Conspicuous

Adore You

Conspicuous ; 

Track ; Time - Mikky Ekko

Conspicuous 

"Hey! Isn't that Min Se Yoon? That famous rookie model that just signed a contract with Victoria's Secret?" One of the girls gushed excitedly with her friends. So Jung lifted her head from her book, averting her gaze towards their direction. It attracted her for a moment. Min Se Yoon, she was all over the news, on the internet, magazines, everywhere. Min Se Yoon attracted her, of course not in a romantic way but she found her interesting, a little bit different. She liked her. You may ask why. She likes how real and free she looks on the runway, she likes how she dresses like that with a true meaning and not just to please men and be their eye candy. How'd she known? She sees it, she can read people's expression. 

 

"Oh my god! She's so skinny! Didn't she eat?" The other girl asked with an amazed tone while admiring her picture in the latest Vogue magazine. "I think she's anorexic, I mean, just look at those bones." The other one assumed while clucking her tongue. So Jung rolled her eyes and averted her gaze back to her book. This is what she loathes about people. They’re too influenced by the way how society thinks of them. It really doesn’t matter. You won’t be perfect, you won’t be able to achieve it because there’s no such thing as a perfect being in this world. There’s always a flaw in a system.

 

“Hey, So Jung.” She flinched at the words and looked up to see her best friend. “Hey, Chan.” She smiled warmly at the guy and stretched her arms to give him a big bear hug.

 

“Erdene and her friends again?” He asked.

 

So Jung rolled her eyes and nodded eagerly. Chanyeol patted her head and pinched her cheeks making her cringe. Chanyeol likes to be mushy that even when they go shopping or go to cafes together, people would always mistake them as a couple. 

 

“Why did you even sit here in the first place?” He questioned. So Jung scrunched her nose. He forgot. “I promised to wait for you, Mr knucklehead. So we can go to Hideout together.” He frowned for a second until he finally recalled their conversation yesterday. He slapped his forehead and made a face. “I’m sorry So Jung-ah~” He apologized cutely, rubbing his head on her forearms like a cat which gained pretty much half of the cafeteria’s attention. 

 

Chanyeol is high profiled, popular, rich, handsome, pretty much everything that you wish a guy could have. They’re probably wondering why Chanyeol’s around So Jung 24/7. First and foremost, Chanyeol hates judgemental es and erted guys which is pretty much how most of the colleagues here are. Secondly, Chanyeol thinks they’re very much alike and lastly, So Jung didn’t even know. Chanyeol has a crush on her since they first got to know each other. 

 

“It’s alright. Let’s go now, shall we? I’m so hungry, I think I could eat your head right now.” She joked. “You could eat my ear, So Jung. It’s so big that I think it’s enough for your one month supply. “Ew Chan, you’re disgusting.” They both chuckled and walked side by side to Chanyeol’s big motorcycle at the end of the road. 

 

“Hideout?” He asked again. “Hideout.” So Jung answered. “Well, maybe hideout could be our always.” He teased. “In your dreams, Park Chanyeol.” She said, ruffling his hair. 

 

You might ask yourself what Hideout is. No, it’s not a secret hideout where they go to covered lily ponds or anything similar like in regular books or movies. Hideout is a cafe, a cafe downtown that most people don’t recognize because of how unstrategic the location is. A place that So Jung loves to have her little getaway with her best friend. 

 

"Kim So Jung." A deep voice broke her thoughts. "Hm?" She hummed. Chanyeol smiled cheekily and pinched her cheeks from the front of the motorcycle. "We’re here, dork." He chuckled with his deep voice booming in her ears. "Oh." She flushed and smiled in embarrassment, realizing that Chanyeol noticed her zoning out.

 

The best friends walked into the cafe and the doorbell chimed. "Welcome back, Chanyeol-ssi, So Jung-ssi."