once again winked at him.

 His mom was really incorrigible but nonetheless he adores her.

 Gerald then gently placed his future wife on the bed and kissed her on the forehead.

 “If Mom only knew…” He whispered to his sleeping princess.