to my heartbeat sound

Full of Wonder

to my heartbeat sound

chapter 1

 

“I’ll even ride you if you ask nicely enough.” Sehun is looking at Yixing with his bottom lip sticking out, the face of a five year old and entirely inappropriate for a 20 year old guy bargaining for his boyfriend's , but Yixing can already feel himself melting.

"You mean you won't make me do all the work for a change?" he teases, leaning on Sehun's shoulder as they brave the chilly spring wind on their way to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream because Sehun is "desparate" — Yixing shakes his head in disbelief at his boyfriend but makes sure to wrap him up extra warmly in scarves and a thick winter coat despite protests that "it's almost April!"

"Hey I'm pregnant I deserve to be spoiled," Sehun sniffs, raising his chin in pretend scorn and turning away — just then his toe catches on a buckled section of sidewalk and he stumbles, almost fallling onto the icy ground, but Yixing still has his dancer's reflexes and darts forward, heart racing, to catch Sehun before he can fall.

"Be careful!" he says in alarm, standing his taller boyfriend upright and holding onto his arm. Sehun isn't even alarmed.

"I know you'll always catch me," he says, and the complete confidence in his voice puts happy butterflies into Yixing's stomach.

"Of course I will," he murmurs, hugging Sehun close, "but I'd rather you didn't fall in the first place."

Sehun giggles, leaning down to give Yixing a soft kiss with his sweet mouth, and the peck turns into something deeper, Yixing saying with his mouth what he didn't say out loud, You scared me when you tripped and I felt like I was falling, please let me take care of you forever. Sehun doesn't reply, but the happy tears budding in his eyes are answer enough.

"I love you so so much," Yixing says, pulling Sehun down for a hug. He's only three months along, hardly noticable, but Yixing can feel the baby's presence all the same. I promise to take the best care of you and your dad, okay? Sehun nuzzles into the wool of his coat before pulling away reluctantly.

"I still want ice cream," he pouts, pulling Yixing along by the hand. Yixing jogs a few steps to keep in step. "And your ," Sehun whispers into his ear. Yixing rolls his eyes but only wraps an arm around his boyfriend. Anything for you.

 


Notes: Chapter title is from Calvin Harris' Summer.